Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sheidinice, and welcome to the forum! Smile

I had 70% glycolic solution, and I dilluted it to 30-35%. It is possible to buy already ready 30% glycolic acid. Also you can substitute it with 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide (can dillute it if needed). If you read the entire thread, you will see info on H2O2.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Hi Sheidinice, and welcome to the forum! Smile

I had 70% glycolic solution, and I dilluted it to 30-35%. It is possible to buy already ready 30% glycolic acid. Also you can substitute it with 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide (can dillute it if needed). If you read the entire thread, you will see info on H2O2.

Ah thank you Smile
Thats where my confussion was. I didnt realise you substituted the glycolic for H202

I assume the H202 would also be a lot cheaper option?? also I can imagine bathing in glycolic Smile

Again, thank you
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, H2O2 is cheaper. I got glycolic from cellbone.com http://cellbone.com/Glycolicacid70.htm and posted links in the the middle of the page for H2O2 sites. You should be able to buy H2O2 in your health food store too.

I did my original treatment with glycolic, then I did touch ups with H2O2, and a maintenance bath with H2O2. In the future if I need another full treatment I am going to try H2O2.

You can do a patch test on your skin for appropriate H2O2 strength before proceeding full speed.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I want to provide an update on the state of my skin treated for seborrheic keratosis.

I can report that the entire procedure was a great success, I have beautiful skin on my back. Can wear all back open dresses.

As you know after the initial treatments I was applying lightning creams to significantly large skin areas to get even skin tone. The lightening treatments took a while, I am done with this part, and the skin is a little dry after all the treatments, but I expect it to normalise within several days to a week.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thats fantastic! Am looking into now where I can get my H202 from in bulk here in New Zealand so I can start too Smile

On the 3rd day the product you applied can you tell me why that product in particular please?
Much appreciated
Cheers
Shelley
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sheidinice - Greater Celandine is known for its properties to clear skin. It can be used on warts, etc. The results usually not immediate (several weeks), but after daily applications skin liaisons dry out and disappear. Fresh juice from the stems nodes, and roots is the best. The juice is bright yellow in color. I had extract that is not as strong as fresh juice.

You do not need to use this plant extract for the treatment. Hydrogen Peroxide should suffice.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cheers for that.
When using H020 I assume that would dry the skin out?? a lot?
What did you do after treatment for this?
Also I understand from your posting that the H202 chages the pigment colour in the skin when used this way? is that correct and is that why u use a pigment solution after?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
H2O2 applications are just one or a few times, so they do not dry skin out. It is lightening creams dried it out.

H2O2 does not change skin color, except that it frosts for a short time (seconds or minutes) and then goes away.

The pigmentation issues might come after the scabs appear, and then new skin starts developing. Just like after skin is scratched, and then being healed, there might be some discoloration.
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Got you thank you. Sorry just trying to suss out as much info as possible.
I have HEAPS of these awful bumps all over the top of my thighs and some on my chest and lower leg and REALLY want to see them gone as at 42 I feel like Im 92 and look it with these awful things Sad
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I understand... Just be ready that you get scabs when these things get burned with hydrogen peroxide, and it will take some time to heal. A good part that you will get rid of them without damaging healthy skin!
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sort term being Mrs Scaby I can live with Smile
These unsightly things I can Sad

How long did you take to heal on your back? was it a big areas?
Wonder if straight from the plant Aloe Vera gel would help too with the healing?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Healing was not that long, since I had a light case... do not quite remember healing duration... maybe a week or two... Healing time depends on how advanced the condition is.

Getting even tone took most of the time. I did the procedure sometime in the second half of July and now it is September.

I did not realize that you are mister... Cool
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Im not Confused
Im a Mrs hehehe sorry dont know how I managed to confuse all on that one Bad Grin
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sheidinice - it is me who should be sorry.... I can not read Shock
Sheidinice
5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
hahahaha Thats quiet alright Razz
jeriogg

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I have it on my lower legs (in front) and forearms but they're just rough. They're a little dark on my arms but darker on my lower legs but they're not raised up at all. The only pictures I saw on the web looked more like moles. I know they were SK but mine don't look like that. Do all of yours look more like moles?
jkg

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Dear mpstat: I was reading the blog on your treatment for SK. I was recently diagnosed and was given virtually no options for treatment. I have small SK on my legs, inner thighs, feet, and under arms.

Can you tell me how to get ahold of the 35% glycolic acid and the Hydrogen Peroxide I will need to do the treatment? Also, do you have a contact for large size Hydrogen for bathing?

Thank you, Jodie
jeriogg

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Well after doing some more research, I found pictures that look exactly what I have and it's usually found on the arms and legs. I had two doctors say it was SK! Wonderful! (sarcasm) I think I will try the H202 also....it can't hurt. The website with pictures is.. (I can't do a link because I'm new - what's with that???) aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/dsap. If anyone else has treated this, please let me know.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have a couple of these on my arms. I have the h202 and am just waiting to try it out.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
jkg,
Glycolic Acid
There are web sites that sell acid peels, including glycolic acid.

I got 70% unbuffered glycolic acid from Cellbone and then diluted it to get 30% - 35% (half 70% acid + half regular water). But they also sell glycolic acid with lower concentrations: http://cellbone.com/CB_Skinlight.htm
PlatinumSkinCare also sells various acid peels: http://www.platinumskincare.com/chemical-peels.aspx

Hydrogen Peroxide
mpstat wrote:
... check out this web sites for H2O2 http://www.dfwx.com/goewebsite.htm
It is good for large quantities. I got my H2O2 from it for maintenance baths. For smaller amounts your health food store should carry it.
This site also carries it http://www.pureh2o2forhealth.com
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
jeriogg - mine were not raised. I could feel that the texture was somewhat different when I touched them, but they were fairly flat.

You should be able to post the links after you post 10 posts. I was not able to open the link you provided after I entered it into the web browser. So was not able to see the picture... Sad

According to an article on H2O2 treatments, they treated a number of patients with various forms and degrees of SK. All the treatments were successful. The only difference that the older and rougher spots might need higher concentration, number of treatments, and recovery time. Otherwise all of it should be treatable. Very Happy
jkg

Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat:

Thank you so much. I was reading some of the other entries and mine are raised too.

I will post when I start treatment - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - I have been really bummed about this and am so glad I stumbled across this website. When my dermo told me there was nothing I could do I thought hell no, I'll find a treatment on my own.

Best regards, Jodie
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here are loads and loads of pics of them.

http://www.dermnet.com/thumbnailIndex.cfm?moduleID=4&moduleGroupID=109&groupIndex=0&numcols=0
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
jkg - thanks! Good luck with your treatment!!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Gayle - these images look to me as more progressed forms of SK. Thank you for the link!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |