Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
anngel wrote:
Help please!
Can someone advise if I can use industrial grade 100% h2o2 and dilute it with distilled water accordingly (to 30%)? Thanks!

I am not an expert on H2O2, but I do not see why you can not dilute it. You can try to dilute it more then 30% and work your way up, just to make sure that you would not do more damage.
bettybooplovesmakeup
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm so glad I found this forum!

I'm going to try the at-home H202 removal technique on the many, many facial keratoses I have. I was going to let my derm remove them, but he wants to scrape them and I fear scarring (I'm Asian and tend to scar badly).

I have a few questions. Can someone help?
First, when I apply the H202, what happens if it happens to touch normal skin?

Second, I want to do a series of Skinmedica Vitalize peels to remove hyperpigmentation elsewhere on my face. Can I do these peels after I remove the keratoses? I am worried that the removal areas will be more sensitive and might react badly to the peel, even though it's a superficial peel that is safe for even African-American skins. Is there a risk that the removal areas could scar?

Third, should I apply hydroquinone to the treated areas? If so, how soon after treatment?
chillray

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here. LOVE it! I have Sebaceous Hyperplasia, do you think the peroxide would work to remove these. The derm. does laser treatment to remove them. I have at least 5 on my face! Yuk.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
bettybooplovesmakeup - after treatment with SK normal skin might get pink or stays normal. However SK gets scabbed and then heals. So after treatment of SK you need to let the SK spots heal before doing peels. I started applying hydroquinone as soon as I got new skin on places where SK used to be. Hope this helps.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
chillray - I have not had experience with Sebaceous Hyperplasia, and looked it up on Internet. Sebaceous hyperplasia is a common harmless enlargement of the skin oil gland:
http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/sebaceousHyperplasia.htm

I doubt that hydrogen peroxide would work on them Confused Since your derm is already working on it with you, why don't you go through the treatment with your derm.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
anngel wrote:
Help please!
Can someone advise if I can use industrial grade 100% h2o2 and dilute it with distilled water accordingly (to 30%)? Thanks!

Absolutely NOT.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
anngel wrote:
Help please!

Absolutely NOT.

SansSouci572 - can you please elaborate on the reason?
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
SansSouci572 wrote:
anngel wrote:
Help please!

Absolutely NOT.

SansSouci572 - can you please elaborate on the reason?

Its rocket fuel, I don't even think you could buy it. Its highly explosive, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious now... are you suggesting that it might explode when water is added OR that it is a dangerous substance on its own and should not be messed with?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
anngel wrote:
Help please!

anngel - where are you getting industrial grade 100% hydrogen peroxide from?
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I am curious now... are you suggesting that it might explode when water is added OR that it is a dangerous substance on its own and should not be messed with?

From what I understand, they don't even use it in labs without serious protection. Heat, pressure, things like that. Its highly explosive, has major fumes, all kinds of hazards.
Its used in bombs.
anngel

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
A mate of mine works at wafer fab plant, they have huge containers of these, he'd pour some out into smaller bucket in the sink, think they use it for cleaning but they don't dilute it.
I have yet to get it from him.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks SansSouci572, now I see that you were warning about general hazard.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
angel - since the plant where your friend works use 100% hydrogen peroxide for cleaning do you know what precautions they take when using it?
Stephen

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does the H202 seem to be a lot more effective on removing and preventing the SK or will the Glycolic Acid treatment work just as well? I have a 40% Glycolic kit that I bought a while back hadn't used so I thought I would test it one place to see how it works. Has anyone tried both methods?
anngel

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat-once you're in the plant, you're required to be covered from head to toe, much like in operating theatre.
He was gonna get a few drops for me to try before I decide if I should go out and buy more.
Heck, might be less risk for me to just head to a nearby pharmacy Laughing .
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
anngel - good plan! In studies they mentioned 80% concentration which is very high, but did not specify know how they obtained it. Plus for most treatments they used food grade H2O2 which is much lower.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Stephen wrote:
Does the H202 seem to be a lot more effective on removing and preventing the SK or will the Glycolic Acid treatment work just as well? I have a 40% Glycolic kit that I bought a while back hadn't used so I thought I would test it one place to see how it works. Has anyone tried both methods?

Stephen - I used both, but differently. I used 30-35% glycolic acid for large areas, and hydrogen peroxide for touch ups. So I know that both work well for isolated SK, also glycolic acid works well for large area. However I do not know how well H2O2 works for large areas.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't even think there is such a thing as 100 percent, is there? The rocket fuel and explosives are at 80 and 90 percent.

Oh my. 35 percent is strong enough for me. and It lasts a long time...
I have accidently gotten the slightest, ever so slight bit under my fingernails and cried like a baby for it. (not really, but it did hurt! ow!)
Felt like a needle! Weird!

I would not want to buy a space suit so I could dilute anything higher than that, haha. I would think you would need one! They say the fumes can knock you dead.
Stephen

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
So how long did it take for everyones SK to completely heal after it's scabbbed over? On the 16th I started 40% Glycolic treatment on a SK spot a little smaller than a dime that I had had at the back of my jawline under my ear for a few years at least. I hit it pretty hard with the 40% GA the first three days or so treating sometimes 2 or 3 times each day just dabbing some right on the SK with a que tip or cotton ball because I was impatient and wasn't sure if it was working at first. I just left it on there and it stung a little for a few minutes and then stopped. A few days later I could tell it was obviously scabbing over and the skin around it was a little red and irritated for a few days after the treatment since I probably used the GA more than I needed to. The area there also seemed to swell just a little bit and the SK got larger than normal. The skin around it though is completely healed up now and looks as it did before. I've been putting Manuka Honey on it to help it heal faster and so that may of helped.

Anyway at the end of that week the SK seemed dead and was softened up after showering and using the Manuka Honey and I was impatient to see if it worked so I started to work on peeling the dead skin off at the top layer. Within a couple of days of peeling it off a little more at a time most of it seemed to be gone but now it's scabbed back over since it started to bleed from me pulling the skin and the scab off since the dead skin was attached to not so dead skin around it. So hopefully if I just leave it alone now and not pick at it any more the scab will finally heal up and fall off on it's own within this next week or so.
Stephen

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update that the scab has completely come off now and there doesn't seem to be anything left of the SK. There's just like a small red mark spot there where the skin hasn't completely healed from where I pulled the scab off but it's hardly noticeable Smile.

I may do a 35% H202 maintenace treament on it here in the next week or two to make certain I got all of the SK.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Stephen - glad to hear about your success! Very Happy
And thanks for your treatment description.
Pebble Gifford

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat,
I have been following your thread for treatment of SKs, and haven't had much luck.

I have SK's on my legs and arms. They are old and quite patchy, and I seem to get new ones (fainter than the old) every week. I began by treating them with 35% H2O2 applied with a Qtip. They burned quite a bit (it was bearable) and blister type formations developed on some and scabs on others. (The spots on my arms appear to be lighter and different than the ones on my legs. I thought I would ask my Derm to test and see whether they are something else). I waited a couple of days and repeated the H2O2 again (3-4 times in all) with the same result, and the SK's have not diminished. My shins and calves are the worse. Some are dark and blotchy, some are are pinkish and others are peeling. I stopped doing the H2O2 and applied Reviva Lightening Cream and/or PCA 17 Rebalance Cream with no result, although I have not used it for very long. I admit to being impatient. I have, also, just bought a bottle of Celandine Extract, but I am not sure how to use it.
SUMMARY: I have probably scarred myself for life, have become very self-conscious, am confused about how to use all the products: in what order? when? how frequently etc?
What do you advise I do at this point. I would like to start all over again.
Thank you,
Whalerock
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Pebble - sorry for the delayed response. From your after treatment description Some are dark and blotchy, some are are pinkish and others are peeling. It seems that your treatment impacted SK and now you need to wait until peeling is over, and skin starts to heal.

Everyone has different recovery time for skin, you can give about a couple of weeks for new skin to appear. As for Reviva treatments for discoloration it took me much longer to bring things in order, closer to a couple of months. Not everyone has discoloration issues, I started doing them just in case, and later I saw that it was a good move for me. Also I got hydroquinone, and added it to Reviva lightening cream, so the mix was stronger then the cream, and less so then hydroquinone.

Give after H2O2 treatment time to heal, and if you are successful killing SK then if needed proceed with Reviva treatments to even out skin tone. If some of SK left repeat hydrogen peroxide treatment to remove the rest of SK, but you might want to lower hydrogen peroxide strength if you think that it was too much for you during the first round.

New SK spots can be removed with ease even with one treatment. Old crusty SK need more treatments and higher concentration of the treatment solution, so that it can penetrate through thick SK layers.
francesrj

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
So glad to have found this forum. Have just purchased abottle of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide and am hoping the treatment works for me.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |