Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
PeachySkin wrote:
... Also, people are saying that SK can spread. Is that based on fact that people have read or are people just speculating?

It is based on the experience.
iamawake

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I tried diluted 35% HP (1/2 capful to one cap of H2O) on my brown freckles(flat and raised) on the side of my face at bedtime, and this is what I noticed.

Stung, then turned white.
Next morning, they were darker but smaller.
Tried it 2 more nights, and although they are dark the brown spots are breaking up if that makes sense.

I don't know if this method is for me. I might switch to glycolic acid maybe. Still looking...
stinkypoo

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat,

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I'm going to try your original treatment first - but I have a question about the Greater Celandine you used. Did you dilute the extract or did you spray it on full strength?

Also, the maintenance baths you mention with H2O2 - how much do you put in the bath?

Thanks!

Cathy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
stinkypoo - Welcome to the forum Smile
Greater Celandine extract was home made. My mom prepared it from the plant juice, so I did not dilute it. If you get commercially prepared extract it should come with directions how to use it topically.

As for hydrogen peroxide baths it is a good question. The preventive bath treatment described in the paper as follows:

mpstat wrote:

Bath Prevention Treatments
The following seborrheic keratosis prevention treatment should be adjusted depending on individual skin sensitivity and propensity for seborrheic keratosis proliferation:
a. fill a bath tub with moderately warm water;
b. add the container of the 35 percent hydrogen peroxide solution to the bath water;
c. soak in the tub with the seborrheic keratosis prevention solution for at least fifteen minutes;
d. repeat the treatment at weekly intervals;

They are not specific on container size plus bath tub sizes vary. I have several baths in my house three are fairly small and one is large. A large tub would need more H2O2 solution. I would suggest you to try to determine the amount of H2O2 needed for your bathtub by increasing it gradually because you would not want to get burned. First add a pint of H2O2 and see how it goes if it feels comfortable.

Also for glycolic treatments for large areas please be aware that it stings like hell Shock and your skin might peel and get pink afterwords until it gets back in shape.Good luck! Smile
stinkypoo

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, mpstat. I do have large areas to treat - my back and belly are covered with the stuff. Using H2O2 for large areas scares the willies out of me. Thanks for the heads up on the peeling possibility with glycolic acid though. As for the stinging - well, I'm hoping a couple of glasses of wine before hand will help with that issue some. Surprised

I'll post my results here.
glenss

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am using the H202 at 35%. it is working but a slow process. What is a good cream for skin lightening? some spots leave a darking where the SK was treated. also I am wondering if these are more often on people who are over weight. It runs in my family,but not so much on my thin relation.

Has research shown any idea what causes SK?

Thanks
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
glenss wrote:
Hi
I am using the H202 at 35%. it is working but a slow process. What is a good cream for skin lightening? some spots leave a darking where the SK was treated. also I am wondering if these are more often on people who are over weight. It runs in my family,but not so much on my thin relation.

Has research shown any idea what causes SK?

Thanks

glenss - first congratilations that it is working for you! Smile

For skin discoloration there are a couple of options:
* Reviva Labs Brown Spot Skin Lightening Night Cream
http://www.vitacost.com/Reviva-Labs-Brown-Spot-Skin-Lightening-Night-Cream
* Hydroquinone
* Lemon peel bioferment (LPB)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36747

I used a mix of hydroquinone + Reviva cream, because hydroquinone on its own is a bit dry, and Reviva cream has better creamier texture. It is possible to use Reviva cream on its own, but it would take a bit longer. In any case skin lightening with those two is a lengthy process, but it works. LPB has been introduced recently, and many had success stories outlined on the thread. Not sure if it will work on these discoloration spots, but wanted to list it as an option.

I do not think that discoloration/SK is limited to heavy people. I am slim with fair skin, and I had to take care of discoloration after SK removal.
SandyT
5% products discount

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to ask the question of how the H2O2 in the tub soaks could possibly effect the delicate genital areas? This solution does not seem to be something you would want going up the "plumbing" if you know what I mean. Confused
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
SandyT wrote:
I just have to ask the question of how the H2O2 in the tub soaks could possibly effect the delicate genital areas? This solution does not seem to be something you would want going up the "plumbing" if you know what I mean. Confused

No impact at all because baths have such low concentaration of H2O2. It is not for treatment, but for preventive purposes only. On the other hand it would be madness to treat private parts with high % H2O2 Shock
nanrfull

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to this website and I am grateful for all the postings that include your research and findings. I have been diagnosed by a dermatologist (Kaiser) and felt absolutely hopeless as my SK is on my trunk and is most uncomfortable under my breasts and around my bra-line. I was told if I had it treated it would return and to not bother. As a 60+ year old woman I am embarrassed that I have inherited my father's propensity for this hyper-pigmentation. I have ordered glycolic acid from the website that was recommended and am hopeful.

Should I try H2O2 35% + first?

Is there any cautionary advice for skin that is abraded by under ware in this area? I occasionally put lambs wool in that area to keep the irritation to a minimum.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
nanrfull - welcome to the forum Smile
Breast area has delicate skin. Try spot treating first, and see how it goes.

I dumped Kaiser long ago, and SK advise similar to that given to you was the last straw. On a good side it really motivated me to find a manageable solution. What is very valuable we have multiple people that were able to get rid of SK, and shared experiences including treatment protocols on this board. You are not alone, and will be able to remove all these pesky things on your own too! It might take time and trial and error, but you will be there. Smile
mmag

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings, all you lovely DIY people.

I've been reading various threads for a few months now and just love you guys -- what generous and knowledgeable people you are. For my first post, though, I have to admit that my initial attempts at DIY haven't been too successful so far (gritty serums and creams, etc., but that's a different thread, and I'll keep trying!). At 56, with fair skin and a history of sun damage, I have a few skin issues! First question is what to do when 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide doesn't seem to work on SKs.

I've been applying this stuff straight, every day, to 3 of these things (on a knee, on my side and stomach) for over 6 weeks now, and although they frost over and scab and look awful, they don't go away. My dermatologist did diagnose them (and said the use of 35% HP to get rid of them was "very clever"), but while so many of you say that after a few uses, they scab up and then fall off, mine stay put. Has anyone else had this experience? Does it just take more time? Thank you so much!
glenss

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
mmag,
I am having the same problem on some larger "older" sk's, so I went back to do more research. I read that apple cider vinegar works for so many skin problems, The method I used is the same as used for moles. I thought why not try it. I took half a cotton ball and soaked it in apple cider vinegar, put it on the sk and covered it with a band-aid over night. I did this two nights. The sk turned black and then peeled flaked off. Be careful not to pick at it, you can tell when its dead and ready to peel off. I put aloe vera gel on the raw skin to see how it heals. I used regular ACV ( Kroger brand ) full strength. I have read later to dilute it, so I am experimenting.
I have been using ACV as a facial toner as well and my skin is soft as a baby's bottom!
I will keep you posted.
nikkkiC

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my first bottle of 35% H202 and couldn't wait so I added a small droper full onto 5 sk's (about 1mm dia). So far, the skin AROUND the sk has turned white and the skin has also puffed up a little but the actual sk has no changes--is this normal? Should I add more? Wait? I'm just so excited to burn these suckers off that I haven't really researched (dumb I know). Question
mmag

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, glenss, for the apple cider vinegar idea! I tried it on the same day I read your post. It did indeed make my 2 toughest SKs black and scabbed over (isn't that a lovely image?), and one came off and bled a little after I stupidly went over it too roughly with a towel. But - now it's barely there at all! It's not totally gone but pretty darn small. The knee SK is still holding on; they're persistent little suckers, aren't they?

My new strategy with these things is to break down their will to live with 35% hydrogen peroxide, for weeks if need be, then use apple cider vinegar on a band-aid for a few days. One thing I've noticed is that some small SKs don't react to the hydrogen peroxide at all. Maybe they're not SKs after all, so I'm going to try a paste of smashed aspirin in a tiny bit of water on those. glenss, how's the apple cider vinegar working for you? Thanks so much for that great idea!
PeachySkin

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
My dermotologist recommended using AmLactin 12% Lotion daily. You can buy it at Walgreens for about $17. I've only been using it for 3 days but I've noticed the my SK is slightly softer already. It contains 4-4.5% alpha hydroxy.

Here's a quote from a website I found on KS:
As SKs are so superficial, the idea of trying to use exfoliants has been tried with mixed results. Potent lactic acid and glycolic acid creams may help smooth out or help exfoliate smaller growths. Ammonium lactate (prescription LacHydrin or OTC AmLactin as well as Priori Advanced AHA Hand & Body Revitalizing Lotion can help the hardened growth to soften and then shed partially or fully.

The website is atwww. Take out the 2 spaces in the website that I had to add so I could post the website! www. dermadoctor. com/article_Seborrheic-Keratoses_91.html
JEB325

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried so many things for these ugly flat warts but finally found something that worked - generic corn & callus remover from the drugstore! Four days and gone on my big old trial SK. Now, I just lost it so do not know how long the red area that was underneath the SK will last but I am dabbing at half the others on my front belly. I had them frozen off at the derm a long time ago in a different area but was left with white spots. It is a 17% salicylic acid formula and the SK was fairly old and large. Right now I am cautiously happy.
glenss

Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
The apple cider vinegar is the only thing that is working on older SK's. The only side effect is the smell. ha-ha! I did read that if you rough up the sk first, then apply the acv, it works a lot faster. The 35% H202 works but it seems to take forever. So far they have not come back. I have not tried the crushed aspirin method. Thanks for sharing!
glenss

Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
mmag,

Wanted to add that I still use the 35% H202 on every sk that I have removed. I am taking NO chances on those things coming back. I have a small mist spray bottle that I keep diluted 35% H202 with distilled water. I spray the areas after showers. I guess the formula would be how much can you stand as far as burn. If you keep it in the bathroom, it breaks down quicker. Best to keep it cold.
The ACV is by far the fastest way to kill SK's. Cheap too! I do go through band-aids like wildfire!
I dilute the ACV when I put it on my face, the ACV tends to darken spots before they peel off, so as you have seen for yourself they look worse before better. My temples seem to be where sk's want to grow. I have had several removed by my doctor in the past and they grew back within a couple years.

I keep telling myself, These things did not appear overnight and its going to take time to keep them under control. I say this because I'm going to have them. its in my blood. Every female on my mothers side had the extreme case.
She often told me I would never get them because I had fair skin and was blonde (as a child. WRONG! SK's do not have skin preferences. Another time she said it was "German Blood" WRONG AGAIN., all just handed down folktales!
I am not giving up. I can "kill" them off a few at a time, but I may never be totally sk free.

I do not get them on my arms or legs, Are you sure the one on your knee is an SK? I would guess they get tougher on skin exposed areas. The website where I got the ACV info is at earthclinic

Good luck and God Bless!
chgh

Thu May 13, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I just want to write this to encourage people. The H2O2 really did work for me - i was so sceptical, and found this forum by chance after being told by the Skin Doc he would not remove my SK off my FACE because he couldn't guarantee an improvement, thus I could sue him! Also, he gave me the private clinic details, and they would have charged me £800 for the total process of removing this thing. It was a 1cm x 0.5cm SK, a couple of mm thick, beside my mouth. Light brown but getting uglier and darker and bigger, grew over 2 years. I was so sad - it really bugged me.

But I took all the advice on here, and now there is nothing, not even a skin discolouration. Maybe I'm just lucky. It took 11 days total for the thing to disappear. I used neat 35% H2O2 [bought at Wholistic Research . com for £18]. I mixed it with Deionised water the first evening. But after that i went full strength. I kept a diary.
I used cotton-buds to apply. I put baking soda [mixed in a little water] as an anti-oxidiser on the surrounding skin, but later in the process i used vaseline which seemed to protect the skin just as well.
Once it scabbed I gently rubbed in circles with soap and water on cotton wool each night, also keeping up the applications. Gradually the scab came off at the edges.
And I bought some Reviva cream for any discolouration, but there is none, i won't even need it.
Oh and don't forget to wear rubber gloves when handling H2O2!!!
So thanks all of you - £18 is a bit easier on the purse than £800.
xCHGH
Dianna

Fri May 14, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Folks,
Last week and before I found this forum, I was desperate to get rid of my only crusty/warty SK, as it is in an awkward place at the top of my thigh. I had it cryo'd by the dermatologist last year, but it's back with a vengence! Since I have been a fan of tea tree oil (TTO) for other skin irritations, I decided to try it on that particular SK. I dabbed a good amount of TTO on this offending SK and let it sit for a couple minutes. I then took a cotton swab and started scrubbing at it. To my amazement the crusty stuff fell right off on the swab! It was flat for several hours after that, but it is now raising back up again, but not crusty.

I tried it on my little flat SKs, and they appeared to start "drying up", but not very fast. I can't really run around smelling like TTO as that would not be socially acceptable, so I decided to look for alternatives, but it was a great start to getting rid of that ugly monster. Now I'm ready to finish it off with something else!

I've been lurking around your forum the last few days, as I had finally had it with the increasing number of flat SKs on my arms and legs, and was looking for a final solution to "Mr. Crusty" so he doesn't return.

I just today received the H2O2 35% by FEDEX, and tried it on one of the flat SKs on my arm. The skin around it turned white immediately which scared me, so I rinsed it off. I thought it was supposed to start bubbling when I applied it, but it didn't. Any ideas about that?

Thank you CHGH for suggesting the baking soda/water neutralizer. I'm going to try that since I don't have any Vaseline in the house. Time to go try it out again!

Trixiegirl

Fri May 14, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
JEB325 wrote:
I have tried so many things for these ugly flat warts but finally found something that worked - generic corn & callus remover from the drugstore! Four days and gone on my big old trial SK. Now, I just lost it so do not know how long the red area that was underneath the SK will last but I am dabbing at half the others on my front belly. I had them frozen off at the derm a long time ago in a different area but was left with white spots. It is a 17% salicylic acid formula and the SK was fairly old and large. Right now I am cautiously happy.

Hi JEB! Just wondering how it was going with the remover you bought and your SK's. I have just a few on my legs and was thinking I didn't want to invest in a "small tub" of H202, so I was going to buy some Compound W. Has anyone had luck with that? I'm a newbie here BTW. Thanks! Rolling Eyes
cin-cin

Tue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the h. peroxide and used all over my ankle and top of my right foot. Boy that stung. I can't wait to see the results. I used a cotton ball and just went over most of my foot. Will try again tomorrow night and then let it rest for a few days.
Wis me luck!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
chgh - Congratulations on your success! It is always great to read encouraging posts. Thank you for sharing your experience with us Smile

Dianna, Trixiegirl, and cin-cin - Welcome to the forum and good luck on your way to beautiful skin! Smile
JEB325

Wed May 19, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Trixiegirl wrote:
Hi JEB! Just wondering how it was going with the remover you bought and your SK's. I have just a few on my legs and was thinking I didn't want to invest in a "small tub" of H202, so I was going to buy some Compound W. Has anyone had luck with that? I'm a newbie here BTW. Thanks! Rolling Eyes

Update. The corn & callus remover rocks. Compound W did nothing in the past. Skin is still a little pink. May use a lightener in a week or so.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |