Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
winga

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this but have had sk and solar keratosis for quite awhile. Went to the derm MD a couple of times. Problem still there. Decide to look online and found you guys. Did try H2O2, does burn but a mean old one does actually appear to be smaller. Also am trying ACV as of today on some on my chest and upper back area. Hopefully will work.
ShiningVenus

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
My experience using acv:

Day 1-3: I applied acv 2x/day using a q-tip directly to two small itchy sks on my chest. They were close together - about 1/2" apart.

I held the q-tip in place for approximately one minute on each sk. The itching was greatly relieved by the acv.

Day 4: Not seeing much in the way of dramatic improvement, in the evening I soaked a small piece of cotton pad 1"x 1/2"in acv and placed it over the two sks and held it in place with two bandaids and left it on overnight.

Day 5: The following morning I removed the bandaids to discover that the sks were very itchy and the entire test area red and rather irritated-looking. I showered using liquid tea tree oil soap and Nature's Gate Colloidal oatmeal moisturizer on the sks to try and combat the itchiness. Both helped a bit.

Day 6: The sks scabbed.

Day 9: I gently scrubbed my body with a shower brush and liquid soap and the two small scabs came off.
The area immediately surrounding the sks remained reddened.

Day 11: The test area looks normal. The sks are still slightly red like two small pimples or mosquito bites.

Assessment:

The sks were reduced by approximately 50%. (about the same result as Co2.

The healing process from the time scabs appeared to the time they fell off was MUCH faster than with Co2. (3 days vs 14-20.)

Price comparison: $150. vs less than $1. worth of supplies (6 q-tips, two bandaids and a tiny amount of acv.)

I think the next time I try acv I will skip the three day q-tip routine and just simply apply a very miniscule piece of acv-soaked cotton pad to a piece of scotch tape and carefully place it over an sk with another piece of tape to hold it in place cross-wise, and leave on overnight.

I will try multiple sks using this method.

I think it may be just as effective as what I did before and will leave more of the normal surrounding skin unaffected.
winga

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Took off the overnight bandage with ACV. Lo and behold, half of a large ugly old sk peeled right off. After One Night!!! (I had used h2o2 for 2-3 days before, might have helped to speed things up) I'm a happy camper!!! Now to go after the others. Hard to believe something so simple can work so well and so quickly. What MD's don't want us to know.
jeany2

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Both my husband and I have one of these, mine is fairly small, but his is the size of a penny and raised up quite a bit. It is on his temple area and was noticed by his barber, she recommended to him, "OIL OF THIEVES" (recipe can be found on the Internet, NOTE: some sites say that it can be ingested, but the labels on the different oils say DO NOT INGEST, I tend to agree with them. It also says DO NOT USE ON CHILDREN OR INFANTS. I used this oil 3 times a day for 3 weeks and the raise rough portion of the mole came off, and just a light tan mole remained, I will continue to use it to see if that also disappears. My husband is also using it and is also getting results.

DO NOT INGEST OR USE ON CHILDREN AND INFANTS
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
jeany2 wrote:
Both my husband and I have one of these, mine is fairly small, but his is the size of a penny and raised up quite a bit. It is on his temple area and was noticed by his barber, she recommended to him, "OIL OF THIEVES" (recipe can be found on the Internet, NOTE: some sites say that it can be ingested, but the labels on the different oils say DO NOT INGEST, I tend to agree with them. It also says DO NOT USE ON CHILDREN OR INFANTS. I used this oil 3 times a day for 3 weeks and the raise rough portion of the mole came off, and just a light tan mole remained, I will continue to use it to see if that also disappears. My husband is also using it and is also getting results.

[b]DO NOT INGEST OR USE ON CHILDREN AND INFANTS

A few links for the recipe....

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/thieves_oil.htm

http://www.natural-aromatherapy-benefits.com/thievesoilrecipe.html

http://www.noordinaryhomestead.com/dailiness/how-to-make-thieves-oil/

I know you can't post links yet, I tend to agree about ingesting most essential oils!
Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
winga wrote:
Took off the overnight bandage with ACV. Lo and behold, half of a large ugly old sk peeled right off. After One Night!!! (I had used h2o2 for 2-3 days before, might have helped to speed things up) I'm a happy camper!!! Now to go after the others. Hard to believe something so simple can work so well and so quickly. What MD's don't want us to know.

winga, I've been following this thread...do you have any more updates on this?
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
ShiningVenus wrote:
My experience using acv:

Day 1-3: I applied acv 2x/day using a q-tip directly to two small itchy sks on my chest. They were close together - about 1/2" apart.

I held the q-tip in place for approximately one minute on each sk. The itching was greatly relieved by the acv.

Day 4: Not seeing much in the way of dramatic improvement, in the evening I soaked a small piece of cotton pad 1"x 1/2"in acv and placed it over the two sks and held it in place with two bandaids and left it on overnight.

Day 5: The following morning I removed the bandaids to discover that the sks were very itchy and the entire test area red and rather irritated-looking. I showered using liquid tea tree oil soap and Nature's Gate Colloidal oatmeal moisturizer on the sks to try and combat the itchiness. Both helped a bit.

Day 6: The sks scabbed.

Day 9: I gently scrubbed my body with a shower brush and liquid soap and the two small scabs came off.
The area immediately surrounding the sks remained reddened.

Day 11: The test area looks normal. The sks are still slightly red like two small pimples or mosquito bites.

Assessment:

The sks were reduced by approximately 50%. (about the same result as Co2.

The healing process from the time scabs appeared to the time they fell off was MUCH faster than with Co2. (3 days vs 14-20.)

Price comparison: $150. vs less than $1. worth of supplies (6 q-tips, two bandaids and a tiny amount of acv.)

I think the next time I try acv I will skip the three day q-tip routine and just simply apply a very miniscule piece of acv-soaked cotton pad to a piece of scotch tape and carefully place it over an sk with another piece of tape to hold it in place cross-wise, and leave on overnight.

I will try multiple sks using this method.

I think it may be just as effective as what I did before and will leave more of the normal surrounding skin unaffected.

ShiningVenus...I'm following your experience here as well, do you have any further updates?
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity, sorry I haven't responded to your question until now. I began applying straight 35% HP without roughing up the SK's. They were always itchy, so I figured they were pre-roughed up! They all bubbled up, so I think I was right about that!

All the SK's on my arms are now gone. I did discontinue using the Dr. Scholl's, because although it made the edges peel a little, it never seemed to make progress in actually destroying the SK. I began to use the HP on that SK, and it was gone in a matter of days.

The ACV did successfully get rid of a large black SK on my tummy, but it left a huge crater, and my skin there still looks irritated.

35% HP worked the best overall for me! I am beginning to work on some very small SK's I recently found, and I anticipate a quick success with these.....they are so little!

Now I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and order a larger supply of the HP so I can use it in baths to hopefully stop the formation of SKs in the future.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
After my initial spot-test using acv on two small sks on my chest, I decided to go all-out and try overnight application on a whole bunch of sks (all on my torso.)

I apologize in advance if I sound overly-detailed but I want to be as clear as possible about my methodology, results and healing time.

A bit about me: I am mid-40's, fair-skinned, blue-eyed woman who had excessive sun exposure as a child before anyone knew about sunscreen! I know, I know, dermatologists say sk formation has nothing to do with the sun but, I think it may be a factor along with heredity, diet, stress, etc. My understanding is the jury is still out on the exact cause of sks. Whatever. Let's move on to how to get rid of them!!

I cut quilted cotton makeup-removal pads in small, custom, sk-sized pieces roughly the same size as the three larger sks I was treating. I lay a piece of magic tape over the cotton bit to pick it up and once it was in place in the center of the tape, I used a small dropper bottle filled with acv to saturate the cotton with acv then I applied the cotton to the sk and left it on overnight.

I also had two large clusters of tiny sks; one right in the center of my body right between my ribs, the other on my side. For these, I used entire oval or round cotton pads saturated with acv and left them on overnight.

I repeated this process for the next 4-6 nights. I stopped only when it seemed the sks were truly irritated. Some were more resistant than others.
Scabs formed approximately 12-24 hours after ending treatment and after nine days only the large sks still have scabs.

Results: Varied. The acv managed in the case of a large sk to break it up into three smaller sks.
Where there were clusters, I can still feel the sks. They are reduced but NOT totally gone.

My best guess is the acv is somewhere between 25-50% effective.

I think it would take a 2-3 treatments to see more dramatic results.

So, if each treatment period is about 7-10 days, (allowing for a few days rest between treatments) it would probably take a month to fully treat the sks. (That's about 15 nights total of sleeping with acv-soaked pads on.)

Upside: acv is very affordable, and when used conservatively, does not seem to leave any scarring, red or otherwise darkened marks behind.

Downside: Takes multiple treatments using smelly acv. Better to sleep alone on the nights when using. Acv can sting when applied. Itching can also be a problem but is usually bearable. (I used a liquid tea-tree soap in the shower and a colloidal oatmeal moisturizer on the spots everyday to ease the itching and soothe the skin.)

One really weird side-effect:
I noticed that my feet which never normally have any odor smelling like acv.

I am moving on to HP only because I love experimenting and I would like to find something that doesn't require fiddling around with all the tape and scissors and cotton pads night after night.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to give the ACV a try on 6 AK spots on my left torso. I wet a small bit of a cotton ball & taped each one on & left it for about 7 hrs. The smell was ghastly! LOL Unfortunately the second day I did this, it burned my skin & now I have red circles on my sides, almost but not quite raw. That stuff was strong! I don't have sensitive skin or anything, but it did a number on me. It probably wouldn't have done that had I not taped the things down. I should have just applied it a few times a day & let it dry. The good news, is that one of them got so irritated it fell off. I'm going to keep applying it to the rest of them, except just dabbing directly on the spot with a q-tip & letting it dry.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
So appreciative of the recent updates... thank you! I bought some bloodroot "body wash" and have been applying that to my face... results are not conclusive at this point. It seems as if the bumps/ sks on my forehead are diminished, but there is one on my cheek that is unresponsive to HP or to the bloodroot.

I'm going to try a bit of the salicylic in a very controlled manner and nothing else (last time I applied salicylic AND HP 35% and am still dealing with the pigmentation this caused though it's getting better).

I'll report on how it goes...

5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! Haven't checked in here for quite awhile. Nice to see so many people attacking these things with so many creative ideas. One year after my success with the ACV shirt thing, my torso remains clear. I haven't had as much success with some newer ones on my neck-couldn't hold the ACV close enough in the collarbone area for continuous contact. The best things I have found for smaller areas have been various sizes of mini/maxi pads taped on. The material will hold in the moisture and not allow it to leak to outer clothing. They really do need to be irritated enough to form a scab. I tried this in January with about 50% success and want to do it again before swimsuit season. I'm still so thrilled with the treatment from last year that it is a success no matter what happens. Luck to you all!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
goddess49 wrote:
Hi all! Haven't checked in here for quite awhile. Nice to see so many people attacking these things with so many creative ideas. One year after my success with the ACV shirt thing, my torso remains clear. I haven't had as much success with some newer ones on my neck-couldn't hold the ACV close enough in the collarbone area for continuous contact. The best things I have found for smaller areas have been various sizes of mini/maxi pads taped on. The material will hold in the moisture and not allow it to leak to outer clothing. They really do need to be irritated enough to form a scab. I tried this in January with about 50% success and want to do it again before swimsuit season. I'm still so thrilled with the treatment from last year that it is a success no matter what happens. Luck to you all!

Oooooh, you are re-inspiring me! And the maxi pad idea!! Laughing Brilliant.

I've been wanting to try your protocol but for some reason, I have been really avoiding the smell of the ACV... Like, ugh, I can't stand it. And that is such a dumb reason. I don't think I could sleep in it, so I've been thinking what if I did it during the day (I work from home)? Do you think that would work, or would the ACV kind of run down my torso? Maybe I really just have to lay down with it...

And you're right, swimsuit season is just around the corner!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
goddess49 wrote:

I've been wanting to try your protocol but for some reason, I have been really avoiding the smell of the ACV... Like, ugh, I can't stand it. And that is such a dumb reason. I don't think I could sleep in it, so I've been thinking what if I did it during the day (I work from home)? Do you think that would work, or would the ACV kind of run down my torso? Maybe I really just have to lay down with it...

Luminosity,

A suggestion on how you might make the odor of ACV a bit more tolerable, add about 10-20 drops of lemon essential oil per oz. of ACV and it might be a lot less annoying to you. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
goddess49 wrote:

Luminosity,

A suggestion on how you might make the odor of ACV a bit more tolerable, add about 10-20 drops of lemon essential oil per oz. of ACV and it might be a lot less annoying to you. Smile

OK! Will do... that sounds like a great idea! Smile

Sun May 06, 2012 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Inspired by Goddess49 and Hotmedusa I decided to try the ACV teeshirt treatment for a large number of SKs.

I started getting a lot of lesions when I was pregnant three times in my twenties so I thought is was a hormonal thing. But when I hit 60, 4 years ago they reappeared all over. Since then I've had varying degrees of success removing them using castor oil, tee tree oil and 35% food grade HP. My SKs are back with a vengeance after having nearly erdicated them last year. I now realise I need to have a maintenance regime to keep them at bay. Over the last month I have been using 35% HP. For my back I have a coat hanger system. I rubber band a makeup pad to the end so I can reach the inaccessible ones. I don't understand why I'm not having the results I had before, or perhaps I'm being impatient.

First night. I put on a long sleeveless teeshirt soaked in apple cider vinegar, covered it with a bin liner, covered that with a long teeshirt and pulled my pj bottoms over the lot to hold it all in place. What a strong smell, had to open the window. A bit stingy then a lovely warm feeling to send me off to sleep. A couple of vods helped because I was a bit scared of the pain. But there was no real pain that was to come later.

Next morning I took off the teeshirt and saw stains where some of the SKs I had scratched had bled a little. Lots of general itchiness on the torso but not localised in SK areas. But the biggest surprise was that the SKs had hydrated and looked BIGGER AND MORE OF THEM!. Oh dear! Shock horror! Had a shower. Went for a swim and did 40 lengths.

2nd night. After an evening's choir singing I plucked up enough courage to apply the ACV teeshirt for a second night. Decided to target under the boobs where they are pink and soft and both sides of the front torso where they are small dark and harder. Next morning the keratoses are very inflamed and sore. The rest of the skin has small red dots everywhere. I wonder if these are young SKs waiting to emerge similar to Goddess49's experience. Had a look later in the day and noticed that NEARLY ALL the SKs are turning brown, even the pale ones and they are all ringed with red inflammation.

3rd night. Since I'm a glutton for punishment and my mother always told me that "pride must abide" I decided to go for it for a third night in a row. After an hour the soreness, heat and tingling were extreme but diminished after a while. Finally got to sleep about 1am. The fumes were pretty bad as always. Woke up to find the lesions very sore and inflamed. Now I have to wait a week for things to start happening.

5th day. My body looks like the victim of some horrible plague, the critters are in a dreadful state all scabbed over. I scraped some tiny ones finding clean skin underneath but it will take monumental self control not to start picking at them. The soreness has diminished. There are a few SKs that haven't succombed but on the whole I'm thrilled at the number I have zapped with the ACV teeshirt. I will get the defiant ones at a later date.

So far then, so good. It has been well worth doing despite the discomfort. Will post again later with further developments.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
seasider wrote:
Inspired by Goddess49 and Hotmedusa I decided to try the ACV teeshirt treatment for a large number of SKs.

I started getting a lot of lesions when I was pregnant three times in my twenties so I thought is was a hormonal thing. But when I hit 60, 4 years ago they reappeared all over. Since then I've had varying degrees of success removing them using castor oil, tee tree oil and 35% food grade HP. My SKs are back with a vengeance after having nearly erdicated them last year. I now realise I need to have a maintenance regime to keep them at bay. Over the last month I have been using 35% HP. For my back I have a coat hanger system. I rubber band a makeup pad to the end so I can reach the inaccessible ones. I don't understand why I'm not having the results I had before, or perhaps I'm being impatient.

First night. I put on a long sleeveless teeshirt soaked in apple cider vinegar, covered it with a bin liner, covered that with a long teeshirt and pulled my pj bottoms over the lot to hold it all in place. What a strong smell, had to open the window. A bit stingy then a lovely warm feeling to send me off to sleep. A couple of vods helped because I was a bit scared of the pain. But there was no real pain that was to come later.

Next morning I took off the teeshirt and saw stains where some of the SKs I had scratched had bled a little. Lots of general itchiness on the torso but not localised in SK areas. But the biggest surprise was that the SKs had hydrated and looked BIGGER AND MORE OF THEM!. Oh dear! Shock horror! Had a shower. Went for a swim and did 40 lengths.

2nd night. After an evening's choir singing I plucked up enough courage to apply the ACV teeshirt for a second night. Decided to target under the boobs where they are pink and soft and both sides of the front torso where they are small dark and harder. Next morning the keratoses are very inflamed and sore. The rest of the skin has small red dots everywhere. I wonder if these are young SKs waiting to emerge similar to Goddess49's experience. Had a look later in the day and noticed that NEARLY ALL the SKs are turning brown, even the pale ones and they are all ringed with red inflammation.

3rd night. Since I'm a glutton for punishment and my mother always told me that "pride must abide" I decided to go for it for a third night in a row. After an hour the soreness, heat and tingling were extreme but diminished after a while. Finally got to sleep about 1am. The fumes were pretty bad as always. Woke up to find the lesions very sore and inflamed. Now I have to wait a week for things to start happening.

5th day. My body looks like the victim of some horrible plague, the critters are in a dreadful state all scabbed over. I scraped some tiny ones finding clean skin underneath but it will take monumental self control not to start picking at them. The soreness has diminished. There are a few SKs that haven't succombed but on the whole I'm thrilled at the number I have zapped with the ACV teeshirt. I will get the defiant ones at a later date.

So far then, so good. It has been well worth doing despite the discomfort. Will post again later with further developments.

Kudos to you for hanging in there! If I didn't have a spouse I might consider trying it!
goddess49
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
seasider-your experience sounds very similar to mine. Please update us when you get a chance!
cjchun250

Tue May 22, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you needed a recent post, so I registered just to let everyone know that these home remedies for getting rid of seborrheic keratosis really work! I am so excited ! I went to the doctor first, to make sure that's what it really was on my shoulder. She said to just watch it. I wanted it off of there, so I went home and started the regimen. I used hydrogen peroxide and alternated with tea tree oil. I also filed it once a day, and within 48 hours pieces of the lesion started falling off. Within a week it was completely gone! Thanks for posting. I have fair skin and red hair, and have many relatives with skin cancer and skin problems, so I know this will not be the last one as I age. But I also don't like to be dependent on doctors for every little thing. I am empowered! Thank-you for posting the home remedies! Very Happy
cjchun250

Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I registered just to let everyone know that these home remedies for getting rid of seborrheic keratosis really work! I am so excited ! I went to the doctor first, to make sure that's what it really was on my shoulder. She said to just watch it. I wanted it off of there, so I went home and started the regimen. I used hydrogen peroxide and alternated with tea tree oil. I also filed it once a day, and within 48 hours pieces of the lesion started falling off. Within a week it was completely gone! Thanks for posting. I have fair skin and red hair, and have many relatives with skin cancer and skin problems, so I know this will not be the last one as I age. But I also don't like to be dependent on doctors for every little thing. I am empowered! Thank-you for posting the home remedies! Very Happy
TetraHydro

Sat May 26, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just stumbled on this thread today, and I have been reading if for a few hours.

I think I have SK or some variant. I have been to multiple dermatologists all of which seem unconcerned with my condition calling it Stucco Keratosis. My most recent and unpleasant visit costing me over $700 spurred me to search for my own answers…thus finding this thread.

I have little skin colored dots that started to appear on my hands about 4-5 years ago. They were virtually unnoticeable until I caught a glimpse of them one day as the morning sun cast a light over my hands as I was driving my car. I thought what are these? There were only a few at the time but since have become more and bigger and darker since fiddling with them.

I have tried the Dr Scholl’s (salicylic acid) wart remover on them; however it seems to just thrash my skin and leave the pin sized lesion there making them more noticeable and darker and bigger than before.

I am excited to try the glycolic acid solution and high percentage hydrogen peroxide solution, that mpstat initially wrote about, on my hands. I have had bad skin for many years… i.e. moles and red dots etc… the price for too much California sun as a kid I guess. Perhaps some of these are SK’s.???? The dermatologists are virtually useless in my opinion which has led to my chronic confusion with my skin condition.

I plan to order some GA and H2O2 after posting this thread, any advice other than what I have read will be greatly appreciated.

Wish Me Luck
Surprised
Annapest74

Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I too suffer from SKs! I'm 38 and look like I have the legs of an 80 year old! I sometimes spray tan bc I no longer go out in the sun! And when the tan starts to fade I notice hundreds of these things on the tops of my thighs and lower legs. Mine are rather small and dont look raised yet although the appearance just looks very mottled and dull! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but last night I tried apple cider vinegar and they kinda scraped right off this morning. I cant tell if it they are still there of if it is my tan that is gone but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a couple more doses will clear them right up! Question...anyone that has tried ACV have they disappeared completely or have they come back? Thanks for all the great suggestions on this site!
goddess49
5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Anapest74-As to the question if they come back...it seems that if you kill one completely, it doesn't return. However, new ones probably form all of the time. By using the ACV treatment and hitting many of them at once, I think you zap the baby ones waiting in the wings. Since I did this over a year ago I don't have much in the way of new spots. When I tried for the small, hard ones on my neck, I wasn't quite as successful but I now realize that when I rubbed my hand on my neck it used to feel like I had several ticks (a real horror of mine that would send me running to the mirror !) and it doesn't feel that way anymore. So it was more successful than I thought!
TetraHydro

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so it has been a while since I posted after my initial read/post... Arrow

I purchased 70% Glycolic acid, 35% H202, and Greater Celandine. I also received/purchased some of those glass amber bottles with the droppers in them, one is 4oz and the other 2oz, mostly for mixing and/or holding the solutions such as the H202 (because it came in a large 32oz bottle).

Okay, so I first tried the Glycolic acid @ 70%... no dilution, on my left hand where some obvious spots are (about half the circumference of an eraser head). These were basically skin colored, very hard to see without the proper cascade of sunlight (bathroom lights seem to make them harder to see) however you can feel them if rubbed. The glycolic acid was an EPIC FAIL. Nothing really happened… at all. Having dismal results initially I tried again with the GA, this time after a jog and a shower. I knew my pores would be open. I applied the GA with a Q-tip tip, which I had saturated with the GA. I applied 3 times within 30 minutes and then did kind of a smear about 1 inch by 1 inch. Nothing really! ! My skin slightly sloughed and seemed smoother and shinier, however that made the spots more pronounced.

So I moved on to the H202 with exciting results. After initially reading this thread I did some more research about the 3 ingredients I purchased…. And there is some interesting stuff about H202. I did the Q-tip saturation application method. ( I am spot testing this stuff before a mass application). I would lightly touch the surface of my skin with the saturated Q-tip and it would leave a nice little drop of H202 on the bump. I did this to about 6-7 of them. Some of the liquid H202 on the top portion of my hand seemed to just sit there while other areas nearer my knuckles seemed to absorb the liquid sooner. After several minutes basically nothing was happening??? I was like “what the heck!!” So now convinced I wasted all sorts of money on home remedies I went for broke. I took my H202 soaked Q-tip, which was now slightly less saturated, maybe just moistened, and I pushed straight down on a particular spot which was the most offensive to me. As I was pushing down with the Q-tip on the spot, I spun the Q-tip on the spot as you would a stick on another to start a fire. I did this for about 5-10 seconds. I could see the H202 liquid from the Q-tip spreading slightly due to the pressure and force being applied. I also noted what seemed to be my skin turning pale to white slightly as I pushed… perhaps just blanching of the skin??? I did this same thing 4 times to 4 spots adding a touch of H202 liquid to the Q-tip each time. Initially nothing really happened! But then like 5-10 minutes later I felt a tingle. As I looked down at my hand I saw what appeared to be pin-head sized white dots. They looked liked mini white head zits, but I knew and could feel that it was the H202 and it was bubbling under my skin. At first it was like 1 or 2, then it was many, then the whole area the size of maybe a penny or slightly less lit up with tiny white zit like things… then just turned white. The next day the skin was red/pink but the SK was white still like the H202 initially made it. I did it again 2-3 days later with even better results. The SK is definately affected and seems like it will scrape off. I will post as I progress further.

Note: The H202 stings like a son-of bitch. I think the reason my 2nd trial was more successful than my 1st is because I washed of the first try after it turned white and stung so much. The second try I just grit my teeth and took it… lasted about 30 minutes!

I have not used the greater celandine yet.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
TetraHydro wrote:
Okay, so it has been a while since I posted after my initial read/post... Arrow

I purchased 70% Glycolic acid, 35% H202, and Greater Celandine. I also received/purchased some of those glass amber bottles with the droppers in them, one is 4oz and the other 2oz, mostly for mixing and/or holding the solutions such as the H202 (because it came in a large 32oz bottle).

Okay, so I first tried the Glycolic acid @ 70%... no dilution, on my left hand where some obvious spots are (about half the circumference of an eraser head). These were basically skin colored, very hard to see without the proper cascade of sunlight (bathroom lights seem to make them harder to see) however you can feel them if rubbed. The glycolic acid was an EPIC FAIL. Nothing really happened… at all. Having dismal results initially I tried again with the GA, this time after a jog and a shower. I knew my pores would be open. I applied the GA with a Q-tip tip, which I had saturated with the GA. I applied 3 times within 30 minutes and then did kind of a smear about 1 inch by 1 inch. Nothing really! ! My skin slightly sloughed and seemed smoother and shinier, however that made the spots more pronounced.

So I moved on to the H202 with exciting results. After initially reading this thread I did some more research about the 3 ingredients I purchased…. And there is some interesting stuff about H202. I did the Q-tip saturation application method. ( I am spot testing this stuff before a mass application). I would lightly touch the surface of my skin with the saturated Q-tip and it would leave a nice little drop of H202 on the bump. I did this to about 6-7 of them. Some of the liquid H202 on the top portion of my hand seemed to just sit there while other areas nearer my knuckles seemed to absorb the liquid sooner. After several minutes basically nothing was happening??? I was like “what the heck!!” So now convinced I wasted all sorts of money on home remedies I went for broke. I took my H202 soaked Q-tip, which was now slightly less saturated, maybe just moistened, and I pushed straight down on a particular spot which was the most offensive to me. As I was pushing down with the Q-tip on the spot, I spun the Q-tip on the spot as you would a stick on another to start a fire. I did this for about 5-10 seconds. I could see the H202 liquid from the Q-tip spreading slightly due to the pressure and force being applied. I also noted what seemed to be my skin turning pale to white slightly as I pushed… perhaps just blanching of the skin??? I did this same thing 4 times to 4 spots adding a touch of H202 liquid to the Q-tip each time. Initially nothing really happened! But then like 5-10 minutes later I felt a tingle. As I looked down at my hand I saw what appeared to be pin-head sized white dots. They looked liked mini white head zits, but I knew and could feel that it was the H202 and it was bubbling under my skin. At first it was like 1 or 2, then it was many, then the whole area the size of maybe a penny or slightly less lit up with tiny white zit like things… then just turned white. The next day the skin was red/pink but the SK was white still like the H202 initially made it. I did it again 2-3 days later with even better results. The SK is definately affected and seems like it will scrape off. I will post as I progress further.

Note: The H202 stings like a son-of bitch. I think the reason my 2nd trial was more successful than my 1st is because I washed of the first try after it turned white and stung so much. The second try I just grit my teeth and took it… lasted about 30 minutes!

I have not used the greater celandine yet.

Great review TetraHydro, and very detail oriented(love it). Please keep us updated on your progress. I think I have the beginnings of these dots on my hand. Thanks a lot.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |