Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mandi_2013

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys. I want to say thank you for making this forum. I think I have DSAP. I am 32 years old so I guess this is the time of my life when it would show up. My dad has this but his seems to be turning into skin cancer. My derm always tells me it is just dry skin and wants to freeze it but there is soo much on my arms. I did so much research and this is the only place I have found that gives me hope. I know most replies are about SB but I hope you will welcome me even though it is a little different. I received 35% hp 2 days ago. I put it all over my arms, then got worried that it would blister my arms so took it off 1 minute later. Then took a qtip and put it on each DSAP. It looked better the next day so I am happy. Today is the 2nd day, and I decided to rub it all over my arms just because I am so sick of all this on my arms. I took a shower about an hour later and then put it on the DSAP again with a qtip. I hope this works!
TetraHydro

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been putting off making another post until I am surer of what is going on with my skin. All the original SK's/warts/stucco Keratosis is still there. A lot of collateral damage takes place with the use of h202. I don’t know if they even really shrunk. It is the same as salicylic acid as far as damage to the skin, in my opinion.

Oddly a day after my last post… the area I swabbed with 70%GA at about 1 inch by 1 inch actually peeled. I see what mpstat meant by pink skin! It was a sight that’s for sure. It has taken this whole time to heal, but that area looks the best out of all the areas I have treated so far with anything, h202, salicylic acid, GA. I may try to swab an area where some bumps are to see what happens…. I thought I did that the first time… but the skin is smooth now.

The key with the GA seems to be to spread it on (or spray), spot application doesn’t seem to be worth much of anything. Arrow
eddie57

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I too found my way here in search of the natural cure for SK. I have recently had two grow on my face. Not sure why, but could be age, stress, diet, supplements, candida, not really sure.

I decided to start the "Apple Cider Treatment" since that seems the safest approach in my opinion. It is smelly, but not unbearable. This is my second day and the SK's have turned white so something seems to be going on.

I sure would like to hear from some of the originals that posted earlier this year and last year as well. I am interested to see how everyone is doing.

I will post my progress periodically for any interested parties.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions!

Eddie Very Happy
eddie57

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Just an update on my progress. I applied the ACV on my SK's for 3 days overnight and they shrank about 80-90% already. My co-workers commented that they were almost gone. only some redness in the area, but not too bad. No pain whatsoever. Ciao.
jackie79

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I have been lurking around here for a while now and thought I would let you know about my own ACV treatment on my dime-sized SK.

I've been doing the ACV treatment for 3 days now and am seeing progress. SK has turned white in some areas, and last night turned black on the bottom half and I'm hoping that means this section is about to scap over and die. Some little bits of the SK came off in the shower today. No big chunks, but it's definitely breaking up.

One of the frustrating things I found while researching SK treatments is that there isn't much in the way of pictures showing the day to day progress and results. So I'm taking pictures of my SK after each ACV treatment and posting them. If anybody is interested in following the progress, visit my blog: KillingMySK dot wordpress dot com

Being only 3 days in so far, I still have a ways to go, but I am seeing a difference already which is reassuring and motivates me to continue, as does reading all of your success stories!

I'll check back and update on my progress soon!

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie,

thanks for posting those pics. Mine is almost gone in less than a week. Only thing to note was that my skin around the SK was a bit red where the cotton ball with the ACV touched the surrounding skin. I am now just applying the ACV with a cue tip directly on the SK.

Thanks
Eddie
jackie79

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Somehow I feel like mine is going to take longer than a week, as I'm already on day 5 and although the SK has definitely been changing, not a lot of it has come off yet.

Almost all of the SK has turned black now, and my skin surrounding the area was irritated (not from the ACV, but from the adhesive on the bandaids I've been using to hold the cotton pad over the SK at night) so I gave it a break last night. Skin is still a bit red today, but definitely feeling better. I am wondering if I should just wait now and see if the crusty black bits continue to dry up and fall off over the next few days or keep up the ACV treatments each night until the whole thing is gone?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi jackie,

I would give your skin a break for a few days. I would just apply the ACV directly on the SK with a que tip every hour or so. You might try adding a teaspoon of ACV to a large glass of water and drinking it 2 to 3 times a week. I started doing that last week and it seems to have helped. Be sure to use organic apple cider vinegar. That's what I have been using. Give it time. The longer you've had it the longer it may take. Mine started growing around 4 to 5 months ago. Grew to a pretty good size, maybe 1/4 of an inch wide and pretty thick. Looked like a wart. Good luck and keep us posted.

I wished I had taken a picture of mine before and after. The change has been incredible.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
jackie79 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have been lurking around here for a while now and thought I would let you know about my own ACV treatment on my dime-sized SK.

I've been doing the ACV treatment for 3 days now and am seeing progress. SK has turned white in some areas, and last night turned black on the bottom half and I'm hoping that means this section is about to scap over and die. Some little bits of the SK came off in the shower today. No big chunks, but it's definitely breaking up.

One of the frustrating things I found while researching SK treatments is that there isn't much in the way of pictures showing the day to day progress and results. So I'm taking pictures of my SK after each ACV treatment and posting them. If anybody is interested in following the progress, visit my blog: KillingMySK dot wordpress dot com

Being only 3 days in so far, I still have a ways to go, but I am seeing a difference already which is reassuring and motivates me to continue, as does reading all of your success stories!

I'll check back and update on my progress soon!

Direct link to the pics:

http://killingmysk.wordpress.com/

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks bethany for posting the link, I wasn't allowed to post a link yet as I just joined.

I posted an updated photo this morning. Last night the scabby dried up part of my SK came off (ok ok, I may have "helped" it along by picking). I think I have some stragglers and another layer to burn through on the thicker spots, but it was just so encouraging to actually see some pink skin under there. I'm so pumped that this ACV treatment is actually doing something (kind of had to see it to believe it).

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
My smaller SK also came off today. was just rubbing my face and it fell off. wow. GO ACV!
jackie79

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
That's awesome Eddie! How does the skin underneath look? Do you think there will be a scar?

Jackie
danny dee

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Great topic. Thanks to all that posted.

One thing that I noticed is that some people are expecting very fast results. I had a SK sprayed with a freeze spray by a dermatologist. It was a little smaller than an eraser. It took 17 days for it to come off. A larger one took 21 days so any treatment I do myself that takes 3 weeks is reasonable to me.

Also, when glycolic acid is discussed it is useful to state the PH as well as the percent. Available products have can different PHs and that will effect results. I just started 30% glycolic acid with PH of 1.6 on SKs.
HiveQueen

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Im 41 with olive skin and I tried the peroxide with a redbrown bump on my cheek. Not sure if it was SK... it was there for 3 months growing darker. Looked like a mole but, I could feel hard and rough like a callus.
I had gently opened it with a needle making sure it wasnt some foreign nodule or white head. Id also used 50% glycolic acid. It would flake, look smooth then appear right back.Possibly the prep of glycolic weakened it?

I used the food grade peroxide April 1st.At first swabbed diluted then straight 35%! That burned but, not intolerable. It turned white and I applied again each day for 3 days. By April 19th it had scabbed fell off. April 23rd barely visible pigment loss on the healing area.By April 29th there was no sign of having been. I documented the stages with macro shots too. Im so pleased something simple finally worked for me!
dasher

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now and finally decided to try something on my SK's. For the last two weeks, I have rubbed an Exuviance 25% GA pad on top of my hands twice a week and left overnight with washing off. Yesterday, I used 12% h202 and dabbed one spot on one hand and left it to dry overnight. Did nothing to SK. Today, I used the 12% h202 on same spot about 6 times. Has done nothing to the SK but did temporarily turned the surrounding skin white even though I hadn't put the h202 there. Don't understand why that would have happened. I know the strength I'm using is low but I tend to have sensitive skin. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I should try next? Thank you!
shannabelle72

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using the essential oil frankincense. In just 2 days have noticed a hug difference in the appearance of my SK. Also I have started taking 2000 i.u. of D3. I have SK all over my legs and starting onto my arms. After years on basking in the sun I am pretty sure that all of that sun hasn't helped with these lesions. I'll keep you posted with my progress.
dasher

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Shannabelle72,

Can you tell me where you purchased the frankincense oil and the brand name? I'd like to try that. You said you've noticed a huge difference. How so? Lighter or smaller?
jackie79

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi gang, just thought I'd update you on my progress. The last tiny bits of my SK have scabbed over and I'm just waiting for them to finish drying up and fall off. I think I've killed it completely now! The most recent picture is posted at killingmysk dot wordpress dot com (sorry, I still can't post links here yet).

Here is a quick recap of my treatment:

Day 1 - swabbed SK with ACV
Days 2 to 4 - covered in ACV soaked cotton overnight, uncovered during day
Days 5 to 6 - left uncovered, swabbed occasionally with ACV
Day 8 - covered in ACV soaked cotton for an hour
Days 9 - 19 no treatment, letting my new skin heal, uncovered
Day 20 - one last overnight ACV treatment on the last bits of SK
Days 21 to 23 (today) - no treatment, final SK bits have scabbed and are drying out.

It's been 23 days since I started this, and it probably would have been faster had I not gone on vacation and stopped treatment during that time, but I couldn't be happier with my results. Even though the new skin is very pink, I'm confident it will fade with time. Even if it doesn't, it looks a lot better!

Jackie
bobbiesgirl54

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi there - Looking for some help here!!

I have huge number of SK's, probably about 150!
varying sizes, from say 1mm to 8mm. Some been there for years and I've not known what to do with them. Recently started trying 30% glycolic - didn't help much but then some are pretty thick n crusty! Moved onto hydrogen peroxide 35%, spot application and I got all the white frothy bit, then pinkish, but after that they then go dark and hard again, although the smallest ones do seem to be a bit scabby, but they really don't look like they're gonna come off. I've used a metal foot file to roughen the surface first a bit. Just wondering if I'm doing it often enough and should I bathe and roughen again every day although they get pretty sore if I attack them too often. Really fed-up with them, I'm making so little progress. Any suggestions PLEASE!!
jackie79

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi bobbiesgirl54. How often are you doing the H2O2 treatment and how long have you been at it? I'm not sure how long that is supposed to take before the SK comes off... I think one to two weeks is not uncommon with daily treatment, but some folks on this forum have had faster results.

I don't think you need to roughen every time, just at the start of treatment.

I used an Apple Cider Vinegar treatment (see previous posts in this tread) after reading about some folks who didn't have great success with H2O2 and it worked for me. I found that doing an overnight treatment was much better than just swabbing the SK as it left plenty of time for the ACV to fully penetrate the SK.

Good luck and hope you find something that works for you!

Jackie

bobbiesgirl54 wrote:
Hi there - Looking for some help here!!

I have huge number of SK's, probably about 150!
varying sizes, from say 1mm to 8mm. Some been there for years and I've not known what to do with them. Recently started trying 30% glycolic - didn't help much but then some are pretty thick n crusty! Moved onto hydrogen peroxide 35%, spot application and I got all the white frothy bit, then pinkish, but after that they then go dark and hard again, although the smallest ones do seem to be a bit scabby, but they really don't look like they're gonna come off. I've used a metal foot file to roughen the surface first a bit. Just wondering if I'm doing it often enough and should I bathe and roughen again every day although they get pretty sore if I attack them too often. Really fed-up with them, I'm making so little progress. Any suggestions PLEASE!!
bobbiesgirl54

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie, have been doing the H.P. for few weeks now but not applying every day 'cos I wasn't sure about going over the top with it. The older of the SK's are a good bit flatter but now they just seem to be like flat discs of semi rough dark brown skin that have no edge whatsoever that you could imagine being able to lift, if you know what I mean! I'll think about giving the cider apple vinegar a try, I have some organic stuff that I was trying out for some digestive trouble. So I could easily give that a try.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway. Will keep trying!!
corrjck

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have been reading all this information about home remedies for SK and am ready to purchase some 35% hydrogen peroxide, but can't find any really recent posts. Can anyone who has recently tried this, let me know how it worked.

I have SK on my back and would love to find a home remedy since it is something I deal with on an ongoing basis.

Thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
corrjck wrote:
Hi,
I have been reading all this information about home remedies for SK and am ready to purchase some 35% hydrogen peroxide, but can't find any really recent posts. Can anyone who has recently tried this, let me know how it worked.

I have SK on my back and would love to find a home remedy since it is something I deal with on an ongoing basis.

Thanks Smile

I used the 35%HP. It was a total success. It took a little time, but I saw improvement quickly, and the SK's were completely gone within a couple of weeks. You cannot even tell they were ever there!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me what process you used, like how to apply and how often? Also, I can't seem to find the H202 strength 35% here locally, did you purchase yours on line? If so, what website did you use?

Lots of questions huh? But I am anxious to get started as I seem to be getting more of these things as I get older.

Thanks so much, Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi corrjck - I get my 35% food-grade hydrogen peroxide from a health food store. I live in Canada but I'm sure the health food stores wherever you are will carry it. Many times they keep it in the back room (to prevent people from opening it, I guess). If you can't find it on the shelf, ask someone. People who sprout grains, etc. use it as well so you should be able to find a supplier. Good luck! Bess
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |