Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Thanks for the pic! I have noticed some of these showing up on my thighs, and I had attributed it to sunbathing as a teen.

While I do have a PMD, I do have a handy rotating pumice stone on my Emjoi foot sander, and I bet that will work just as well. And I will definitely be following your dilution recommendation, because I tried it full strength in the past and it was unbearable!

How are you applying the peroxide?

Bethany,

I think a pumice stone would work great! Manual exfoliation seems to help the process, at least from my limited experience... Basically, I put on the mixture by covering my hands with some vinyl gloves (left over from doing henna on my hair) and a dish cloth. Then I just sort of scrub the area up and down (the cloth is saturated but not dripping).

This is all just my own glorified experiment, so I might in future consider upping the percentage of H2O2 or maybe doing the 17.5% twice a week with no microderm... will just have to see how my skin responds.

It's difficult to admit just how much of my torso (front and back) is peppered with these sk's. My task is to make this a manageable process and not be gung ho, like I was on my face... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks...I'll give it a shot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yowza....I used my Emjoi motorized pumice, and then applied the HP/H2O mixture. I used more like 75% HP, 25% H2O which I will NOT be doing again because my legs are on FIRE! Interestingly, the SKs immediately became red, but then my entire thigh frosted over and will not quit burning. Embarassed Shock Embarassed Shock

I will be cutting back to the 1:1 mixture in the future as Luminosity recommended because the pain is NOT worth it! Basically, this eats the top layer of all your flesh off...it doesn't just focus on the SKs.

Sheesh...I probably could have just used Retin A and skipped the pain. (Can you tell I am still typing to try and distract myself from the agony?)

I think I need a drink!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Whew! The burning is finally over.

Note to self: do not burn flesh right before bed, because pain is not conducive to sleep!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
So i decided to retry the same mixture I tried last night, and it still burned like CRAZY! I will definitely be more conservative going forward because this is just too painful to endure!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a qtip and putting 30% GA on full strength and leaving it. I don't get any burning or other sensations. I am doing this one SK every day for 4 days. Nothing yet. Ideas?
Francine301

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have these all over my torso. I wonder if a loofah would work and then apply GA. I went in and used my pumus stone and applied GA and finally got some burning.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Francine301 wrote:
I'm using a qtip and putting 30% GA on full strength and leaving it. I don't get any burning or other sensations. I am doing this one SK every day for 4 days. Nothing yet. Ideas?

Hi Francine, I don't have any SK but some people are using some kind of manual exfoliation on the spots before they put on the product. It helps to break up the surface of the spot so whatever you are using can go deeper. Some of the things that are being used are needles, pumic stone, fingernails.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Should I use the neutralizer solution that comes with the GA or just leave it on? I have just been leaving it on. Thanks.
Jam
5% products discount

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone....I am still here just been busy...as all of you...
I have lots here to catch up on and I'm excited to do so....
My SK's ....after about 4 ACV treatments: the smaller ones are all gone....but the bigger uglier crustier clusters of SK's are still there...they have been weakened but are still 'connected' but may loosen if I use a stronger technique...I may need to invest in the H2O2 30%....
Also I cannot bear to sleep in the ACV shirt again because of the bedding issue...so I LOVE the post by Luminosity....!
Thank You to all who suffer like me!! We will 'smooth out' for sure!! Love You!! JAM
Francine301

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone has tried TCA? It's a stronger acid that GA. I'm just not seeing any results after using the GA for a few days.
Francine301

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I guess I should ask...how long after using the GA and leaving it on, have most people seen results? Am I being too impatient?
Francine301

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Help. I'm putting GA on and leaving it. I've been doing this for a couple of weeks every other day or so. I don't feel any stinging and I don't see anything happening. Anyone else like this? Suggestions?
wildmarie

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Glad I found this forum. I am going to try the simplest first - the ACV, then will try Hydrogen peroxide next. I have also heard dermatologists say that nothing can be done, but then I thought if most caucasian people get this, what the heck are movie stars, etc, doing about it? Would love to know. Mine is hereditary, got it from my mom. I am now 61 and this is the first time I have tried anything besides getting them sliced and burnt off. Hope this works!
Jam
5% products discount

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick drive by wave~~~

Wanted to checkin and say that I have not yet obtained the H2O2 and still plan to...looking forward to Luminosity's updates...the best idea I have heard and cannot wait to try after Christmas.
Me? I've been dabbing the ACVinegar onto the larger SKs after I shower and before bed....this is slow but I've noticed they are flatter and appear to be shrinking. I cannot bear to sleep in the soaked shirt again and do not have the hrs in the day right now to wear at home....so for now the dabbing is better than nothing right?
Hope everyone is progressing well! JAM
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Yowza....I used my Emjoi motorized pumice, and then applied the HP/H2O mixture. I used more like 75% HP, 25% H2O which I will NOT be doing again because my legs are on FIRE! Interestingly, the SKs immediately became red, but then my entire thigh frosted over and will not quit burning. Embarassed Shock Embarassed Shock

I will be cutting back to the 1:1 mixture in the future as Luminosity recommended because the pain is NOT worth it! Basically, this eats the top layer of all your flesh off...it doesn't just focus on the SKs.

Sheesh...I probably could have just used Retin A and skipped the pain. (Can you tell I am still typing to try and distract myself from the agony?)

I think I need a drink!

So now that I am using the diluted HP mixture as Luminosity recommended, I am still feeling some burning but it is much more tolerable.

I am seeing the few raised areas I had flake off, and there is no need to sleep in anything wet or smell like vinegar. I can definitely continue with this as needed.

Thanks again to Luminosity for the recommendation!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Bethany I forgot to comment on your post...it totaly cracked me up and brought tears to my eyes thinking about it....but thanks for your experiments...it seems to be how we are all learning....you definitely 'took one for the team'!! You deserve that drink you needed....make it a double!!
I am still hunting for the H2O2....most likely I will need to order it on line....is that how you obtained yours?
Glad you are getting such positive results!! Wink
JAM
arthur256

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to Forum, and plan to use H2O2 in the near future. I am in UK, caucasian male, 60, with thick uneven SK in large patch on my scalp, about 5cm x 8cm, and small patches the other side. GP said it is benign and not treatable unless paying. Also I was referred to hospital dermatologist in summer 2011 because of excessive itching, same response. Noticed first about six years ago, gradually spread since. H2O2 35% food grade is easily obtained online in UK.

None on other parts of body (yet). Will be having it applied by wife using probably about 25% strength, though will experiment a bit. Vaseline will be used to protect other skin. Main concern is to protect eyes and skin which is not affected. Haven't ruled out cider vinegar, as a possible second way of attack.

Will post when treatment under way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Jam wrote:
Bethany I forgot to comment on your post...it totaly cracked me up and brought tears to my eyes thinking about it....but thanks for your experiments...it seems to be how we are all learning....you definitely 'took one for the team'!! You deserve that drink you needed....make it a double!!
I am still hunting for the H2O2....most likely I will need to order it on line....is that how you obtained yours?
Glad you are getting such positive results!! Wink
JAM

Hi there! I did order mine online...I'll check the bottle and see if it has a link for where I got it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:56 am      Reply with quote
arthur256 wrote:
Hi, I am new to Forum, and plan to use H2O2 in the near future. I am in UK, caucasian male, 60, with thick uneven SK in large patch on my scalp, about 5cm x 8cm, and small patches the other side. GP said it is benign and not treatable unless paying. Also I was referred to hospital dermatologist in summer 2011 because of excessive itching, same response. Noticed first about six years ago, gradually spread since. H2O2 35% food grade is easily obtained online in UK.

None on other parts of body (yet). Will be having it applied by wife using probably about 25% strength, though will experiment a bit. Vaseline will be used to protect other skin. Main concern is to protect eyes and skin which is not affected. Haven't ruled out cider vinegar, as a possible second way of attack.

Will post when treatment under way.

Good luck..keep us posted!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a 53 year old female, I have had these bumps for a long time, I was at MD Anderson in Houston Texas, and a doctor told me what my skin problem was, but has no cure, he said. I googled it and found this forumn, I have ordered the H202 and will be trying it on my legs first, Wish me luck.
Liverpoolboxingbaby

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am so pleased to have found this forum. I have many, many SK and they have suddenly started to multiply much more rapidly. I have been quite depressed about this as I am reluctant to wear clothes that show my shoulders in the summer. I have read with interest the strategies people are using to remove these nasty lesions, and have ordered some 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to attempt to have a go myself. I will let you know how I get on, I am sincerely hoping this will work. Why are dermatologists so blase about this distressing condition?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Hey everyone! I'm very pale, 26 years old, and have had SKs since I can remember. I've been told that I can't have been born with them, but I might as well have been because they have just always been there. So, according to the internet I'm the youngest ever to have this problem. Yay for me! I have also been told that nothing can be done about them. I HATE them.

I am so happy to have found this forum! I started with applying 35% food grade H2O2 last night with a q-tip. That worked pretty well and didn't burn nearly as much as I thought it would. It must differ quite a bit from person to person.

The first time I applied it, I got a few white spots like others have described, but not much. The burning became almost unnoticeable after about 20 minutes and when I checked a couple hours later they were pretty much back to normal. So, I applied it again (3 times in total over the course of 1 night).

This morning they seem to have a thin film of drier skin on top, so I'm happy to see that something is going on. When I reapplied the H2O2, there were A LOT more white spots coming up compared to the first time. They seem to multiply every time. I wonder if the H2O2 is opening up the skin a bit with each application, making each new application able to penetrate more skin?

Anyways, I'm planning to attack them as often as I can, but I hope I'm not being to aggressive. I just want a reaction out of them! I will post updates if anyone is interested. Thanks for posting these treatments! Finger crossed they work.
TofuTiff

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Started the H2o2 on Sunday, it is now Thursday and of 3 spots, 2 are gone completely (just small scabs now) and one (the biggest and oldest) is making very noticeable progress. I think that it could be totally gone by next week. The skin underneath seems untouched!
Spotty77

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I spot tested with h2o2 this summer and it worked well. I decided I would try the spray bottle technique (I have several on my chest, neck and back) I've had a strange reaction with it. Besides the burning, I get bubbles/blisters in areas where I don't have any SK. Has anyone else had this? They do go away rather quick because I take a shower immediately after to stop the burning. I also have to admit I have not lasted more than 10 minutes. Should I dilute it? I did not have these issues with the 2 spots I treated.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |