Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TofuTiff

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I get burning on normal skin too if enough H2O2 gets on it. I would recommend using a q-tip or something like that to be as precise as possible.

It will also hurt a lot less if you don't get healthy skin involved. I've been using 35% without any major pain, but others have had success with diluting to half that strength.

I would try applying it to the spots while protecting normal skin first and see how it feels.
Spotty77

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'll try that. I'm not sure how I will get the ones on my back but if all goes well in the other areas, I'll figure it out. One question, do you use it every day or every other day?
TofuTiff

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, that might be difficult! Maybe someone else could help, or if you're able to apply vaseline around those ones (on the healthy skin) you may be able to apply the H2O2 a bit more haphazardly.

I've been applying it as often as I feel comfortable depending on the spot. For example, I applied it 3 times on the first day and that was all the newest one needed - I didn't apply it there again and the SK is gone. The oldest, biggest one I've been applying it morning and evening because that one has never started looking angry.

I think that you could apply it as little or as often as you feel is ok, but I have been trying to avoid letting any affected skin heal too much, because I don't want to be starting from scratch! If you get any blood scabbing, I would stop and let it heal (you may be getting health skin at that point).
Tactic

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I have stucco keratosis which is hundreds of little skin-colored "stickums" all over ankles and top of feet. Some also on lower arms and hands. Trouble is that besides being unsightly, they itch like crazy, so you have to scratch or continually apply itching medication. I am 67, so they must come with age, but I am determined to find other people who have this and might have a solution.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to report I tried the hydrogen peroxide 35% solution for over a month and saw no results other than painful burns. Darn! I have no doubt it's worked for some people, but it didn't for me.

I'm going to try the castor oil and baking soda scrub next. If it works, I'll report back.

Oh, and I may try the ACV treatment in conjunction with the castor oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Tactic wrote:
I have stucco keratosis which is hundreds of little skin-colored "stickums" all over ankles and top of feet. Some also on lower arms and hands. Trouble is that besides being unsightly, they itch like crazy, so you have to scratch or continually apply itching medication. I am 67, so they must come with age, but I am determined to find other people who have this and might have a solution.

are you sure they are SK and not warts? as warts are skin colored but SK is pigmented i think ...
Liverpoolboxingbaby

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
After a rather random regime of applying Hydrogen peroxide 35% directly to the largest thickest lesions, I am pleased to note that many of them have considerably reduced or fallen off altogether. It takes a long time but is well worth persevering. I`m not too sure what to do about the smaller,newer spots or the best way of prevention. Any tips friends?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding that they're much easier to get rid if if you get them while they are just appearing. I've removed some months old ones in just a couple of applications of H2O2. So, I would say to get them asap (since the older ones take much longer) as long as you can be sure that they are SKs.
Bad Skin

Sun May 19, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have recently been diagnosed with SK. They showed up overnight on my armpits. (about 10 spots under each arm). About a month ago, my doctor did cryosurgery in his office. They eventually went away, then as quick as they were gone they reappeared. This time a lot more and extremely painful. I have an appointment to go back to the doctor, but I am wondering if I was misdiagnosed. Has anyone ever had SK on their armpits? Nothing I read mentions this location. Also is it normal for them to come back after cryosurgery? Thanks for any advise.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am a 43 year old female. My mother started having Seb-K's appear in her 30's and by her 40's they covered her back. I recently had 56 small flesh toned ones removed at the dermatologists office from my legs which left light brown flat scars.

I had them removed because when I used self-tanner, they would grab the color and turn darker. The scars I have now are worse, so I should have left them.

I recently found a few new ones on my arms and face. I am lucky they are the same color of my skin, but raised and annoying, especially the ones on my face.

Anyway, I read about ACV treatment on here which I honestly didn't think would work. I tried it on my arm about 10 days ago on a seb k smaller than a pencil eraser. I applied ACV directly to the seb k and applied extra ACV to a band aid and slept in it for a week. It's almost gone! It has shrunk to about 1/16 of what it was, and is nearly gone. The ACV smells like really strong salad dressing, but since it works, I will continue on to other areas.

I bought the Bragg unfiltered ACV. It barely stung a few days after I applied it but nothing I couldn't deal with. The smell is worse than the stinging-for sure.

I think this may only work on new, smaller SK's, I've read it had no effect on larger ones. However, I highly recommend this treatment for anyone with small ones. Also, if it doesn't work, a bottle of this is only around $4.99, so it won't break the bank if it doesn't work-still worth a try I'd say.
intuitive 01

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I saw the above suggetion of using Hydrogen Poroxide and wanted to see how you were doing with the SK?
I am thinking about doing this because the doctor that I went to said that it is uncurable and he burnt the larger one with the freazer gun, another doctor said that it was nothing. However it seems to be getting bigger and worse, I have actually have dicovered others small ones on my face and i think I may have one on my knee, which at the beginning I thought was a my skins response to a scar. None of the doctors actually checked my body beyond the one SK that i mentioned however I think I am joining the dots with the little reseach that I have been doing on the net.

I was thinking about going to the doctor to get see the extent of these on my face as I feel like there are many small ones howvere not sure if they are or not SK. And know really just want to put the poroxide all over my face.

I also wanted to ask where do you get the pH Balance cream from and what does it contain - that it should be used. In regards to the peroxide must it be 35% food grade or could it be hairdressing peroxide?
beerninja

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know a place that sells 35% H2O2 in north county san diego? I found a link on some site that showed a store downtown but it's pretty far from me. Or can anyone post or PM me a reliable place to buy it online?

thanks for this awesome thread. I'm hoping to burn the hell out of my self with H2O2 until the SK falls off of my forehead. Laughing
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
beerninja wrote:
Does anyone know a place that sells 35% H2O2 in north county san diego? I found a link on some site that showed a store downtown but it's pretty far from me. Or can anyone post or PM me a reliable place to buy it online?

thanks for this awesome thread. I'm hoping to burn the hell out of my self with H2O2 until the SK falls off of my forehead. Laughing

Did you call Whole Foods? They might have it.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Howdy! I just wanted to report in that I've tried 35% H2O2 on some old cystic acne "bumps" (more like mountains, if you ask me) and that these huge bumps are getting ever smaller! Prior to tonight, I've treated my back 4 times. Yesterday, I had my DH spot treat my back with our microdermabrasion machine and then applied the H2O2. It hurt like hell, but I got even more frosting, so we'll see what happens in a couple of days.

I'm about to spot treat my DH for his SK's. He has them ALL OVER, but I will be treating two specific ones. He has a really thick SK on his upper thigh that will be one victim. I'll then pick a thinner one to treat. I'll take some before and after photos, too!

We're both really excited about reading all the success people have found with H2O2!!!
Sportynic

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi All

I too have recently been diagnosed with SK and although a lot of the lesions are very small, they are spreading like wild fire. Each day I seem to wake up to more.

Like a lot of you mention, dermatologists/ doctors dont seem that interested. Looking at the pictures of what they can turn into is quite frightening.

I am currently looking at trying a number of methods for treament. ACV applied nightly to a small patch (i tried doing a body wrap with it once and burnt my skin - and still have a scar).

I also have 2 different creams my dermatologist has prescribed - Calmurid and Retrieve.

I am also looking into GCA treaments and found a body wash and cream forumlated by a dermatologist in the USA ( brand Glytone by Cynthia Bailey

Lastly, I just found a cream that has been tested in trials in Israel and has been successful in treating 96.7% of people
(although trial group was only 60 people). The cream is BL 5010 and it is hoped that it may reach the market at the end of this year.

so in summary, treatment plan is to treat various lesions with the below:

1. ACV apllied daily to some lesions
2. Calmurid cream which is to be applied 2 to 3 times daily
3. ReTrieve cream to be applied every 3 days
4. Try to get hold o Glytone products ( I'm based in australia and the products seem to be in USA...to get posted here is quite expensive when i enquired).

I also have an appointment booked to look into IPL treatment and GCA body peels carried out professionally.

5. Keep an eye out on the progress of cream BL 5010.

6. I plan to see a naturopath and see if there is anything they can recommend as dermatologists/doctors dont seem that concerned in finding a cure. From my reading it seems that the condition is related to the ageing of cells - although I am only 36 years old! I do eat quite healthily but have a sweet tooth and have recently learned that sugar is extremely bad in the ageing progress.

7. Lastly I did read that vitamin d3 both orally and cream based may be helpful.

topical d3 creams i have found include tacalcitol, calcipotriol or maxacalcitol.

8. I realise there are also treatments available such as laser, surgical removal, liquid nitrogen shave biopsy, advanced electrolysis but I'm of the impression that this would only be useful in treating larger lesions...not hundreds of pin sized to quite small lesions that I currently have.

Apologise for the long post, it's also to help me kep track of treatment and my findings.

Comments from people who have tried such treatments would be very welcome.

Best wishes to you all...i hope we find a way to put this one to rest. If it appears so quickly, surely we can send it packing if we find the right treatment!
suwright

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the glytone, per the dermatologist and it didn't work for me. Laser treatments, it lightened the skin but didn't remove them. Also tried the ACV and again, no luck. I hope there will be a miracle product soon.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sportynic wrote:
Hi All

I too have recently been diagnosed with SK and although a lot of the lesions are very small, they are spreading like wild fire. Each day I seem to wake up to more.

Like a lot of you mention, dermatologists/ doctors dont seem that interested. Looking at the pictures of what they can turn into is quite frightening.

I am currently looking at trying a number of methods for treament. ACV applied nightly to a small patch (i tried doing a body wrap with it once and burnt my skin - and still have a scar).

I also have 2 different creams my dermatologist has prescribed - Calmurid and Retrieve.

I am also looking into GCA treaments and found a body wash and cream forumlated by a dermatologist in the USA ( brand Glytone by Cynthia Bailey

Lastly, I just found a cream that has been tested in trials in Israel and has been successful in treating 96.7% of people
(although trial group was only 60 people). The cream is BL 5010 and it is hoped that it may reach the market at the end of this year.

4. Try to get hold o Glytone products ( I'm based in australia and the products seem to be in USA...to get posted here is quite expensive when i enquired).

I hope you find a treatment for these, I also have lots of small ones like you, too numerous to treat by laser which as of now is the only thing I found to get rid of them. You're right, doctors just shake their heads and say nothing can be done. I was told they are hereditary and one of my sisters has them too.

I also have them on my legs and legs take a long time to heal from laser. The few I tried laser on took 6 months for the post hyper pigmentation to go away.
I also tried IPL but it only gets rid of sunspots/freckles, it does nothing for SK's. The glycolic, vinegar methods work good in flattening them but they start coming back when you stop. I've heard good things about D3 and also Cimetidine. I'm going to look into the B 5010, I've never heard of that, maybe it will be the one to work, thank you for mentioning it. If you have any more information on it, please share it with us!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sportynic wrote:
Hi All

I hope you find a treatment for these, I also have lots of small ones like you, too numerous to treat by laser which as of now is the only thing I found to get rid of them. I also have them on my legs and legs take a long time to heal from laser. I tried laser on a few on my legs and it took 6 months for the post hyper pigmentation to go away.
I also tried IPL but it only gets rid of sunspots/freckles, it does nothing for SK's. The gycolic products, vinegar methods work good in flattening them but they start coming back when you stop. I've heard good things about D3 and also Cimetidine. I'm going to look into the B 5010, I've never heard of that, maybe it will be the one to work! Thank you for mentioning it. If you have any more information on it, please send it along.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lady Jean

I tried to post a link on my previous post re the BL 5010 cream that is currently being tested. As I'm new to the site, I was unable to post the link.

I've copied and pasted the info from there web site below. Fancy a break in to try and get hold of some and test phase it ourselves? Smile

Also, there is something else that you may want to try for small lesions. I had it done once on a small lesion but probably need to try it on a few as its now hard to know which one was treated. The procedure was advanced electrolysis. if you google it in connection to skin lesions you should be able to find some info. otherwise pm me and I can send you a link.

BL 5010
Indication: Benign skin lesions
Mode of Action: Mummification and preservation of the lesions
Stage of development: Commence a CE-Mark registration clinical trial
Patent status: International Patent Application covers the BL-5010P applicator, 20-year expiration in 2033.

BL-5010 Overview

BL-5010 is a novel aqueous formulation composed of approved components for the non-surgical removal of benign and pre-cancerous skin lesions, such as seborrheic keratosis (SK) and actinic keratosis (AK). BL-5010 offers an alternative to painful, invasive and expensive removal treatments including surgery, cryotherapy or laser treatment. Because the treatment is non-invasive, it poses minimal infection risk and eliminates the need for anesthesia or bandaging. The formulation is applied topically to the lesion for a few seconds and causes the lesion to gradually dry out and fall off within one to four weeks. BL-5010P is a disposable, non-invasive, pen-like applicator containing the BL-5010 solution which aims to increase the safety and accuracy of the treatment. Both BL-5010 and BL-5010P have received confirmation in Europe for the regulatory pathway classification as a Class IIa medical device.

BioLineRx has received approval from the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM) and the Ethical Committee in Germany to commence a pivotal, CE Mark registration trial for BL-5010P.,The pivotal multi-center study is a single-arm, open-label, bridging study of BL-5010P. This study will aim to re-confirm the efficacy, safety and tolerability observed in the earlier clinical study using the BL-5010P applicator in patients with SK. BioLineRx expects to enroll up to 20 patients at up to three leading sites in Germany. The primary study endpoint is the complete lesion removal rate at Days 30, 90 and 180 after treatment. Secondary objectives include safety and tolerability, assessment of cosmetic outcomes by both patients and investigators, and the ability to preserve the treated SK lesions for histopathological diagnosis, which is a key differentiator for BL-5010P. The pivotal study will be performed using the final product, known as BL-5010P, which comprises both the novel formulation and the unique, state-of-the-art applicator.

BL-5010 Clinical Data

A Phase 1/2 pilot study, performed on 60 patients with SK, demonstrated that a single, topical application of BL-5010 was effective in 96.7% of cases for removal of the target lesion within 30 days. In addition, the treatment was well-tolerated and no persistent irreversible adverse effects were observed at the treated site. Furthermore, cosmetic outcomes were highly rated by both patients and investigators.

BL-5010 was invented by Prof. Pinchas Burstein and is being developed by BioLineRx Ltd. under a worldwide exclusive license from Innovative Pharmaceutical Concepts, Ltd.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:51 am      Reply with quote

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Wishing Well. Any research or info on this subject is welcome. I had the same thought about a break in! I wonder if any local dermatologists have heard about it.
I will google advanced electrolysis and see what I find. I have tried just about everything for them so any new methods are welcome.
I have a lot of small flat SK's, not the big ones like you usually see in the pictures.
Also, I've been using ultrasound on my legs and I don't know if it's my imagination but the SK's seem to be getting fainter in color.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:

Thank you Wishing Well. Any research or info on this subject is welcome. I had the same thought about a break in! I wonder if any local dermatologists have heard about it.
I will google advanced electrolysis and see what I find. I have tried just about everything for them so I'm eager to hear about any new methods..
I have a lot of small flat SK's, not the big ones like you usually see in the pictures. Too many for any of the conventional treatments.
Also, I've been using ultrasound on my legs and I don't know if it's my imagination but the SK's seem to be getting fainter in color.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I finally got some TCA peel from "makeup artist choice" - 30% TCA. I used a tiny paint brush from the craft store to carefully touch only the SK. All SK's frosted after two little dots of the acid. I had tried the 35% hydrogen peroxide, which hurt a lot and caused redness, but no frosting. This burns the same, but is immediately stopped with neutralization, and seems to be more effective.

I had also tried the cider vinegar and glycolic acid, but they didn't do anything either. Salicylic acid wart remover actually removed one that was close to my eye. It was good b/c the wart remover gelled up and did not run. It was quite large and very ugly and it scabbed up and just fell off. The wart remover didn't work for my body though.

I think the TCA is going to do it for me. I am very excited! People use these peels on their whole face and body, but you must be very careful b/c you can disfigure yourself. You are supposed to work up to the higher percentage acid, but since I was just doing the dots on my neck and body, I figured I would go for it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
krisanna wrote:
I finally got some TCA peel from "makeup artist choice" - 30% TCA. I used a tiny paint brush from the craft store to carefully touch only the SK. All SK's frosted after two little dots of the acid. I had tried the 35% hydrogen peroxide, which hurt a lot and caused redness, but no frosting. This burns the same, but is immediately stopped with neutralization, and seems to be more effective.

I had also tried the cider vinegar and glycolic acid, but they didn't do anything either. Salicylic acid wart remover actually removed one that was close to my eye. It was good b/c the wart remover gelled up and did not run. It was quite large and very ugly and it scabbed up and just fell off. The wart remover didn't work for my body though.

I think the TCA is going to do it for me. I am very excited! People use these peels on their whole face and body, but you must be very careful b/c you can disfigure yourself. You are supposed to work up to the higher percentage acid, but since I was just doing the dots on my neck and body, I figured I would go for it.

I was told that the SK's will come back if you don't destroy them completely. I don't know how far down you would have to go with the TCA in order to destroy them. Please let us know your progress and what you find out.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum and hail from the UK.

I have been to the dermatologist and he has given me a trial of Solaraze cream. Apparently, this can work for early seborrheic keratosis and not just solar keratosis.

In addition, Aclaris has a product in Phase 2 trial on your side of the pond. It looks promising and I wondered whether anyone knew anything about it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |