Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tilliebug and welcome Smile
I have used 35% food grade hydrogen peroxixde straight onto the SK and not covered it. It will dry and turn a frosty white very soon after application, then you know it's dry. I've done this a few days in a row, then left it for a week or two to see how it has reacted/improved. If need be I'll repeat the process for a few days again and review. HTH you.
tilliebug

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I have used 35% food grade hydrogen peroxixde straight onto the SK and not covered it. It will dry and turn a frosty white very soon after application, then you know it's dry. I've done this a few days in a row, then left it for a week or two to see how it has reacted/improved. If need be I'll repeat the process for a few days again and review. HTH you.

Mishey, thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to try this. How long has it been since you started using the hydrogen peroxide?
trnrmom

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
tilliebug wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Mishey, thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to try this. How long has it been since you started using the hydrogen peroxide?

i'm a 69 yr. old female and noticed many sk on my back and a few on my arms. i read many of the postings here and did a lot of research and started out by applying apple cider vinegar…applying it (and with the help of my hubby) several times a day with a small brush…then i started reading how glycolic acid helped others so i ordered 30% glycolic acid from amazon. as soon as i received it, i applied it…boy, does it burn/sting but i used it twice a day for about 4 days; some of mine were thick and hardened but i would say that the glycolic acid did the trick. the thin sk are gone and some of the scabs have come off while some are still there. i have 1 stubborn sk and i apply it every other day as the skin around the sk gets irritated but for me, glycolic acid is the way to go. the areas around the sk are a bit red but i'll settle for the discoloration if the sk are gone.
Sirena

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm new here and very glad to have found this forum. I'm a middle aged woman with lots of SK spots all over my torso and I'm extremely conscious about this issue. Could someone tell me what amount of hydrogen peroxide to add to the water of a regular size bathtub?
Thanks.
dottyrn

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Found this wonderful forum last summer after my MD told me I just have to live with the sks all over my back and trunk because I had too many to burn off without damaging the surrounding skin. I used the t shirt and trash bag acv treatment for about a month over the summer and saw definite improvement in the lighter sks, but the dark crusty ones stayed put. Couldn't find a source that would mail 35% H2O2 and 12% seemed to help only a little, however did get 50% glycolic acid (face peel) from Amazon and that is really helping with the dark thick ones. I used a q tip to dab it on once or twice a day, after a week definite changes, took a break and use Lac Hydrin creeam to soften then further. Some of peel off (with help) and while skin is a little pink right now certainly better than before. Thank you all for doing research on this icky condition.
Maggiebiz

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello - I have just found this great forum - I have had some SKs on my back and abdomen for a few years and have had some success with ACV. However I now seem to be getting them on my scalp so I wondered if anyone has had any good results with any treatments in that area? Thank you.
francesca14

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I had a lot of pin dot sized seborrheic keratoses on my breasts and stomach. I had them lasered off 3 days ago. I have many more pin dot (some are pin head) sized seborrheic keratoses on my back, face, neck, legs and arms. Most are not visible unless you look at them closely. I will be trying the ACV treatment once my lasered breasts/stomach have healed.

I am a 44 year old female and seem to be getting these tiny seborrheic keratoses each day. I even found new ones on my stomach and breast the day after the laser treatment. I have been under extreme anxiety and stress lately. And I have also been dieting. So maybe dieting, anxiety and stress have caused my low/poor immune system that is why I have been developing these SKs lately.

Anyway I will be posting the outcome of my laser treatment later and the start of my ACV treatment.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi francesca14,

What kind of diet you are doing right now?

I start getting those if i load myself with animal protein.

I know it sounds not fair. Protein based diets are the most effective for weight loss.

It definitely worth trying. Especially if you see new once every day.

Good luck

francesca14 wrote:
Hi All,

I had a lot of pin dot sized seborrheic keratoses on my breasts and stomach. I had them lasered off 3 days ago. I have many more pin dot (some are pin head) sized seborrheic keratoses on my back, face, neck, legs and arms. Most are not visible unless you look at them closely. I will be trying the ACV treatment once my lasered breasts/stomach have healed.

I am a 44 year old female and seem to be getting these tiny seborrheic keratoses each day. I even found new ones on my stomach and breast the day after the laser treatment. I have been under extreme anxiety and stress lately. And I have also been dieting. So maybe dieting, anxiety and stress have caused my low/poor immune system that is why I have been developing these SKs lately.

Anyway I will be posting the outcome of my laser treatment later and the start of my ACV treatment.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi YB

Thanks for the reply.

I mainly eat chicken, beef and veggies. I think you are right. I started noticing these tiny SKs when I started my current diet. Do you think extreme anxiety and stress have contributed to their growth also?

I am quite nervous as I still get them everyday even though they are only pin dot sized. Is this still normal?
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, stress contributes to everything (except happiness and well-being Smile).

Try to replace chicken and beef for fish and beans. Double or triple your consumption of veggies and greens.

Add nuts, seeds and other types of healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil.

Recently i switched to multivitamin/mineral formula from Dr. Wallach and i’ve noticed my cravings for potato chips are completely gone.
Which is amazing, because i had to force myself not to eat it for lunch and dinner. I know supplements are very controversial subject, but i wanted to share my experience.

If anxiety is the problem - cut on coffee. Find herbal tea you like and drink it during the day. Apple cinnamon makes me happy instantly.

Mint and chamomile both very calming.

I am 47. Today i eat meets not more than once a week. Every time i increase the dose - i start getting SKs near my armpits. That’s a signal for me to cut back.

Try it. May be it will help you too. At least they will stop growing so rapidly.

francesca14 wrote:
Hi YB

Thanks for the reply.

I mainly eat chicken, beef and veggies. I think you are right. I started noticing these tiny SKs when I started my current diet. Do you think extreme anxiety and stress have contributed to their growth also?

I am quite nervous as I still get them everyday even though they are only pin dot sized. Is this still normal?

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try Laughing
francesca14

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the helpful tips YB.

Speaking of multivitamins, my husband and I used to take GNC multivitamins for years. And we stopped taking them for three months now (silly us!). And since then I noticed the rapid increase of these SKs. I just checked my husband and even he has a lot of new SKs that I haven't seen before. So it could also be the lack of multivitamins and the food we eat that caused these SKs.
francesca14

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi coeywong 88

Do you have a lot of SKs too?
cimartin11

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Just found this forum and hope to find alternative to other than laser. I have removed sk before only to return.

I have extremely dark large wartish looking sk on both sides of my face. I started to use curad silver gel. They have have started to diminish. No peeling or scabs, they are just as if they are healing.

It's been 3 weeks of use morning and night. Since it's clear I put first the silver gel, then moisturizer then make up. Hubby said the dark ones are fading.

Has anyone tried silver gel?

I do notice I have a lot on my body but I am happy since my face was so bothersome to me. It is $5-7 for 5oz but it lasts quite a bit. I just bought 2nd tube recently.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi cimartin11,

Are you talking about Curad Silver Gel? That's the only one i found that fits $5-$7 price.

Thank you very much for sharing and please keep us posted on your results.

cimartin11 wrote:
Just found this forum and hope to find alternative to other than laser. I have removed sk before only to return.

I have extremely dark large wartish looking sk on both sides of my face. I started to use curad silver gel. They have have started to diminish. No peeling or scabs, they are just as if they are healing.

It's been 3 weeks of use morning and night. Since it's clear I put first the silver gel, then moisturizer then make up. Hubby said the dark ones are fading.

I do notice I have a lot on my body but I am happy since my face was so bothersome to me. It is $5-7 for 5oz but it lasts quite a bit. I just bought 2nd tube recently.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes the curad silver gel which is like neosporen but fights Mrsa and staph infections.
cimartin11

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it's like neosporen but fights Mrsa and staph infections. I picked up originally at Walgreens and later found at local grocery store at cheaper price. I had one sk that was raised and itched and I just decided to put this on it. The next day it looked better so I decided I'll just put all over and see what happens.

Once I saw it improved I started twice a day. It's clear so great under makeup.

It seems to help mainly with the big ones that are dark and cauliflower with seb horns. The flat ones are not doing much. Maybe if I ran a nail file on it to open it a little bit. But at this point I'm glad to get of the big ugly ones.

Sorry I didnt know how to reply.

YB wrote:
Hi cimartin11,

Are you talking about Curad Silver Gel? That's the only one i found that fits $5-$7 price.

Thank you very much for sharing and please keep us posted on your results.

cimartin11 wrote:

AlamoCit

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:25 am      Reply with quote
For many years starting in my 30's I had these keratosis frozen off and have not had the unfortunate experience as some of the posters did. At the time my derm did tell me that the further away the spots were from the heart the harder it would be to destroy them. That could be why the feet have been so hard to treat. Since I am now on Medicare and it doesn't cover cosmetic procedures I decided to try the H202 treatment. They did bleach out the color, but perhaps I didn't use it long enough to kill. I just recently began again to try the procedure and am encouraged by the responses you are reporting.
AlamoCit

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm not so sure the vit D3 has much effect on SK.
I've been taking D3-2750 IU for almost two years for osteoporosis along with calcium. Though it's good for that it hasn't caused any change in the SK. At first I thought maybe it was the heat for sleeping on a heating pad every night, but although I have a lot in that area of the back, they are also on the front of my torso. I wonder if any lab is studying this? With so many affected by it you would think.....
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi AlamoCit,

Have you tried a good probiotic for some prolonged period of time?

Do you have any fermented foods in your daily diet (kefir, miso, sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) ? You know, today they say everything is coming from the gut and i kind of believe that.

One of my relatives shared a story of her childhood filled with SKs and, as she remembers, the only thing that helped was BEER EAST.

I don’t even know exactly what it is, but i guess it’s a part of beer making process. May be KOMBUCHA will work the same way. The principal is the same as with ACV. May be a little more concentrated and potent.

Good luck with your experiments!

AlamoCit wrote:
I'm not so sure the vit D3 has much effect on SK.
I've been taking D3-2750 IU for almost two years for osteoporosis along with calcium. Though it's good for that it hasn't caused any change in the SK. At first I thought maybe it was the heat for sleeping on a heating pad every night, but although I have a lot in that area of the back, they are also on the front of my torso. I wonder if any lab is studying this? With so many affected by it you would think.....

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to post about some success I had treating my seborrheic keratosis. It was actually a while ago so I may not remember every detail, but this is more or less what I did and it dramatically reduced and controlled it. I still have a light scattering across my abdomen but it was really bad to the point that I felt very self conscious about it. I haven't done this treatment in at least a year but I hope to re-start it to see if I can reduce them even more.

Basically I used a combo of diluted food-grade H2O2 (very strong concentration - be careful, wear gloves and never ingest orally) and a lemon juice + oil mix, alternately. I put the H2O2 onto the largest ones full-strength using a q-tip (but you have to be very careful as it will leak and spread onto your healthy skin, so be super-sparing about this. Then I diluted the H2O2 with water to about 1/4 strength and used an organic cotton pad to spread it all over my abdomen (I have 100s of these bumps and most are too small to treat individually). Test the dilution to see what works for you. It should tingle and even hurt a LITTLE bit for about a minute and then subside. At night, I'd treat the whole area with a mix of lemon juice and skin oil (I used tamanu oil which supposedly penetrates the skin well) to simulate the effect of glycolic acid and also help regenerate the cells. I leave this mixture on and put an old undershirt on top, and ideally sleep that way.

Don't do the H2O2 every day - give your skin time to heal each time. But once it's mostly recovered, go at it again. Judge for yourself.

It took about a month to see results and longer to get it where I wanted it, but it worked to stop the spread and reduce the size and darkness of them, quite significantly.

You need to be aware that for at least two weeks it will look MUCH WORSE and that can be quite distressing and scary. Also, when you apply the diluted H2O2 the sensation is intense and that is also a little bit scary, but just dilute it as much as you like and maybe increase the strength a little bit each time up to about 1/3 or whatever you feel comfortable with. My skin regenerated very well over time but I wouldn't recommend this treatment on fragile skin that has a lot of difficulty healing. If you aren't sure, try spot-treating in one area.

Hope this helps someone!
Older but wiser

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all those with SK. I am now 70 and my torso is covered in these nasty things. My mother was a true victim. Poor dear. It really upsets me that researchers don't figure out the reason "why" these appear. They say they won't kill you,but you wish you were dead! Not really 😉

My question is has anyone ever thought that they might be caused by an overgrowth of fungi in the body? I wonder if a connection has ever been made. I do know they are not caused by sun.

Love to hear from anyone.
Murf

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,I'm so glad I've found this site, I'm 69yrs old and have about 40 SK's of various sizes on my back, I've been applying ACV twice a day for the last 3 months,with no effect whatsoever, very disappointing. Could someone tell me what seems to work better, Glycolic acid or Hydrogen Pyroxide? I'm going to try one of these, just not sure which is best.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I just joined... first post. I got some good information on this forum about using hydrogen peroxide 35% and I thought I'd give it a try. I found it available online and just received it today.
A little background... I'm male 62 years old. I started to notice these small, flesh-colored, dry-looking spots on my legs a couple of years ago. Sometimes I could only see them by looking at my legs at an angle as the spots caught the light differently than the rest of my skin. The number of spot has increased, but they have mostly stayed flesh-colored and dry-looking. They're somewhat raised, but not too much. Some more obviously than others. I Googled keratosis (my dermatologist told me their name awhile back) and the only photos I could find that looked like my spots were labeled "stucco" keratosis, apparently because they look "stuck on"... or so I read.
My dermatologist removed maybe 20 of them using liquid nitrogen and after they came off, the spots were very dark but faded after about a month or so. Other than the fact that the liquid nitrogen treatment isn't so good to do during the seasons when I might want to wear shorts because of the relatively long time it took for the spots to disappear, it seems to be an OK way to deal with them, but considering how many I have, it will cost a fortune. That's why I started searching for home remedies, which brought me here.
So, I received the HP 35% today. I'd read conflicting advice regarding whether or not to dilute the HP. I decided to do a test at full strength on a smallish area on one leg near and around the knee. I used a Q-Tip and put some HP on about ten spots. These were not the smallest or the largest ones. Just about the size of the diameter of the head of the Q-Tip. Even though the areas that appeared wet seemed confined to just the spots, it seems the HP spread out because the bubbling and lightening happened on the normal skin surrounding each spot. I'd read that even though the HP might change the color of the normal skin, the effect would be minimal and not damage the normal skin. So I decided to just go for it. There definitely was some stinging, but nowhere near as uncomfortable as a spray of liquid nitrogen. Definitely tolerable. As the HP dried, the stinging also completely stopped. That was about an hour or so ago. Now, the spots look like they have a light application of calamine lotion... remember that from mosquito bites years ago? Each patch is about the size of a small fingerprint.
Looking at just the raised keratoses, it looks as if they've been sort of sucked dry. I'm definitely encouraged. I don't want to pick them or disturb them at all yet. I'll probably apply more HP tomorrow, maybe after a shower to see how the water affects the spots.
I might try masking the surrounding areas with Vaseline, although I'm not sure if that will be necessary. I looked online to see if I could find cotton swabs with smaller tips. I found 2 types. One type is available in the U.S.. They look pretty much like Q-Tips, but the cotton comes to a point, and it looks like maybe the cotton is wound tighter. I think they're carried in beauty-supply stores. Here in NYC we have a series of shops called Ricky's. I think they sell them. The other type was pretty interesting. They can be bought online, but I think they come from China. The sticks are thin wood and the cotton is very precisely attached so that it doesn't bulge out on the sides, but extends at the end of the stick and comes to a point. They only have cotton on one end, whereas the other type has two tips. I figured with the pointed or tinier cotton tips, I'd be able to cover a smaller, more precise area with the HP.
I'd really like to keep this process as simple as possible, mainly because I have quite a number of keratoses. I can't imagine encircling each one with Vaseline. It would drive me nuts.
Another idea I had... although I'm not sure I'd actually do it... is to go to a salon where they do spa treatments like waxing, etc., and ask if they would apply the HP if I showed them how. It would be a lot easier for another person to see my calves, all around, closely and do a more precise application. The largest number of spots are on my calves, and they taper off further up my legs. I also have some on my forearms, but they tend to be flatter and darker. Real "old man" spots... and I'm not havin' any of that!
So that's my story so far. I'll post more as I see progress. Thank you all for the information I got from this forum.
ahappygirl

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:32 am      Reply with quote
After reading the information on this forum and doing some additional research, I decided to try the 35% hydrogen peroxide to treat my seborrheic keratosis and I thought I'd share my experience. All of my SKs appear on my chest and have been confirmed by a dermatologist to be SK. Here are the steps I used:

1. I used a regular Q-Tip to put the 35% HP on each of my 11 SKs.
2. I used a blow dryer to dry the area.
3. I did a second application of the HP and then dried the area.
4. I repeated this each evening for 6 days and then took 3 days off.
5. I just repeated this for the past five days in the evening, and used exfoliating gloves in my morning shower on the area.

Here was my experience:

1. The application caused a burning/stinging sensation on both the affected and non affected skin, including a drop I got on my finger. It was not unbearable but definitely uncomfortable.
2. The first time I did NOT use the blow dryer and the burning/stinging lasted for over an hour and was very uncomfortable. Once I started using the blow dryer, most of the stinging/burning ended after about 10 minutes.
3. All turned white after application and appeared to be "reacting"
4. After about the third application, the largest SK was bubbling and bleeding, although it didn't hurt much more than the application to the others.
5. I didn't use a product to protect the unaffected skin, so the area around the SKs got irritated and red.
6. The smaller SKs that were only slightly raised dried out and got a little crust after a couple days. The four larger ones all got a darker crust. They actually looked much worse after the first few applications than before I started!
7. During the "break" days after 6 days of application, the SKs became dryer and pieces started to fall off. The two smallest were completely gone, leaving a dark reddish brown spot on the skin. All but one reduced in size, with the two most unsightly becoming about half their size.
8. During the second round, I used alpha hydroxy lightening cream on the SKs that had been removed before doing the HP treatment on the remaining SKs, and I also began exfoliating the area with exfoliating gloves in my morning shower.
9. It has been 13 days since I started and 6 SKs are gone. The first two that were removed and have had the most treatment with the lightening cream are about half as dark as they were a week ago but still visible.
10. The 3 largest are probably about 1/3 the size of when I started, with one of them having just a small section still hanging on.
11. I have one that the dermatologist said was an SK but has a different appearance. Most of them are the flat, raised, fleshy colored SKs that are a little darker than the surrounding skin, but the this one looks much more like a mole. The doc tried to freeze it off unsuccessfully. That one has become extremely dry and crusty but hasn't been reduced in size.
12. The final SK is also slightly different in appearance, almost looking more like a blister. There has been no change in this SK even thought it was the smallest when I started. I’m wondering if perhaps it is not an SK or possibly a type that the HP doesn’t work for.

I am extremely happy with my results after trying various other things over the years including alpha hydroxy cream, tea tree oil and ACV with no results. I will post an update once all of the SKs are (hopefully!) gone.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |