Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Obagi's has a new product line, called: ZO skin health. specifically formulated to be your "anti aging skin care ritual"
*{i had put the URL here for you to read the info for yourself but this site will not allow me to post it}

i'm a loyal, happy and VERY satisfied user of "Obagi's nu derm system" along w/ retin A, SB's CP's, vit C and NCN's pumpkin peel, but....my facial skin and complexion is more radiant and evenly toned (no spots or discolorations) then my limbs. prior to starting obagi, my face was spotted like a dalmatian that was cross bred with a giraffe!!

because of this, i'm constantly looking for a good work horse of an all over body lotion(s). one that nourishes, exfoliates, softens body wrinkles, and lightens my acquired, lightly scattered small freckles from days gone by of a horrific 2nd degree sun burn (which i needed oral steroids to treat it with!) I'm really interested in his body lotion called 'Oraser' it sounds so promising. its expensive though, at 80.00/8oz. but so is lasering my arms and legs that i have been considering to rejuvenate them.
Oraser™
Body Emulsion/$80.00
Concerns:
Dryness, dark spots, loss of firmness and elasticity, and all over dull-looking skin
Solution:

* Hydrates immediately and delivers long lasting moisture
* Helps stimulate cell renewal
* Removes dead surface cells and smoothes rough, dry patches
* Improves texture, elasticity and firmness
* Reduces the appearance of dark spots and evens skin tone

Features & Benefits:

* Lactic Acid: proven to help exfoliate rough skin patches and retexturize the skin for firmer, smoother looking skin.
* Retinol: a pure derivative of Vitamin A and the most vital component of any anti-aging skincare program. It is clinically proven to be the most effective anti-aging ingredient to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and increase epidermal thickness.
* Glucosamine: blocks the enzyme that produces melanin; reduces hyper-pigmentation and improves all over skin tone.
* Vitamin E: the antioxidant most frequently recommended by dermatologists to fight free radicals and repair damaged skin cells.
* Coenzyme Q10: essential for healthy skin. Natural CoQ10 levels decrease with age, thus these powerful anti-oxidant coenzymes must be supplemented to fight free radicals and reduce aging symptoms.

How To Use:
Dr. Obagi recommends massaging all over body AM and PM. For maximum anti-aging benefits, use as part of a ZO Skin Health™ Program.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I only just saw some info on the ZO line recently and I am quite interested as the line is using some ingredients that previously have only been used by Remergent. I really hope that EDS will stock this line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
hi PINKLYFE,

I was wondering how good the obagi nuderm line was. i had a look at EDS and it has high strength hydroquinone which iver heard is an irritant. whats your view as im interested
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
vassbeaute wrote:
hi PINKLYFE,

I was wondering how good the obagi nuderm line was. i had a look at EDS and it has high strength hydroquinone which iver heard is an irritant. whats your view as im interested

hi vassbeaute

yes, it can be irritating. when i was doing the full on obagi system 7 days a week for 20 weeks.i had a reaction the first week i was on it. swollen, puffy areas around my eyes and the lids. i backed off from putting it too closely to my eye orbital area and it resolved. the rest of the exaggerated peeling i experienced is what the treatment is supposed to produce. i swear by it. i've been using it for almost 3 years in a maintenance type routine. which is 3 times a week. I have yet to develop a freckle,spot or the odd darker shading i had before i started obagi nu derm. there is studies that say there is a connection between cancer and hydroquinone in lab rats . so take that into consideration as well.
HTH!
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
almost forgot.hydroquinone doesn't seem to irritate my skin after the first week. during summer's i use it 7 times a week at the advice of my esthetician because i can become hyper pigmented
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice PinkLyfe:
i think you have sold me i amy use it like you only for 3 days and see how it goes. ill keep u posted
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
PinkLyfe,

What are your AM and PM Obagi Nuderm routine in conjunction with other products during the maintenance?

I am on my 18 weeks of Obagi and considering what other products to add to my maintenance.

Thanks a lot.
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
hi mely

once a year, every year, in the fall i do the obagi system full time, 7 days a week, AM and PM. for 18 - 20 weeks. to give my skin a work out and challenge, it goes thru a very active peel stage
aggressive treatment 7 days a week:
AM
Obagi cleanse
tone
clear
exfoderm
eye cream of the moment
sunscreen 45 or higher
PM
Obagi cleanse
tone
clear (every day)
blender mixed with retin 1.0
eye cream

the rest of the year is a maintenance program as follows:
AM
obagi AM routine
clease/tone
vit c (every day)
clear (every day)
exfoderm (M W F)
eye cream
sunscreen

PM routine:
cleanse/tone
Skin biology copper peptide (every evening)
clear (every evening)
retin A .05 mixed with blender(MWF)
eye cream

once a week while on my obagi maintenance program..i use NCN's 30% pumpkin peel once a week

HTH!
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
PinkLyfe,

Thank you so much for the very detailed AM and PM products you are using.

I suppose that the Skin Biology Copper Peptide you are using every night is a moisturizer. But I can see that when you are doing the full 18 to 20 weeks of Obagi, you did not use any moisturizer.

I will be finishing my 18weeks of Obagi next week. My spots are still there although lightened, skin smoother, clearer, tone better than before, but not as significant of a result that I am expecting.

I finished my first bottle of Clear on my 15 weeks, Toner after 3 months. I am using the 2nd bottle of Clear and Toner with the rest of the products(Cleanser,Exfoderm, Sunfader, SPF35, Blender with Retin-A).

My questions are:

Am I a slow user, that's why I did not see that dramatic results people are saying?

While using Obagi, I really fell my skin drier compared before(my skin was normal),any suggestion on a good moisturizer? I am going to be 51 next month.

Thank you again.
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi mely
no,no, no..i never use a moisturizer.ever. so i don't have one i can recommend. moisturizer(s) negates the benefits of exforderm and retin A. dr obagi believes that when you use his system(correctly) that your skin acts 'as if' its in its 20's. when i was in my 20's i never even thought of moisturizer cream let alone used one. reason being is, the cell turn over is at every 28 days.his system creates change at the cellular level. i'm living testimony that his beliefs are true. I am 49 and i'm very happy with my skin. i've been told by every esthetician who works on me and my Derm Dr that i have very healthy skin.

the copper peptide is a not a moisturizer. it is a skin remodeling agent from the inside out where as obagi products along with retin A work from the outside in. they degrade the old dead skin layer/cells. to make way for the new, fresh, plump skin cells. this action also helps produce collagen,elastin and possibly hyluronic acid.

yes, you might be a slow user. you may need to do repeated cycles. not everyone achieves the desired results in the same amount of time.

when i first did the obagi program i was under a derm DR. and esthetician supervision. i met with the esthetician every week. i learned so much from her! she showed me before and after pics of women in her practice. some women had to do 2 or 3 cycles before getting the desired results. a cycle is 18 weeks. correct me if i am wrong..this is from memory.

i was able to achieve my desired results in one skin cycle.(4.5 months) and yes, your skin looks worse before it looks better. it gets dry, looks dry,hurts to open your mouth to eat, peels like lizard skin(to the point embarrassing)and then it gets a glow, radiance,plumpness,and new fresh look. i didn't even noticed i stopped peeling till my co worker said."hey...your're not peeling and your skin looks so GOOD!"

you may need to do another cycle(or 2) of 18 weeks...before you see your desired results. its dependent how deep into your dermis your hyper pigmentation is. some of the patients had to do 3 cycles. thats 13 and half months. wow!

keep with it and good luck. let me know how it goes.
HTH!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Pinklyfe, did you purchase the body product? I saw the ZO skin line a while back, but the products are VERY expensive! Keep us posted if you get this!
PinkLyfe
5% products discount

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
hi rileygirl,
no, not yet. its on my wish list though. i have to pace myself to stick to my budget. i agree. its very expensive. i've never seen one at that price before. ouch! and for only 8 oz's??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, pinklyfe. I am trying to pace myself, as well, so I understand! I think the ZO face products look really good, as well, and I would love to try the sunscreen. I think anything from obagi will be great.
Mely09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pinklyfe,

Thanks for your response and good to know that we are in the same generation.

As to my understanding, a cycle is 6 weeks, and you have to do at least 3 cycles which is 18 weeks. I am going to do another 6 weeks to get that glowing, radiant, plumpness and fresh look skin.

Will keep you posted.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone been to the Obagi office in Beverly Hills?
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

Thank you all for your interest in ZO Skin Health, products developed by Dr. Obagi and his clinic in Beverly Hills (the Obagi Skin Health Institute). He's very excited about the launch of the new ZO line, which he promises to be the most effective line of skin care products sold through traditional retail channels (unlike Obagi Medical Products, which are sold through dermatologists and plastic surgeons).

Just about everything that Dr. Obagi does is innovative--he was at the forefront of the whole anti-aging skin care trend, and created what has become the leading brand of professional skin care products.

Just for clarification,there is a difference between his original (Obagi NuDerm) and new (ZO Skin Health) lines. Obagi NuDerm causes redness and peeling--for maybe six weeks-- while it renews skin and stimulates new skin cells. No doubt about it, it produces some impressive results--that's what Dr. Obagi is all about.

But even if you're on the Obagi NuDerm regimen, Dr. Obagi recommends the use of some ZO products to calm the skin, reduce redness and exfoliate those flaking cells. If you want some of his specific recommendations, let me know.

The new ZO line works by stimulating cells to renew and recharge themselves--thereby replenishing collagen and elastin, and restoring firmness and smoothness. The products feature high concentration of stabilized, time-released retinol. You may feel a little tingling at first, to waken the skin up, but there's no lasting redness.

One of our most popular products is the ZO sunscreen called Oclipse--and it just won the most innovative cosmetic of the year!

If your concerned about price, (and who isn't these days?) check out the ZO Jumpstart Kit - you can find it at the ZO Skin Health website. It's a great value, and powerful introduction to Dr. Obagi's newest system.

I'm not an expert on all things Obagi, but I have been working with him at ZO Skin Health. If I can answer any questions for you--or even if I can get him to answer any questions, please let me know! Thanks again for your interest.

Donna Queen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
What products does Dr. Obagi recommend while on the Nu Derm program?
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Obagi has a couple of recommendations that make NuDerm much more tolerable, reduce the redness--so patient compliance and satisfaction are greatly enhanced. He (and his patients) especially like:

ZO Skin Health Offects Exfoliating Polish. With this product, round magnesium crystals slough off the dry skin and improve skin appearance and texture. It completely gets rid of the flaking skin. Use it in the shower, and your face feels absolutely wonderful--it feels great for everybody, but especially for NuDerm users. When you get out of the shower, you'll love the way you look.

ZO Skin Health Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme (AM or PM) This calms and soothes the skin, while reducing inflammation, irritation and redness. It also hydrates the skin, to reduce the dryness caused by NuDerm. Use it after applying Retin-A, Blender and/or Exfoderm in the morning, or better yet, twice a day.

ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum. He recommends using this once or twice a week for anybody on a NuDerm maintenance regimen. It reduces redness. It's a super-smooth gel.

The nice thing about all of these products is that they feel great--they're a blessing for NuDerm users! Especially the exfoliating polish--it's a life-saver when it comes to NuDerm but the others are also nice to have!

5% products discount

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Body Emulsion every day for a few months now. I have in the past tried many, many body lotions, cremes, oils - even Lac-Hydrin back when it was still prescription only. This Body Emulsion is far and away the best body product I have ever used. Yes, it is more expensive than drugstore brands because it actually works. It is also less expensive than La Prairie, La Mer, etc. It goes on easily (not greasy) and gives a tingling sensation for a moment, with a fresh scent. My skin has been noticeably changed for the better - smoother and softer. I wouldn't give this up for anything.
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
Dr. Obagi has a couple of recommendations that make NuDerm much more tolerable, reduce the redness--so patient compliance and satisfaction are greatly enhanced. He (and his patients) especially like:

ZO Skin Health Offects Exfoliating Polish. With this product, round magnesium crystals slough off the dry skin and improve skin appearance and texture. It completely gets rid of the flaking skin. Use it in the shower, and your face feels absolutely wonderful--it feels great for everybody, but especially for NuDerm users. When you get out of the shower, you'll love the way you look.

ZO Skin Health Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme (AM or PM) This calms and soothes the skin, while reducing inflammation, irritation and redness. It also hydrates the skin, to reduce the dryness caused by NuDerm. Use it after applying Retin-A, Blender and/or Exfoderm in the morning, or better yet, twice a day.

ZO Skin Health Ossential Growth Factor Serum. He recommends using this once or twice a week for anybody on a NuDerm maintenance regimen. It reduces redness. It's a super-smooth gel.

The nice thing about all of these products is that they feel great--they're a blessing for NuDerm users! Especially the exfoliating polish--it's a life-saver when it comes to NuDerm but the others are also nice to have!

Hi, this info about obagi ZO is very intersting. i might look into these products when i go on my maintenance. i've been using obagi nu derm for 9 weeks now. i have one question. would incorporating the ZO products with the nu derm products slow down results?
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm no expert on blogging, but I have lots of experience with Obagi products (both personal and professional). I could not have survived on the NuDerm regimen without ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish. I swear, the shower was the highlight of my day. All ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish does is polish off the dead, peeling skin. But it makes you feel like a normal, healthy, and young person again! My skin never looked so good--at least for about 6 hours--after that I'd start peeling all over again. But the benefit is: I couldn't have stuck with the NuDerm regimen without it.

As for the other products, I appreciate the fact that you're not willing to compromise results for the sake of short term comfort. Dr. Obagi is all about results; therefore, on this question, I deferred to him. Based on his experience, ZO will enhance the results of NuDerm, and improve the comfort. You'll tolerate the NuDerm the system, and enjoy the results, much better.

If you're on maintenance, I'd recommend any one of the three products--the Ossential Growth Factor Serum or either one of the Ommerse products--they calm and nourish the skin. Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
I'm no expert on blogging, but I have lots of experience with Obagi products (both personal and professional). I could not have survived on the NuDerm regimen without ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish. I swear, the shower was the highlight of my day. All ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish does is polish off the dead, peeling skin. But it makes you feel like a normal, healthy, and young person again! My skin never looked so good--at least for about 6 hours--after that I'd start peeling all over again. But the benefit is: I couldn't have stuck with the NuDerm regimen without it.

As for the other products, I appreciate the fact that you're not willing to compromise results for the sake of short term comfort. Dr. Obagi is all about results; therefore, on this question, I deferred to him. Based on his experience, ZO will enhance the results of NuDerm, and improve the comfort. You'll tolerate the NuDerm the system, and enjoy the results, much better.

If you're on maintenance, I'd recommend any one of the three products--the Ossential Growth Factor Serum or either one of the Ommerse products--they calm and nourish the skin. Hope that helps.

thanks zoskinhealth. a quick question about the sunscreen. is it designed for those with oily skin types or would it leave skin greasy when applied?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth, can the new zo line be used for anti aging or does it have to be used with one of the other regimens?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
petalutha wrote:
I have been using the Body Emulsion every day for a few months now. I have in the past tried many, many body lotions, cremes, oils - even Lac-Hydrin back when it was still prescription only. This Body Emulsion is far and away the best body product I have ever used. Yes, it is more expensive than drugstore brands because it actually works. It is also less expensive than La Prairie, La Mer, etc. It goes on easily (not greasy) and gives a tingling sensation for a moment, with a fresh scent. My skin has been noticeably changed for the better - smoother and softer. I wouldn't give this up for anything.

Wwhich product is the Body Emulsion, does EDS stock it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, bushy, So you're another nightowl, like myself.

Yes, the new ZO line targets anti-aging. Like the original Obagi line, it can be used as a system, but doesn't have to be. It works by awakening dormant skin cells to resume normal functioning, and thereby replenish collagen and elastin.

It doesn't have to be used with the original Obagi regimen at all. But a few of the products (as mentioned) will greatly alleviate the redness and discomfort associated with NuDerm. Hope that helps.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |