Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Justin. That is very informative. I look forward to hearing more from you on how the products work.

Red head, glad to hear that you are doing good with your routine! I am sorry to hear about your car accident and resulting brain injury. Thank you for sharing that with us; that is a brave thing to do. Please keep us posted on how your skin is looking with your routine! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Ossential Growth Factor Serum uses proprietary synthetic lipopeptides and synthetic growth factors incorporated into an emulsified silicone elastomer system. By now most people have heard of Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000, and Argeriline – all peptides. They’re all pretty good and can be effective, however the basic formulation problem with them has always been that they can sit on the surface of the skin, unable to penetrate if not formulated with correctly. The peptides in Ossential Growth Factor Serum use a different mode of action – a myristoyl tail instead of a palmitoyl tail. What this means is their polarity and lipiphilic / hydrophilic characteristics allow them to more effectively penetrate skin. These two peptides are primarily proliferative inducing agents (promoting new cells) and have also shown matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) inhibition properties (MMPs break down collagen).

Now that the peptides have started the proliferation process, enter the synthetic growth factors. The easiest way to describe the growth factors is the basic ingredients needed to support cell life. For a simple example, think of the red film in a Petri dish used for culture work – the minimal essential media presents the necessary components for cells to reproduce. This is exactly what we’re asking our skin to do – reproduce cells – and the Ossential Growth Factor Serum provides skin with the essential ingredients it needs for the process.

Both the peptides and the growth factors benefit from a nanosomal (much smaller than liposomal) delivery system specifically oriented to maintain their bioavailbility when applied to skin.

Thanks Justin...this confirms my thinking that this is the perfect partner for dermarolling. If I am going to go through the hell of creating a gazillion wounds in order to generate collagen, at least I now know that they will be well fed! Very Happy

It is also nice to know that the delivery systems are top notch....you see so many advertisements for products that end up just sitting on top of your skin (even though they don't mention that part).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to see how everyone and their products were doing. So far so good with me now my quest is for a foundation for my sensative slight combo skin can't use bismuth any reccs-Thanks
Iam starting to see results with the DPD my skin feels smoother

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Just wanted to see how everyone and their products were doing. So far so good with me now my quest is for a foundation for my sensative slight combo skin can't use bismuth any reccs-Thanks

Red, look at Uglogirlcom...if you send Melissa the owner a pic, she will help pick some shades for you. And they are bismuth-free.

That is great news on the Daily Power Defense.

I really like my ZO products, but I just had a major case of zits kick in. I do NOT think it is the products themselves, as they are fairly low in silicones, and the zits are totally unlike the HORRID attack I had from the Remergent silicones. It also isn't the purging from using ZO, because I used RA right up until I started the ZO.

I think it is more that I completely stopped using my Retin A 2x a week, and the ZO products just aren't strong enough to keep my hormonal acne at bay. But I am hoping that adding the RA back in 2x a week ought to solve the problem.

I'll keep everyone posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip I will look her up sorry about the acne flare up I did have a few also (no hormones) and I think it is because of my Retional being from ADC and its a bit creamier then the US version (made in India) might have to use less

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:

That is great to hear you have results already, redhead. I love the ZO products. They all feel really nice on my skin, and my skin has taken on a nice, healthy glow. I was told I "look good" by my co-workers that I had not seen in a few weeks. That says something, as they never compliment, ever! I cannot say I have seen a difference in wrinkles but it has only been 1 month and I believe it will take at least 3 months, if not longer, for my skin anyway.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I love the ZO products. They all feel really nice on my skin, and my skin has taken on a nice, healthy glow. I was told I "look good" by my co-workers that I had not seen in a few weeks. That says something, as they never compliment, ever! I cannot say I have seen a difference in wrinkles but it has only been 1 month and I believe it will take at least 3 months, if not longer, for my skin anyway.

Wow...you gotta love compliments!! Woo hoo for you!!

I agree with your comment about the products feeling nice on your skin. I also really enjoy using them, which is really unusual for me...I generally just slap stuff on and be done with it, but some of these smell really good which is nice. (yet they don't irritate my fragrance allergies)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
You know, that is the first compliment that I have received in about 1 year! (Sad, huh?)

Anyway, I wanted to report that I just finished the last drop of the growth factor serum that came in the jumpstart kit. I believe I started the jumpstart kit just a little over 1 month ago. So, the first 2 weeks I used the growth factor serum once a day, and the last 2 weeks I used it twice a day. Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to know the length of time on the products. If I had used it only once a day, it would have lasted probably 6 weeks, maybe a little longer depending on how much you depress out.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know sometimes press down and I think that to much comes out but I have learned that a little does go along way with the products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You know, that is the first compliment that I have received in about 1 year! (Sad, huh?)

Anyway, I wanted to report that I just finished the last drop of the growth factor serum that came in the jumpstart kit. I believe I started the jumpstart kit just a little over 1 month ago. So, the first 2 weeks I used the growth factor serum once a day, and the last 2 weeks I used it twice a day. Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to know the length of time on the products. If I had used it only once a day, it would have lasted probably 6 weeks, maybe a little longer depending on how much you depress out.

Are you using it on your neck and chest too? (I am)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Are you using it on your neck and chest too? (I am)

Most definitely!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Good to know sometimes press down and I think that to much comes out but I have learned that a little does go along way with the products.

sorry, redhead, just saw your post. I have to say that I agree. I don't think you necessarily need the full depressed amount.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kareberry* wrote:
am I to believe that the retinol in these ZO products have been stabilized so there wouldn't be as much sun-sensitivity if I use them in the daytime? <-- I'd be all for the ZO line if this were the case cuz I believe using the products in NuDerm did help with my situation but also created more sun sensitivity which was sort of a catch-22 for me.

Retinol and retinoic acid are very different, and the acid can not be used during the daytime. Most the ZO products have retinol in them (including the day products), and it is time-released.

So, while there are some that you need to use at night while most of the skin rejuventation takes place (like the Radical Night Repair), others can be used night or day (like the Growth Factor Serum.
'

Can you double check this for me? Where did you read that Retinol or Retinoic Acid or anything vitamin A related are different and would not create sun sensitivity? Making a retinol product time-released doesn't change the fact that it does increase sun sensitivity right?

Maybe ZOskinhealth can answer this one?

First, I apologize for the delayed response, I had to shift my time and attention to some personal matters.

By definition and their classic description, retinoids are not photosensitizers--that being said, it is commonly believed that retinoic acid, retinol and vitamin A all increase photosensitivity--the higher the concentration, the greater the sensitivity.

There are 2 reasons why sunscreen is recommended for both retinol and retinoic acid: (1) they increase your sensitivity to the sun; (2) they degrade when exposed to UV rays

ZO's time-release technology reduces irritation, however it does not diminish the fact that retinol increases sun sensitivity. That's one reason why ZO's Ossential Radical Night Repair is positioned as a night-time product.

It's OK to use products containing lower concentrations of retinol during the daytime, and even retinoic acid (which is frequently prescribed for acne and melasma and used daily), so long as a sunscreen is used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I found that the Jumpstart Kit only lasted approximatley one month. I only used it on my face and the Growth Factor Serum didn't last the month as I used it twice a day but the sunscreen lasted just over a month. They are good products but I think price is going to be an issue as it really isn't possible to see results from the kit. I think the kit should have sufficient product for a couple of months so that there is a chance to see results. With the body cream, eye cream and hand products, you can see results very quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:49 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I found that the Jumpstart Kit only lasted approximatley one month. I only used it on my face and the Growth Factor Serum didn't last the month as I used it twice a day but the sunscreen lasted just over a month. They are good products but I think price is going to be an issue as it really isn't possible to see results from the kit. I think the kit should have sufficient product for a couple of months so that there is a chance to see results. With the body cream, eye cream and hand products, you can see results very quickly.

I think some people may not need to use the Growth Factor Serum twice a day, so I do believe it would last 6 weeks using only once a day.

I do agree that the kit should have sufficient product to last at least 2-3 months, as you are correct, price is a big issue (these days especially).

I do not agree with the immediate results of the body cream, hand cream, or eye cream. I have not seen immediate results. I think the products will require a longer period of time to work on wrinkles/fine lines, skin tone, etc.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

As always, thank you for your feedback on the ZO products, in particular the Jumpstart Kits.

First, let me say that the kit is designed to last 30-45 days (depending on how it is used and areas applied to). The reason for this timing is to get a complete round of cellular turnover on the products. Will the products plateau in results after 30-45 days? Absolutely not! Improvement will continue through 8-12 weeks at which point there may be an opportunity to titrate up (if using Radical Night Repair or Retin-A on alternate nights), incorporate additional stimulation or activation products, or if you’re totally, completely happy with the results, just begin a maintenance plan.

So… let’s discuss the observed results from the first four weeks of being on the Jumpstart kit products. First and foremost, it’s important to differentiate between (1) current or recent NuDerm users; (2) people on a NuDerm maintenance plan; (3) people who have never used NuDerm. For each of these, your baseline is going to be different. I know a number of people on EDS have used or are using NuDerm, and I have to say, your observations above with regard to how long it will take to see results are dead on – because of the starting point of your skin. For the uninitiated in the realm of products by Dr. Obagi, the reaction in the first four weeks to the Jumpstart kit can be much more dramatic.

We can talk about #1--what current NuDerm users can and should experience with ZO separately. (That’s because it’s a little more complicated, and depends on what products you’re using). Generally, though, while a few ZO products can and will enhance your Obagi regimen, the ZO Jumpstart Kit should not be used in conjunction with NuDerm during the first 18 weeks.

People who are on #2--an Obagi maintenance plan can expect to see visible results in months 2-3 as noted above. These people, like rileygirl and redhead, who are accustomed to stronger doses of retinoic acid (and supercharged Blender) have already retinized their skin, addressing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines with strong topical results and will now benefit from ZO product’s ingredients which work synergistically with maintenance products. Rileygirl mentioned above receiving a compliment after using ZO products for a month – for her skin having a healthy glow. Radiance, glow, overall healthy appearance or vitality is an improvement the more initiated skin can see in the first four weeks of using ZO products in conjunction with or as maintenance for a medical prescriptive regimen. Because the prescriptive regimen is aggressively addressing the appearance of wrinkles, the visibly noticeable results from the ZO products will take a bit longer to show as the peptides and growth factors work synergistically to aid in the restructuring of the dermal matrix and production of collagen. Products like this working from the inside out take a bit more time for the results to be observed topically. If it takes a bit longer to see results from ZO products, you should be congratulated, you’ve been treating your skin well.

People who have not been stimulating their skin with Retin-A or Obagi products (#3), may have an acclimation period to ZO’s Jumpstart Kit while their skin becomes retinized (a state of mildly disrupted stratum corneum and increased cellular activity). For people with this starting point, the results observed in the first four weeks can be significant and sometimes startling. The uninitiated may suffer the purging of their skin as the higher dose of retinol starts clearing out debris and initiating increased cellular turnover. Skin that is also not accustomed to every day sunscreen protection (at an SPF of 30 or higher) can see a change in visible pigmentation after the first round of cellular turnover. Some people starting out on the Jumpstart regimen can experience some redness from the Radical Night Repair, similar to starting NuDerm, though not as extensive. The Growth Factor Serum’s synthetic peptides and growth factors, while working synergistically for greater results with the Radical Night Repair, can add to the increased cellular turnover and result in some flakiness as more skin cells are shed. All of these are natural responses by the skin, and settle down as the skin becomes healthier (as many of you here on EDS know).

For many just starting out on the ZO Jumpstart products, they will be learning lessons many here on EDS have already experienced and have offered guidance on to the uninitiated. This forum is a great resource.

I hope this helps. I’ll address what you can expect from some of our other products in a couple of days.

Best regards,

Justin Morgan
Vice President - Development
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Justin. That was a really great and informative post. I think your best information to us yet! Thanks so much for taking your time to help us all out. I really appreciate it. I hope you will definitely return with more insight like you gave above in regards to the other ZO products.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Batman what a review and really hit the nail on the head. He is correct I have been on maintenance so my skin does show glow but nothing dramatic as when I was using NuDerm full 18 weeks. My skin is clear etc and I can see a difference and still get compliments on how great my skin looks. It is a great addition to my maintenance routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
red head wrote:

That is great to hear you have results already, redhead. I love the ZO products. They all feel really nice on my skin, and my skin has taken on a nice, healthy glow. I was told I "look good" by my co-workers that I had not seen in a few weeks. That says something, as they never compliment, ever! I cannot say I have seen a difference in wrinkles but it has only been 1 month and I believe it will take at least 3 months, if not longer, for my skin anyway.

Hi rileygirl, just curious, what is your ZO routine? What products are you using?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, jom. This has been my routine with ZO:
AM: Exfoliating Cleanser
Exfoliating Polish
Daily Power Defense
Growth Factor Serum
eye cream
Sunscreen

PM: Exfoliating Cleanser
TE Pads
Radical Night Repair or Retin A (I alternate nights with these)
Growth Factor Serum
eye cream

Out of all the skin care products I have tried, the Obagi products have been the only thing to make a difference in my skin and the new ZO line is no different, it is working great for my skin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
There is a Twitter site for ZO Skin Health. I don't normally follow the standard social networking sites, since they seem to be tween dominated, but I may watch this for updates on occasion.

http://twitter.com/ZOSkinHealth

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I am trying both the hand kit & the facial kit & really like both. There hasn't been time enough to see any dramatic difference (those days may be over for me anyway! Sad - plus my skin is in good condition to start with). Anyway, even if it was awesome, I had to pay UPS just under $200cdn for brokerage & taxes. That's on top of the retail cost of the products. Until someone can retail this in Canada (Holt's or even better EDS) I will most certainly not bother to repurchase.
BTW nordstrom.com delivers only within the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I am trying both the hand kit & the facial kit & really like both. There hasn't been time enough to see any dramatic difference (those days may be over for me anyway! Sad - plus my skin is in good condition to start with). Anyway, even if it was awesome, I had to pay UPS just under $200cdn for brokerage & taxes. That's on top of the retail cost of the products. Until someone can retail this in Canada (Holt's or even better EDS) I will most certainly not bother to repurchase.

Ooops...I didn't realize they shipped UPS, I thought it was USPS. $200? Unbelievable.
havana8

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
RuthMarion wrote:

Ooops...I didn't realize they shipped UPS, I thought it was USPS. $200? Unbelievable.

Those UPS charges are a joke, RuthMarion! Shock That must have been quite the shock at the door. Confused I wonder if Nordstrom's would deliver to Canada if you order by phone? I know Barney's New York will send all over the world this way. Probably wouldn't solve the exorbitant shipping charges, mind you, as they would likely be the same as UPS or higher once they add in their markup.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:

Wow, that seems atrocious for UPS charges. I would have had a heart attack with that amount.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |