Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for enlightening us. You lost body hair too? Didn't know that it could be absorbed to that extent.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on the system or almost 1 year now. i did go to the salon this weekend and asked my gal to look at my hair wet and dry she said that it looked fine. I do tend to wear it up alot so maybe the pulling did it. When i wash my hair it does not come out in clumps but i think that I may lay off the RetinA and see what that does. How will this affect my NuDerm maintenance or should I use the OGF or ORC to get my antiaging benefits Thanks for the head up

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can PM Justin (FYIguy) or Donna to ask what would be the alternative for Obagi Nuderm maintenance if you are having side effects with retin A.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks I think that I will and also lay off of it and see it could also be some new meds that Iam taking for a injury that I had.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I know that I may be starting a can or worms but here it goes: According to Justin per Dr O you are only to use moisterizer as needed per his explinations. On the directions for the discussed products is says daily also when I called various Nordstroms stores that carry the ZO line I was told by the SA that the products were to be used daily also. The average consumer does not know about EDS and this blog so Iam wondering if we were not having this discussion about moisturizer * spam alert * I would be using the products like all my other products as the website indicates or as stated on the pkg. I think that their needs to be a greater education on the part of the SA in the stores that carry ZO even the ZO website product description so that the correct application is used to get the most out of the product. Just my opinion

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I would tend to agree with you, redhead. If the product should not be used daily, that definitely needs to be said on the website and package information.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
ZO products are now being sold on makemeheal.com if anyone is interested.
zoskinhealth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Justin is out of town today, so I'll address your questions,redhead and rileygirl.

I hope that this helps to clarify.

1. Dr. Obagi is opposed to simple moisturizers, particularly when used to the exclusion of products that stimulate cellular function. His position is not that all moisturizers are harmful, but rather they are cheap and easy fixes that should not be used to the exclusion of products that activate the skin cells. He's been consistent on that subject for 25 years.

That's why there is no moisturizer in the Obagi NuDerm, Elastiderm or ZO line.

2. There may someday be an Obagi product that is positioned as a moisturizer, but I can assure you, it won't be in Dr Obagi's lifetime.

3. In the ZO line, Justin has tried to explain in his posts that there is no product that is positioned as a moisturizer--the principal role of the Calm and Nourish products is to reduce irritation and inflammation, and provide
anti-oxidants. The fact that they have moisturizing properties does not qualify them as a moisturizer. Just because a muffin has sugar does not qualify it as dessert.

4. As for the packaging, every single carton recommends that the product be used as part of an integrated system. Sure, sunscreens and cleansers can be used in isolation--there's no damage done there. But the activators,
stimulators and calm and nourish products should be used as an integrated system.

I can honestly tell you that the Calm and Nourish products were not part of the original product line. In fact, during the development and testing process, the 5-step program was
originally a 4-step program. But so many people (particularly those who are not accustomed to retinoids) experienced a reaction to the Stimulate products, that Dr. Obagi wanted to add a product that reduced the
irritation. That was the inspiration and genesis of Calm and Nourish Products--they're anti-irritants in an emollient base.

People like to be told what to do. They like clear and concise instructions. Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to address each
person's needs, so we do make some generalizations on the package.

5. The Calm and Nourish products can be used every day, as indicated on the package. There is no harm in doing so, but like Justin told Bethany, it's not necessary for everyone. People need to use their good judgement. Right
now I'm taking Percoset, one of the most powerful narcotics (I had a bicycling accident 30 days ago, and sustained internal injuries, broken bones, sprained muscles, etc.) As you know, Percoset is highly addictive--it's a controlled substance and a class II narcotic--
and should be used with great discretion and caution. However, the instructions on the Rx
bottle say only "Take 1-2 tablets every 4 -12 hours." That means that I
could take anywhere from 2 tablets (at the low end), to 12 tablets (at the high end) per day. The ambiguity and room for error there is enormous, and this is a narcotic that becomes addictive with just a few tablets a day, after only 2-3 weeks. With Rx or OTC products, people need to use their good judgement. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to try to be specific, and meet everyone's needs.

6. As for the training of Nordstrom salespeople. I share your frustration there. We have a full time trainer who works exclusively on training Nordstrom sales personnel. That being said, she generally is allowed to have only about 30 minutes to an
hour with each sales associate, per month. We have some very good sales associates at Nordstrom, but not all of them are dedicated specifically to ZO. Some of them work on lots of brands. So we can't (unfortunately) expect them to be experts on ZO. Every time we offer ZO products to a new e-commerce site, we
require that their customer service people be trained on the product. Unfortunately, we can't spend hours with these people--they work on 50 other brands. There's also a very high attrition rate at retail. There are
layoffs and resignations and re-assignments to other departments (in fact, in the past month, all three have happened). So trying to keep everyone "trained" is next to impossible. I hope you can sense my frustration here,
because we do try to keep all of the Nordstrom sales associates informed about Dr. Obagi's philosophy. We would love to spend more time training these people; it just isn't always possible.

Thanks for your input; I do recognize that we need to do a better job of educating people on Dr. Obagi's philosophy, (Bethany has reminded us of that as well) and you're right, redhead, there are a lot of people who have no exposure to EDS, and so aren't privvy to any
of this. One of our objectives for 2009 is to do a much better job of educating and training, and I hope that you'll see a marked improvement.

Thanks for giving us the inspiration (and gentle kick in the rear), redhead. Your input will enable us to improve.

Donna Queen

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Donna

Thanks for the great explination and above all I hope that you are getting better and recovering. I know all to well what a terrible injury can do to ones self. I appreciate you indepth answers and you are correct trainers can't be all places at all times and even then the message sometimes does not get thru. Poor Justin having to deal with all if us. It is clearer to me know how things work, as in pain management one persons agony is anothers ouch. The same is for skin my skin in this cold may feel the need for moisterizer some nights but other people may not. So recover fast and try and have a happy holiday. Feel free to pm me about your accident I know 1st hand what you are going thru

Dale

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
ZO products are now being sold on makemeheal.com if anyone is interested.

Are you serious?

Editing to add: Well, at least they offer free shipping regardless of purchase amount, and I also found a 5% off coupon. That is much cheaper than Blissworld, which makes you pay tax AND outrageous shipping.

I purchased from Makemeheal.com (which featured a GROSS picture of someone's lower body a minute ago) when I needed some stuff for my nose surgery, but that is definitely NOT where I would go to buy anti-aging stuff. Unless you have a plastic surgery * spam alert *, who shops there on an ongoing basis??

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I only just saw some info on the ZO line recently and I am quite interested as the line is using some ingredients that previously have only been used by Remergent. I really hope that EDS will stock this line.

Hi bushy. Hi everyone.

I was really excited when I heard about zo because im a huge obagi fan.

I just bough the exfoliating cleanser and the oclipse sunscreen and primer, and the radical night repair, and I love these so far.

I bought mine from makemeheal. I called in and the people there gave me a 5% off coupon, and they offer free shipping so I think it's the best deal.

But i know nordstroms also carries the zo line too. I'll keep everyone posted on my results!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
tracyshappyskin wrote:
I just bough the exfoliating cleanser and the oclipse sunscreen and primer, and the radical night repair, and I love these so far.

Tracy, welcome to EDS. How long have you been using the ZO products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested, I did a review on the hands kit but unfortunately it got lost when the Review thread was hit by an attach of the SSCCs. In short, the ZO Hand Care Kit is one of the best sets of products I have ever used for hand care and repair. Very different to anything else on the market and very effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bushy!

I thought the Hands kit was very nice as well, though I found the scrub to be a bit scratchy. So I ended up using it on my feet, and it was awesome for that usage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
though I found the scrub to be a bit scratchy. So I ended up using it on my feet, and it was awesome for that usage.

I agree. I felt the scrub was scratchy, as well. I am using it on my lips as an exfoliator! It works great and leaves my lips really soft!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Can this line be used together with SkinBiology CP Serum?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see why not, russiansunshine. Just check the ingredients out in the ZO products, as I believe some of them contain C, which should be used 12 hours apart from the CP's.
havana8

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Just spreading the cheer!!

Magda wrote:
Yes, we will be launching ZO Skin Health on EDS in the first half of December.

Dancing Dancing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Magda wrote:

Dancing Dancing

Havana, for once wafflemania paid off! Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Magda wrote:

Dancing Dancing

That is Great news! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Magda wrote:

Dancing Dancing

That is Great news! Very Happy

WOO HOO!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am so excited about EDS getting ZO...once I heard that makemeheal had it, I knew EDS would have to get it too. They had a ZO product announcement on makemeheal, and virtually no one responded. Yet people here are clamoring to buy it.

The best part is that now our Canadian friends can order within Canada, and not have to deal with all the delivery fees, etc.

THANK YOU, DONNA!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

The best part is that now our Canadian friends can order within Canada, and not have to deal with all the delivery fees, etc.

THANK YOU, DONNA!!!!

Exactly, I've been sunscreen-less waffling about whether to bite the currency/customs bullet and just order...I can wait another couple of weeks now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
If anyone is interested, I did a review on the hands kit but unfortunately it got lost when the Review thread was hit by an attach of the SSCCs. In short, the ZO Hand Care Kit is one of the best sets of products I have ever used for hand care and repair. Very different to anything else on the market and very effective.

Here is Bushy's review...she gave it 5 stars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
My face was rather irritated this morning when I got up this morning, most likely from using Nu Derm Clear for a few days in a row. So I pulled out my ZO Overnight Recovery Creme and used that to help reduce the irritation...it worked like a charm, and my skin was more more comfortable throughout the day.

It's too bad that Obagi Medical insists on sticking with that horrid Nu Derm Action...I am sure people using Nu Derm would appreciate a soothing product that doesn't sting like the Action does. Rolling Eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |