Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I've been using Remergent at night (after RNR). It seems that I'm wasting it by doing so. Better to use in the day time since it's light activated. I didn't know that. OH well, it's useful hanging around here on this forum. I'm always picking up new information.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Justin, is the eye cream only good for 6 months after opening? Does that mean that one should stop using it after 6 months? I am nearing that mark and have not made a dent in the eye cream.

I am amazed that you use so little. You must just wave it over your eyes. Using twice a day will certainly see all mine used up in probably 4 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Oh dear, I've been using Remergent at night (after RNR). It seems that I'm wasting it by doing so. Better to use in the day time since it's light activated. I didn't know that. OH well, it's useful hanging around here on this forum. I'm always picking up new information.

I have no idea where this light activation stuff started but if you follow the Remergent routine, you can use Remergent products am and pm with no waiting times for anything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 am      Reply with quote
The word "photosomes" in the ingredients. Any scientists here to explain?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Justin, is the eye cream only good for 6 months after opening? Does that mean that one should stop using it after 6 months? I am nearing that mark and have not made a dent in the eye cream.

I am amazed that you use so little. You must just wave it over your eyes. Using twice a day will certainly see all mine used up in probably 4 months.

Well, I don't know about "waving it" over my eyes, but I definitely don't put a huge glob on either! I use enough that I have keep smoothing it so that it absorbs. How much are you using, Bushy?

And, maybe this is another question for Justin. JUSTIN, maybe you should go through every product you have and tell us how much of all the products we actually should be using so that we are getting the full benefit.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
m1rox wrote:

I have no idea where this light activation stuff started but if you follow the Remergent routine, you can use Remergent products am and pm with no waiting times for anything.

Bushy, I posted about it on the Remergent thread at the time that the Remergent-trained skin care advisor directed me to do as such.

Did you hear otherwise when you went to Remergent training? Or they did not mention that at all?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So what is the little container with the "6" in it for on the back of the eye cream jar?

Hi Bethany,

With regard to the PAO mark (Period After Opening) it means we stand behind the product that for 6 months after opening it will not cause harm (per the regulation the EU requires). If the product is stored properly, it should last years, but we cannot assume that consumers do this. If the product looks and smells the same, and the viscosity has not changed, continue to use it. If it does not, environmental conditions may be affecting the product (i.e. lots of steam in the bathroom and the lid is not on tight).

While it’s not impossible, degradation of the product is highly unlikely.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
The word "photosomes" in the ingredients. Any scientists here to explain?

Gawd knows, not a 'scientist', but here's the definition from http://www.skincaredictionary.com (This is a handy little site to bookmark BTW.. Very Happy )

Photosomes (Remergent ingredient)

Definition: Liposomes encapsulating a DNA repair enzyme from ocean plankton. Unique in their ability to harness light energy for defense, Photosomes have been proven in clinical research to improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin.

Products that Contain Photosomes (Remergent ingredient
)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I had a question: Since using the ZO sunscreen which I love I have noticed that my foundation has changed color a bit. Has this happened to anyone else. I know it has a slight tint to it could that be the reason.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I noticed in your notes on the bottom of your post that you've got your eye on "STOP". What's that?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Kassy, I noticed in your notes on the bottom of your post that you've got your eye on "STOP". What's that?

Here is the thread...feel free to join us over there:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30899

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
bethany wrote:
So what is the little container with the "6" in it for on the back of the eye cream jar?

Hi Bethany,

With regard to the PAO mark (Period After Opening) it means we stand behind the product that for 6 months after opening it will not cause harm (per the regulation the EU requires).

So the provision is theoretically saying that some "harm" might come after 6 months of being opened. Very interesting...how do they come up with the 6 months? Is it based on ingredients?

We have learned so much from you! Sorry we (I) torture you...my brain just never stops asking questions. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is it by FDA regulations?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
If the product is stored properly, it should last years, but we cannot assume that consumers do this.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

And, 1 more question for you Justin, what exactly is proper storage? Are you just meaning jar closed tight, or are you talking store in the fridge, etc?
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Is it by FDA regulations?

Hi Sister Sweets,

No, it's not an FDA, or even a USA, regulation. It's a requirement for cosmetics sold in the EU.

Bethany, I'm going to have to go back and look up the information regarding the determination of the PAO mark for products under 30 months of shelf life. I should have the details up on EDS sometime on Monday.

I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYIguy wrote:
bethany wrote:

Hi Bethany,

With regard to the PAO mark (Period After Opening) it means we stand behind the product that for 6 months after opening it will not cause harm (per the regulation the EU requires).

So the provision is theoretically saying that some "harm" might come after 6 months of being opened. Very interesting...how do they come up with the 6 months? Is it based on ingredients?

We have learned so much from you! Sorry we (I) torture you...my brain just never stops asking questions. Embarassed

Yes interesting. Do they have someone use the product for 6 months as it would be used when purchased and then test it to see if the product has deteriorated in that time? Or have there been tests conducted on life of specific active ingredients and calculations then made depending on the total ingredients? I assume it is like the 'use by' dates we have on food in Oz (it may be called something else in the States or Canada). I often wonder how they are determined, because in many cases the items doesn't last as long as it should, and in other cases, it lasts far longer. I guess that depends on optimum conditions as well.

I like having that symbol on products, but the problem is if it says 6 months I am wary of using it longer. If it says 6 months and Justin says it could last 24 months, that's a problem in itself. I'm more likely to throw out a jar if it is over the 6 months (might make it to 7) because I don't want to waste time using a product that may not be working as well as it should.

Also 'not causing harm' is not the same as 'not working as well as it did in the beginning' particularly with active ingredients.

So many questions...

Justin and Donna, I really appreciate your advice in this forum and the questions are asked not to put you on the spot but simply to clarify for ourselves. Thanks for your feedback.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bushy wrote:
m1rox wrote:

Bushy, I posted about it on the Remergent thread at the time that the Remergent-trained skin care advisor directed me to do as such.

Did you hear otherwise when you went to Remergent training? Or they did not mention that at all?

I purchased the Remergent products directly from them when they first started selling them and, at that time, they were extremely helpful with details on application, how much to use, and how to apply. At no time was there ever any mention of waiting times with DNA Repair or that it required light activation.
I think that there may be a misconception about photosomes with some skin care sellers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bushy wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Well, I don't know about "waving it" over my eyes, but I definitely don't put a huge glob on either! I use enough that I have keep smoothing it so that it absorbs. How much are you using, Bushy?

And, maybe this is another question for Justin. JUSTIN, maybe you should go through every product you have and tell us how much of all the products we actually should be using so that we are getting the full benefit.

If you are familiar with the Remergent Microcirculation Therapy tube, I am using about the same amount on each eye as this tube dispenses.
The one thing I learnt from Remergent was that it is very necessary to use an appropriate amount. Too little and you may as well go and smell the roses as you won't be using enough to have the appropriate effect and too much is just wasting money.
ZO really need to start providing specific information on application amount and procedures. For such a high end product, it is very lacking in this area and raises the question as to the specifics of their testing. If testing has been done and results measured, then they should know the appropriate application amounts to achieve those results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes I'd really like to know how much of the sunscreen I need to apply to get the SPF30 that's stated. If it's the standard one quarter teaspoonful, it would really break the bank as the product is quite costly.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

ZO really need to start providing specific information on application amount and procedures. For such a high end product, it is very lacking in this area and raises the question as to the specifics of their testing. If testing has been done and results measured, then they should know the appropriate application amounts to achieve those results.

I'm thankful to Bushy for bringing this up. I've experienced few cases recently, when US suppliers of skin care were talking dismissively about EU- or FDA regulations, which were taken for the safety of customers. I mean, where is the point to sell a 1,5 oz creme, when the actives lose their effectiveness after few weeks only.
Ms Anna is right, having the actives still active and "not causing harm" is not exactly the same. The difference between 6 and 24 months sounds just too long for me....
There is also at least one easy solution : an advice about the right dosage and the true time, when the product really loses its effectiveness - and then producing the packaging with the right amount in it, so people can use it up in time.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I am bumping my question to Justin, as I see there are at least several of us that would like more specific instructions on how much of each product to actually use to get the full benefit from the products. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I heard the same as Beth. That the best use was daytime due to the light activation component.

Or maybe I read it from Beth's post. Laughing Actually I thought I read it on the site, but maybe not.

bethany wrote:
bushy wrote:
m1rox wrote:

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
The first I heard about the activation thing was from Beth...I think she got it from the ebay vendor. It wasn't on the website & you would think he would have mentioned it in his book.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
The first I heard about the activation thing was from Beth...I think she got it from the ebay vendor. It wasn't on the website & you would think he would have mentioned it in his book.

Agreed. I have only seen the light activation issue mentioned from an Ebay vendor that Bethany quoted (and I have been reading the Remergent posts on here pretty closely). So long as the Remergent founder does not mention anything about it in his book or on the website, I think we can forget about it. I use Remergent DNA Repair in the night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I guess since it's been sold and who know's the fate of the product - it doesn't matter anyway!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |