Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
marina wrote:
The first I heard about the activation thing was from Beth...I think she got it from the ebay vendor. It wasn't on the website & you would think he would have mentioned it in his book.

Agreed. I have only seen the light activation issue mentioned from an Ebay vendor that Bethany quoted (and I have been reading the Remergent posts on here pretty closely). So long as the Remergent founder does not mention anything about it in his book or on the website, I think we can forget about it. I use Remergent DNA Repair in the night.

The ebay vendor owned her own skin care facility, so it wasn't a garage business, lol.

Justin checked with the chemist and clarified that we should not need to wait (see his post many posts back), so let's move on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have word on the RNR replacements from EDS?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Anyone have word on the RNR replacements from EDS?

I haven't heard a peep, but I haven't called them about it either.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
To Bethany and anyone else who has been using ZO for months and months now, do you feel that ZO has been worth the price tag? Has it outperformed what you were using before? And are there visible differences emerging in the appearance of your skin? TIA!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
To Bethany and anyone else who has been using ZO for months and months now, do you feel that ZO has been worth the price tag? Has it outperformed what you were using before? And are there visible differences emerging in the appearance of your skin? TIA!

I have been using ZO since the beginning of September. My skin was looking pretty good with 302 and Retin A 1-2x week prior to that, but I took a recommended 2 week vacation from 302 and tried ZO...I ended up staying with ZO for daily usage, and now use 302 when I dermaroll.

ZO did not produce rapid, huge changes for me...it was far more subtle, but evident. What ZO has really done is allow me to use high levels of topicals that I could not tolerate in the past without a lot of irritation. And that has resulted in my skin looking a lot smoother, healthier, etc. Even my VISIA results showed a change after starting ZO.

I started getting compliments within a month or so...I got yet another today at Target. Some lady and I chatted about tshirts, and then she told me that I was very pretty and patted her cheek which I took to mean my skin. I didn't get compliments like that prior to ZO, so I think that speaks volumes in itself.

As far as justifying the price tag...yes, it has been worth it for me. However, I have made cutbacks in areas of lesser importance to support my ZO habit. Embarassed And I am also saving money by the sheer virtue of no longer having to try a gazillion new lines to find my HG. I have spent waaay too much on various lines just to find out that I could not tolerate them after 2 weeks, that they did nothing for me, or that they caused significant zits. Mad

I stretch my ZO RNR by still alternating with Retin A a couple of times a week at night. However, I really have a hard time doing this because I just prefer using the ZO products. Embarassed I also use the Relastin Eye Silk in the mornings (and use ZO at night) and only use the Growth Factor Serum once a day unless it is after a dermaroll.

I also try to buy when there is a promotion of some sort...I picked up free cleansers at Blissworld and ZO before they came to EDS, and I snatched up 2 Anti-Aging kits here at EDS so that I could get the free DPD. (yes, I am cheap Very Happy ).

But what ZO will not do is resolve significant issues with acne, hyperpigmenation, etc. That is in part why I use Retin A and Vivite Vibrance.

I hope that helps...let me know if you have any specific questions!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany. So I assume you use the Retin A for the acne and the Vivite for the hyperpigmentation. Do you think that the 1% Retinol in the ZO isn't enough for the acne and that's why you're still using the Retin A? How is the pore treatment going?

I would like to use it more for the wrinkle side of things so I hope that will help as I read in one of the interviews with Dr Obagi that some of the products have 1% Retinol.

Does the Vivite Vibrance help with hyperpigmentation? I know you did Obagi so maybe that has started things off and now you're just maintaining. What about if you haven't used Obagi? Do you think it's a good product for hyperpigmentation? I know this is a ZO thread so you may want to pm me about the Vivite.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets.....I emailed EDS three times last week about the RNR because I am one of those who has a defective one and I have not yet had a reply. I find that a bit strange since I usually get replies within two hours after I email customer services. However, when I do get a reply I'll let you know.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Hi Bethany. So I assume you use the Retin A for the acne and the Vivite for the hyperpigmentation. Do you think that the 1% Retinol in the ZO isn't enough for the acne and that's why you're still using the Retin A? How is the pore treatment going?

I would like to use it more for the wrinkle side of things so I hope that will help as I read in one of the interviews with Dr Obagi that some of the products have 1% Retinol.

Does the Vivite Vibrance help with hyperpigmentation? I know you did Obagi so maybe that has started things off and now you're just maintaining. What about if you haven't used Obagi? Do you think it's a good product for hyperpigmentation? I know this is a ZO thread so you may want to pm me about the Vivite.

Retin A is stronger than the retinol in ZO, and I continue to use it because 1) it is the only thing I have found that consistently keeps my hormonal acne away, and 2) I happen to have a bunch on hand. Very Happy

Regarding Obagi Nu Derm - I failed at 2 weeks, and just couldn't handle the extreme irritation. Embarassed

The magic formula for me from a hyperpigmentation statndpoint was Vivite Vibrance used once a day, and I added in the Obagi C-Rx Clarifying Serum to pep it up even more.

You can read about my results and see pics (page 11) on this melasma thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31060&highlight=vibrance

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sister Sweets.....I emailed EDS three times last week about the RNR because I am one of those who has a defective one and I have not yet had a reply. I find that a bit strange since I usually get replies within two hours after I email customer services. However, when I do get a reply I'll let you know.

I had to call last time I had a problem...I suspect there is someone different handling email replies now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany....thanks for the info. I will call on Monday. I think they need a new person to handle email replies. The first email I sent was last Tuesday and I have not yet had a reply to that one.

Also, I'm still using my RNR even though it is one of the defective ones. I don't know whether or not I should be doing that but since I'm using the entire range I don't really want to leave out that step. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not I should use the defective RNR?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth wrote:
This liquid will dispel after just one or two pumps, and the balance of the product is perfectly fine and safe to use.

PS Just because we are voluntarily and proactively addressing this problem, don't be concerned that the product is in any way unsafe. It's perfectly OK, it's just not "perfect"!

Donna Queen

I would take Donna at her word and hope EDS resolves the issue quickly. I think they're not answering because they're working out the logistics with ZO..at least that's what I hope. I've noticed that they don't reply unless they're sure.

Please let us know, I don't want to bombard them (unless I have to Laughing ).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee - I did have one container that had liquid at multiple points (not just the top), and it also had a very strong chemical smell...I threw that one away.

But the one I just got in my kit from EDS had fluid at the top, and then appeared to look and smell fairly normal...I am using that with no worries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bethany....thanks for the info. I will call on Monday. I think they need a new person to handle email replies. The first email I sent was last Tuesday and I have not yet had a reply to that one.

Also, I'm still using my RNR even though it is one of the defective ones. I don't know whether or not I should be doing that but since I'm using the entire range I don't really want to leave out that step. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not I should use the defective RNR?

You can certainly use the RNR, just give it a good shake. I have used one that separated and as soon as I saw it start to pump the watery fluid, I just gave it a good shake and it worked fine after that. The consistency may seem a little drier but the product is still just as effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Bushy and Bethany....I'll just give mine a little shake, then, but it's good to know that I can still use it. I didn't want to throw it away, but at the same time it didn't make much sense to use a product that wasn't effective and/or could even be somewhat harmful. Thank's for your advice. I really want to continue to use the whole system and not leave out an important step.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I think the pump on that batch of RNR is also defective becaue it doesn't seem to dispense product evenly. Sometimes very little comes out and you have to keep on pressing a few times. The pump on the Oclipse sunscreen seems to be more reliable. I hope they fix the pump issue soon and EDS send us replacements because it's rather annoying considering the VERY high price of the product. They could at least give us a decent pump.
zoskinhealth_DQ

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I apologize for the delay responding to you on numerous issues. I've had problems with the site (so you can see that I've changed my username slightly).

Re: Replacement Radical Night Repair ordered from the ZO website.

These have already been mailed to you.

Re: Replacement products from EDS.

The delay has been caused due to logistical questions. It would be easier, cheaper, faster and more efficient if ZO mailed direct to you--we'd avoid the time, costs and labor associated with double-shipping. So we offered to do that. However, there are privacy rules regarding purchases made from EDS, so the company wishes to tri-angulate it--so ZO has shipped to EDS, and after they receive it, they will repack and remail to you. Unfortunately, this is neither fast nor efficient, but EDS is doing it with the best of intentions.

Re: Malfunctioning pumps.

We don't make the pumps (or any of the jars, etc.), and airless pumps are notoriously imperfect. As you may know, Perricone has had enormous problems and recalls on their new airless packaging. The whole concept of airless packaging (which protects the cream/lotion, etc. from exposure to air) is only about 18 months old, and the art of airless pumps just hasn't been perfected yet. I had the same problem with my favorite shower gel this morning--probably just a little has dried in the dispensing cap.

Re: Safety/Efficacy of Product

The separation with the product is strictly cosmetic. It's a combination of oil and water that has risen to the top, and neither of these will affect the safety or efficacy of the product--not even one little bit. If there was any problem, I assure you, we would have a recall. We took this initiative because you're right, this product is expensive, and it should be perfect. Anything less than that should not be acceptable (not in our book, anyhow). We're not going to make excuses or ask for forgiveness, within 24 hours of realizing that there was a problem, we proactively volunteered to replace the product--picking up the (double!) shipping and handling as well.

Re: Dispensing Instructions

We've gotten feedback from you requesting more specific guidelines, and new usage instructions are being added to the packaging. Unfortunately, it takes a while for old packaging to be replenished and replaced with new packaging, so this will be a gradual change and vary by product. In the meantime, we certainly can tighten the usage instructions on the website. Barry DiBernardo, one of the nation's leading plastic surgeons, told me recently that people like a cookbook approach--avoid the use of words like "liberal" and "generous", and be more specific. That we will do.

Hope this answers your questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Donna, could you or Justin please post the revised instructions (and recommended usage amounts) by product here too?

BTW, I think the ZO customer service and knowledge sharing here on EDS is exceptional...thanks for spending the time that you do here with us, because we know that you are certainly not obligated to do so.

THANKS!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Donna, could you or Justin please post the revised instructions (and recommended usage amounts) by product here too?

BTW, I think the ZO customer service and knowledge sharing here on EDS is exceptional...thanks for spending the time that you do here with us, because we know that you are certainly not obligated to do so.

THANKS!!! Very Happy

I agree. It was be nice with so many people using the products here on EDS, if we could get the instructions listed here as well.

And, Thank You, Donna for addressing all of our questions!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Donna for responding to the efficacy of the RNR and reassuring us of it's safety. You're exceptional customer service, honesty and integrity are the reasons why I choose ZO Skin Health. Also, the products are truly remarkable.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Great email Donna...

Thanks.

I am loving the products and appreciate (like everyone) the obvious amazing customer service. Sorry for the EDS turnaround thing. It sure isn't efficient or cost-effective but we appreciate what ZO is doing to back the product up.

I'm one of those who is okay with terms like ...liberal or generous - but hey if you spell it out - I'll go for that too.

Best - Sis
havana8

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I have been using ZO since the beginning of September. My skin was looking pretty good with 302 and Retin A 1-2x week prior to that, but I took a recommended 2 week vacation from 302 and tried ZO...I ended up staying with ZO for daily usage, and now use 302 when I dermaroll.

ZO did not produce rapid, huge changes for me...it was far more subtle, but evident. What ZO has really done is allow me to use high levels of topicals that I could not tolerate in the past without a lot of irritation. And that has resulted in my skin looking a lot smoother, healthier, etc. Even my VISIA results showed a change after starting ZO.

I started getting compliments within a month or so...I got yet another today at Target. Some lady and I chatted about tshirts, and then she told me that I was very pretty and patted her cheek which I took to mean my skin. I didn't get compliments like that prior to ZO, so I think that speaks volumes in itself.

Thanks for the detailed description, Bethany. Smile That, along with all the ongoing education and support from Justin and Donna, is very helpful. I think it is impressive, especially given the cost, that ZO feels the products should be just so and is "guaranteeing" that level of quality. That's a wow that you don't see very often. And although it sounds as if it would be easier for ZO to ship the replacement jars, I have to appreciate EDS's efforts to respect everyone's privacy, too. And at least the sense of urgency has been lifted now with Donna's great and informative post.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Below is the usage information being used on our new packaging (which I’m told by Operations goes into circulation this week). If I remember correctly, it was actually a conversation here on EDS that led us to the change / addition of this information. With regard to the information below, please remember it is based on the terrible imperfect concept of an “average face.” These are more guidelines which can be adjusted per someone’s particular face / skin conditions.

As always, thank you for the questions and suggestions. We take your input seriously!

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

Hydrating and Exfoliating Cleansers: Moisten hands with lukewarm water; apply a small amount to damp face and neck. Rub in a circular motion for one minute; rinse for 30 seconds.

Exfoliating Polish: : Moisten hands with lukewarm water; apply a small amount to damp face and neck. Gently massage skin in a circular motion, adding water as necessary. Rinse thoroughly.

Daily Power Defense: Depress pump 2-3 times; apply over face and neck every morning. Massaging skin for up to one minute increases absorption, penetration and cellular stimulation.

Radical Night Repair: Depress pump once; apply over face and neck every evening. Massaging skin for up to one minute increases absorption, penetration and cellular stimulation.

Growth Factor Serum: Depress pump once; apply over face and neck every morning and evening. Massaging skin for up to one minute increases absorption, penetration and cellular stimulation.

Daily Renewal Crème: Depress pump 1-2 times; apply over face and neck every morning.

Overnight Recovery Crème: Depress pump 1-2 times; apply over face and neck every morning.

Intensive Eye Repair: Place small dots around the outer eye area and massage into skin until fully absorbed.

Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30: Depress pump 2-3 times; apply over face and neck every morning after moisturizing as part of the ZO Skin Health Program. Apply evenly before sun exposure. Reapply as needed or after swimming, perspiring, towel drying or extended sun exposure.

Microderm Hand Renewal: Rub between dry hands for a few seconds so the shea butter can melt. Smoot and massage in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Allow product to sit for a minute so hydrators and oils can be absorbed. Rinse thoroughly with water, blot dry.

Daily Hand Repair SPF 20: Apply liberally before sun exposure. Reapply as needed or after washing hands, swimming, perspiring, towel drying or extended sun exposure.

Overnight Hand Recovery: Generously smooth into hands, wrists and cuticles before bedtime.

Body Emulsion: Massage all over body morning and night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, Justin, for the amounts of the products to use. Great service, as always! Very Happy
door
5% products discount

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Justin, Donna, and all the "expert" ladies of Obagi and ZO,

I have a question regarding the integration of Nu-derm and ZO and hope that you can help. I'm about to start the Nu-derm for Oily Skin full regimen. From reading Donna's comment, I was thinking that I could integrate some of the ZO products to make the process a little bit more bearable, especially since I get red very easily. Primarily, I was thinking of adding the Exfoliating Polish, Daily Renewal Creme, and Growth Factor as mentioned in the earlier part of the thread. However, after much reading, I believe Justin commented that the Nu-derm products should be used on its own during the initial phase? Therefore, I'm really confuse and hope to get some clarification. I apologize ahead if I have misread or misunderstand something. I really should have copied and quoted the comments. However, after reading so many pages, my eyes are too blurred to be reading back through all of them again. Plus, I really need to get some work done. Discovering EDS is really not good for my productivity. Hopefully, it will be great for my skin. =)

Thank you for your help,
Lily
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I sent you a PM, door.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |