Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zoskinhealth_DQ

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Jade:

That's the purpose of the introductory DNA Repair Kit (before that, it was the Jumpstart Kit). Those products have much better pricing than products sold individually. Manufacturers (like us!) sell the products at very low margins, to give people the opportunity to try the products. Hopefully, they'll be hooked!! Very Happy Very Happy

We like for people to have at least a one month supply (and these kits represent at least two months' supply), because we don't promise instant results. It takes skin 30 days for one complete renewal-cellular turnover cycle.

Still not ready to buy? We can send you some mini-samples (and I mean "mini"!) Each little mini pot will let you try the product once or twice. Unfortunately, we can't sample all of our products this way because some of them need to be kept in air-tight containers. But if you want to try either of the cleansers, the exfoliating polish, Ossential DNA Repair, Ossential Growth FActor Serum, Oclipse sunscreen, either Ommerse daily renewal or overnight recovery creme, Olluminate eye cream, or any of the hand and body products, let me know (send me a pm with your home address), and we'll send some no charge samples.

Thanks for asking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth_DQ wrote:
The sample that is contained in the Nordstrom kit is the same sample that I have sent to EDS members who requested it.

Please note that ZO has sent a FREE sample of the Oclipse to EDS members who request it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Donna,

You mentioned that your EVP was currently in Singapore, will your products be available in the stores there?

Thanks in advance,

Mia
zoskinhealth_DQ

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Mia:

Almost, but not quite. Dr. Obagi will officially launch ZO in Singapore at Tangs on Orchard Road on February 23. I don't know if he'll be in the store that day, there's a press conference planned.

Our EVP is from Singapore (and lived in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur along the way), so we got the premium distribution in Asia.

Singapore, BTW, is my all time favorite city. I love it there.

Donna

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Donna,

The reason i was asking is because i was worried about the issue of not being able to buy direct from EDS (I tried directly from ZO but strangely enough, Singapore is not listed in your list of countries that you ship to) because ZO skin health will have a distributor here in SIN hence, will i have to pay a premium to buy at Tang's instead? This issue was mentioned earlier in this thread in regards to Australia. I have recently incorporated ZO products into my Nu Derm maintainance programme and am very happy with the results and wish to continue but do not want to spend even more money. I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks and Kind regards,

Mia
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did get the ZO sunscreen sample in the mail. I waited a while before contacting Donna about it and I was totally honest (a little too honest!) about me wanting it out of pure curiosity and not as a serious future customer.

Anyway, it does feel lovely, so I can see why it gets the love. However (perhaps furtunately, so that I'm not too tempted Wink ) it's too dark for me. I also think it is VERY similar to Dermalogica's Ultra Sensitive Faceblock spf 25. The texture and the color of the dermalogica product is pretty much the same (as far as I can tell) to the ZO sunscreen product. However, the dermalogica product has no zinc oxide and only about 7% titanium dioxide (which is less than ZO's 10%).

So I thought I would suggest the dermalogica product as a less expensive substitute or perhaps a supplement to the ZO skin health sunscreen. (But again, it doesn't have any zinc oxide, which is not a small detail. I actually mix it with zinc oxide based sunscreen to get a tinted sunscreen that's a decent match to my skin)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
i just receive a parcel with RNR replacement
thank you so much eds and zo!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Justin, I have a question about the RNR. Would the conversation of retinol in the RNR be compromised by using the GFS directly after applying the RNR with no wait time?

And just 1 more question. I have just started adding the GFS back in during the day time, after the DPD according to instructions. I am curious as to the order of the products and wondered if you could elaborate on why they were chosen to be used in the order they are? I am feeling like the GFS does not penetrate in my skin applying it after the DPD and wondered if there would be a problem with using the GFS first and then the DPD?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
missmia wrote:
Hi Donna,

The reason i was asking is because i was worried about the issue of not being able to buy direct from EDS (I tried directly from ZO but strangely enough, Singapore is not listed in your list of countries that you ship to) because ZO skin health will have a distributor here in SIN hence, will i have to pay a premium to buy at Tang's instead? This issue was mentioned earlier in this thread in regards to Australia. I have recently incorporated ZO products into my Nu Derm maintainance programme and am very happy with the results and wish to continue but do not want to spend even more money. I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks and Kind regards,

Mia

I second Mia's sentiments. I also live in Singapore. ZO products are already very expensive for us. I absolutely refuse to buy from Tangs if they are going to sell at a large premium. I'd rather do without the products.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I did get the ZO sunscreen sample in the mail. I waited a while before contacting Donna about it and I was totally honest (a little too honest!) about me wanting it out of pure curiosity and not as a serious future customer.

Anyway, it does feel lovely, so I can see why it gets the love. However (perhaps furtunately, so that I'm not too tempted Wink ) it's too dark for me.

Well, I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there who would like a lighter version!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I purchased my first Zo starter kit from EDS and recieved it the first week of January. I tried all of the products for the first time last night and have a question. My Radical Night Repair is real watery and clear. I shook it some more and now it's a little yellow but still quite watery. Is EDS going to just ship us the replacement product based on the time frame we bought the kits or do I have to email them to let them know I would like a replacement Radical Night Repair because I bought my kit right before Christmas? I will hang on to the one I have if they want the original one back from my kit. All of the other products are very nice. Should I wait to start using my Radical Night Repair until I get a replacement in case they need the old one back?

Just wondering if I need to let EDS know I recieved one of the kits with the seperated Raical Night Repair?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
I purchased my first Zo starter kit from EDS and recieved it the first week of January. I tried all of the products for the first time last night and have a question. My Radical Night Repair is real watery and clear. I shook it some more and now it's a little yellow but still quite watery. Is EDS going to just ship us the replacement product based on the time frame we bought the kits or do I have to email them to let them know I would like a replacement Radical Night Repair because I bought my kit right before Christmas? I will hang on to the one I have if they want the original one back from my kit. All of the other products are very nice. Should I wait to start using my Radical Night Repair until I get a replacement in case they need the old one back?

Just wondering if I need to let EDS know I recieved one of the kits with the seperated Raical Night Repair?

That is a great question, Keli13. I thought EDS would just ship the product to us automatically, but I am not sure and I am still waiting for my replacement, as well.
zoskinhealth_DQ

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Missmia and m1rox:

Sorry for the delayed response, I needed to check with our distributor in Singapore.

First, I don't want you to distrust your local retailer or companies like ZO. The upcharge on US products allows international distributors and retailers to recoup the duties imposed by customs offices, as well as the air freight. So it's not that they're being greedy, but they're making an investment in importing and building the brand, which is expensive.

Because of the global economic situation, we are asking all of our international retailers and distributors to reduce their margins. Therefore, I'm not certain about the price in Singapore, and what Tangs' selling price will be.

There is one well-known plastic surgeon, Dr Martin Huang, selling the Ossential Growth Factor Serum, Oclipse Sunscreen, Tepads, and Exfoliating Polish. His address is:
The Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
290 Orchard Road
#20-01 Paragon
Singapore 238859
Tel: (65) 6733 3372
Fax: (65) 6887 0519
Email: enquiries@cos-surg.net

I understand that he is a very prominent surgeon, and therefore am not optimistic that you'll be able to get US prices.

But this story must have a better ending.

I understand your sensitivity to the price, and will find a better solution. Thanks for letting us know of your concerns.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Anyway, it does feel lovely, so I can see why it gets the love. However (perhaps furtunately, so that I'm not too tempted Wink ) it's too dark for me.

Well, I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there who would like a lighter version!

Oh it's definitely too dark for me, and I'm not even that light. I'm an NC20 with MAC. Until a lighter version is available, you can do what I do- mix the ZO sunscreen with some zinc oxide based sunscreen in the palm of your hand. That way you get the added bonuses of both getting more zinc oxide on your skin and also making the ZO sunscreen last longer. It totally works! Very Happy

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl and Keli:

We gave Ossential Radical Night Repair to EDS in sufficient quantities so that could send a no-charge replacement to anyone and every one who ordered it after 12/1/08.

You shouldn't need to make any special requests (or wait much longer!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
zoskinhealth_DQ wrote:
Rileygirl and Keli:

We gave Ossential Radical Night Repair to EDS in sufficient quantities so that could send a no-charge replacement to anyone and every one who ordered it after 12/1/08.

You shouldn't need to make any special requests (or wait much longer!)

Thank you, Donna!
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Donna !!!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Oh it's definitely too dark for me, and I'm not even that light. I'm an NC20 with MAC. Until a lighter version is available, you can do what I do- mix the ZO sunscreen with some zinc oxide based sunscreen in the palm of your hand. That way you get the added bonuses of both getting more zinc oxide on your skin and also making the ZO sunscreen last longer. It totally works! Very Happy

I'm also NC20. I think the Oclipse has too much of a beige undertone. I'm Asian, so my undertones are more towards yellow. I get round that problem by adjusting my mineral make up foundation shade (using a more yellow-toned and lighter foundation). That's the beauty of mineral make up, it's versatile enough that you can mix your colours according to your needs.

Since there are quite a few people who feel that they need a lighter version, perhaps ZO could consider reducing the amount of iron oxides in the sunscreen so that the tint is lighter? Enough to prevent the white cast of physical sunscreens, but not so dark that it makes fairer complexions look dull. I think it would be an easy adjustment to make. Since the Obagi regime is so effective at making our skin fairer by eliminating excess pigment, most of us don't need a heavy tint on the sunscreen. And Donna, Justin, if you're eyeing the Asian market, the beige tint isn't very flattering to fair Chinese and Japanese ladies (that's a big market sector for your products).
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I can't edit the above post anymore, but I'd like to add that Nimue's suggestion to add zinc oxide to the sunscreen is also good. It would lighten up the tint and also improve the spectrum of the UV protection. A higher % of zinc oxide would increase the protection from UVA rays.
door
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have also received the Oclipse sample and I must say that I love it. I'm a light/fair Asian with pink undertone and right now, it's working very well for me. I'm not sure if the color will be as good of a match once I finish with the Obagi system. I sure hope so because I do love it. I'm usually very oily and with this sunscreen, I manage to look normal, for hours. Yeah!

Thank you Donna for the quick shipment of the samples. I have just started Nu-derm so I didn't want to introduce all the other wonderful products yet. I will be sure to incorporate them in when the time is right. Thanks again! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:
Nimue wrote:

I'm also NC20. I think the Oclipse has too much of a beige undertone. I'm Asian, so my undertones are more towards yellow. I get round that problem by adjusting my mineral make up foundation shade (using a more yellow-toned and lighter foundation). That's the beauty of mineral make up, it's versatile enough that you can mix your colours according to your needs.

I am Caucasian, but have fair skin with yellow undertones as well...it is interesting that we are all falling into the same camp.

I am doing the same think with my MMU too, but will try Nimue's recommendation as well. But I find that MMU tends to make me look a little dry so I keep hoping to do away with that eventually, sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Get ready for some TMI....

This is the first month in an eternity that I have not had a hormonal breakout. Shock Shock Shock The only changes that I have made is that I have been too lazy to use Retin A for 3+ weeks Embarassed and I added the ZO TE Pads 2+ weeks ago, and have used them 2x a day, most days. Needless to say, I am pretty happy and hope the trend continues!!

From a cost management standpoint, I am going to try to cut back to 1x a day usage. If that doesn't work, I may the keep the ZO TE Pads at 1x a day and use cheapie Stridex 1x a day...they both have 2% salycilic, but ZO also has glycolic and lots of soothers, so there is definitely a difference in quality (and price).

BTW, why are there 50 pads in there instead of 60? 60 is a one month supply at 2x day, and 2 months at 1x. But 50? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am a medium skin - some would say fair - medium. I wear either natural or sand in Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (when I wear it which is never Laughing ) And the ZO is PERFECT for me as a primer or as my base makeup. My skin tends toward oily and I have no problem at all. I love the color - it blends in beautifully. I thought it would actually be too light for me. Seems like I have the opposite problem of many.

And Beth needs 60 pads to a box!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I added the ZO TE Pads 2+ weeks ago, and have used them 2x a day, most days. Needless to say, I am pretty happy and hope the trend continues!!

From a cost management standpoint, I am going to try to cut back to 1x a day usage.

I am glad they are working for you. They really cleared my son's skin up and very quickly. He did cut back to once a day usage after his skin cleared, as he found they started to dry his skin out a little too much after a while.

And, I definitely agree with you about the 60 pads to a jar, 50 makes no sense at all.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think my skin tone is just like Bethany's. I'm Caucasian, very pale with yellow undertones and the ZO Oclipse Sunscreen just doesn't do it for me. The beige tint is not flattering and too dark. Other than the colour it is a lovely sunscreen. So silky and smooth, but the tint is all wrong for me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |