Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
ferarri wrote:
Yes, the radical night repair is half my paycheck and more than a new graduate's whole month pay in this country.

Well, lucky for me, I am using retin A 0.1 and no radical is required.

How do I make my face peel? Even on retin A 0.1, TE Pads, neostrata 10% glycolic acid lotion, I am NOT peeling! I want my face to peel so much but no luck so far.

Rolling Eyes

Why are you wanting your face to peel? Are you thinking that the ZO Skin Health line is like the Obagi Nu Derm line? (If you are thinking that, that is not correct.)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
bethany wrote:

Justin, can you please confirm if the color in Oclipse is ONLY from the melanin, or has ZO tweaked the color in addition to that?

Thanks!

I remember asking the same question and Justin mentioned that there were also some iron oxides in it to give it the tint.

Thanks...I'll test one of the other melanin sunscreens available and see how the color compares. Oclipse is the nicest sunscreen I have ever tried, but the more my pigmentation improves, the less Oclipse is an option. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
The UK Beauty Awards will acknowledge the industries best Beauty, Skincare, Bodycare, Cosmetic and Hair products as well as Fragrances and Soil Association certified Organic Products.

Quote:
Nominated by Beauty PR agencies, shortlisted by editors and voted for by the public, these exciting awards will be celebrating the very best products in the industry.

The awards ceremony will take place at 12.00pm on Friday 29 May 2009 within the spectacular Fashion Theatre, followed by a performance of the fabulous Catwalk show.

Vote for your favourite beauty product for the chance to win one of 5 pairs of tickets to Clothes Show London, a goody bag and seat in the Award Ceremony. To vote please click here

http://www.ukbeautyawards.com/

fang wrote:
Best New Skincare Product of the Year
1. Urban Retreat The Cleanser, urbanretreat.co.uk

2. L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Smoothing Exfoliator, loccitane.co.uk

3. Marks & Spencer Formula Instant Fix Midnight Beauty Cream, marksandspencer.com

4. Zo Skin HealthTM Exfoliating Cleanser, zoskinhealth.com

5. Eve Taylor Ultra Soothing Cleanser with Oatmeal & Camellia, eve-taylor.com

6. SPC Plant Collagen Night Cream, spc.co.uk

7. Artistry Crème LuXury, amway.co.uk

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
ferarri wrote:
Yes, the radical night repair is half my paycheck and more than a new graduate's whole month pay in this country.

That's not the shocking part. The shocking part is spending half your paycheck (whatever it is) on a total luxury. How do you pay your rent/bills? Food? Clothes? Are you going into debt?

Relax Nimue, she is saying that she did NOT buy the RNR. Dr. Obagi said she didn't need it.
door
5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
For anyone who hasn't signed up for the emails from the ZO website. I just got an email that the Oraser hand kit is on special for $50, regularly $90. And, the sunscreen is on special for $45.

Thanks for posting, that is indeed a very nice price for the sunscreen. Do you know when the Specials will expire? It's strange, I signed up but didn't get email notification. Anyhow, at this price, I'm tempted to load up on several and perhaps just store them in the fridge to be use over time. For all the sunscreen experts out there, do you think storing them in the fridge is a good idea? And on the fridge storage matter, what about for the rest of the ZO products?

Justin, can you advise on this cold storage matter? Also, does ZO offers free shipping over a certain amount of $? Most every site offers FS over a certain amount and frankly, ZO products are so expensive on its own that having to pay for shipping on top of it too just doesn't seem "right". Maybe there can be a code for EDS members? Pretty please! Very Happy
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:
Also, does ZO offers free shipping over a certain amount of $? Most every site offers FS over a certain amount and frankly, ZO products are so expensive on its own that having to pay for shipping on top of it too just doesn't seem "right". Maybe there can be a code for EDS members? Pretty please! Very Happy

I placed an order today, ZO offers free shipping for $50 and more. They are also giving 3 samples with purchase.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Nice - Great price on the sunscreen, free shipping and samples! Yay.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I signed up too but didn't receive that special offer. Maybe the offer is over. That would have been a good price for the sunblock.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:
I signed up too but didn't receive that special offer. Maybe the offer is over. That would have been a good price for the sunblock.

The special is still on!

http://www.zoskinhealth.com/shop/facial/spf30sunscreen
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Nimue wrote:
ferarri wrote:

That's not the shocking part. The shocking part is spending half your paycheck (whatever it is) on a total luxury. How do you pay your rent/bills? Food? Clothes? Are you going into debt?

Relax Nimue, she is saying that she did NOT buy the RNR. Dr. Obagi said she didn't need it.

I was just confused with how something like that would be possible.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
There's a reason these poor countries are called third world. Over here in Malaysia, standard of living is very cheap and the price of 1 bottle of RNR is enough to hire a housekeeper AND a chauffer for a month. And their salaries usually support large families of 4-8 people. There's a reason why it's possible for you guys to buy $10 jeans at KMart, and it's because there are too many mouths to feed here and labour is cheap! It's not right, but it's the only way these countries can survive.
Mara

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi dear all! This is Mara. I am new here. I learned a lot from you guys and just got my ZO jump start kit from Nordstorm. Like many people mentioned here, the radical night repair was covered with a film of oil leaked from the bottle, and the oil and the yellow substance in the bottle were separated when I first tried to use it. So I asked for exchange. The bottle in the new box they sent me was clean, but still, the oil and the yellow substance were separated.

The texture of radical night repair reminds me of Revive Arrete Booster C, which also uses a special delivery system to slowly release the active ingredients. This is the highest concentration of retinol I have ever used and I know I do not have good tolerance to strong retinol, so will see how it goes.

The Oclipse sunscreen has interesting texture, but I feel the shade is a bit too dark even for my Asian skin. One question about the sunscreen:

Since I do not wear makeup, Oclipse will be my last layer on the face. Do I need to use makeup removal products to get rid of it, or regular cleanser will be sufficient? I appreciate your sharing your knowledge. Thanks a lot!
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I am additive to Dr.Obagi's Zo skin health now. I am wondering whether it is too early to you as I am 30. I am a big fan of Nu-derm, and cleanser and pore therapy of Clenziderm.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Mara wrote:
Since I do not wear makeup, Oclipse will be my last layer on the face. Do I need to use makeup removal products to get rid of it, or regular cleanser will be sufficient?

I found when I used the Oclipse that I either needed to wash my face twice to make sure I had removed it all. I would try your regular cleanser, and see if you still "feel it" on your skin. If you do, try a 2nd wash (or you can use an oil cleanser, which does remove it all).
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
I am additive to Dr.Obagi's Zo skin health now. I am wondering whether it is too early to you as I am 30. I am a big fan of Nu-derm, and cleanser and pore therapy of Clenziderm.

I think at your age you can use the ZO products but you may not need the strong retinol in the night repair. Here is a link to the ZO website and shows a sample routine for a 29 year old.

http://www.zoskinhealth.com/success/in20s
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mara....welcome to the forum. To answer your question re the Oclipse Sunscreen, I don't wear make-up either. Oclipse Sunscreen is the last layer for me too,with a little blush over that. I find my regular cleanser is sufficient and removes everything.

I also have extremely sensitive skin and could never use retinol, vitamin C, copper pepetides or most anti-aging actives. However, I do tolerate the Radical Night Repair and hopefully you will too. Please keep us posted on your progress. ZO skin health is wonderful and I have no regrets in spending an enormous amount of money in order to try this skin care line.
Mara

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl and leeleedeedee, thank you so much for helping out with my question. I tried washing off Oclipse with my regular cleanser first, thinking that I can always clean up more if necessary. And it turned out that my cleanser cleaned it very well so no need for more makeup removal products. I am glad Very Happy !

And leeleedeedee, it is really encouraging to know that with sensitive skin, you can tolerate radical night repair well! I haven't dare to use it on the entire face yet, waiting for my cheek to recover from the redness from SkinCeuticals retinol 0.5% (over Nuderm's Clear). Last night, I only used it on my nose and chin, where I have been using retinol 0.5% regularly. So far no redness or dryness on these two spots. Will update about radical night repair after I start using it. Thank you very much!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
can you please confirm if the color in Oclipse is ONLY from the melanin, or has ZO tweaked the color in addition to that?

Thanks!

The ZO sunscreen contains iron oxides and I think some of the tint may be coming from this ingredient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
bethany wrote:
can you please confirm if the color in Oclipse is ONLY from the melanin, or has ZO tweaked the color in addition to that?

Thanks!

The ZO sunscreen contains iron oxides and I think some of the tint may be coming from this ingredient.

I just bought one of the other melanin sunscreens hoping it would be lighter, but it was pretty much identical, darn it. (the ZO has a peptide in it though)

I am back to mixing mine with something else, but at least I now have a much cheaper alternative since the color still isn't right.

But I would have no problem paying for ZO if they could just make an additional color for people with lighter, yellow-toned skin. (hint, hint)

5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I have just started the ZO Daily Power Defense, Radical Night Repair, Growth Factor Serum and Sunscreen/Primer for several days have been been loving them all. I have been using tretinoin 1% from my doctor and therefore experience no problem at all with this line. I am just thinking whether I still need to keep the tretinoin 1% for some nights in place of the RNR? Also I have just been told by EDS that the RNR is being reformulated and will not be available until July. Does anyone know why it has to be reformulated? Is it because of the separation problem happened before? Rolling Eyes
vanilla.pops
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
vanilla.pops wrote:
Hi all, I have just started the ZO Daily Power Defense, Radical Night Repair, Growth Factor Serum and Sunscreen/Primer for several days have been been loving them all. I have been using tretinoin 1% from my doctor and therefore experience no problem at all with this line. I am just thinking whether I still need to keep the tretinoin 1% for some nights in place of the RNR? Also I have just been told by EDS that the RNR is being reformulated and will not be available until July. Does anyone know why it has to be reformulated? Is it because of the separation problem happened before? Rolling Eyes

Opps. I mean tretinoin 0.1% (not 1%) Can't imagine how my face will be if I use 1% tretinoin. Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
vanilla.pops wrote:
Does anyone know why it has to be reformulated? Is it because of the separation problem happened before? Rolling Eyes

That is my understanding.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I know that you were using 302 and Vivite Vibrance too. And I am wondering how did you accommodate these products with ZO's products? I am also considering using Vivite to lighten my pigmentation, but fear that using glycolic acid and retinol in RNR together would be too strong for my skin. And yet at the same time I am very intrigued by 302's philosophy, which does not encourage the use of acids. So I am curious about how you managed it. And which product of 302 would you recommend the most? Thank you!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mara, if you want to use Vibrance with ZO, you will have to use the Vibrance in the morning only...the RBR does not layer over it well at all.

I'll PM you regarding 302 so that we can keep the thread on topic.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
vanilla.pops wrote:
Does anyone know why it has to be reformulated? Is it because of the separation problem happened before? Rolling Eyes

That is my understanding.

Thanks bethany, so we will not be able to have it for months? I also want to incorporate a Vit. C serum (Skinceuticals CE Ferulic indeed) in the ZO regime. Do you know if I should apply during the day before Daily Power Defense or at night before Radical Night Repair?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |