Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ZO skin health from Obagi (a new product line4anti aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
The price of the Melashade, $45, is much more reasonable than what they were originally charging for the ZO. Maybe that's why ZO has their sunscreen on special now.

The Melashade is also 1.75 oz compared to the Oclipse at 1 oz, which makes the price even more attractive.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
vanilla.pops wrote:
jom wrote:

Sunscreen should be applied every hour.

Does this mean that we have to "re"-apply sunscreen every single hour? I am using the ZO sunscreen and don't always reapply until the end of the day as I work in an office. Sometimes I do reapply before I go out for lunch if it is sunny that day. Am I doing something wrong? Should I reapply sunscreen more often even if I stay indoor most of the day?

I would assume that you would reapply only if you were out in the sun. I certainly don't reapply sunscreen every hour in my normal office life. Just my opinion, but I don't think you are doing anything wrong, and I don't think you need to continually reapply if you are indoors most of the day.

I agree with rileygirl, but if you do go out for lunch it probably wouldn't hurt to reapply sunscreen before you went out.
Mara

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using ZO Radical Night Repair for 2 weeks, probably twice a week, on the nights that I do not use Vivite Vibrance. Although I am normally very intolerant to retinols, I haven't had any problem with RNR so far. I like Growth Factor Serum very much. I got good results with Revive renewal cream with growth factor, and I like the fact that there are many amino acids in GFS. I have very dehydrated skin and am constantly feeling tight and dry on my face. The only thing that has proved to help is Atopalm cream. With summer coming, I am hoping to cut my dependence on moisturizer like what Dr. Obagi and many other drs. have proposed. I feel the growth factor serum may be able to help me achieve that, since it is quite moisturizing without leaving a film of grease on the skin. The only problem I have with the above two products is the prices. I am not sure whether I will splurge after I am done with them, especially with this economy.

I also like Oclipse the sunscreen. The shade is a bit dark even for my Asian skin, so I mix it with my Keys sunscreen (18% zinc dioxide). Nowadays I put it over my NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex, and it works great! I still have my true skin color, and yet the skin looks smoother. BTW, NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex is wonderful! I was worried about not being able to tolerate Pro-Niacin, but it turned out to be fine, and the best of all, this is one of the few products that I can tell its working after only one or two uses.
Mara

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just found that on ZO website, they are having special sales for Growth Factor Serum (now $145), Daily Power Defense (now $125), and Oclipse (now $65). I got Oclipse when it was having the special price $45.

Think I have been wanting to try Daily Power Defense. But I just got a whole new bottle of Remergent DNA Repair, and I also have NIA24, so this would be repetitive...
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question: do you use the ZO Oclipse sunscreen around the eye area? thank you
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mara wrote:
I have been using ZO Radical Night Repair for 2 weeks, probably twice a week, on the nights that I do not use Vivite Vibrance. Although I am normally very intolerant to retinols, I haven't had any problem with RNR so far. I like Growth Factor Serum very much. I got good results with Revive renewal cream with growth factor, and I like the fact that there are many amino acids in GFS. I have very dehydrated skin and am constantly feeling tight and dry on my face. The only thing that has proved to help is Atopalm cream. With summer coming, I am hoping to cut my dependence on moisturizer like what Dr. Obagi and many other drs. have proposed. I feel the growth factor serum may be able to help me achieve that, since it is quite moisturizing without leaving a film of grease on the skin. The only problem I have with the above two products is the prices. I am not sure whether I will splurge after I am done with them, especially with this economy.

I also like Oclipse the sunscreen. The shade is a bit dark even for my Asian skin, so I mix it with my Keys sunscreen (18% zinc dioxide). Nowadays I put it over my NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex, and it works great! I still have my true skin color, and yet the skin looks smoother. BTW, NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex is wonderful! I was worried about not being able to tolerate Pro-Niacin, but it turned out to be fine, and the best of all, this is one of the few products that I can tell its working after only one or two uses.

I agree - I like the NIA24 SSC as well! I think the RNR has a fairly good % of active ingredients, although it's proprietary information.

How are you going to incorporate DNA Remergent in your routine? You are presumably aware that this product is being discontinued since the company has been taken over. From feedback, it seems that you need more than one bottle for it to start showing effects.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
yeeyaw wrote:
I have a question: do you use the ZO Oclipse sunscreen around the eye area? thank you

Yes, I do.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I have tried ZO Skin Health Offects Exfoliating Polish, honestly, I think it's overrated, don't see any big difference with Clarin gentle exfoliating refiner.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been using many of the ZO products since January and now two months later I will say my skin is nice - smoother somehow. I am going to attribute some of my results to these products. I alternate RNR with retin a at night and use the growth factor serum also. I use ZO in the morning most days also - alternate with a C-serum. I found the smell of RNR a bit much at first but got used to it. I love the Occlipse Sunscreen. I also like the cleanser with the little beads in it. It was in the anti-aging jumpstart kit and it's very nice.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
yeeyaw.....I do use the ZO Oclipse Sunscreen around the eye area without irritation. I followed Bethany's advice who does the same thing.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering, for those of you that mix the Oclipse with other sunscreen, can you only use physical sunscreens, or are chemical ones OK too? Specifically I am thinking of the Bioderma ones. Thanks!
Mara

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I agree - I like the NIA24 SSC as well! I think the RNR has a fairly good % of active ingredients, although it's proprietary information.

How are you going to incorporate DNA Remergent in your routine? You are presumably aware that this product is being discontinued since the company has been taken over. From feedback, it seems that you need more than one bottle for it to start showing effects.

Mlrox, yes, I am aware that Remergent DNA Repair is being discontinued. In fact, that was why I decided to stock up. My current bottle is my second one. I do not use it everyday. I alternate with C serum or NIA24 or Revive serum, and sometimes on top of one of these. I like the idea that DNA Repair is paired with Vit C or niacinamide, as suggested by Dr. Yarosh.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first I've heard that Remergent DNA Repair is being discontinued! WHY? I'm very sad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
This is the first I've heard that Remergent DNA Repair is being discontinued! WHY? I'm very sad.

Estee Lauder bought the company and then shut down production of the products. There's a Remergent DNA thread on the Product Reviews section of the forum with more information.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I hope Estee Lauder mass produces.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Oh, I hope Estee Lauder mass produces.

Do you really think the product will be the same, witht he same amount of actives? I don't think so..EL is out for the buck, profit and that's all...they'll throw in fairy dust and call it a day.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is per Dr. Obagi's blog on the ZO Skin website:

"I worked with Dan Yarosh (the guy who developed Remergent) and I’m convinced that he’s the reason that Estee Lauder bought Remergent–rumor has it that he is now VP, R&D of Estee Lauder."
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is per Dr. Obagi's blog on the ZO Skin website:

"I worked with Dan Yarosh (the guy who developed Remergent) and I’m convinced that he’s the reason that Estee Lauder bought Remergent–rumor has it that he is now VP, R&D of Estee Lauder."

WOW! So I can hope he'll keep the formulations the same. I wonder what they'll call it and when it'll come out?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
There is a chance that we may end up with even more cutting edge products as Estee Lauder probably has more money to throw at it then Remergent did. I also think that perhaps Remergent was not staffed to handle all the enquiries re the skincare line as the company was originally intended to research and produce medical products specifically for skin cancers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
There is a chance that we may end up with even more cutting edge products as Estee Lauder probably has more money to throw at it then Remergent did. I also think that perhaps Remergent was not staffed to handle all the enquiries re the skincare line as the company was originally intended to research and produce medical products specifically for skin cancers.

That would be wonderful, but I think it's more likely that the Estee Lauder money grabbers will water down any formulations in order to make maximum profits at lowest costs, unfortunately. I wouldn't trust their formulation. Even if Dr Yarosh is in charge of R&D now, the money-makers won't allow him to endanger their obscene profits.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
bushy wrote:

That would be wonderful, but I think it's more likely that the Estee Lauder money grabbers will water down any formulations in order to make maximum profits at lowest costs, unfortunately. I wouldn't trust their formulation. Even if Dr Yarosh is in charge of R&D now, the money-makers won't allow him to endanger their obscene profits.

That's what they done with every other line they've gobbled up. Keep your old bottle of remergent DNA repair. If they ever come out twith their own version, it'll be interesting to compare ingredients.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't recommend a chemical sunscreen, ever.

fat_swan wrote:
I was wondering, for those of you that mix the Oclipse with other sunscreen, can you only use physical sunscreens, or are chemical ones OK too? Specifically I am thinking of the Bioderma ones. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Right now I'm putting a layer of Keys sunscreen around my eyes and right after that I put a layer of ZO oclipse around my eyes (easier to layer than to mix in my hand and it works really well and that way I'm really confident that my eye area is protected from the sun). Then I use Devita everywhere else.

I've ordered the melashade sunscreen from lovelyskin.com and I'm anxious to see how it compares. I suspect it will be virtually the same, in which case I will definitely switch to melashade.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I placed an order for Melashade eons ago and have been on backorder ever since.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nimue, can you please elaborate...? hmm

Nimue wrote:
I wouldn't recommend a chemical sunscreen, ever.

fat_swan wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |