Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I'm cross posting this new recipe from the "For Vitamin C DIYers" thread, as requested.

This is what I recommend to use as your base. (I've been working on this serum for the 'Roller Girls' in particular, but most will love it, so it priemiers today.. ) Okay, so this will be the base;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ds-laboratories-viterol-a-p_7303.htm

You'll also need "Distilled water" (nothing else will do!), that you can buy in any grocery store. Also pick up a small bottle of Vitamin E capsules (for an added boost.)

So here it is all together;

What you need;

- Amber or dark colored 1oz dropper bottle
- Ascorbic Acid crystals or powder
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E capsule
- Viterol A for Face (It has vitamin A + Ferulic acid already in there, and the PH is low.. It will give you a perfectly lovely C serum)

Recipe for 15% 1oz Vitamin C serum; (Do not be tempted to increase the %, it isn't necessary!)

- 1 tsp Ascorbic Acid powder or crystals
- 3 tsp Distilled water
- 2 tsp Viterol A (If you only use this for formulating, you'll have enough to make a years worth of serums!)
- 2 Vitamin E capsules (you'll pierce it, and squeeze the contents into the Viterol A)

Here's how to do it;

Use two shot glasses. In one measure in 1 tsp of Ascorbic Acid, then add the 3 tsp of distilled water to it. Stir a bit, and allow to dissolve completely (5 to 10 minutes).

In the other shot glass, measure in the 2 tsp of Viterol A, then squeeze in the 2 Vitamin E capsule contents and mix this thouroughly.

Once the Ascorbic Acid has "fully" dissolved in the first shot glass, you'll combine the two. Stir well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle..

It is a very stable formulation, and will remain so if kept out of heat and direct light. It will last 2 to 3 months depending on how liberally you use it.

Just an FYI to all my DIY buddies out there.. I came up with this recipe about a month ago, and have been testing it on myself to be sure it was good (I'm also hearing Raves about it, from those I made some for, or shared with!!)... All I can say, is that I believe you won't find a better combination of ingredients, in a very stable base, no matter how much money you spend.. Of course like anything else, it won't be for everyone.

All in all, if you follow my recipe, here's the *main* goodies you'll have;

Vit C - Both AA + Oil soluble varieties
Vit E
Vit A
Ferulic Acid
D-Panthenol (Pro B-5)

And a nanosome delivery system to boot!

If any of you try it, please share what you think here so others can benefit .. Hint, hint to you guys that rave to me in PM's and don't want to share ..

***Be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen/MMU while using this***

Oh yeah, expect a little peeling the first week or so. With continued use you can expect some firmness, in addition to the usual benefits of C serums.

It's a lovely consistency serum, which is absorbed very quickly. Work on one section of skin at a time, and massage in till absorbed. It's the only C serum I ever tried that didn't even give me one blackhead..

A 1oz bottle used on face, neck, decollete' and backs of hands will last about 2 to 3 months, depending how liberal you are...No worry's about oxidation unless you keep it uncapped or expose it to extreme light or heat. If you keep it in fridge, it automatically remains more potent!

I hope you all like it, but please share your thoughts good or bad.. It's how I learn to improve things .. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Dr. Kassy for posting your new forumula. Tell me or us more about Viterol A for Face, where can I find this gem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
The link is at the very top of my recipe post, and you can get it right here at EDS.. Price is fabulous, especially with the discount and cheapo shipping..

Check out this link for Viterol A Face;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31623

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
The link is at the very top of my recipe post, and you can get it right here at EDS.. Price is fabulous, especially with the discount and cheapo shipping..

d'oh, I'm an idiot at times, or I just got to excited. =)

Here are the ingredients for that stuff,

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CUCUMBER EXTRACT, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TIPEPTIDE-10 CITRULLINE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-5, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8, ACETYL TETRAPEPTIDE-5, UBIQUINONE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CARBOMER, POLYSORBATE-20, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

d'oh, I'm an idiot at times, or I just got to excited. =)

Here are the ingredients for that stuff,

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CUCUMBER EXTRACT, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, TIPEPTIDE-10 CITRULLINE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-5, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8, ACETYL TETRAPEPTIDE-5, UBIQUINONE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, CARBOMER, POLYSORBATE-20, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER EXTRACT

NOT!

Here are the ingredients for Viterol A Face, (I don't know what the heck that is you posted.. Confused )

Active Ingredients in descending order 29% in total;

- Viotrozene 16%
- Almond Oil
- Nanosomes of Kinetin
- Matrixyl
- Ferulic Acid
- Grapeseed Extract
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- vitamin E
- D-Panthenol (B)
- Gingko Biloba
- Chestnut Extract

Here's the link again! I don't know what the heck you have up there... Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ds-laboratories-viterol-a-p_7303.htm

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassie - Okay next idiot question (I know you've told me this and I have it but for everyone else:)

.....Where to get the proper containers?????

.....Ascorbic acid crystals - where do you get these also - favorite place? I know skinactives has them.

I am going to make this - by darn it!!!! Was it you who wrote about this base cream in another post - or I think it may have been someone else who was raving about it and how inexpensive.

thanks again for sharing the wealth!

Hugs,
Sis
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Kassie - Okay next idiot question (I know you've told me this and I have it but for everyone else:)

.....Where to get the proper containers?????

.....Ascorbic acid crystals - where do you get these also - favorite place? I know skinactives has them.

I am going to make this - by darn it!!!! Was it you who wrote about this base cream in another post - or I think it may have been someone else who was raving about it and how inexpensive.

thanks again for sharing the wealth!

Hugs,
Sis

Yes, It was me in the other post also.. A few people PM'd me because they couldn't find the recipe, so I thought I'd put it here too..

I've been using the 'cobalt blue' bottles, and L-Ascorbic Acid from http://www.thepersonalformulator.com

It's really all pretty much the same wherever you buy.. If you happen to find a place that has the amber or cobalt 'pump' 1oz bottles, all the better.. (I'm still working on the dozen I bought a year ago)

This one is a cinch Sis.. Print out my post, and you will find making it a breeze.. The Viterol A as a base makes it fool proof really..

Hope you like it.. It's working out great for me!

Try it 1/2 hour before your LED treatment a few times, and I'm sure you'll be impressed.. Very Happy

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bless you.... Using my red light right now - kind of a trick to type and use my arm to wedge it on my face. Laughing I'm off to check out cobalt blue bottles and get the Ascorbic Acid - almost out of my skinceuticals. And I may put some of this together for my sister for Christmas.

Will report back with result.....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - found 1 oz. jars but alas no pump bottles in 1 oz size - only 4 oz. size.
Does the formula you've given fill a 1 oz. size?

Thanks.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
The recipe is for 1oz, yes.. Do the mixing as I posted and you'll find it very easy Sis..

Please, for anyone who try's this C serum, please share your results good or bad after you've used it a little while....And thanks!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Found the blue cobalt eye droppers in 1 oz size.

Have EDS order ready to launch. Can't wait to try this.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Found the blue cobalt eye droppers in 1 oz size.

Have EDS order ready to launch. Can't wait to try this.

Sis, we had a bit of a dilemma with the Viterol A at EDS, but it's sorted out now..

Long story short, a few old version bottles got into the mix.. A new shippment is on it's way, but isn't expected till Dec 12th at the earliest..

If you are absolutely not wanting to wait that long, you can get it at drugstore.com for $36.00... Just be sure to get the one for "Face"

See this Viterol A thread for the latest:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31623 pages 2 and 3 covers it!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - I was wondering about that.... Is the correct shipment the one in the violet color?
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry about that Dr Kassy, I swear I got it on the internet. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks - I was wondering about that.... Is the correct shipment the one in the violet color?

Yes Sis, it's a light violet color, and comes in the little squeeze tube... Think tiny toothpaste!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
Sorry about that Dr Kassy, I swear I got it on the internet. Very Happy

I know Zyg... I saw it there.. It's wrong though.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it and hope it will be here before Christmas so I can whip up a few things to give out.
Got a dozen blue cobalt bottles and a batch of L-ascorbic acid crystals.

Do you suppose you could put matrixyl or Matr.3000 in there too?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I ordered it and hope it will be here before Christmas so I can whip up a few things to give out.
Got a dozen blue cobalt bottles and a batch of L-ascorbic acid crystals.

Do you suppose you could put matrixyl or Matr.3000 in there too?

It's already in the Viterol A..

Active Ingredients in descending order 29% in total;

- Viotrozene 16%
- Almond Oil
- Nanosomes of Kinetin
- Matrixyl
- Ferulic Acid
- Grapeseed Extract
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- vitamin E
- D-Panthenol (B)
- Gingko Biloba
- Chestnut Extract

Sis, one request, if you make this, please go exactly by the recipe.. This is how I have tested it!

If after giving it a fair try you want to change something, then I'll tweak it for you (but it's really perfect as is.)

Don't use any more L-Ascorbic Acid than indicated ...

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I will definitely make as written. Thanks.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy: Does "Roller Girls" refer to Dermarolling? I am going to make your DIY serum also. Is it a multi-task product then? Dermarolling and LED?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy: Does "Roller Girls" refer to Dermarolling? I am going to make your DIY serum also. Is it a multi-task product then? Dermarolling and LED?

When I read the info Beth had posted regarding how to prepare the skin several weeks prior to the 1st roll, I noticed the recommended ingredients, were vitamins A, C + E.... They just also happen to be the ingredients I personally use and love best..

I actually found Viterol A, when I was looking for products that contained all of these vitamins in addition to ferulic acid. I really loved everything about this product, and the very reasonable price was an added bonus.

I came up with this very simple recipe, that incorporates all of the things necessary to really benefit the skin on a cellular level.. Anybody can make this one very simply, without having to worry about the more technical formulating rules that can really be a PITA.

I made and used this semi-homemad serum for a month, before sharing it here. It's a potent, stable A,C,E + ferulic serum, with a nanosome delivery system...In my humble opinion, you won't find anything comparable, for any amount of money retail Wink

I believe with consistent use, this recipe will make some folks very happy indeed!

ETA: Yes, I sometimes apply it to my microfibered face at night, and use the LED an hour later! Other than that, use it as a typical C serum, and follow with a good sunscreen or MMU.

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy: Thanks for sharing your expertise. I have no knowledge on DIY recipes - will your "face firming cream" help with wrinkles also or is this where the AALS is important?
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I received the product from Drugstore.com. I used it the other night, not last night because I got a rash on my chin and forehead.
Do you suppose the rash could be from the product? That was all I used in the evening? I still have the rash today. I washed my face as usual and dried it well, before putting on a thin layer of the product. What are you thoughts.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy: Thanks for sharing your expertise. I have no knowledge on DIY recipes - will your "face firming cream" help with wrinkles also or is this where the AALS is important?

I'd hardly consider myself an expert, but I'm happy to share what has worked for me.. Wink

Everything helps and it all works together in my opinion..

In my experience my serums/creams work from the outside in, and my LightStim works from the inside out...Hope that makes sense!

But there isn't a cream in the world that can rejuvinate collagen, as has been my experience since using the AALS! I'll go as far as to say, I look 10 years younger than I did one year ago.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Kassy,
I received the product from Drugstore.com. I used it the other night, not last night because I got a rash on my chin and forehead.
Do you suppose the rash could be from the product? That was all I used in the evening? I still have the rash today. I washed my face as usual and dried it well, before putting on a thin layer of the product. What are you thoughts.

Perhaps you are allergic to one of the ingredients in it, that is always possible..

The way to be sure, is to rub a small amount into the skin near your elbow. Do it after your shower/bath, so it can remain undisturbed till the next day..

If you are allergic it will cause the same rash as well as be itchy.. Don't put anymore on your face until you are sure.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |