Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Mishy - Is this for your body lotion?

Sis it's actually for my face and body. Anything I use on my face I also want to use on my neck, chest, hands and arms also. The skin on my chest and arms is the worst on my body, from sun damage. The skin on my face is actually quite good in comparison. Rolling helped my face, but for a few years it's been better than my arm and chest skin anyway.

Mishey, don't you use an LED? If so, be sure to use it on those sun damaged areas.. My whole chest and neck skin was transformed from LED use.

Be sure to use your vitamin C serum there as well!

Kassy I most definately will be using the AALS in the not so distant future, but I've just purchased the STOP and wanted to try that out by itself first. After I ordered it I realised that it's probably not such a good idea at the moment while I'm still doing my 6 weekly rolls. So I'm going to trial it on my thighs and stomach (which is pretty good anyway). Gotta use it now I've got it. Anyhow as the STOP cost me nearly $800 AUS I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I can get the AALS. At least I can use that a few days after a roll.
And I definately do use my Vit C serum on my chest/arms etc. Anything I do to my face I do to the chest/arms. They actually need it more. Sad
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I made the body lotion last night and realized after I had painstakingly put it in a brand new pump bottle that I forgot the MAP!!! Mad Mad Mad
So I set it up to hopefully drain out of the bottle by the time I get home so I can add the MAP.
I bought I little hand held mixer which made putting it all together a breeze. I added a little fragrance which was a nice twist.
I will let you know what happens after tonight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Just decant half, add the MAP, then mix it all together.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have to say that Dr. Kassy has outdone herself! About two weeks ago, I mixed up her Vit. C recipe (the one with SKB, not Viterol) and I am so impressed. The serum has a great texture, doesn't sting my Obagi face (on week 6), hasn't broken me out and doesn't leave any discernible coating or stickiness. I believe that Kassy said this was a 15% Vitamin C product (too lazy to go back and check!)plus it has Vit. E so I feel confident that I am getting all of those protective antioxidants. Oh, and can't forget the ferrulic acid!

I didn't total up the cost of this 1 oz bottle but it couldn't have added up to more than a few dollars, at most. I have tons of supplies left to make more.

Can you tell how thrilled I am about this!! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it's working out for you Mary, and thanks for letting me (us) know..

And yep, it's 15%.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Am I imagining things or did you once mention that I could leave out the vodka? If so, do I need to increase anything else?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Am I imagining things or did you once mention that I could leave out the vodka? If so, do I need to increase anything else?

I really only use the bit of vodka if I'm having a devil of a time getting the LAA or Ferulic Acid to dissolve.. You can just use a bit more water in place of the vodka!

I offered it up to some of my DIY buddies, because no matter how many times I tell them 15% LAA is all that their skin will abosrb, some insist on 20 or 25%.... In that case, rather than increase the water, they can use a bit of vodka... (Then the extra C that goes straight to the kidneys, and the vodka, can all get flushed together.. Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes )

The last recipe I posted for the LAA + MAP is about 20%, but the LAA (in my recipe's will always be 15%!)

brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

I really only use the bit of vodka if I'm having a devil of a time getting the LAA or Ferulic Acid to dissolve.. You can just use a bit more water in place of the vodka!

I offered it up to some of my DIY buddies, because no matter how many times I tell them 15% LAA is all that their skin will abosrb, some insist on 20 or 25%.... In that case, rather than increase the water, they can use a bit of vodka... (Then the extra C that goes straight to the kidneys, and the vodka, can all get flushed together.. Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes )

The last recipe I posted for the LAA + MAP is about 20%, but the LAA (in my recipe's will always be 15%!)

Gotcha. My ferulic acid (from Skin Actives) dissolved quickly but the LAA took forever!! Eventually though, I got it all smooth.
Maybe I will try it without the vodka next time and see how it goes. I only bought a tiny little bottle of it anyway so no big deal.

I love that I can splash this inexpensive serum all over and not feel guilty!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

I love that I can splash this inexpensive serum all over and not feel guilty!!

By golly you've got it ... Very Happy

pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm not really sure Alley, but my gut tells me to leave certain things as is.. i.e. AHA's. The only thing I add to my Alpha Hydroxy products is a little Lactic Acid.

Certain things work by causing a little irritation/inflammation, and adding anything other than an 'acid', will throw the PH off, and therefore could stop it from doing it's job.. Ph is extremely important in any acid formulation, i.e. vitamin C, AHA + BHA's.

Hello Kassy... i am glad that someone knowledgeble and creative is on the form. I am intrested to know what AHA+BHA's/retin A do you use. I am planning to use them on my acne scars on face and hyperpigmentation on my knee(which is in a complete different color than the rest of my leg) along with copper peptides and see if it can get rid of the slightly pitted scars. Dont want to get in any more trouble with bad products what do u think is the best bet to choose.
Thank you.
pinky.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pinky,

You are much too generous with your flattery, because I am not a pro at any of this.. Rolling Eyes

Personally I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle (12% AHA), and .5% and .1% Retin-A. I use each a few times per week for several weeks, than take a break for a couple of weeks.

As for the Copper Peptides, if you aren't already a user, please research the tons of threads here on the subject before you decide.. Some folks love it, but other's have had horrendous long term negative effects.. In any case, it must be started extremely slowly, with the weakest form of CP.. Please educate yourself here prior!

From the little I have read about acne scars, I'm not sure the AHA or RA is your best bet.. Have a look at this 302 thread, which could be a better alternative for you.. But it's an entirely non-acid approach, and you must commit to it loyally to achieve the best results.. (The thread is extremely long, but the information is invaluable.)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28855

'Boski' is the originator of the thread, and an absolute expert, and goes out of her way to help everybody.. Please read some of the thread to familiarize yourself with the product, to see if it's of interest to you.

pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy, cant wait..i started reading the thread.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dr Kassy,

Can you please explain to me the difference between your Viterol-A-semi-homemade vitamin C serum, and your C+E+Ferulic serum (the one with vodka)?

I'm just wondering which recipe is better? Thank you!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi Dr Kassy,

Can you please explain to me the difference between your Viterol-A-semi-homemade vitamin C serum, and your C+E+Ferulic serum (the one with vodka)?

The Viterol A already had Ferulic Acid in it, so it was an easy way for beginners to make a really nice serum, with a great consistency that was effective..

The C, E + Ferulic is just a great serum very much like Skinceuticals.. The vodka was for those who didn't have enough patience to wait for things to fully dissolve.. You missed the point with it.. It's not a necessity.

I enjoy coming up with different recipe's, and just put them out there.. I have used every one, and they are all effective, stable + really nice..

Just pick whatever looks easy for you to tackle.. They are all equally effective. (Directions for mixing are there too!)

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Alley wrote:
Kassy bring it on sister you have filled me with confidence Cool

I'll wet your whistle with the ingredients I used, and then we can take it from there with *your* specific needs in mind.

I USED:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl)
Coenzyme Q10
DMAE Bitartrate
Ferulic Acid
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)
Anti-Oxidant Booster
Every Lipid Serum (ELS)
Green Tea Extract
Algae Extract
Lactic Acid
Palm + Coconut Oils
Skinactives Base Cream
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE seperately in, before adding to the final cream.)

WHAT IT WILL DO:

Firm
Soften skin and smooth wrinkles
Increase cell turnover
Feed and nourish your skin with the best anti-oxidants available

I've been using it the past 5 nights and it's the nicest I've made to date IMO.. It sinks right in, gives a little tightnening, and makes me just want to keep feeling my face. As with all serums/lotions/creams, the best results will be achieved when applied to your warm, moist, exfoliated face...(In my humble opinion of course!)

This one will be a keeper for me ...

ETA:... If anybody is interested in making this their eye cream as well, holler out, and I'll tell you what to leave out, and what else to add!

Kassy - Are you still using this? What is your report to date? I'm using up my Viteral A concoctions and sharing them but am thinking this (or the C & E ferulic blend) will be my next go round.... Any suggestions from you will be appreciated. Definitely want the benefits of C and the ferulic....

sis
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Alley wrote:
Kassy bring it on sister you have filled me with confidence Cool

I'll wet your whistle with the ingredients I used, and then we can take it from there with *your* specific needs in mind.

I USED:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl)
Coenzyme Q10
DMAE Bitartrate
Ferulic Acid
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)
Anti-Oxidant Booster
Every Lipid Serum (ELS)
Green Tea Extract
Algae Extract
Lactic Acid
Palm + Coconut Oils
Skinactives Base Cream
SKB (just enough to mix the DMAE seperately in, before adding to the final cream.)

WHAT IT WILL DO:

Firm
Soften skin and smooth wrinkles
Increase cell turnover
Feed and nourish your skin with the best anti-oxidants available

I've been using it the past 5 nights and it's the nicest I've made to date IMO.. It sinks right in, gives a little tightnening, and makes me just want to keep feeling my face. As with all serums/lotions/creams, the best results will be achieved when applied to your warm, moist, exfoliated face...(In my humble opinion of course!)

This one will be a keeper for me ...

ETA:... If anybody is interested in making this their eye cream as well, holler out, and I'll tell you what to leave out, and what else to add!

Kassy - Are you still using this? What is your report to date? I'm using up my Viteral A concoctions and sharing them but am thinking this (or the C & E ferulic blend) will be my next go round.... Any suggestions from you will be appreciated. Definitely want the benefits of C and the ferulic....

sis

Sis, this was a suggestion for a body cream..

The C serum I'm using now is the most recent one I posted on pg 8..

I don't have a real favorite, and like all the C serums I have shared here... (As long as it has C, E, and Ferulic, it's all good!)

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy - I'm on target now. I just made up another batch of C-serum with the Viterol A -Using up what I have and giving it out. What I have on hand appears fine and is working out but DS Labs can't be trusted forevermore for me.
Soon I'll be ordering up the rest of the stuff for the next round of C-serum (kind of looking forward to it).
I'll try the Canvas lotion from skinactives instead of the cream. (as you suggested - will be better for my oily tendencies).
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
Hi Dr Kassy,

The Viterol A already had Ferulic Acid in it, so it was an easy way for beginners to make a really nice serum, with a great consistency that was effective..

The C, E + Ferulic is just a great serum very much like Skinceuticals.. The vodka was for those who didn't have enough patience to wait for things to fully dissolve.. You missed the point with it.. It's not a necessity.

I enjoy coming up with different recipe's, and just put them out there.. I have used every one, and they are all effective, stable + really nice..

Just pick whatever looks easy for you to tackle.. They are all equally effective. (Directions for mixing are there too!)

Thanks Kassy! So is the Viterol A face cream currently sold by EDS the right one? I know there was a lot of confusion about white/lavendar... Thank you!

Edit: Whoops I just saw you newest C recipe on the DIY vit C thread. Never mind, sorry!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I made your recipe for 15% C, E + Ferulic. This is my first attempt at DIY.

Your recipe for Firming/Smoothing cream is a bit more intimidating. I need a 'firming' cream. What ingredient can I add to my Olay Regenerist for a simple DIY? DMAE? Matrixyl? And in what proportion?

Thank you so much Smile Your knowledge is impressive!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza you can do it sister!!! I made the firming/smoothing/anti-oxidant cream and it as easy to make as the c-serum because all but a few ingredients get mixed all together. You only need to mix the DMAE and MAP separately and add the lactic acid last.
It makes your skin feel amazing Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Alley, thanks for the vote of confidence. This forum has the nicest people!
I'm going to place an order for ingredients. I had fun making the C serum and told my daughter-in-law I'll make a batch for her too.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza you will love this cream! There is something very satisfying about making your own products.

I made a full batch of c-serum, eye serum and the anti-oxidant cream and gave them as little gifts to my girlfriends they were thrilled. Surprised

One tip I bought a tiny hand mixer from Amazon for about $15 best thing to help get everything mixed with minimal effort.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HO8IJ8?ie=UTF8&seller=A7OFQLN0BSQXG&sn=Sana%20Enterprises%2C%20Inc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Alley thank you for the tip.
You're such a doll!!!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Good luck and keep us posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Hi Kassy, I made your recipe for 15% C, E + Ferulic. This is my first attempt at DIY.

Your recipe for Firming/Smoothing cream is a bit more intimidating. I need a 'firming' cream. What ingredient can I add to my Olay Regenerist for a simple DIY? DMAE? Matrixyl? And in what proportion?

The concentrations that are recommended for Matrixyl is 10% and DMAE is 5%.

I can't give you a specific measurement, because I don't know what your total ounces are. If you purchased from Skinactives, the info for formulating is on the paperwork. Just do the math to accomodate your total volume.

If you look back through my posted recipe's, you can see what was used in 4oz, and take it from there.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |