Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I made the AALS serum last night and used it this morning with my light. It is awesome. The texture is really light, a little goes a long way and it absorbed in less than 5 minutes.

Miss Anna I used a DIY AHA from Ingredients to Die For which is 12% and I used the full 1 Tbsp.

This would be a great intro into DIY for anyone interested in getting their feet wet.

Kassy as always I bow done in awe ...

Alley, can you be more specific about this recipe? Can you list all ingredients and measurements?

I'm fascinated by DIY and I'm trying to learn, but being new to it I get easily confused and don't always understand abbreviations. By AAHA do you mean Alpha Hydroxy cream?

I went to a spa yesterday AM for treatments, Tonight, almost 1 1/2 days later, my skin is still irritated and pink/red under the eyes.

First there was a skin evaluation:
Moisture, -Avg. =(less than Avg)
Oil level, Avg.
Elasticity, Avg.+
Pore sz., M
Skin thickness, -Avg.
Clogged Pores, Min
Rosacea, Min.
Sun Damage, Min.
Overall Aging/Lines/Wrinkles, Min.
Eye Area Concerns, Min.

Next step was a grapefruit enzyme mask that burned like hell. Followed by a Crystal C serum with dermal rolling of the face. Also a caviar/collagen mask and an anti-aging serum with ultrasound (to push product in)

My skin feels smooth but there is still a light burning feeling. My skin feels irritated.

Any advise as to what to formulate on my own would be greatly appreciated.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Cross posting from the Anti-Aging LightStim thread for all you LED users;

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract (optional but nice)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

For those of you who use and are well conditioned to copper peptides, it would be a good addition to this serum in a very small quantity..(like drops, not spoonfuls.. Shock )

So that's it Kiddie's... Have fun, and may the *light* be with you!

Bellezza above is the recipe.
AALS is the anti aging light stim
AHA is the alpha hydroxy

Wow that is a serious treatment - my skin is burning for you Shock
It took me a bit to find (so many conversations in so many threads) but I remember asking Kassy for "healing" ingredients when I got a jessner peel. Here are her suggestions.

Healing Ingredients;
Here is where I will try to talk you into my beloved oils... They are pure, healing, and loaded with everything beneficial for the skin.. All of the following are great, and would be wonderful mixed up with pure Aloe and Shea Butter;
Virgin Palm Oil
Squalane Oil,
Virgin Coconut Oil,
Cold Pressed Avocado Oil

I am not positive but you might be able to find some of those oils at a health food store. With luck Kassy will be by in the middle of the night Wink to give you more detailed advice than I can provide.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your advice Alley!
I don't have a lot of oils, I used Emu & Dr. Kassy's recipe of CVS cream, matrixyl & SKB.
This morning, 2 days later, my face is calming down but the under eye area is a bit worse than it was before the treatment, which might have been a little too aggressive for me.
Considering my skin assessment (above) what do you think I should use on a regular basis?
I hope Kassy sees this post also.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza from your assessment I don't think you have any major issues - Good for you!

This article was posted in a different thread and I personally thought it was great advice as it is the "base" that I use Wink
http://www.futurederm.com/2008/01/01/five-ingredients-your-skin-cant-live-withoutand-how-to-use-them/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Thank you for your advice Alley!
I don't have a lot of oils, I used Emu & Dr. Kassy's recipe of CVS cream, matrixyl & SKB.
This morning, 2 days later, my face is calming down but the under eye area is a bit worse than it was before the treatment, which might have been a little too aggressive for me.
Considering my skin assessment (above) what do you think I should use on a regular basis?
I hope Kassy sees this post also.

From what you shared in your last couple of posts my thought is that you have been exposed to too many acids..

If I were you I'd take a break from everything but avocado oil, and let your skin barrier get back to normal..

If at all possible keep everything but the oil off your face for at least a few days.. If you absolutely don't want to go without makeup, use MMU only.. No sunscreen either for a few days, just MMU.

Let your skin heal, and then you can gradually get on a simple basic regime.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy, I will do that. I haven't been wearing make up, just a bit of eye shadow.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy in regards to your Vit C, E and Ferulic recipe, can this mix be left in my bathroom cupboard rather than the fridge? I'm finding that the Vit E oil is going hard and floating around the top of the mix and sticking to the sides of the bottle. Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Kassy in regards to your Vit C, E and Ferulic recipe, can this mix be left in my bathroom cupboard rather than the fridge? I'm finding that the Vit E oil is going hard and floating around the top of the mix and sticking to the sides of the bottle. Confused

That should only be the case if things weren't fully incorporated before combining the two phases..

Anyhoo, you cand leave it in a cool, dark place without any problems, as long as everything else was according to directions..

I am in the habit of shaking everything before use, and never had the problem you describe..

Also, it's probably the FA that didn't dissolve completely, because that would tend to clump in that case.. Oil would just float on top.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:

That should only be the case if things weren't fully incorporated before combining the two phases..

Anyhoo, you cand leave it in a cool, dark place without any problems, as long as everything else was according to directions..

I am in the habit of shaking everything before use, and never had the problem you describe..

Also, it's probably the FA that didn't dissolve completely, because that would tend to clump in that case.. Oil would just float on top.

Oooh! Well that would explain why it's only happened this time and not with any of the other's I've mixed. I thought it was the oil as it is kinda waxy in texture. Anyway whatever it is I'm gonna mix like mad from now on.
Thanx.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I came out with a new concoction for a moisturizing cream and I'm very pleased with my results.

1/4 tsp. hyaluronic acid
1/2 tsp. distilled water
1 tsp. of honey
1.7 oz. CVS Perfecting cream

My skin absorbed it well and my skin felt very soft the following morning. I'm not sure of long run benefits but for now I love it.
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'd just like to say a big thank you to Kassy and other DIY-ers for their generosity and can-do. I've been lurking for sometime now, thinking must post, must post. I'm 44 with (ta-daaa!) wrinkles, pigmentation, sun-damage, mystery lumps and bumps, the beginning of sag, and - drumroll - the worst eye-bags imaginable. In my latest * spam * photo I look like Heroin trafficker. (It's genetic. Hurrah.)

Anyhow, thanks to said photo, I'm ready to branch out from *just* sunscreen. Being on a budget, DIY appeals, and I've ordered some stuff to make Kassy's Vit C serum (with Viterol) and extras to beef up a base cream. Also, plan to try Ageless with massage. Deep breath.

Will doubtless drive you crazy with questions.
Thanks again.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Cheesetoastie to the forum and DIY. Ask away that is what the forum is for. Very Happy

Kassy I just had a thought could I add HA to this c+e+ferulic serum? If yes would you say about 1 ml to be safe and not sucking the life out of my skin.
Here is the recipe I use
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Welcome Cheesetoastie to the forum and DIY. Ask away that is what the forum is for. Very Happy

Kassy I just had a thought could I add HA to this c+e+ferulic serum? If yes would you say about 1 ml to be safe and not sucking the life out of my skin.
Here is the recipe I use
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka

Yep, you can add the HA to this (I thought I had it in this one. Embarassed !!)

To keep it at the 1% concentration you'll want to use .3 ml's (In another recipe I posted I simlified it to 1/4 ml which is a teensy bit less).

BTW, this is my all time favorite C serum. The vodka makes the FA fully dissolve with no worries. In fact, the way I'm doing it now, I put the vodka + FA in the 2nd shot glass, stir it up, then add the vitamin E and SKB. You will want to add the HA once you have combined the contents of both glasses, a little at a time while continually stirring..

Have I thoroughly confused you yet.. Confused

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am starting to be able to follow your line of thinking - oh no.... Wink

I actually started doing that with the FA & vodka also because I have the MAP (which I realize is not noted on that recipe) in yet a 3rd glass with SKB.
I make this for myself and a couple of friends we all love it. I add a touch more SKB (with the MAP) so it is a bit thicker, which I like.
I will add the liquid HA after I put the MAP in, I can't imagine it would change the consistency too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Using too much HA will result in *spackle*, rather than serum, but the worse thing is that it's not good for your skin at more than 1%.

You can actually add the MAP in with the LAA once that has dissolved.

It's nice to try different things which sometimes winds up being a better result..

For sure I don't claim to have all the answers, so I really appreciate other bright ideas.. Very Happy

Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Alley, when you add MAP to the above recipe do you decrease LAA or anything else?

If I keep the same proportions, as originally posted by Kassy, & then add MAP + HA will the PH remain 3.5 or are you changing it.

If your measures are different would you post your exact recipe? Sorry but I'm still a newbie and need to be guided by the hand. THANKS!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Alley, when you add MAP to the above recipe do you decrease LAA or anything else?

If I keep the same proportions, as originally posted by Kassy, & then add MAP + HA will the PH remain 3.5 or are you changing it.

If your measures are different would you post your exact recipe? Sorry but I'm still a newbie and need to be guided by the hand. THANKS!

Hi Bellezza, I'm sure Alley will chime in, but just wanted to offer that you want to keep the total volume the same (ex; 1oz). So if you reduce one liquid ingredient, just increase another. Just adding or subtracting any powder ingredient will really not change the total volume. Depending on what exactly you are changing, can result in a ph change.. If you are increasing any acid ingredient (ie; LAA or MAP), that will always lower your ph.

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza having just read Kassy previous post I might have changed the PH of my serum unintentionally.

I mix 1/4 tsp of MAP with 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of SKB. I have not been removing much of anything, a little of the distilled H2o but I am pretty sure it isn't as much as what I am adding.

Kassy should I remove 1+ tsp of the water to accommodate the additional SKB?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yep Alley, you should reduce the same amount of water, as the additional SKB..

Just want to ask you a question though.. Don't you find too much SKB makes you have a tacky layer on your skin..? (If you are only using it to *thicken* things up, a bit extra HA will do that tenfold.)

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was worried about it being tacky but it isn't. I do however let it absorb for a minimum of 20 minutes before I put anything else on, so maybe I am just not noticing it. Having said that the last batch I made I had too much SKB and it is definitely tacky. Due to that debacle I would like to find a way to thicken it without adding more SKB than the original amount.
Would .5 of a ml be enough HA to thicken the serum? I think I would be pushing 2% HA in the serum (God I hate math).

Funny too you should mention the thickening because I wanted to ask you what you use thicken lotions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy & Alley, you guys are too advanced for me... I keep copy/pasting new suggestions & instructions for adding ingredients. I have printed four pages just for the Vit. C Serum. THAT'S AWESOME!

I made the original 15% C,E Ferulic for me & 4 more people, and when I only had 1 tsp of SKB left I used

1 tsp LAA
3 tsp H2o
1 tsp glycerin
1 tsp SKB
1/4 tsp FA
1/4 tsp E

I'm not sure which one I like best.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza, Kassy is the advanced DIYer I am slowly moving out beginner stage with her help. You are much more daring than I, if I run out of something I am stuck...

Kassy you thought this C recipe had HA well you were correct.
I found this in my notes, although I do not have any directions on putting it all together. I have no idea why I used the other recipe instead.
15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum, 1oz
1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1 cc/ml of Vitamin E Oil
1 cc/ml of Hyaluronic Acid
1 1/2 tsp SKB
4 tsp Distilled H2O

5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Me again. I've a question for Alley re her modified eye serum with Eyeliss. I was wondering,
*Are you still experiencing improvement/happy with Eyeliss? And,
*Do you know of anywhere besides TheHerbarie where it can be purchased? (I have killer-bags and can't afford TH's S&H plus minimum order.)

Also,
*Has anyone else any experience, positive/negative with Eyeliss? And (finally)
*Are all SKB's the same? Ie. is Skinactives as nice for creams/serums as Nancy's.

Thanks again. (Eagerly awaiting goodies via post; keen to get started.)
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
cheesetoastie I do love my version of Kassy's eye serum but honestly there is so much stuff in there I can't say if it is because of the eyeliss exclusively or not. I did not realize that The Herbarie was the only place to buy it but I certainly can't find it anywhere else. I ordered the 1oz size of Eyeliss in December and have made at least 12 1 oz batches of eye serum and it is not on my reorder list yet.

I did start adding Cell-Ox2 from Ingredients to Die For to the serum a while ago. Here is the link to the product. You can order a 1/2 oz sample for $7 or 1oz for $14, I paid about $8 shipping and there is no minimum order required. This might be a good alternative for you. http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=62&category_id=6

Nancy's SKB is wonderful and frankly I cannot tell the difference bet'n her SKB and Skinactives other than Nancy's is half the price.

ps I PMed you some other information

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Hi Kassy
Just letting you know that I made a fresh batch of C,E and Ferulic yesterday and mixed and shook like mad. It's all combined beautifully.
Thanx. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |