Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use latisse. I really see a big difference. My eyelashes are thicker, darker and longer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Latisse is expensive.... Over time $$$

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
See if any of your doctors have samples.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kory - have you tried the Lumigan source at ADC?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,

I found it at unitedchemists online they sell both branded Lumigan and Generic.
I just haven't been brave enough to try it yet and also no time! I didn't need an rx.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
FDA's warning letter to Allergen over latisse:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/EnforcementActivitiesbyFDA/WarningLettersandNoticeofViolationLetterstoPharmaceuticalCompanies/UCM182628.pdf
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa,
I am not using any of the prostaglandin products, or the ones containing the analogue (too close for my comfort). I just know where I bought some, after reading about side effects on various sites and here, I decided not to risk it.
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fine with pigmentation of iris or eyelids, but the possible damage to eyes really got me! Now I don't know what to do now, because my eyelashes look lovely with Lumigan!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
yikes you're scaring me!!! What damage did it do to your eyes? I just received my latisse today. Please tell me it's okay to use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
I'm fine with pigmentation of iris or eyelids, but the possible damage to eyes really got me! Now I don't know what to do now, because my eyelashes look lovely with Lumigan!

The studies and warnings I read scared me enough not to try it!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
YOu apply it like a careful swipe of liquid eyeliner. Keep it at the root.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Shock
Sis, I am just a chicken, cluck cluck! I may try it when I have more time, that is a major issue for me these days!
ricayhermosa,
If you are already using it without any I'll effects I wouldn't panic the biggest issue people reported here are red lids and red eyes, it was suggested by someones MD to wash with baby shampoo first before applying. Sis's recommendation about careful application has helped a lot of people avoid problems!

Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am just starting to see some really good results with Lumigan. I have long lashes but not full enough. I think the trick for me is to use this product 2-3 times a week, I then use a jojoba oil mix on my lashes. I was starting to loose them when I was doing it daily and then one day I woke up and a decent size patch was basically bald towards one outer eye. It would have happened over a period but I didnt notice.
Overall using it as I do now I am very happy, on the nights I dont use this I will use Mirenesse lash serum, some nights I do forget.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am having great results still with lumigan I only use the tiniest amount,barely dampening the lash line,thats all you need.I also do not use every single night I sometimes only use every other night....
luverly
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I have had great success with the Lumigan, but I too find it's best to use it periodically. I used it 2x a day at first in my enthusiasm, and then my bottom lashes started hitting the lenses of my glasses and I decided my new * spam alert * was getting to be a little much!

I've backed off to a couple of times a week. I find that they are now a little darker than they were, but to get really dark glossy lashes, some blue-black dye is the answer.

When they go, they tend to fall out in a wave, and I think that I'm having better results with my periodic use as I'm hitting the hair growth cycle differently, and I'm not losing clumps. (Does that make scientific sense? That's just my intuition.) The hairs themselves are still strong and whole. I'm also happy to say that one application quickly filled in a sparse bit in my eyebrow--spastic plucking accident.)

I do rub a little jojoba oil in now and then, when I think of it, and I only use Darphin makeup remover now (which I think is wonderful and to which I give three thumbs up). But I am not giving the lashes any other special love, and they're lookin' pretty dang good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
luverly,
The consensus for most on all the threads seems to be that using it every day causes the mass shed! Most have done as you have and altered their application to a few times a weak with much better results! Sounds like you have it figured out for your needs!
AWESOME!
DM

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I live in Canada. I receive my orders in a plain brown handwritten envelope...

Hi Antonia,
I live in Montreal. Can I ask you where you purchased your Lumigan or Careprost? I have been looking to purchase a bottle everywhere.
Thanks Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLynn,

Not Antonia but I know some purchase from alldaychemists.com, they say you fill in dr. name but the site never checks.

I found it here both Lumegan and the generic no rx required didn't ask for dr. name I think they have an in house dr. who writes scripts for them.
Here is the link:

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

HTH
DM

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been searching for the answer but couldn't find it:
Is it ok to apply lumigan in the morning before makeup?

Should I take any precautions, like letting it dry down before putting on eye makeup (mascara and eyeliner)?

Will wearing eye makeup impede effectiveness?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you can use it in the morning before eye makeup. I have not seen any one with problems using any eye makeup as you apply this first on clean lids. Use very little, most apply with a very fine eyeliner brush or artist brush from the art or craft supply stores, just allow it to dry. Some use it everyday, some have had mass shedding and found using a few times a week a better option. There are numerous threads with loads of info here as well as peoples personal experiences! It is a long read but worth it to see what might be best for you.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

What's new at United Pharmacies?

Bimatoprost Eye Drops: Lumigan & Careprost
Acomplia prices reduced.
Skinoren is now back in stock.
Swine Flu Treatments in stock: Tamiflu, Generic Tamiflu, Relenza, Amantadine
Priligy is a new treatment available for premature ejaculation.
New antidepressants: Valdoxan (Agomelatine) and Ixel (Milnacipran).
Propecia and Proscar now back in stock
Estrogen gel (Sandrena) and Progesterone gel (Susten) now available

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lumigan with great results and no negative side effects. I posted about my experience including some photos on my blog...oh, but I guess I can't link to that because I'm new. Anyway, my formerly short, blonde lashes are now long and black. My eyes are light blue and have not darkened, nor has my eyelid skin.

If you want to see my blog post and are on MakeupAlley, I use the same username there and the link is in my notepad there.

I'm not a troll or anything, I've been reading here for years but just never posted. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and Welcome Hollow,
It is HALLOWEEN you are allowed to be a troll tonight! Very Happy
Thanks for posting, I am still on the fence, but a lot has to do with time constraints!!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I've been using Revitalash (Jan Marini's old formula) AND Careprost from ADC. The Revitalash is used on right lashes, and Careprost on left - for at least 6 weeks. I know I sound crazy for doing this but wanted to see if there was any difference in product performance. Smile I am here to tell you all there is. The left lashes are longer by more than 1/16 of an inch - it is very noticeable. I use the brush from the Revitalash since it is very slim and easily maneuvered. I use enough product - not a skimpy amount but not dripping either. I have not experienced the darkening of my eyelid from either (I had used Revitalash for a year prior to getting Careprost.) Careprost works really well. Now I have to get my right lashes caught up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,
We know you are a wee tad crazy Bad Grin
That is really awesome of you to do the half/half test and post the results! I wonder what makes such a huge difference, hey if it does great to know when I finally have time to commit to it regularly! I think I fell off the fence I just need time for it now that I stopped clucking! Very Happy

DM

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |