Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like that order was from ADC, please correct me if Im wrong.
andrina
5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jouke wrote:
Thanks Andrina, that sounds like a great solution to me!!
The mask I use has some kind of copper-sand in it witch is about to be very soothing for the skin around your eyes, but what I like most about it is the fact it keeps out all the light.
Indeed it touches the eye balls and I can imagine this can reshape your eye balls because there are nightly contactlenses as well that reshape your eyes at nigt so that you have better view during the day Embarassed

Are this the sleeping masks you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CCI4YU/sr=8-10/qid=1258547390/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1258547390&sr=8-10

Yes Jouke, I actually have two, one is exactly the same, and the other (that I purchased in a Travel Store) is a little stiffer and more contoured, but they are both great. I think they are a worthwhile investment, because they are also great when you are travelling as you can sleep on a plane and not get your eye makeup all messed up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
Jouke wrote:
Thanks Andrina, that sounds like a great solution to me!!
The mask I use has some kind of copper-sand in it witch is about to be very soothing for the skin around your eyes, but what I like most about it is the fact it keeps out all the light.
Indeed it touches the eye balls and I can imagine this can reshape your eye balls because there are nightly contactlenses as well that reshape your eyes at nigt so that you have better view during the day Embarassed

Are this the sleeping masks you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CCI4YU/sr=8-10/qid=1258547390/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1258547390&sr=8-10

Yes Jouke, I actually have two, one is exactly the same, and the other (that I purchased in a Travel Store) is a little stiffer and more contoured, but they are both great. I think they are a worthwhile investment, because they are also great when you are travelling as you can sleep on a plane and not get your eye makeup all messed up.

Too bad, I tried to order the moulding sleeping mask from Amazon USA and UK. But neither of them will ship these category of products (they come from third parties) to certain areas, and my country (Holland) is probably one of them Crying or Very sad .
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Flora40 wrote:

you can order online in the USA for only $89! at long lashes online

I even called longlashesonline, curious to see if a real person answered - and they were really helpful!

Spam galore. And "only $89"?

You can get Lumigan for MUCH LESS than that, not to mention the generic Careprost.

SPAM! Rolling Eyes
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Dear all,
I have been using Lumigan since Oct 09 and have experienced the longest lashes of my life.
I started by using it every night and after 3 weeks (once my lashes were noticeably long) I began to use twice a week in the morning. I always used a very thin precision makeup brush to apply just the one drop for both eyes and if I felt it going into my eyes (very rarely) I rinsed them. I believe I have been quite conservative in my use of Lumigan.
However I have to report that for a while (I can't pinpoint when it started, maybe end Nov/Dec) I've been getting 'pressure' headaches round the front part of my head (you know the type you get when you're about to go down with a cold). My eyes also have been aching with a sort of eyestrain. I put this down to 1. too much time in front of the computer (damn this brilliant site!!) and 2. I probably need to start wearing glasses.

Now I haven't had an eye test but I bought some off-the-shelf low strength reading glasses and began to wear them whilst reading/on internet etc.
No difference to the headaches.
Ok so you know where I'm going with this. I haven't used Lumigan for around 10 days now and the pressure has subsided although not gone completely. I mentioned this on another thread and someone else said they had experienced something very similar, visited her doc and told to throw away the Lumigan.

I will report back in a few months time, maybe I do need glasses (after a proper test) or maybe it has all been down to the Lumigan.

I just wanted to mention this incase anyone else is experiencing the same problem but hasn't put the two together.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it for a week and my upper eye-lid keeps jumping, so, I stopped it for a week and my eye-lid has stopped jumping.

Anyone has the same experience?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I've not heard of that critic. Maybe give it a rest and later another try and see if it still happens.
When do you apply? Is it jumping while you are trying to sleep?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Wow. I've not heard of that critic. Maybe give it a rest and later another try and see if it still happens.
When do you apply? Is it jumping while you are trying to sleep?

I applied it before bedtime, I did not notice if it jumped while I was sleeping, but it jumped starting from the next day for whole day.

I have rested for a week, will try to use it again tonight to see if it really has something to do with it. But only my right eye-lid jumped, not the left.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had eyelid "jumping", but I do get irritated and itchy from Lumigan. And the gentle scratching usually rubs off quite a few of those precious lashes! That's why now I only use it about once every 1-2 weeks, and it still maintains results.

On a separate note, I've noticed that there is starting to be some slight discoloration on the skin near the lashes. I had heard that this might happen, but at the time I didn't pay much attention to it, thinking it was worth the sacrifice... Now it's making my dark circles look worse and I just look haggard all the time. Confused Does anyone know if this is reversible? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I've never had eyelid "jumping", but I do get irritated and itchy from Lumigan. And the gentle scratching usually rubs off quite a few of those precious lashes! That's why now I only use it about once every 1-2 weeks, and it still maintains results.

On a separate note, I've noticed that there is starting to be some slight discoloration on the skin near the lashes. I had heard that this might happen, but at the time I didn't pay much attention to it, thinking it was worth the sacrifice... Now it's making my dark circles look worse and I just look haggard all the time. Confused Does anyone know if this is reversible? Thanks!

I have very fair skin (too white actually), and I do notice my under eye area got darker in a week.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:

Fat Swan and critic - I would stop applying to undereye. I understand the dark area should go away with time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it goes away very quickly once I have stopped, but you know I got few tiny eyelash in my under eyelids, I can count exactly how many of them, no more than 5!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Possible side effects:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lumigan-side-effects.html

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/drug_side_effects/lumigan.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Possible side effects:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lumigan-side-effects.html

http://www.personalhealthzone.com/drug_side_effects/lumigan.html

DM, many thanks for those links, I certainly wish I'd read the first link months earlier, it would have explained my 'cold coming on' headaches.

I copied part of the text:

Quote:
Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Lumigan Drops:

Changes in eyelash growth; cold symptoms; eye burning, dryness, itching, or redness; feeling of having something in your eye; headache; increased tear production.

It's been over 2 weeks since I stopped using Lumigan and my headaches and eye-pressure pains are gone.

Lumigan users must be aware of changes in their health and stop using the product for a period to see if their problem is caused by it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Miranda,

I know there are many that don't have any issues with using it, but on several threads many have had problems. I actually got caught up in the idea myself and bought 2 bottles, then after reading about side effects and reviews of members here I never even opened them, the risks were not worth it for me personally. I hope it helps people make their own informed decision about trying it or not, and those who are having any adverse reactions decide what to do. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Lumigan for almost a year, these days only once a week because the purple eyelid discolorations are so awful.

But, at once a week, it seems impossible to maintain the lash results, yet my eyelids are still somewhat red!

It's just not very attractive.

I have to cover the purple color with heavy make-up, which is very aging as it makes my eyes look wrinkly.

So, even though I still have somewhat OK (but no longer fantastic) lashes, I'm about to discontinue Lumigan forever when this bottle runs out. I feel like I have been very patient, but truth be told, it has been an all-around disappointing experience. Crying or Very sad
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
with the issues of shedding, and even shorter growth cycles with continued use (thus shorter lashes in the long term), i'm wondering if anyone is using the lumigan in conjunction with product that keeps eyelashes from shedding... e.g. ecrinal eyelash formula??? i've read up on some info that the ecrinal eyelash formula keeps eyelash shedding to a minimal... thus prolonging the growth cycle.

at the moment, for my hair project, i'm using the ecrinal scalp ampoules for thinning hair. i must say, the product is a rave! it actually does prevent hair from shedding. i only shed a few strands per day.

i'm hoping that the ecrinal eyelash formula can do what it does for my scalp hair... strengthen and keep shedding to a minimal. i've already contacted a few sources to track down this product... will be testing it soon.

good luck everyone!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have used ecrinal eyelash conditioner in the past you can only use it at night because it's on the oily side but it does a nice job of keeping lashes conditioned, it may help with shedding. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
DM,
did you notice any less shedding while using ecrinal lash? since you're not using it now, i'm assuming it wasn't that great? TIA! after reading reviews i thought it would be a brilliant idea to use as partner with lash serums. now i'm having second thoughts. Confused

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
There's an old thread dedicated to ecrinal lash growth. I'd be interested in DM's views on this also.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8096
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
DM,
did you notice any less shedding while using ecrinal lash? since you're not using it now, i'm assuming it wasn't that great? TIA! after reading reviews i thought it would be a brilliant idea to use as partner with lash serums. now i'm having second thoughts. Confused

Hey BabyDoll,
It worked as a great conditioner but I found it migrated into my eyes by morning so that's my only reason for discontinuing it. I think it can help prevent shedding but for me personally just like using oils at night my eyes were all coated in the morning and it's a feeling I don't tolerate well. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
thanks angel!
i'm gonna try it! i'll incorporate it into my revitalash/careprost regime. see if i can grow some wings on my lids. thank you for the warning... i'll see if i can use a minuscule amount and rub into the skin (make sure the product absorbs) at night. the scalp treatment worked and is still working miracles for me, so i'm really looking forward to the eyelash treatment.
love you!
Very Happy

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
thanks angel!
i'm gonna try it! i'll incorporate it into my revitalash/careprost regime. see if i can grow some wings on my lids. thank you for the warning... i'll see if i can use a minuscule amount and rub into the skin (make sure the product absorbs) at night. the scalp treatment worked and is still working miracles for me, so i'm really looking forward to the eyelash treatment.
love you!
Very Happy

Big Hug!
The one I had brushed on like mascara but doesn't dry. It's just my eyes are really easily irritated by anything that gets into them. I think it's a very good product if you don't have my issues Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
angel,
yes, its in a clear tube, clear material (from what i can see from pictures), and comes with a black mascara type brush. it doesn't dry? perhaps i'll use a thin synthetic brush or thin artist brush to finely brush, brush repeatedly till it absorbs. its worth a try. i was using revitalash... and to make a long story short... my fault, had an accident with fake lashes... now i'm using careprost and revitalash. i thought this ecrinal lash formula could give me a better jump start.

k, my source just called, they have the ecrinal lash formula in... going to jump in the car and fetch it now! much thanks! i'm so excited... i'm look like a hairy monster! yay!

big hug!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Here are a couple of online links that sell ecrinal lash conditioner and their mascara.

http://www.myfirstblush.com/-strse-Ecrinal-Lash-Gel-and-Mascara/Categories.bok

http://aseptausa.com/ecrinal-products

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |