Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Carm

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
When applying my Lumigan, I use a very thin eyeliner brush with 1 drop on a mirror ... I don't want to waste it on a Q-tip. I use any extra on my pale eyebrows and hope to get results. I believe I'm seeing some change on eyebrows, and a definite improvement on eyelashes after 6 weeks. I do wear soft contacts, but take them out at night right now, and apply the Lumigan after my face is cleased, rinsed and dried. I do not apply a moisturizer within an inch eyes at night ... usually in the morning before makeup!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
That's really encouraging Carm, thanks for posting your experience with it! My order from ADC should be here in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to using it!

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie ...

I just ordered the 1000 Hours Eyelash/Eyebrow Dye, from Australia, on Ebay. Apparently, its not available in the USA. Several posts rave about it, and since I've got pale lashes, I'm going to give it a try. It claims it should be enough to last a year, using every six weeks!

I've just started wearing contacts again ... thanks to Lumigan ;D
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh will you have nice lashes if you have growth AND tint them. It was like i had mascara on all the time!

I used JM and love those results. Will I get the same results with Lumigan?
Carm

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie ...

I love Lumigan! ;D This past weekend, I decided to forego full makeup, but used blush, lipstick and mascara! OMGGG I think my lashes went through another growth spurt last week. Mine have seemed to do it that way. I first noticed growth at about 10-14 days, so it may not take long for you to see the changes coming. At about 6 wks, I cut back to every other night... gives them a breather. Some posters seem to think they mature and fall out faster if used every night, which makes sense, I guess! I'm still waiting for noticeable thickening and darkening, but who's complaing???
Carm

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy...

I'm sorry... I didn't look at your name closely, so my last post was directed at you! ;D Its been a long day!

I really think you'll be delighted with the changes... from what I've read, the max growth requires 3-4 months, but who knows! At this rate I may have to get the dog-clippers out! Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Carm wrote:
wenrwdy...

I'm sorry... I didn't look at your name closely, so my last post was directed at you! ;D Its been a long day!

I really think you'll be delighted with the changes... from what I've read, the max growth requires 3-4 months, but who knows! At this rate I may have to get the dog-clippers out! Very Happy

Thanks for the encouragement Carm!! (not wenrwdy here, but I appreciate your post anyway!) I just got my Lumigan from ADC and tonite's the nite!!! Three long months, huh? But it's worth it? *fingers crossed*

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry... you'll see results in a few weeks! I love this stuff! ;D
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Carm wrote:
wenrwdy...

Thanks for the encouragement Carm!! (not wenrwdy here, but I appreciate your post anyway!) I just got my Lumigan from ADC and tonite's the nite!!! Three long months, huh? But it's worth it? *fingers crossed*

Fawnie, you'll still see some results earlier than that, though... my patience would have been seriously tried if I'd had to wait 3 full months! I was already seeing some lengthening by 3 weeks, but they're longer now. And I've only been applying every 2 or 3 nights lately. I am just now hitting the 3 month point. You might see better results sooner if you apply every night, like some others are.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered! I loved the results I got with JM Here are my before and afters on that. I posted these same pics years ago but worth seeing again. and yes I will be charting my progress with pics with the Lumigan as well.

Before Jan Marini

After 4 months of JM AND 1000s hrs eyelash tint. LOOKS like I had mascara!

Will i get THESE sort of results with Lumigan?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I just ordered! I loved the results I got with JM Here are my before and afters on that. I posted these same pics years ago but worth seeing again. and yes I will be charting my progress with pics with the Lumigan as well.

Before Jan Marini

After 4 months of JM AND 1000s hrs eyelash tint. LOOKS like I had mascara!

Will i get THESE sort of results with Lumigan?

I'm no expert, but I suspect you'll get the same, or similar, results with Lumigan. Since JM has conditioning properties in addition to the active ingredient, you would probably do well to condition your lashes, in addition to using the Lumigan. A little of whatever oils I have around seems to be keeping mine looking nice. Depending on whatever's closest, I use jojoba, emu, argan/tamanu/rosehip blend, etc.. they should all be helpful. Some people swear by castor oil, too. This should prevent the spindly, breakage-prone lashes that some lumigan users were suffering.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I already slather Emu oil on my lashes cuz that is my facial moisturizer. so I'll keep that up.

It will be so nice to have lashes again!
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
@ wenrwdy: Thatīs so amazing! Shock I now have about the same eyelash length like you did in the first pic - I hope I will get the same results like you!!!! If, I would go out also without Mascara and in general with less eye makeup. The lashes really emphasise so much more your beautiful eyecolor. Long and black lashes, thatīs a dream. Smile
I just started to use Lilash for my lashes every night 1 week ago. I`m so excited! I have my 30th birthday at the end of May so I hope I will have long lashes till then Laughing I also received 2 bottles of Lumigan from ACD, but I will only use them after Lilash is finished (or if I canīt see any changes after 3 months).

Thanks to all of you, I never heard of those great possibilities before I read this thread!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both original Jan Marini and lumigan:same results.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking that maybe I could apply a facial nourishing oil to my eyelashes and achieve similar results? it ocurred to me ever since I noticed that oilier people have lusher and longer eyelashes. there are exceptions though.
Carm

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
THOSE PICS ARE GREAT!

I would expect you to get similar results with Lumigan! I'm really impressed with the results you got with JM! I wish I had documented before/after pics of my eyelashes! I never had "monsters" but they were adequate til I hit my 50s... shorter/thinner now. Lumigan has rejuvenated them!!!

I have 1000 Eyelash Dye ordered and can't wait to get it! Can you describe how you apply it? I've never dyed my eyelashes and I want to do a good job!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
I'm thinking that maybe I could apply a facial nourishing oil to my eyelashes and achieve similar results? it ocurred to me ever since I noticed that oilier people have lusher and longer eyelashes. there are exceptions though.

That should work just fine, bciw - give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Carm, the 1000 Hr lash tint comes with instructions and it looks really easy to use. I've had mine for several months and it's still unopened, I just haven't had the energy or motivation to bother (especially since, before the lumigan, I didn't have any lashes to bother with). It looks very easy though, and it should only take about 15 to 20 minutes total, including prep time.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:38 am      Reply with quote
It seems on the picture, that even the lower lash line became longer and darker! Are you also applying it to the lower lash line?
I have already dark lashes, Iīm wondering if the 1000 Hr lash tint would make a difference? Maybe Lilash/Lumigan will make them already darker?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy, your results with JM is fantastic!

I just received my Lumigan from ADC a few days ago. I start to apply it to every night together with Canmake Eye lash essence for conditioning. Hope to see some nice results after 3-4 months!
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:

I just received my Lumigan from ADC a few days ago. I start to apply it to every night together with Canmake Eye lash essence for conditioning. Hope to see some nice results after 3-4 months!

Hi moonstone...I've also used lumigan for about 2.5 months. My lashes are about 50% longer than before and are definitely darker and thicker. I originally used it daily then read that others found 2-3 times weekly was possibly better. Some who use it daily noticed that their eyelashes were a bit spindly and also fell out. Doesn't mean that will happen to you; just thought I'd pass along what I've read:-)

Have fun! batwhirl
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I know this is off-topic but since it has been specifically asked regarding eyelashes: I have been using 1000 hr lash tint. The directions inside the box are clear.
I find it very easy to do. It comes with an applicator - I've used this and I've also used a small dental interproximal (very small) spiral brush which works like a mini mascara brush to apply product. I leave it on a little longer than the 10 minute time frame - start counting AFTER I'm done applying it all.

The directions say to apply vaseline around the eyes and I do this but not around lower lash line - too gloopy - but I do right below the lower lashes and on upper lid in case the dye from the upper lashes hits the upper eyelid. (IT WILL STAIN SKIN - when it happens it is temporary.)
I put the produt on thickly and apply more to the upper two/thirds and lash tips vs at base. Just a slight amount there since it is close to the eyeball.

Hope this helps.

Next order I do to ADC I'm going to try Lumigan. I used JM now - old revitalash formula and it works. Need to get a conditioner I guess.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
migi wrote:

I have already dark lashes, Iīm wondering if the 1000 Hr lash tint would make a difference?

I have naturally dark eyelashes too, and they've always been decently long, just not very full. I have been using Revitalash (old formula) with very good results, but ran out, so just started using Lumigan alternating nights with Skinactives KGF Brow & Lash. I'll try to remember to post on my progress a month or two down the road.

I also use 1000 Hour lash tint in blue-black. Although my lashes are naturally dark, the tips tend to get very light & this dye really brings out the tips, and therefore the length. I get people asking me if they are my real eyelashes all the time, especially if I have mascara on. But I don't feel naked anymore just giving my lashes a quick curl & going out. That says a lot from a person who used to say that the one thing I would bring to a desert island was my mascara...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
@ Catsull: Thanks for your answer. OMG, I think I also have to buy now the Lashtint! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
moonstone wrote:

Hi moonstone...I've also used lumigan for about 2.5 months. My lashes are about 50% longer than before and are definitely darker and thicker. I originally used it daily then read that others found 2-3 times weekly was possibly better. Some who use it daily noticed that their eyelashes were a bit spindly and also fell out. Doesn't mean that will happen to you; just thought I'd pass along what I've read:-)

Have fun! batwhirl

Hi batwhirl - Shock wow!!! 50% growth in only 2.5 months is simply amazing and I will be ecstatic if I have similar kind of results.

Thanks for your kind advise and I will definitely cut back the usage of Lumigan if I notice anything bad happens to the lashes. Well , hopefully using Lumigan in combination with Canmake eye lash essence (it supposes to strengthen and add fullness with some nice reviews at makeupalley),will help to prevent my lashes from shedding off. (keeping my fingers crossed...)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone used lumigan and had long term results? I know you can get length but then they can fall out and you have to start over again....so far mine have stayed long I have been using it since last Nov I think.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |