Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
semayden wrote:

I was also really hoping to see Kassy_A's pics - but they seem to have been removed... Crying or Very sad

Welcome to the forum!

Check your PM inbox for my happy snaps!

Kassy,

Can you please PM your pictures to me, too. I would love to see them.

Thank you.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
semayden wrote:

I was also really hoping to see Kassy_A's pics - but they seem to have been removed... Crying or Very sad

Welcome to the forum!

Check your PM inbox for my happy snaps!

Kassy,

Can you please PM your pictures to me, too. I would love to see them.

Thank you.

doba, they look great! She has no mascara on either (before you ask her!). Just eyelash dye a few times a year... Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Alright, you guys are killing me now with PM's.. I'm giving in and posting pictures again, but it really is against my better judgement..

before Lumigan

after about 7 months (have Ardell on lashes only, which holds the curl all day)

Sorry for the blur in the before picture, I tried for a similar pose, but didn't know how to get the size the same.. Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just asked this on another thread, but it makes better sense to post it here...

I was thinking of diluting the Lumigan with some of the Ardell. My reasons are that I've observed that full strength application can result in over-stimulation/lash fallout/spindly lashes. Also, that Lumigan is very liquidy, and can be difficult to apply sparingly.

So, I was thinking of mixing some of the Lumigan with another lash conditioner to stop that sort of thing from the get go. Not thinking of mixing much to start (in case I'm wrong) but just a certain % of each in a small, clean glass container.

After all, the original Marini/Revitalash formulations were just bimatoprost (active ingredient) with suspensions/buffer/preservatives and presumably, a little something to condition/nourish the lashes - weren't they?

Does this sound like a stupid idea? Confused
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Lumigan just 2 weeks and I have significant growth (length) already! with mascara, my lashes look amazingly long. I can't imagine how they will look in a month. I hope that by summer I will no longer need mascara...
so thrilled
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody! I have a question: Is there anyone you used Lilash before using Lumigan itself? Can you make comparisons (which one works faster etc.)?

I“m using my Lilash since 3 weeks but have also Lumigan at home which I haven“t tried yet cause I wanted to see how Lilash works first. I can see a little improvement on my left eyes (blond lash tips). I`m so impatient....would love to have great lashes in summer! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Your results are impressive, Kassy! Smile

I started MSM a few weeks ago, hoping to continue upping the dosage to, ultimately, help break up some of my melasma. My lashes have filled in a bit as a result and I was pleasantly surprised. I will now add in Lumigan!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Here is a news segment on Lumigan for Eye Lash Growth. And the history of lash growth products and what happened with Jan Marini and Revitalash.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Lumigan+for+eyelash+growth&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=3&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdNbSHxM8I0s
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
I just asked this on another thread, but it makes better sense to post it here...

I was thinking of diluting the Lumigan with some of the Ardell. My reasons are that I've observed that full strength application can result in over-stimulation/lash fallout/spindly lashes. Also, that Lumigan is very liquidy, and can be difficult to apply sparingly.

So, I was thinking of mixing some of the Lumigan with another lash conditioner to stop that sort of thing from the get go. Not thinking of mixing much to start (in case I'm wrong) but just a certain % of each in a small, clean glass container.

Someone else gave this a try - I'm pretty sure it was Kassy? but I can't quite remember... in any event, maybe she, or whoever did the experiment, can weigh in on what her results were.

Personally, without knowing what other ingred's are in the Lumigan itself, I'm reluctant to mix it with anything simply because any thicker substance may interfere with the absorption of the Lumigan, or otherwise reduce it's effectiveness. It would be just as easy to apply the Lumigan, let it dry for a few minutes, then apply a lash conditioner of your choice afterward. That's been working for me so far... if I'm not having any problems at the 6 month mark, I'll consider it a "successful" routine. (I've only been using Lumigan for about 3 and a half months now)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
semayden wrote:

Someone else gave this a try - I'm pretty sure it was Kassy? but I can't quite remember... in any event, maybe she, or whoever did the experiment, can weigh in on what her results were.

Yep, it was me, but I can't find which thread it was in.. (Had to be somewhere around July or Aug 2008)..

If memory serves, I mixed 7 or 8 drops of Lumigan up with castor oil, Ardell + maybe MSM or something.. (I just can't remember precisely.)

As I recall it kept my lashes well conditioned, but wasn't responsible for very much growth. Although, I do kind of remember some new lashes coming in with it, and *some* growth..

What worked best for me was using the Lumiigan nightly for about 6 or 7 weeks or so, and then I cut back to every other night when my lashes started to look too long and spindly.. (I didn't want to lose my natural denseness!) I hate the look of too long, thinned out lashes.

Using 3 times a week just keeps a nice length, and doesn't cause much shedding at all.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Yep, it was me, but I can't find which thread it was in.. (Had to be somewhere around July or Aug 2008)..

I thought so! There seem to be quite a few threads devoted to eyelash products, I can't remember where I read what (but I only keep up with this one now).

I figured it must not have been anything special results-wise, since you have a different application method now. I've been following your suggestion of applying every other day (and conditioning my lashes on alternate days), in the hopes of getting a little more length, and then I'll cut back to 2 or 3 times a week. IIRC, it seems that most people that had problems with mass lash fallout had it after 6 months or so? So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I make it past that point with no trouble. (insert praying icon here)
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add that I use a POINTY-TIP Qtip (usually found in the nail care section of stores) to apply my Lumigan. It keeps it from dripping like I was experiencing with brushes and is more sanitary than reusing the same art store brush, no matter how you clean it.

If you do it quickly, the Qtip doesn't absorb the Lumigan too much. I only use one small drop of Lumigan and still have enough left over on the damp Qtip to do both brows.

HTH

PS - Kassy, thanks for sharing your pics - very encouraging and lovely!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thank you very much for sharing your pictures. Very Happy
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:48 am      Reply with quote
This is very interesting. My left eyelashes are shorten and lesser than my right one, and poor me don't have lower eyelashes.

After using DHC for a month, both sides are longer (maybe 10%), very minimal, and I saw very very tiny hair on the lower eyelashes.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for sharing your photo and your eyes are simply gorgeous!

I've been using Lumigan for about 3 weeks but I haven't noticed any significant growth yet. I guess I just need to be more patient with my short and sparse asian eyelashes...
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks Lowbrowscientist and Kassy_A.

I'll have to have second thoughts about mixing Lumigan with any other medium. It might work, but more slowly, I suppose.

Anyway, I have a saddish tale to tell you all - and I had to share it here because I know you'll especially understand.

Last night, I thought I'd try using an eyelash curler (which I rarely use anyway) in a bid to see how long they looked curled!

I was using a curler that I bought a few years back and which is a heavier type with a strong spring mechanism on it.

My hands were still oily from cleaning my face - and as I clamped firmly down on my left lashline, my oily hands somehow slipped on the curler handle - and, well, I think I must have reacted by increasing my grip on the curler handle momentarily. The result was that about 2mm of lashes are now missing from the inner corner of my left eye - the double irony being that, as I said, I'd been successfully using eyelash growth products PLUS the innermost corner still has 2-3 of those stimulated longer lashes left!

So, inner corner = about 2 long sweeping lashes. Then I have a gap of about 2 mm... and then the rest of my lashes at nearly 1 centimetre long.

Sad, eh? Crying or Very sad

Will it take long, do you think, for full regrowth to occur? Surely the eyelash growth stuff I'm using will help it to be quicker? Please say yes...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

Will it take long, do you think, for full regrowth to occur? Surely the eyelash growth stuff I'm using will help it to be quicker? Please say yes...

I don't think the Lumigan will cause them to grow back faster, but it certainly won't slow it down. They'll be growing back in before you know it Smile
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
semayden wrote:

I don't think the Lumigan will cause them to grow back faster, but it certainly won't slow it down. They'll be growing back in before you know it Smile

Oh thanks lowbrowscientist. I do hope you're right...
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Nice pics Kassy. I can't wait till i have long lashes to flutter!
happyAThome
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I placed another order with ADC and they shipped but then after they shipped they said they were having problems with their CC processing and could I send a money order or check to cover the order.

Cash flow problems or what? I checked my bank and they did not withdraw funds from it.

I emailed them back and asked if they had solved the problem and could I resubmit the CC.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
O my Kassy!!! I am ordering Lumigan now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
So some have said that this stuff dries their lashes out and need to supplement it with some sort of oil or moisturizer. I use Emu because I had so much around from using it on my hair. but I'm thinking about getting some castor oil.

Look at this on Makeupalley. It is about castor oil for lash and brow growth. Out of 60 reviews 96% say it works great for this and would keep on using. Out of 60 only TWO were one star (lipstick) 7 were 4 stars and the rest were all 5 stars about the effectiveness to this! I mean one after another saying they have measureable growth on their lashes. Hopefully you don't have to be logged in to view them.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/page=2/pagesize=10/ItemID=100766/SortBy=/AgeRange=0/SkinToneType=/ID=/

I heard about it a long time ago but never really heard much more especially after JM and Revitalash came out. Good 'ol Castor Oil.

Maybe this could give the umph some need to get the Lumigan working better. Many have said the Lumigan alone (as opposed to Jan Marini) had not done anything as far as thickness, only length. Most on here notice a big difference with thickness. Maybe that is what JM added to the formula to help with that. Lumigan for length and Castor Oil for thickness. It WILL moisturize and if it has some properties to help with growth, then all the better.

I'm reading the cold pressed is the kind to get. Must be cold pressed which costs a little more.

Anyone else want to add this to the routine? I use rogaine on my brows and have for years. I'm a little afraid to stop and try this. I used the KFG lash & brow product from skinactives a while back and it did nothing and my brows went sparse again.

But anyone else want to experiment? Other things don't work on my brows because I never had many brows. But for those who overplucked it just may work.

Love to hear feedback.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
People have been raving about castor oil for years. I tried some a few years ago and it did absolutely nothing for me. But, by all means, give it a shot - it's easily accessible, relatively inexpensive and might work really well. I made the mistake of buying 16 ounces with the intent of using it as a conditioner for my hair, too, and also on my skin (oil cleansing method) but my skin and hair didn't seem to care for it, either. I bought it in 2004 or 2005 and I just finally tossed it a month or so ago.

wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
So some have said that this stuff dries their lashes out and need to supplement it with some sort of oil or moisturizer. I use Emu because I had so much around from using it on my hair. but I'm thinking about getting some castor oil.

Look at this on Makeupalley. It is about castor oil for lash and brow growth. Out of 60 reviews 96% say it works great for this and would keep on using. Out of 60 only TWO were one star (lipstick) 7 were 4 stars and the rest were all 5 stars about the effectiveness to this! I mean one after another saying they have measureable growth on their lashes. Hopefully you don't have to be logged in to view them.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/page=2/pagesize=10/ItemID=100766/SortBy=/AgeRange=0/SkinToneType=/ID=/

I heard about it a long time ago but never really heard much more especially after JM and Revitalash came out. Good 'ol Castor Oil.

Maybe this could give the umph some need to get the Lumigan working better. Many have said the Lumigan alone (as opposed to Jan Marini) had not done anything as far as thickness, only length. Most on here notice a big difference with thickness. Maybe that is what JM added to the formula to help with that. Lumigan for length and Castor Oil for thickness. It WILL moisturize and if it has some properties to help with growth, then all the better.

I'm reading the cold pressed is the kind to get. Must be cold pressed which costs a little more.

Anyone else want to add this to the routine? I use rogaine on my brows and have for years. I'm a little afraid to stop and try this. I used the KFG lash & brow product from skinactives a while back and it did nothing and my brows went sparse again.

But anyone else want to experiment? Other things don't work on my brows because I never had many brows. But for those who overplucked it just may work.

Love to hear feedback.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I would not use it alone and no way am I stopping the Lumigan so I'll never know IF it did work. but I need a moisturizer for my lashes so why not. What i loved about JM was the thickness it added so if this helps then why not?
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy, I'm considering using castor oil as well, based on the raves at Makeupalley - once my Lumigan arrives!

People seem well impressed by it, and I agree that the original Jan Marini simply added various conditioning elements to the bimatoprost (was castor oil one of them?).

ATM, while I wait for the Lumigan, I've been using Ardell (contains castor oil) and the Mavala (which doesn't as far as I know). They've given me reasonable results in length, darkness and strength - but I need MORE!

So, yes to castor oil from me. I note that emu oil is also good for conditioning and growing lashes - so may mix those two together in a bottle for use...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |