Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Have you won it yet? I find bidding fun but sooo nerve-wracking. Anyway, I gave up after watching something (that remained at low price)until the last 50 secs - and then bidding. Some hawk was obviously watching closely because I was trumped, even at that late stage. I always thought it fishy, because my bid wouldn't have passed through instantly. Ebay can't work that fast. So, by the time my bid showed up, who'ever outbid me must barely have had time to draw breath before slamming their bid down!!!

This is exactly what happened to me - outbid at the last second, practically! Mad

About applying the serum first and mixing with the Lumigan -- if the Lumigan was in an oil base, I'd say there is likely to be some mixing (although, again, the jojoba and emu do create a barrier and will either keep your other ingredient OUT of the skin or push it deeper depending on which is applied first). Conversely, if your conditioner were water based, or at least formulated with an emulsifier to bind the oils and water, you might get some mixing then.

However, with applying the oils first, and a water-based solution (Lumigan) second, I suspect the Lumigan is barely getting there at all. It's possible that I am wrong, of course, and you may just be one of those people who sees nothing for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden there's an extra millimeter of length. If you continue with the serum first, Lumigan second, and have no results at all in a couple weeks, you could start applying the Lumigan first and see how it goes for you.

I haven't had any problems with darkening eyelid/lashlines, however I'm only applying a few times per week (as opposed to daily), and more often than not, I apply on the inner rim of the lashline. (I apply the oils on the upper eyelid/lashline, of course)
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
However I disagree that Latisse is exactly the same thing. Yes it has the same drug in it but they all had other ingredients that worked in a synergistic way to add length and thickness. Most using the Lumigan only did not have much success with the thickness.

Are you sure there's a difference though? Do you know what makes it different?

I only ask because at first I thought it was different too, but then I read about it and realized it is (or appears to be) the exact same thing. Both Latisse and Lumigan are the same 0.03 volume bimatoprost, right down to the exact same carrier solution.

Edited to add:

Several medical doctors are agreeing that Latisse and Lumigan are exactly the same:

(excerpt from:
http://www.realself.com/question/latisse-bimatoprost )

Latisse and Lumigan are the same Answer by Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic surgeon

Latisse and Lumigan are the same medication in different bottles so they will have the same effect. Having said that,if you are in the United States, especially, I caution you from asking your doctor for a prescription for Lumigan, though, if you do not have glaucoma.

If you are trying to get your insurance to pay for your eyelash treatments, this is a bad idea as your insurance records will be flagged as you having glaucoma treatments. It might make it difficult for you to get insurance in the future, as the glaucoma could be considered a pre-existing condition if you are changing health insurance (or applying for life insurance).

There is a whole column of opthamologists giving the same answer -- they are the same thing.

This is good news for us, because the Lumigan is cheaper, and now we don't have to sit around wondering if shelling out big bucks for Latisse will give us extra density .... we already know that if we aren't getting density from Lumigan, Latisse won't do it either.

So, on to plan B -- Rapid Lash Smile
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
However I disagree that Latisse is exactly the same thing. Yes it has the same drug in it but they all had other ingredients that worked in a synergistic way to add length and thickness. Most using the Lumigan only did not have much success with the thickness.

Are you sure there's a difference though? Do you know what makes it different?

I only ask because at first I thought it was different too, but then I read about it and realized it is (or appears to be) the exact same thing. Both Latisse and Lumigan are the same 0.03 volume bimatoprost, right down to the exact same carrier solution.

Edited to add:

Several medical doctors are agreeing that Latisse and Lumigan are exactly the same:

(excerpt from:
http://www.realself.com/question/latisse-bimatoprost )

Latisse and Lumigan are the same Answer by Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic surgeon

Latisse and Lumigan are the same medication in different bottles so they will have the same effect. Having said that,if you are in the United States, especially, I caution you from asking your doctor for a prescription for Lumigan, though, if you do not have glaucoma.

If you are trying to get your insurance to pay for your eyelash treatments, this is a bad idea as your insurance records will be flagged as you having glaucoma treatments. It might make it difficult for you to get insurance in the future, as the glaucoma could be considered a pre-existing condition if you are changing health insurance (or applying for life insurance).

There is a whole column of opthamologists giving the same answer -- they are the same thing.

This is good news for us, because the Lumigan is cheaper, and now we don't have to sit around wondering if shelling out big bucks for Latisse will give us extra density .... we already know that if we aren't getting density from Lumigan, Latisse won't do it either.

So, on to plan B -- Rapid Lash Smile

Oh no no. I said they ARE the same drug. Latisse has the Lumigan in it. That part is exactly the same. I meant it is not the same thing because there are added ingredients that help boost the Lumigan drug. So using Lumigan alone is not the same as using the Lumigan drug with added ingredients to help boost the effects of it. I think those other ingredients are there to help with thickness and maybe even more length.
i am not getting the same results after 4 weeks with Lumigan as I did with JM. At 3 weeks I most definitely had the length and obvious thickness where with Lumigan only I have some length and do believe I could get more by next month. I just want more that's all. It is totally a personal decision for me. Many on Lumigan alone are very happy and I don't discount their results. But I did notice in the photos i saw that they did not have a problem with thickness to begin with so adding length only works beutifully.

sorry to make that clear...
andrina
5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
happyAThome wrote:
can anyone tell us what store(s) they found Ardell in and where it was located in the store?

I know it's not in Walmart.....

Try looking on Ebay, that's where I got mine (Less than $5.00 shipping included)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

Oh no no. I said they ARE the same drug. Latisse has the Lumigan in it. That part is exactly the same. I meant it is not the same thing because there are added ingredients that help boost the Lumigan drug. So using Lumigan alone is not the same as using the Lumigan drug with added ingredients to help boost the effects of it. I think those other ingredients are there to help with thickness and maybe even more length.
i am not getting the same results after 4 weeks with Lumigan as I did with JM. At 3 weeks I most definitely had the length and obvious thickness where with Lumigan only I have some length and do believe I could get more by next month. I just want more that's all. It is totally a personal decision for me. Many on Lumigan alone are very happy and I don't discount their results. But I did notice in the photos i saw that they did not have a problem with thickness to begin with so adding length only works beutifully.

sorry to make that clear...

Sorry, totally misunderstood you the first time!

I'm happy with the Lumigan myself, but my lashes were very sparse to begin with, so I do know what you mean about wanting some more thickness. I think my lashes are in pretty good shape, but once I finally get my hands on some Rapid Lash I am interested in seeing if they can be better. ::fingers crossed:: Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients in LATISSE™?
Active ingredient: bimatoprost
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8 — 7.8.
Inctive Ingredients
sodium chloride,sodium phosphate, dibasic,citric acid,water,sodium hydroride,hydrochloric acid

Looks like the same thing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
What are the ingredients in LATISSE™?
Active ingredient: bimatoprost
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8 — 7.8.
Inctive Ingredients
sodium chloride,sodium phosphate, dibasic,citric acid,water,sodium hydroride,hydrochloric acid

Looks like the same thing!

Aha, I was just coming to get your post on this from SCT! Thanks Fawnie.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
semayden wrote:
Have you won it yet? I find bidding fun but sooo nerve-wracking. Anyway, I gave up after watching something (that remained at low price)until the last 50 secs - and then bidding. Some hawk was obviously watching closely because I was trumped, even at that late stage. I always thought it fishy, because my bid wouldn't have passed through instantly. Ebay can't work that fast. So, by the time my bid showed up, who'ever outbid me must barely have had time to draw breath before slamming their bid down!!!

This is exactly what happened to me - outbid at the last second, practically! Mad

About applying the serum first and mixing with the Lumigan -- if the Lumigan was in an oil base, I'd say there is likely to be some mixing (although, again, the jojoba and emu do create a barrier and will either keep your other ingredient OUT of the skin or push it deeper depending on which is applied first). Conversely, if your conditioner were water based, or at least formulated with an emulsifier to bind the oils and water, you might get some mixing then.

However, with applying the oils first, and a water-based solution (Lumigan) second, I suspect the Lumigan is barely getting there at all. It's possible that I am wrong, of course, and you may just be one of those people who sees nothing for a few weeks, and then all of a sudden there's an extra millimeter of length. If you continue with the serum first, Lumigan second, and have no results at all in a couple weeks, you could start applying the Lumigan first and see how it goes for you.

I haven't had any problems with darkening eyelid/lashlines, however I'm only applying a few times per week (as opposed to daily), and more often than not, I apply on the inner rim of the lashline. (I apply the oils on the upper eyelid/lashline, of course)

Hey, better luck next time Lowbrowscientist. I think these things are sometimes rigged - however, I have been lucky on one occasion!

Thanks for the info. about the oils, emulsification & Lumigan solution considerations...

You are applying the Lumigan to your inner lashline rim?! First time I've heard of that one! My turn to ask - why? Shock Aren't you risking greater contact with the cornea etc? Please explain because I am dying here of curiosity. I know you'll have reasoned it out...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

You are applying the Lumigan to your inner lashline rim?! First time I've heard of that one! My turn to ask - why? Shock Aren't you risking greater contact with the cornea etc? Please explain because I am dying here of curiosity. I know you'll have reasoned it out...

I know it sounds a bit crazy Wink

The reason I decided to try it this way is because when people use it for glaucoma (as an eyedrop), they also get great lashes as a side effect, but they don't have the redness & sensitivity, the mass lash-fallout after a certain period of regular use, OR the darkening lashline. And, for them, it only hits the lashes by way of the inner eyelash rim. So, I thought if I tried it this way I might be able to avoid all the side effects.

I am indeed risking more contact with the eye, however:

1] I only apply a few times a week, and

2] there is such a small amount on the brush that even if some were to get in my eye, I'm just not worried about it. I do examine my irises pretty much every day to make sure there is no discoloration.

In fact, awhile back when I asked my eye doc about it, he told me that everyone gets SOME minimal migration, no matter how careful they are. So, very small amounts are not going to make a significant difference (not enough that it's necessary to stop use, in any event).

I'm actually due for an eye appointment soon, so I'll ask the doc to check intraocular pressure and see if everything's as it should be. If there's a problem, I'll probably switch to top of the lashline only.

ETA -- I finally won a Rapid Lash auction! There were no other bids, but I still waited till there were only 40 seconds left before placing the bid. I got it for $25 (free shipping), so I really couldn't be happier Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just information to thrown in the mix here. My mother-in-law has glaucoma and has used lumigan as drops for a couple of years. She has redness around the eyes, and the lashes go through the thickening phase with the shedding.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
semayden wrote:

I know it sounds a bit crazy Wink

The reason I decided to try it this way is because when people use it for glaucoma (as an eyedrop), they also get great lashes as a side effect, but they don't have the redness & sensitivity, the mass lash-fallout after a certain period of regular use, OR the darkening lashline. And, for them, it only hits the lashes by way of the inner eyelash rim. So, I thought if I tried it this way I might be able to avoid all the side effects.

I am indeed risking more contact with the eye, however:

1] I only apply a few times a week, and

2] there is such a small amount on the brush that even if some were to get in my eye, I'm just not worried about it. I do examine my irises pretty much every day to make sure there is no discoloration.

In fact, awhile back when I asked my eye doc about it, he told me that everyone gets SOME minimal migration, no matter how careful they are. So, very small amounts are not going to make a significant difference (not enough that it's necessary to stop use, in any event).

I'm actually due for an eye appointment soon, so I'll ask the doc to check intraocular pressure and see if everything's as it should be. If there's a problem, I'll probably switch to top of the lashline only.

ETA -- I finally won a Rapid Lash auction! There were no other bids, but I still waited till there were only 40 seconds left before placing the bid. I got it for $25 (free shipping), so I really couldn't be happier Very Happy

First of all - I'm delighted that you've succeeded in your Rapidlash bid. Well done! It takes patience and nerves, but it's such fun when it works out!!

Second - I knew you would have reasoned it out as carefully as you could, so I'm prepared to take your theory seriously. Scarey though in some way, because I, personally am already unnerved by putting it outside the eye (migration or no). You say that Glaucoma patients didn't get redness of overall eye? Tonight I came (internet-wise) across an optometrist, who is recording her ongoing progress with Latisse on herself. Concerning the Lumigan, she has been overseeing usage as a glaucoma med. with her patients for several years. She claims that red/bloodshot eyes were a side effect. Tell me if you want me to try and trawl back to her fairly helpful site (should have bookmarked!).

That said, it's irrelevant anyway - if you're not bloodshot etc. Very Happy

Interesting. I must think about this. Thanks so much for your quick replies. Wink
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Concerning the Lumigan, she has been overseeing usage as a glaucoma med. with her patients for several years. She claims that red/bloodshot eyes were a side effect.

Wow, I hadn't heard (or read) that! Though, with something that alters pressure, I guess it makes some sense.

But yes, fortunately, I'm having no trouble, presumably because very little - or none, if I'm lucky - is actually getting in my eye. It probably takes me longer to apply than it does for most, but I'm really careful and I apply it with a tiny brush for precision. (It still only takes a few minutes, but it would be faster if I was just swiping it on)

Quote:
Thanks so much for your quick replies. Wink

I am sitting in front of a desk reading this forum FAR more often than I should be Wink haha
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first place I go in the morning and after I do the dishes at night- and on my breaks at work...
here and couple of other boards...
I love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, remember I ripped some lashes out a few weeks back? They're coming in well now. So, I thought I'd be clever and try again with a different pair.

I cut a bit out of both sets of upper lashes this time! The curlers were old and the top metal bar was bypassing the pad (evidently) and coming down on the lower metal edge a la guillotine! Rolling Eyes

So much for growth then! Still, there are plenty lashes left (just as well that I've been doing the lash growth stuff) and it doesn't look too bad with some carefully applied eye makeup.

The clipped lashes (about 2mm in length) are revealing a very dark and bushy growth coming through - so I suppose that's rather exciting and hopefully Lumigan based. Very Happy

Quite funny really (in an ironical sort of way)... Laughing
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
There is only ingredient in the Latisse that is not in the Lumigan. benzalkonium chloride

I don't know anything about it. So they are not exactly the same. Frankly if Latisse IS considered exactly the same then I would not be that impressed with it. I still want thickness and after a month of Lumigan I just don't have it.

I just got my Rapid Lash in the mail today. It says that I will have longer and thicker lashes in 30 days.

We shall see...
andrina
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Re: benzalkonium chloride in Latisse

Description:
Antiseptic agent is a substance which kills or inhibits the growth of disease-causing bacteria and other microorganisms. It is essentially nontoxic to be applied to the skin or mucous membranes. Hexachlorophene and Benzalkonium Chloride are used primarily in hand or face washes. Benzalkonium Chloride must not be applied to areas which have not been fully rinsed as it is inactivated by organic compounds. Benzalkonium application many include disinfecting instruments and preservativing drugs in low concentration form.

I personally don't think that this ingredient would do anything to enhance lash thickness. I too was curious when I compared the ingredients between Latisse and Lumigan, so I decided to look it up.

So I am now assuming that both Latisse & Lumigan must work exactly the same way, except for this added "antibacterial" ingredient in the Latisse.

Let us know if using the Rapid Lash helps with the thickness. Good luck

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
There is only ingredient in the Latisse that is not in the Lumigan. benzalkonium chloride

I don't know anything about it. So they are not exactly the same. Frankly if Latisse IS considered exactly the same then I would not be that impressed with it. I still want thickness and after a month of Lumigan I just don't have it.

I just got my Rapid Lash in the mail today. It says that I will have longer and thicker lashes in 30 days.

We shall see...

These were the two lists that I copied from seperate places on the internet. Benz. Cloride is an antibacterial commonly used (so I thought) in medications.

Latisse - $100-$145USD/2.5 ml
Ingred:Active ingredient: bimatoprost 0.3mg/ml
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified
water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from
6.8 - 7.8.

© 2009 Allergan, Inc.

Lumigan $12 + $25USD S&H/3 ml (from ADC)
Ingred: Contains: Active: bimatoprost 0.3 mg/mL; Preservative: Benzalkonium chloride 0.05 mg/mL; Inactives: Sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8-7.8.

Yes, I have my Lumigan leaflet here in front of me, and it says it contains Benzalkonium Chloride 0.05mg (along with the other Lumigan ingredients above).

Good luckwith the Rapidlash. I'll be hoping you get the results you want...
andrina
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
So, am I understanding it correct, the only difference between the two products is the name that they are marketed under.

Plus the small difference in the price Lumigan from ADC - $12.99 + $25.00 shipping, compared to Latisse $120 from a doctor....seems to be a "no brainer" to me (bit of Aussie sarcasm there)

I guess there will be many people who will buy Latisse just because of the marketing and those people probably would not be doing the research that we are doing. Those people also probably dont have to worry about money either.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
How did y'all get RapidLash so cheap. They're all about $50 now!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
So, am I understanding it correct, the only difference between the two products is the name that they are marketed under.

Plus the small difference in the price Lumigan from ADC - $12.99 + $25.00 shipping, compared to Latisse $120 from a doctor....seems to be a "no brainer" to me (bit of Aussie sarcasm there)

I guess there will be many people who will buy Latisse just because of the marketing and those people probably would not be doing the research that we are doing. Those people also probably dont have to worry about money either.

Well, it looks like it to me - unless there is something else that Allergan have added into the Latisse, which they are not declaring. I don't know much about the workings of the FDA. Would Allergan have had to submit a 'true' listing of the Latisse ingredients, or are there loopholes? I wish I knew for sure. Certainly, on the face of it, it looks as if Allergan are being breathtakingly greedy (and very naive) by simply re-christening Lumigan as Latisse. And possibly assuming that the nice, well-behaved public wouldn't dream of buying Lumigan from foreign shores at a fraction of the price of Latisse.

One of the next questions to follow on from that must be, how long before Allergan try to stop sales of Lumigan at the low price we have from places like Alldaychemist. Conversely, how long before Alldaychemist and their like, decide to jump on the bandwagon and raise their prices? It's an interesting question to me, because ADC and IHP must be aware that Lumigan demand has risen over the last year - and surely asked themselves why?

Oh well... time for my nightly dose of cheap Latisse - oops, sorry, meant Lumigan of course! Laughing
andrina
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
You must be reading my mind...its funny when someone else so articulately puts your exact thoughts in writing.
I completely agree with everything you said in your posting and am also thinking that if the Lumigan works for me (I have just started) that maybe I should stock up on it.....
Keep us updated on your progress

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think I need to stock up!
I have only been on Lumigan/Latisse now for one week and I am certainly seeing results.....not wow of course, but some length.....I love this product.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been on this for a month or so now and I love it. I have seen a definite increase in my length top and bottom. My lashes were long to begin with, but this just gives them that extra WOW factor....

I had mainly bought this for a "bald" spot on my lower left lash line...seems I never could grow a few lashes in there or at least for as long as I can remember....odd little thingy here, I have noticed some growth there already with Lumigan, BUT the hair that grew in wont go straight! That little bugger seems to want to jut outwards and cross over others and no matter what I do it wont do what I want it to, not with mascara, nothing!!! Shock Embarassed I think eventually I will have to pluck it but will let it get longer to see if it will straighten out.... OOOOHHHH THE IRONY!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Note to self:

Next time listen to your body when it wont do something for you....perhaps it's not doing it for a reason!!! rofl

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:

I absolutely agree with you.

But even smarter than buying Lumigan is to simply get generic Bimatoprost eye drops (they come in the exact same strength as Lumigan & Latisse, it's the same thing, but even cheaper).

If you travel a lot internationally, like I do, you can pick them up in most any pharmacy, especially in third wrld countries. Even though they are supposed to be prescription only, they are often sold without any questions asked. Glaucoma eye drops are not exactly high on the list for drug smugglers and date rapists!

I feel bad for those who spend money on RevitaLash etc. these days, since we already know their "new and improved" formula in reality means they removed the active ingredients (because they were forced to). Those companies are just relying on the hype from previous years to sell products that have no longer any redeeming qualities, short of some emollients. But grow hair, they won't.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

We shall see...

These were the two lists that I copied from seperate places on the internet. Benz. Cloride is an antibacterial commonly used (so I thought) in medications.

Latisse - $100-$145USD/2.5 ml
Ingred:Active ingredient: bimatoprost 0.3mg/ml
Inactive ingredients: benzalkonium chloride; sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified
water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from
6.8 - 7.8.

© 2009 Allergan, Inc.

Lumigan $12 + $25USD S&H/3 ml (from ADC)
Ingred: Contains: Active: bimatoprost 0.3 mg/mL; Preservative: Benzalkonium chloride 0.05 mg/mL; Inactives: Sodium chloride; sodium phosphate, dibasic; citric acid; and purified water. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH. The pH during its shelf life ranges from 6.8-7.8.

Yes, I have my Lumigan leaflet here in front of me, and it says it contains Benzalkonium Chloride 0.05mg (along with the other Lumigan ingredients above).

Good luckwith the Rapidlash. I'll be hoping you get the results you want...

I guess I was assuming that the Latisse had more than the Lum because the old eyelash products had so much in them. Hence the price.

That is ridiculous that they charge all that money for something that is only a few dollars. WRONG. I would assume that if they were charging so much, certainly they would make it special. Gosh get the word out about the Lumigan and Latisse being the same. That is gouging!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |