Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
My friend is on Lumigan and in 2 weeks you can see it growing. I’m not saying that it will grow its full length, but you’ll def see some growth within 2 weeks. Of course to make the most out of it, maximum results are at 16 weeks. You can look on youtube for many videos where users have reported a growth in their lashes within 2 weeks.

I find that very hard to believe. And some people only have a modest improvement after 3, 4 months, too.

Some of those before-and-after pictures of real people that have been posted here (not the models with exceptional results on the Latisse website) have results that are really, in all fairness, not that much to write home about even though the users themselves are happy with the improvement.
lilbou4
5% products discount

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I need serious help!! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS NOT GROWING LASHES??!s
I have 2 obvious bald spot on my right eyelash line and I have been using Lumigan for 4 weeks so far, everyday before I go to bed and I don't see any improvement!!
I am so depressed! what is wrong with me?! There is no growth except for darken around the eyes and itchy eye!!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
funkydory wrote:
My friend is on Lumigan and in 2 weeks you can see it growing. I’m not saying that it will grow its full length, but you’ll def see some growth within 2 weeks. Of course to make the most out of it, maximum results are at 16 weeks. You can look on youtube for many videos where users have reported a growth in their lashes within 2 weeks.

I find that very hard to believe. And some people only have a modest improvement after 3, 4 months, too.

Some of those before-and-after pictures of real people that have been posted here (not the models with exceptional results on the Latisse website) have results that are really, in all fairness, not that much to write home about even though the users themselves are happy with the improvement.

This girl reported longer lashes within 3 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MpJ18mI2NE

I'm not here to dispute with you, but merely sharing what I have seen with my friend's lashes. It was her lashes that convinced me to buy a tube of lumigan to try it out since I could actually see a difference within 2 weeks.

I have been using a eyelash serum from a jap brand for 2 months with very very little improvement and hence I was amazed by how much my friend's lashes grew within 2 weeks, which I have witnessed myself.

She may be one of the lucky ones, to have experienced such a vast improvement over a short period of time. My friend (or I for that matter) sure dont work for Lumigan or get paid by them for posting here! Laughing This is what a forum is for right? To share experiences and learn.

Dont have to be so skeptical and doubtful yah?
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone trying Lumigan on eyebrows? results?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Anyone trying Lumigan on eyebrows? results?

Hi mogulicous, I use lumigan on my brows and have noticed a minor increase in thickness. One is a bit unruly however manageable with a bit of gel. Definitely worth the effort for me:-)
lilbou4
5% products discount

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have 2 obvious bald spot on my right eyelash line and I have been using Lumigan for 4 weeks so far, everyday before I go to bed and I don't see any improvement!!
I am so depressed! what is wrong with me?! There is no growth except for darken around the eyes and itchy eye!!
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:

You're really not going to see noticeable results until about 2 months in. If you go back and read through this board, most people talked about how they saw nothing, nothing, nothing, then BAM!, at 2 months, their lashes were amazing. I think 4 months is when you see the peak results. Be patient. I've been using Lumigan for 6 weeks now (2 months, really, but I skipped 2 weeks because of a sty) and I'm just now noticing a difference, but only when I wear mascara. This stuff really tests you, but try not to despair.

Also, I agree with SwedishCharlotte that 2 weeks is WAY too early to see much in the way of growth. Maybe some lucky ducks do, but I don't think that's the norm. Just my two cents. Smile
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:08 am      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:

I started using Lilash in mid February and did´nt see any improvement and mixed my Lumigan in the tube at the end of March. After about 1 month I had some visible improvement with some single lashes on each eye. 3-4 lashes were really long. Now, growth seems very slow. Unfortunately, I haven´t taken any pictures. I think I got maybe already kind of used to my lashes, since growth is so slow. But some days ago, I watched my lashes from all angles (also from above, closing one eyes) and I was so much more impressed! They seem to be somehow more and also longer. But when I see normally in the mirrow there doesn´t seem to be that much improvement - maybe because like this I see them everyday so I got so used to it that I don´t notice the growth....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:19 am      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
I started using Lilash in mid February and did´nt see any improvement and mixed my Lumigan in the tube at the end of March.

Don't waste your money on Lilash and scam products like it. They contain no active ingredient that can grow your lashes, no matter what they try to advertise. The only two chemicals that are proven to grow your lashes are both found in Rx products, (Lumigan/Latisse and Travatan) due to the patent held by the drug companies.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I won´t buy anything like Lilash anymore. It was also soo expensive!!! So probably now I can say I started in April...so there is still some hope for big growth Wink

5% products discount

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to order lumigan from ADC but would it be a problem to order 10-15 bottles immediately as I would like to avoid the costs for shipping every month or every two months?

What's the right procedure to order it?

something else:

I was wondering: using it for bigger areas like scalp,...might be possible if you dilute it with something else. maybe it would still be very active.

How do you avoid skin darkening. I want my hair/lashes to darken, that's my goal but I don't wanna look like a monster.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:
I would love to order lumigan from ADC but would it be a problem to order 10-15 bottles immediately as I would like to avoid the costs for shipping every month or every two months?

You can only try. That's definitely what I would do, too. The shipping cost is really high and it makes sense to stock up if you have the funds. Just bear in mind that theoretically, the bottles have en expiration date of 1 year. That doesn't mean that they really go bad after a year, only that the maker (Allergan) only guarantees the content to be good for 1 year.

Quote:
What's the right procedure to order it?

Fill out the order form normally and hope that it goes through. I don't think they have a limit, so unless you order hundreds, it shouldn't get flagged. And they are in business to sell product, so... But who knows?

Quote:
I was wondering: using it for bigger areas like scalp,...might be possible if you dilute it with something else. maybe it would still be very active.

Pretty crazy idea, since it's such an expensive product. There is Rogaine for head hair. It doesn't make sense to use Lumigan.

Quote:
How do you avoid skin darkening. I want my hair/lashes to darken, that's my goal but I don't wanna look like a monster.

I wish I knew. The lashes do get darker, but so does all the surrounding eyelid skin and it's not pretty. It looks like you haven't slept in days, like severe "dark circles". Not everybody gets the skin discoloration, though. If you are lucky, you will never have that problem.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:

The only thing I would worry about is that the site used to say something about a shipping out a reasonable supply or something and mentioned 3 months worth.

I ordered my first bottle three months ago and I am still not done with it. Afterall, normally you don't apply it everyday the entire time you use it. I would try for 3 or 6 at the most.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I just read on Wiki that bimatoprost (the active in this) has also been reported to increase fat loss - apparently, some people have noticed fat deposits around their eyes getting smaller. Now, this might be a good thing for eye bags, but not good if you have hollows or tear troughs.

It has been reported to impact an area called the "lid sulcus".

BF
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
maybe I should also order from that other site where it costs less when you order 6 bottles,

what's the name of that site again?

I'd love to order for my mom and sister too, we all have light and sparse lashes and it would be crazy to pay shipment costs 3 times.

are there any other sites that are cheaper when you order larger amounts?

I know diluting it would be crazy but many diluted substances still work very well and I'd also like to darken my hair without the use of dyes so that's an extra thing all those other lotions don't have.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:

I know diluting it would be crazy but many diluted substances still work very well and I'd also like to darken my hair without the use of dyes so that's an extra thing all those other lotions don't have.

Somehow I don't think a dilution would work on the whole scalp. I'm trying to think of something well known to compare the amount of product you get to... The bottle is 3ml, which is just slightly over 1/2 a teaspoon.

Also, are you talking about wanting to darken the hair on your head with it? I really don't think your expectations for this product are appropriate.

Buy 3 bottles, 1 for you, 1 for your sister, and 1 for your mother. That should at least be enough for you to try for 2-3 months and see IF you have any response to the lumigan. Some people don't. Some people get growth that they don't like. Some get darkening of their lashes, some don't. Some get darkening of their eyelids, some donn't. I just don't want you to think of this as a miracle drug until you try it out.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:

I gotta jump in here and offer some help. I am having GREAT progress with my lashes AND brows with the RapidLash.

Here is the thread I started. PAGE 1 has it at 2 weeks after using RL and PAGE 2 has it 5 weeks or so.
Scroll down on page 2 and you see my brow growth:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33657&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25

It goes for only $50 (but I still found some at $28 and $36 on ebay before) and works so well. The Lumigan was barely working for me and quite drying so I set out to find some supplements to help condition my lashes. and found Rapid Lash. I saw noticeable results in 2 weeks. I got the pics on my thread to prove it. REALLY longer after 5 weeks and now after like 7 weeks my bottom lashes are longer than where my TOP lashes started! Frigging amazing with mascara on and really cool without cuz my lashes are tinted black now.

Official Site:
https://www.rapidlash.com/ver2/

Kathy Lee and Hoda on Today Show raving about it: starts 3:45 into it.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58886190

Dermstore.com Reviews.
Pages and pages of 5 star reviews.
http://www.dermstore.com/reviews/product_Eyelash+Renewal+Serum_15373.htm

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this product. No side effects like I had with JM and Lumigan. You know the eyelid darkening?

Rapid Lash will not have the FDA on it because there IS NO DRUG in it. Read about it on my first page. they engineered one ingredient that is similar to what Lumigan is but isolated it from that family so that it is NOT A DRUG. So you do not need to use a drug to lengthen your lashes. Not anymore!!! this is gonna be BIG! They are genius to sell it so low because many more will TRY something at $50 as opposed to $120-$150. Once you try it you are hooked!

So if Lumigan does not work for you, maybe try the Rapidlash. If you are happy with Lumigan, keep using it by all means. It works well for many many people.

skinstore.com has free shipping on RL and 10% off right now.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
I gotta jump in here and offer some help. I am having GREAT progress with my lashes AND brows with the RapidLash.... It goes for only $50.... and works so well....Official Site:
https://www.rapidlash.com/ver2/...Kathy Lee and Hoda on Today Show raving about it....http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58886190...I can't tell you how pleased I am with this product....Once you try it you are hooked!...free shipping on RL and 10% off right now.

OK. Please tell us, exactly, what the miracle ingredient in this product is?

...Cuz I have been unable to find any chemical content listed that has any actual beneficial effect on lash growth whatsoever.

Looks a lot like spam to me.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:

No comment on the RL, but...

I don't think it is spam. Wen has been a member here a long time (but her username used to be wenrwdy). She is the one that they used her pics on the ebay auction.
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't think it's spam either. I figured wenrow was Wenwerdy.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on here for YEARS

Search my name in author and you will see I'm a VIP member. Look over to the left. My name says I am. Over the years I have posted many many raves on products on EDS with pictures to prove it. I would NEVER post a rave on something I could not prove works and works well.

Go back in THIS thread. I was on here trying out Lumigan just like you guys. It shows EXACTLY when and how I was looking into supplements for Lumigan because I had drying effects. It SHOWS when I discovered RL and even shared some pics in the beginning.

Yes recently I changed my username from Wenrwdy because it had my email on there b/c of a glitch. You will still see the old name in QUOTES by me though.

Not trying to spam, just trying to help.
Until you are a cosmetic scientist I don't know how you can say what does what.

Oh well I know there are nice EDS ladies on her that know me and would never attack me. (talking to you guys, thanks for defending)

Good day
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
I've been on here for YEARS ladies.

Search my name in author and you will see I'm a VIP member. Look over to the left. My name says I am. Over the years I have posted many many raves on products on EDS with pictures to prove it. I would NEVER post a rave on something I could not prove works and works well.

Go back in THIS thread. I was on here trying out Lumigan just like you guys. It shows EXACTLY when and how I was looking into supplements for Lumigan because I had drying effects. It SHOWS when I discovered RL and even shared some pics in the beginning.

Yes recently I changed my username from Wenrwdy because it had my email on there b/c of a glitch. You will still see the old name in QUOTES by me though.

Not trying to spam, just trying to help.
Until you are a cosmetic scientist I don't know how you can say what does what.

Oh well I know there are nice EDS ladies on her that know me and would never attack me.

Good day ladies

Awww, I'm really sorry you feel that way! Don't be upset...it was probably just your name change that confused some people. I just figured it was still you, but some might not have noticed the similarity or remembered you!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Before one accuses someone of spamming, look at the name to the left. If it says NEW MEMBER it could be a spam. But if it someone who is VIP then I doubt it is. You know? That is your first clue.

I have not posted over here in awhile because I had been using the RL and not Lumigan. But I did not know there were rules about suggesting a different product. If I am having a good experience with something... hell a GREAT experience with something, I like to share.

So the information is up and if anyone is interested you can look into the links I posted or post over on the RL thread.

Cheers!

Wendy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I just read on Wiki that bimatoprost (the active in this) has also been reported to increase fat loss - apparently, some people have noticed fat deposits around their eyes getting smaller. Now, this might be a good thing for eye bags, but not good if you have hollows or tear troughs.

It has been reported to impact an area called the "lid sulcus".

BF

Interesting, but if you use it on upper lids only, would it impact the tear troughs or bags which are undereye area?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
wenrow wrote:
I gotta jump in here and offer some help. I am having GREAT progress with my lashes AND brows with the RapidLash.... It goes for only $50.... and works so well....Official Site:
https://www.rapidlash.com/ver2/...Kathy Lee and Hoda on Today Show raving about it....http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58886190...I can't tell you how pleased I am with this product....Once you try it you are hooked!...free shipping on RL and 10% off right now.

OK. Please tell us, exactly, what the miracle ingredient in this product is?

...Cuz I have been unable to find any chemical content listed that has any actual beneficial effect on lash growth whatsoever.

No, not a spam. She just changed her user name because her user name before was her email address, so she probably felt uncomfortable to have that, plus it was really long.

I've seen Wedy's pictures on the rapidlash thread, and I'm sure she's not spamming. I just bought it myself on costco.com to try out. Costco backs ALL products you purchase from them, so if this doesn't work for me, I'm going to return it. Very Happy

I wonder if anyone knows this, but for people who use Lumigan for glaucoma and they have to put it inside their eyes, I know they still get longer lashes, but do their eyelids also darken up, too?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |