Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've almost used up my first bottle of lattisse that I bought back at the end of April. I can't believe how thick and long my lashes have gotten. I've had no problem with any of the side effects that can be cause by the product. I bought a second bottle from my doc, he was running a special on it. He said that after you get the results you want use it only 3x a week. As long as I don't suffer from any of the side effects, I will keep on using it.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
no results at all after 2 weeks, is that normal?
my eyes are still very red. I thought it was a bit better a few days ago but today they're very red.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
my eyes are still very red. I thought it was a bit better a few days ago but today they're very red.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
It can take up to 4 weeks before you see any difference. You only need a little bit on the lash line. I don't use the brushes that come with the kit I throw them away and use a thin liner brush. Remember more in not always better. If you keep having problems with the product you might want to stop using it and consult your doc.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:

Did you not read the thread at all? It will take a few months to see any actual results, anywhere from 2 to 4. The hair must grow out, millimeter by millimeter, after all. It doesn't just miraculously appear over night.

I have used Lumigan for 5 months, my eyes are still very red on occasion, but no longer every day. It's one of the side effects. I skip application if I have an important date or something, to avoid the redness.

Also, skip the ridiculously overpriced Latisse and just get Lumigan instead. Same exact ingredient in the same strength, made by the same drug company, for about 1/3 of the money.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have important meetings on a daily basis. I really hope the redness will disappear, the first days I didnt even use a brush but now I do although I'm going to look for a smaller one.

I have also read that latisse contains only 5 pct of lumigan? In other words, diluted lumigan will still work?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
again, you only need a tiny bit! I have a lighted 15 times magnifying mirror that I use when I put it on...I make sure its a very small amount I dip the brush and then shake it and tap on the edge of the bottle...applying more than a very thin line can give you red eyes.
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:
I have also read that latisse contains only 5 pct of lumigan? In other words, diluted lumigan will still work?

I think that 5% is the amount of bimatoprost that gets into the eyes through application on the eyelashes as compared to an individual that uses it as eye drops directly into the eyes to treat glaucoma.

Lumigan and Latisse are the EXACT same product. The percentage of bimatoprost, ingredients, preservatives, etc.... Even the plastic dropper bottle is the same. The only thing is Latisse comes with single-use applicator brushes. That is why this thread was started. Because many of us found out Lumigan was exactly the same as Latisse but much cheaper when purchased from an overseas pharmacy.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Lenniemi wrote:

It is the exact same product. They both contain 0,03% Bimatoprost. There is no difference.

With Latisse, you get a set of really crappy applicator brushes too. You don't want those brushes anyway (that's why you see tons of people trying to get rid of them on Ebay), you want to use a super-fine tip brush from the Arts & Crafts store.

You probably need to go back and read this thread from the beginning - all those questions have already been addressed many times over.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
it's scandalous that they try to fool people by selling latisse for a ridiculous price
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
Lenniemi wrote:

It is the exact same product. They both contain 0,03% Bimatoprost. There is no difference.

With Latisse, you get a set of really crappy applicator brushes too. You don't want those brushes anyway (that's why you see tons of people trying to get rid of them on Ebay), you want to use a super-fine tip brush from the Arts & Crafts store.

You probably need to go back and read this thread from the beginning - all those questions have already been addressed many times over.

People are selling the applicator brushes on ebay??? Why in the world would anyone want to buy them?
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
wow! I have been using lumigan for a little over 2 months,and am a model...
even makeup artists have asked me where I got such real-looking eyelash extensions! weird!
I had long lashes to begin with, but now they are almost ridiculous...my mascara gets up on my eyebrows,practically!
I am going to do every couple days now. maintenance! otherwise, I look like I am wearing falsies!

PS: I have very light green eyes and have seen no color change!
PSS: I use an extremely thin eyeliner brush. I hear the Latisse brush they market is too thick and you waste a lot, hence they make more moola!

I seriously hope this never causes cancer or anything..ughh!

It is so cheap for an amazing beauty secret! Very Happy

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:

People are selling the applicator brushes on ebay??? Why in the world would anyone want to buy them?

I know - it's weird!!! I'm sure the buyers are novices who don't know better. they probably think you must use those particular brushes..
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=Latisse&_sacat=See-All-Categories
But, although there are tons of listings for them, those brushes don't exactly sell like hotcakes...

Some other unscrupulous person is also selling the website link to AllDayChemist... Unbelievable.
Plroweny
5% products discount

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I've just finished my first bottle of Lumigan and my lashes are so long I can't wear sunglasses. My eyelashes scrape the lenses when I blink causing a serious distraction when driving. Watch the road! Cool
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
vegas gal wrote:

I know - it's weird!!! I'm sure the buyers are novices who don't know better. they probably think you must use those particular brushes..
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=Latisse&_sacat=See-All-Categories
But, although there are tons of listings for them, those brushes don't exactly sell like hotcakes...

Some other unscrupulous person is also selling the website link to AllDayChemist... Unbelievable.

Ok..now how is someone selling a link to a website? I think ebay shouldn't allow such a thing. I haven't bought anything from ebay in such a long time because of some of the riff raff I saw going on. Oh and I bet some of the people buying those brushes thought they were getting the solution.

Side Note:
When you see revitalash and other such things that sell below what an online website sells it for it's because those people get into trade shows (like myself) and then sell on ebay. I bought one tube of revitalash at the IBS show in vegas and it cost me $50. The more you bought the cheaper it got. So now you know how people are selling it cheap. I'm going to next years show..I should take orders from all the gals on the forum and give everyone the wholesale cost no mark up, but thats not allowed on here. It's amazing what the mark up is on products..Just look at the lattisse. All we want to do is to look could for the best possible price..that should be everyones right Very Happy
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:

Side Note:
When you see revitalash and other such things that sell below what an online website sells it for it's because those people get into trade shows (like myself) and then sell on ebay. I bought one tube of revitalash at the IBS show in vegas and it cost me $50. The more you bought the cheaper it got. So now you know how people are selling it cheap. I'm going to next years show..I should take orders from all the gals on the forum and give everyone the wholesale cost no mark up, but thats not allowed on here. It's amazing what the mark up is on products..

Yes, but Revitalash no longer contains any active lash growth ingredient (they got sued by Allergan) so it's just another useless scam product these days. I think most savvy posters here are very aware of that.

The "new" Revitalash is complete waste of money.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I was going to buy 2 of the revitalash and then remembered about formula change. I use it in the morning thinking maybe it might help... It won't be the first time I wasted money on something like this Sad .
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
...I'm going to next years show..I should take orders from all the gals on the forum and give everyone the wholesale cost no mark up, but thats not allowed on here. It's amazing what the mark up is on products..Just look at the lattisse. All we want to do is to look could for the best possible price..that should be everyones right Very Happy[/quote]

Hey! thanks for thinking of us! We appreciate the throught. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
...I'm going to next years show..I should take orders from all the gals on the forum and give everyone the wholesale cost no mark up, but thats not allowed on here.

Thanks, that is very sweet, but again; I think everybody here is fully aware of the "formula change" of these products, rendering them useless.

Lumigan is the way to go.
Mamalisa

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hellow ladies,
I was reading about lumigan in this thread and it seems very promising. I live in Canada, I remember seeing a post here, if not mistaken, on where to buy lumigan from Canada, but I got lost looking through 32 pages Wink can you please tell me where to buy it from? thanx a million!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
^^ most of us get it from alldaychemist.com its a online pharmacy from india which doesn't require a prescription
Mamalisa

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much funkydory for the link. Will have a look now.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Although I've been using Lumigan for 16 weeks now and have had no adverse effects, I think we should be aware of a few things. One is the possibility of iris change, which is being discussed over here (and I strongly recommend you read it!):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=473609&highlight=lumigan#473609

We've already discussed hyperpigmentation (lid discoloration) on this thread and have come to very few conclusions about how to deal with it.

The other thing I would like to say is that, with respect to those who particularly favor Lumigan and have gained excellent results in terms of growth, it is very clear to me that other methods of lash growth DO work for some people. I am basing this opinion, predominantly, on the reviews I have read over the last few months at Makeupalley (or MUA, as it is commonly known).

If people would like to register/log in there and spend some time looking at reviews on, say, Ardell Brow and Lash Accelorater: Mavala Double Lash; and even Caster Oil (yes, you read that right!) then they may be suprised to discover that quite a high number of people have achieved very satisfactory results with these 'cheapies' alone.

Please also look at the Revitalash reviews on MUA - because I was suprised to see that although some people are claiming that the NEW formulation doesn't work, there are others who, equally clearly, find that it does.

Why am I posting at this point? Well, partly because of Kassy_A's posts on the link I have given you above. Also because I am still waiting (at the 16 week mark) for OMG lashes on the Lumigan. I sometimes wonder if I would have got this far just using the Ardell/Mavala or similar.

Regardless, I think Lumigan clearly does work for the majority pretty well - and I'm going to continue with it for another month and then review again. However, I think it would be both foolish - and misleading for newbies passing by - to tout Lumigan as the only way to achieve batworthy lashes. Obvious science/chemistry (i.e. presence of bimatoprost) doesn't always have to hold us spellbound. Anecdotal evidence also counts for something, you know?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Lumigan for at least 3 weeks now, no side effects other than dry eyes and red the first few days. I use it every other night, and already the results are great.
I do also use Ardell and castor oil on the other nights to condition. Although they do a great job of that, and I have used them for over 3 years, I have not had the growth and thickening that I have now.
I will continue to use this a few nights a week once maximum results are in and my conditioners unless I start getting other side effects. I am wary of those and watching, applying diligently.
Having grown up with EXTREMELY sparse to non-existent eyelashes, I am thrilled so far.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Ardell product but it wasn't for very long (castor oil is the first ingredient). I found it worthless and it didn't even condition very well. It surprises the hell out of me that anyone saw any results with plain castor oil but then I am not there to witness that so....

With the Lumigan I definitely saw growth. I would say I saw 3 to 4 millimeters of growth so far. And it is possible that Revitalash and LiLash are "doping" their product with prostaglandins illegally. They were doing that before so why should they stop?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |