Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
okay,I am going to sound like a total dork, but who do you get the RX's from?
My derm is a $ king, trying to push his facials/peels/IPL's etc
...and Latisse. I know better! LOL
Is there a way to get a script on Lumigan? Maybe via Net or something?

Thanks!

Amanda

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
^^ If you can get a doctor (any general practitioner will do) to certify that you need it, it doesn't have to state that you have glaucoma, will do.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
LyndaM wrote:
First--I have no idea about United pharmacies, but if you google them some interesting stuff pops up.

It is very safe to order on-line these days, as long as you use a credit card (but who doesn't?).

Worst case scenario, you contest the charges with your credit card company.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Use inhousepharmacy.com. They sell it w/o an RX. I have used them for years and years, never a problem and always on top of their exp. dates. Credit cards not a hassle either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Use inhousepharmacy.com. They sell it w/o an RX. I have used them for years and years, never a problem and always on top of their exp. dates. Credit cards not a hassle either.

Yeah, but United (and many other on-line pharmacies) are cheaper. Especially if you get the generic stuff.
louisejam
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
FENNEL will cure the red skin around the eyes. I buy the tea bags, add a tiny amount of boiled water, use a Qtip to keep swabbing the inflamed skin. It doesn't matter how much gets in your eyes, it's just a herb. Use it up within an hour or so as it doesn't keep at all. I use it a couple of times a week to prevent any outbreaks. I don't know if it would help bloodshot eyes as I haven't had that side effect (yet!).
louisejam
5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I just bought three bottles from Inhouse Pharmacy but as I'm only using it every other day max. realize two bottles will probably last me a year. If anyone wants to buy one of the bottles for $35 (what I paid) let me know. The expiry date is November 2010 and they're obviously still sealed. I live in Los Angeles.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
louisejam wrote:
FENNEL will cure the red skin around the eyes. I buy the tea bags, add a tiny amount of boiled water, use a Qtip to keep swabbing the inflamed skin. It doesn't matter how much gets in your eyes, it's just a herb. Use it up within an hour or so as it doesn't keep at all. I use it a couple of times a week to prevent any outbreaks. I don't know if it would help bloodshot eyes as I haven't had that side effect (yet!).

Really?? Wow. I will definitely try that. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Smile

I wonder, though, how fennel can possibly affect the deeper dermis? I didn't think it was an inflammation since there are no other signs of that, merely purple skin.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
ok this sucks, I dont know when I posted that my lashes were coming back but now they are starting to shed again! Sad I have long lashes and a tiny gap where a couple lashes dropped...dammit! Mad Here we go again.......
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
ok this sucks, I dont know when I posted that my lashes were coming back but now they are starting to shed again! Sad I have long lashes and a tiny gap where a couple lashes dropped...dammit! Mad Here we go again.......

I know, mine too. I started Lumigan back in February. Now they are shedding and are nothing to brag about. I've tried, but I never quite got them back to what they were at the 4 month mark.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Yeah they will go back to looking crappy for a couple months and then come back again...I am sure my coworkers are scratching their head!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Yeah they will go back to looking crappy for a couple months and then come back again...I am sure my coworkers are scratching their head!

My friends are asking me if I "stopped doing that fabulous lash thingy" - cuz the wa-wa-woom effect they saw earlier is certainly gone...

I can count two or three straggly hairs poking out, amongst my "real" mediocre lashes.. Meh.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
isnt that embarrasing?
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
i am using DHC lash serum n it works. i used to have sparse lower lash but 1 mth or so, i feel there can be seen n my upper lash apparently looks longer.
louisejam
5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the shedding, how often are you guys using Lumigan for maintenance?
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
The density of my eyelashes from using bimatoprost/travoprost is much better now! My mother thought I was wearing eyeliner on my upper lash but I didn't have a speck of makeup on. It looks like I have been tightlining! Yayyyy!!!! I think I have slightly more eyelash hairs but I think maybe they are thicker as well?

One thing that does seem to occur is the uneven appearance of the lashes. Unfortunately, my left eye doesn't seem as evenly lush as my right. I also wonder if because our eyelashes are so much longer that the natural growth/shedding cycles "appear" more pronounced? I have not experienced significant shedding yet. I wonder if travoprost works a little differently?
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
louisejam wrote:
Regarding the shedding, how often are you guys using Lumigan for maintenance?

I only started shedding after I went from applying daily to 2 or 3 times per week.

I¨m now back to doing daily applications, but after 2 months, I still have nowhere near the lashes I had at 4 months.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it for about a year and have had phenomenal results. I just can't believe how long my lashes are now. I use it once a day on upper lashes only. By using a synthetic brush, you conserve the product and my bottle lasts over 3 months.

For those concerned about harming their eyes with this product: I had an eye exam last week and the optometrist told me that in fact, rather than having a harmful effect on eye pressure if it accidentally got into the eye, it would have a protective effect.

So good news all round!

5% products discount

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
I have been using it for about a year and have had phenomenal results. I just can't believe how long my lashes are now. I use it once a day on upper lashes only. By using a synthetic brush, you conserve the product and my bottle lasts over 3 months.

For those concerned about harming their eyes with this product: I had an eye exam last week and the optometrist told me that in fact, rather than having a harmful effect on eye pressure if it accidentally got into the eye, it would have a protective effect.

So good news all round!

Thanks so much for that info.

Hi Justine, You mean there is still hope for some of us Very Happy

Important question: Question Have you used it daily continuously since you started? If so, maybe the trick to keeping those long lashes is to stick to the once a day application. Idea

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I use it every day. My lovely dr gives me a prescription for it and the cost is not high. I didn't notice the cycles of shedding and regrowth discussed in this forum. It's just part of my routine. I have the impression that they are still getting longer, but at a slower rate. I think they achieved the most noticeable growth rate in the first 3 months.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I read on one of the message boards that one doctor recommended applying the Lumigan just to eyelashes, away the roots. After reading all these postings about shedding this does seem to make sense. The glaucoma patients apply drops into their eyes, so the Lumigan is in the general area, not applied directly; therefore a much diluted solution is reaching the actual eyelash roots. This stuff is clearly very powerful, so maybe all this shedding is due to over stimulation of growth - maybe some kind of clinical exhaustion? Also, glaucoma patients don't go on maintenance doses, they keep using the same amount and to my knowledge no shedding has been reported from any of them. I've been using Lumigan every other day for four weeks, but I think I'll now start applying it to lashes instead.

One thing this forum has showed for sure is that Allergen didn't do their homework before putting it on the market. It really does seem that a much weaker solution should have been manufactured for eyelash use only. But then of course we'd all have to buy Latisse!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Did you mean "away from the roots?"

5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, yes, I meant AWAY from the roots. The doctor who suggested this said the ends, but I'm going to do it in the middle.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Lumigan since the beginning of the year only 3 times weekly and haven't experienced any shedding. It seems as if there are a lot of different experiences with Lumigan use:-)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I started using the original Jan Marini eyelash intervention in Nov of 2007. 3 mos later I had unbelieveable lashes!!!!! Meanwhile after 5 mos they kinda went away for awhile and then they came back again but nothing like the very first time. Brick wall Frustrating as hell. From what I heard is that it speeds up the growing cycle...but also the shedding cycle!I have this one gap between my long lashes that is driving me nuts . I have cut back to every other day but maybe I will try every night but just the tiniest amount....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |