Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
louisejam wrote:
Sorry, yes, I meant AWAY from the roots. The doctor who suggested this said the ends, but I'm going to do it in the middle.

But if you apply it away from the roots, it is more likely to migrate. And nobody wants hair on their cheeks or noses.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
louisejam wrote:
I read on one of the message boards that one doctor recommended applying the Lumigan just to eyelashes, away the roots.

Meh. Hair is just dead cells. It's a waste of product to drench your lashes in the solution, when the roots are where the growth actually happens.

Quote:
One thing this forum has showed for sure is that Allergen didn't do their homework before putting it on the market. It really does seem that a much weaker solution should have been manufactured for eyelash use only. But then of course we'd all have to buy Latisse!

We don't know if the strength of the solution is the culprit. It could very well be the very natural growth cycle when you put your lashes on "steroids"! Who knows? Doctors really don't know much either, it seems. They mostly seem to be guessing.

You can certainly dilute your Lumigan/Latisse by adding standard saline solution to it (they sell it at any drugstore and supermarket next to Visine and contact lens products), if you are so inclined.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
The first day I used it I applied a thick line on my eyelids and the next morning there was a plum-coloured line where I had applied it! I nearly fainted with shock. And it took 2 weeks for the staining to go away. After that I applied it on the lashes only. And my lashes did grow. But a few months ago, I started painting it very carefully on my lashline, and my lashes grew in much longer and thicker.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
The first day I used it I applied a thick line on my eyelids and the next morning there was a plum-coloured line where I had applied it! I nearly fainted with shock. And it took 2 weeks for the staining to go away. After that I applied it on the lashes only. And my lashes did grow. But a few months ago, I started painting it very carefully on my lashline, and my lashes grew in much longer and thicker.

The purple discoloration is a common side effect. I have it, too, and not only in the exact "eyeliner area" where I, very carefully, apply the solution, but rather over the entire lid and just below it too. It is unbelievably ugly. Looks like I've been up crying all night. I have to cover it with foundation.

To me, it is by far he worst of the Latisse/Lumigan side effects; everything else (like the itchy red eyes) I can live with...
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Given the side effects, does anyone still feel that the benefits outweigh them?

BF
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

For me personally the benefits definitely outweigh the side effect risk. If I had severe side effects I'd probably feel different:-)
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

Absolutely! Along with Accutane and IPL, it is a miracle product. As long as you apply carefully, you shouldn't have purple staining from it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I do have staining but it doesnt bother me I can cover it up or leave it if I want it to look like shadow. I am beginning to wonder if this should be used every night since people who use it for glaucoma use it every day and they always have long lashes that dont seem to fall so that is my next strategy.....
andrina
5% products discount

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I do have staining but it doesnt bother me I can cover it up or leave it if I want it to look like shadow. I am beginning to wonder if this should be used every night since people who use it for glaucoma use it every day and they always have long lashes that dont seem to fall so that is my next strategy.....

I am seriously thinking of doing that also, and see how it goes on a day to day basis.

My thinking is that our eyelashes like our hair go through a growing, resting and shedding process, so basically whilst some are being shed others will be starting to grow. Then why do we apply it daily, then later cut down? Confused

New lashes will always be sprouting, so why shouldn't those lashes get their daily dose also?

Rogaine is used daily and the dosage is not reduced after a few months, isn't the basic principal the same? Think

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone checked if this is still available from ADC?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have been applying Lumigan on my lashes and my lashes do grow quite a bit. I dont want to put it on my eye lid as I'm afraid of the discoloration. I do believe if you apply it to the lashes, some of it gets to the lid though, but only a bit and I haven't experienced any discoloration.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
As long as you apply carefully, you shouldn't have purple staining from it.

Well, I think it¨s a chemical reaction to the PH levels in your skin, an individual result, NOT a simple contact stain.

I have purple "koala bear" circles now, and God knows I never put Lumigan anywhere near those areas. I couldn't be more frugal with the product if I tried. If the liquid itself actually hit those areas I would also have the dreaded odd peach fuzz growing there, but I don't.

Bottom line, it's not a topical stain. It has to be a subdermal reaction between the dermis and the bimatoprost of some inexplicable kind.
redboot

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this since May 14 2009. Used the entire bottle of Latisse (lasted about 10 weeks) and began using second bottle of Lumigan. My gyn. agreed to prescribe the less expensive version, since my local pharmacy (So. Utah) charged $130 for the Latisse, and only a $25 co pay through my mail order pharmacy. In just the last week or so, I've noticed a thickening of my lashes. Not so much length, but quite a bit thicker. Looking forward to the results from this new bottle. Took way longer to see a difference than I'd hoped, however...
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I meant Panda bear circles, of course. Not koala. Duh!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

I am seriously thinking of doing that also, and see how it goes on a day to day basis.

My thinking is that our eyelashes like our hair go through a growing, resting and shedding process, so basically whilst some are being shed others will be starting to grow. Then why do we apply it daily, then later cut down? Confused

New lashes will always be sprouting, so why shouldn't those lashes get their daily dose also?

Rogaine is used daily and the dosage is not reduced after a few months, isn't the basic principal the same? Think

Eek, eek! I have been dropping usage to about twice a week, recently (just tired of waiting for really stunning lashes, basically - here at the 18 week mark) and haven't shed anything much (yet! Rolling Eyes ).

Now you've got me wondering about the nightly application again...hmmm.
redboot

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I met a woman today who has been using Latisse since the first of the year. Her eyelashes were scary long. Waaay, too long, way too much mascara for my taste. But, ladies, I guess there is hope yet if we can hold on and keep paying the price for vanity.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
well at times I have had to trim some lashes so they did not look too long because at that point they look fake and thats not what I want to achieve,I want it to look natural.
warddrake8989

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
i like curling my eyelashes....
thanks for some info
louisejam
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
well at times I have had to trim some lashes so they did not look too long because at that point they look fake and thats not what I want to achieve,I want it to look natural.

So you've had a lot of shedding, but you've still basically got long eye lashes?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
yes right now I am shedding a couple hairs but I still have long lashes.I can see new ones coming in too....I think I will use it every night but ever so lightly, only touching the root with a brush that has been tapped so there is just a small amount on it.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
>Bottom line, it's not a topical stain. It has to be a subdermal reaction between the dermis and the bimatoprost of some inexplicable kind

I wonder if it might be both. The first day, the purple line corresponded to the place where I painted the Lumigan on. Now I have a reddish darkening near my lashline. But I have very light skin, so anything shows up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
well for me it does not look bad, its kind of blends in with my skin color, kinda looks like I have eye makeup on....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried to order from ADC lately? It says you need RX for the Lumigan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
you I ordered about a yr ago and I think to get around that you were assigned a dr on the website who gives u one online.....anyway I got it that way.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
>Bottom line, it's not a topical stain. It has to be a subdermal reaction between the dermis and the bimatoprost of some inexplicable kind

I wonder if it might be both. The first day, the purple line corresponded to the place where I painted the Lumigan on. Now I have a reddish darkening near my lashline. But I have very light skin, so anything shows up.

Possible. I sometimes also get an odd faint purple "line" after it dries. BUT, the all-around dark tone reaches much further out, all the way out to where my "crow's feet" end when I squint. That's a little too far to be mere liquid migration, no matter how sloppy you are when applying....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |