Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moroccan Oil - hype or worth it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I just got this in the last beauty cache from skncarerx.

Was not really expecting anything from this product and thought it would be more a "hair cream" type thing.

It turned out to be more like a hair wax, but you warm it up between your fingers and it melts like a serum!

made my hair very soft and shiny,but if you use too much I can see it maing hair quite greassy.
I just tried applying a tiny bit at a time and no issues yet.
there is also pretty much no cent or minimal scent,I know there is tangerine oil in this, but you can barely smell it.

I would have never thought to try this item if it was not in the sampler I received!
-it comes in a glass jar also.

http://skinbotanica.com/PRODUCT-Hair-Cream.html

about the product
Don't let dry, limp, lackluster locks go to your head. With PRODUCT you can give over-stressed hair some much needed relief. By taming frizz, defining the natural luster of curls, enhancing the definition of layers and angles, and conditioning and softening overworked hair, you can restore that gleaming glow without all the excess chemicals and additives.
1.5 fl. oz.
who it's for
This rich, luxurious hair care phenomenon is ideal for the eco-conscious beauty that wants her outside to look as wonderful as she feels on the inside. It’s perfect for dry, frizzy, wavy, curly, flat, dull, and lifeless hair that just needs the right pick-me-up.
key ingredients
Organic Shea Butter deeply hydrates and softens your hair while protecting it from the damaging rays of the sun. Aloe Vera moisturizes your hair and soothes your scalp. Vitamin E maintains overall hair health while keeping your scalp hydrated and calm.
how to use it
Apply to dry, clean hair, then style as usual. It can be used as either a leave-in conditioning aid, or a styling treatment.
full ingredients
Organic Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Natural Source Vitamin E, Organic Beeswax, Natural Fragrance

-----------
I found this does not have hold on my hair, so I usually use a bit of gel on top.

website on my jar is:
www.thenameisproduct.com

price is very resonable at $14!
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Ive been trying morrocan oil for a couple of weeks now - i thought it would be perfect for my hair as its quite dry and frizzy from midpoint down

On the plus side, it doesnt make my hair greasy AT ALL, even though i have been using quite liberally and reapplying every morning

However, its not been doing anything for my hair, still frizzy and dry Sad

had high hopes for this product - its failed to deliver - i think I will try it on my mum and see if its good for her..

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Moroccan Oil has only recently hit Australian shores (I think!) but now everyone is selling it!

It smells really nice but it's really pricey.

I can see the benefits in it. I am currently using Wen and love it. I am going to try a pure and organic argan oil as a leave in and in my hair masque. Hope it works well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Just use Argan oil this as that's what the Moroccan oil is made up of or try L'Oriel Smooth Intense Anti Frizz Serum which is quarter the price and contains Argan oil.
soraya

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
What people call "Moroccan Oil" is Argan Oil. My mom is moroccan and I've been using argan oil for many years. It's the best natural product for dry hair and dry skin (excellent to prevent stretchmarks and wrinkles). But I've always purchased it in Morocco! You should try it, but you have to make sure it's a 100% pure argan oil, and not some mixture called "moroccan oil" just for marketing purpose! Wink
lexishine

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry damaged hair also and I ordered Moroccan Oil from Dvada serval months ago and I love it. It makes my hair so soft and shiney.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion Moroccan Oil is all hype. I have half a bottle I haven't used in almost a year because when I bought it, I thought it was pure oil, but it's not. It's mixed with a bunch of ingredients the main one being dimethicone which I hate because all cones do is coat the hair strand making you think your hair is smoother and healthier until you do a clarifying wash and find your hair is still just as frizzy/damaged as before.

I use pure coconut oil or jojoba oil for my hair. Actually you could use extra virgin olive oil too. I jus put a dime size amount in my palm, rub my palms together, then coat only the ends of my hair.

I also stopped using cones altogether. I only use Suave conditioner the early brands and buy my shampoo from a health food store or make my own. My hair has never looked better and it's so healthy now.

Don't let thee products fool you into thinking it will cure split ends because nothing will cure this, only scissors will lol! Anyway, when I was using cones and buying all the expensive shampoo/conditioner/serums, my hair was a frizzy dried mess, now that I use natural oils, don't use a hairdryer/straightenner or use a regular brush anymore my hair sheds less and looks great. I only use 100% boar bristle brush or a very large seamless comb. I use seamless because if you use a comb to detangle your hair, look closely tin between the tines and you will be able to see lines in the tines. Those are sseams and that is what will cause your hair to split.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I've never tried it, but I must! Smile
mira89

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Olivia23 wrote:
In my opinion Moroccan Oil is all hype. I have half a bottle I haven't used in almost a year because when I bought it, I thought it was pure oil, but it's not. It's mixed with a bunch of ingredients the main one being dimethicone which I hate because all cones do is coat the hair strand making you think your hair is smoother and healthier until you do a clarifying wash and find your hair is still just as frizzy/damaged as before.

I use pure coconut oil or jojoba oil for my hair. Actually you could use extra virgin olive oil too. I jus put a dime size amount in my palm, rub my palms together, then coat only the ends of my hair.

I also stopped using cones altogether. I only use Suave conditioner the early brands and buy my shampoo from a health food store or make my own. My hair has never looked better and it's so healthy now.

Don't let thee products fool you into thinking it will cure split ends because nothing will cure this, only scissors will lol! Anyway, when I was using cones and buying all the expensive shampoo/conditioner/serums, my hair was a frizzy dried mess, now that I use natural oils, don't use a hairdryer/straightenner or use a regular brush anymore my hair sheds less and looks great. I only use 100% boar bristle brush or a very large seamless comb. I use seamless because if you use a comb to detangle your hair, look closely tin between the tines and you will be able to see lines in the tines. Those are sseams and that is what will cause your hair to split.

I just wanted people to look at the ingredients in Moroccan Oil and see what i found to be very disturbing. It contains both D&C YELLOW 11 and D&C RED 17 but if you were to find out what they are linked to you would be shocked. D&C RED 17 is linked to cancer. D&C RED 17 and D&C YELLOW 11 are also linked to Organ System Toxicity. I just wanted to let people know and also they are prohibited from use in cosmetics by the US government. Here are the sites that give you more information about these two ingredients and if you find out anything new please let me know.
Since i am a new member i am not allowed to post up links so to find the sites just go to cosmetic database . com and type in the two ingredients
Thank you
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I checked the ingredients of my Agadir Argan Oil (a Moroccan Oil knock-off) and it doesn't contain the D&C Yellow and Red - so maybe it's actually a better buy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia23 wrote:

I think it was all hype, but when I tried it, it did make a difference. Then I also started to experiment with macadamia nut oil and now coconut oil, but I apply a lot of the oil before I wash my hair, to protect it from the shampoo. Especially the ends of my hair. That alone improved the texture of my hair and I used less of Moroccan Oil, but it is still a must to have in my medicine cabinet.

As for using Moroccan Argan oil on your skin, I have no idea if this is safe for acne prone skin?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted people to look at the ingredients in Moroccan Oil and see what i found to be very disturbing. It contains both D&C YELLOW 11 and D&C RED 17 but if you were to find out what they are linked to you would be shocked. D&C RED 17 is linked to cancer. D&C RED 17 and D&C YELLOW 11 are also linked to Organ System Toxicity. I just wanted to let people know and also they are prohibited from use in cosmetics by the US government. Here are the sites that give you more information about these two ingredients and if you find out anything new please let me know.
Since i am a new member i am not allowed to post up links so to find the sites just go to cosmetic database . com and type in the two ingredients
Thank you[/quote]

Thanks for the info!
Kind of surprized that they are used banned ingredients in this item.
Maybe no one has notified the government,so that is why the product is on the market.

Moroccan oil seems like the other silicone products on the market.
It does smell nice though.
I like my 100% pure jojoba oil better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
So surprising! There is on the market called Pure Argon oil used for the hair that maybe can be used as an alternative.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Moroccan Oil can cause breakouts? This is the only thing I can think of that has been causing nasty little white pimples on my t-zone. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Nelly, I do sometimes experience T-zone breakouts, and more so since I started the Moroccan Oil (but I find that any silicone-based hair product will do this). I recommend trying to keep the product close to the ends only, and away from the hair around your face which tends to get oily-looking first anyhow.

On another note, I loved the serum so much I started using the deep conditioning masque and the styling cream. I ADORE the former, but the latter is BS -- a total waste and it's really more like a cheap leave-in conditioner than any kind of styling aid. I wanted to use it to help tame curls, but the curl cream is full of mineral oil that I thought would be too heavy and even more breakout-inducing than the serum. Anyway, I recommend procuring samples of these products before you shell out for them! Still loving the serum itself, and a friend let me try out the shine mist which I also liked a lot... and may purchase. XD

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
fabtigger

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I think it's amazing. I tried it the two weeks ago and was blown away. My boyfriend brought it home from his work. He works in hair and beauty and sometimes get the latest goodies from work. Before he brought it home - he emailed me this link of youtube reviews of the product and asked if I'd be interested in it...

The user reviews sold it to me, though I was almost put off by their official videos which have slow motion girls swirling their hair. I love the treatment, but actually really love the shampoo and conditioner. Everyone has commented on my hair. Sorry - but it really is that good!

tigs xx
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to purchase this and went into a beauty supply store and was told that because I have blonde hair I would need to purchase the "Light" version as the normal version has red coloring in it and it would stain my hair. The clerk then suggested I try Marrakesh Oil made by Earthly Body. It's fairly heavily scented but not in a bad way, the pricing is a bit cheaper than MO as well. You can get it on Amazon with shampoo/conditioner/elixir for $26. It has similar ingredients including all the silicones and small amount of Argan like MO.

I have fairly frizzy hair since it's dyed blonde, lots of those short hairs as I'm growing my hair out. This keeps it tame looking and actually keeps it from needing to be washed daily (unless I do hot yoga). It lays well, it looks nice .. the only downside is the static electricity! I'm not sure if it's the product or the weather change since my usage did coincide with turning on the heat in the house. Wink

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there since I haven't seen it mentioned.
Katrosier
5% products discount

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I didn't read all the posts but I personally think it's a rip off. I buy pure argan oil from the women's co op in morocco and my last bottle cost me less than 10€ for 350ml. Keep in mind that this is the tourist rip off price. You can also haggle and get a better price. Yes it makes my frizzy hair more manageable,but that's only until I wash it. Coconut oil works better for my hair.

I do like it for my skin, but I don't know about it's anti aging properties. I'm 27 and don't have wrinkles.I do have fine lines from dehydration and it does help with that but only if I put it on as a mask.

I say save your money and buy real argan oiland put it on over regular leave in conditioner.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Many of the people who've replied on this thread have said that they can't do straight argan oil as it weighs their hair down and makes it greasy (particularly those with short hair). The silicones in this product seem to be what makes it work so well - not so much the argan oil since it's so far down on the ingredient list. Other people on this thread swear by the Argan oil .. so it boils down to working with what is best for you. Smile
steph101

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Argan oil is suppose to be really beneficial for the skin. It has a ton of Vitami E and Omega 6/9, and hydrates the skin. There is actually a really good product out right now, its called Arganica USA. This is a differet product then what i was use to when it comes to Argan oil because it's not only used for hair, but also skin. However, I tried their Hair Repair and left it inn my hair for ann hou or two and it is so much softer and feels more hydrated. The product isn't very cheap, because its one of the first high end Argan Oil products, but i have seen lots of results. If you are interested in checking it out I think they sell it on ebay. The brad name Arganica, but it is pretty hard to find. The way i did it was by searching Corrective Eye Serum and it was the only thing that poped up. From there you could make it to their store.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Moroccan oil since it came out..and it is a very good product..better than any anti frizz serum I've ever used...and I've used them all.

My stylist just turned on to Kerastase's new serum for the hair. It is in a gold box. It is their response to Moroccan oil. It is amazing stuff as well..perhaps better.

It costs $50...just to let you know. Local beauty salons here can't keep it on the shelves..I put mine on hold and used it twice...makes my hair strait and healthy ..shiny too.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
What's the Keratese product called?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I might have replied in this thread already, but I can't find a post. Confused

I love the Restorative Mask. That's the only product I use. I have 3b, dry, thin, fine salt/pepper hair. This is by far the best deep conditioning treatment I have tried. With weekly use, it has helped my hair look and feel better. I think it's even strengthened it a bit. However, if I don't use it weekly, I don't get the benefits. I am on my 3rd 16-oz jar of this stuff. Love!

As for the other MO products, I've had stylists use them on me but I don't like the feel of my hair afterwards. No matter how little they use, my hair still looks and feels greasy to me.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
What's the Keratese product called?

It is called Elixer Kurtime..in a gold box..go to their site..and look under "what's new" or "new products." I truly think it is best. Makes my hair look almost like it does when I've had a $400 dollar coppala keratin treatment...which btw are the ultimate..but way too $$$$$
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Morrocan oil and have been using on my hair for a year now.
Regarding the past about the dyes included in the product. Hair is dead. You can't get cancer from applyng a hair serum on dead hair. That is unless your using this oil on your scalp. I don't go anywhere near my scalp. My hair is driest at the mid shaft and ends. The oil never touches my scalp.

Even if it did, I don't scare easily. Almost everything nowadays causes cancer or contains an ingredient that supposedly causes cancer. I'm not about to stop living my life because I'm afraid I might get cancer. If it happens it happens. We all will die someday.
At least I'll have beautiful hair when I die.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |