Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Moroccan Oil - hype or worth it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
missfritz2u

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I just recently became addicted to this stuff, a pity since my hairdresser sent me a text months ago telling me I needed to use this. I have long, thick, naturally curly hair. I live in Florida and I'm a beach junkie.....can you say FRIZZ?!? This stuff is amazing! Ironically I have to admit that I'm still getting used to my hair being soft to the touch after all the years of loading on products and having "crunchy" hair, I guess!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
missfritz2u,
Welcome! Thanks for posting your experience with this. Corn Chips should be crunchy not hair Bad Grin
I am planning on giving a sample order a try, you are one more adding to the great reviews! Thanks!! Mine isn't curly, but I can say FRIZZ loud and clear.
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Where is it available online?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
oranges,

Here is just one of many online suppliers, if you google Moroccan oil there are a number of online sellers.

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=58686&aid=336064&aparam=moroccan%20oil&scinit1=moroccan%20oil

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
A tip for anyone living in Toronto. I'm on my 2nd, 1 oz. bottle of Argan Oil which I get from the Big Carrot on Danforth Ave. It only costs around $8 and lasts for months.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Anya,
I posted this on the previous page but will post again here, there are 2 sites with Canadain suppliers, I googled it so not sure how close (I'm in the US) but an email or call and they be able to help you locate the nearest place of purchase:

Here is a link they sell online and have 3 locations in Canada.

http://www.beautycollection.com/Brands/moroccan-oil?gclid=CJCcpq3zzJ0CFcgn2godrEN9sA

another mentions it here:

Modern Miracle via Lipstick Powder N Paint May 12th, 2009 at 12:00
Every woman should have MOROCCANOIL Oil Treatment for all hair types in their beauty arsenal. It softens coarse hair, fills in porous hair, restores shine to damaged locks, helps calm frizz and protects against heat damage – now that’s is what we call a multi-tasker! Argan oil is the powerful ingredient that will take your hair from dry and brittle to shiny, smooth and soft. Apply a small amount to towel dried hair and style as usual. It absorbs quickly and won’t leave you greasy or weigh you down.. We’re amazed how one little bottle can cure our hair troubles! MOROCCANOILwww.moroccanoil.com Available at Exit Salon in Toronto and select salons across Canada and the U.S....
In MOROCCANOIL, hair care, Styling Products
Hair Tutorial via Lipstick Powder N Paint April 3rd, 2009 at 12:00

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM, I see its available at lots of places in Toronto, both salons and beauty supply stores.
Being the practical sort, I'll stay with my $8 bottle of Argan oil for now, although I wouldn't mind a treatment at one of those salons Very Happy.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm - I'm interested in this product, but can I ask if you also use your old styling products with this or does it replace them?

I have type 2B-C hair - thick, coarse and wavy. I can style it either messy/curly with a diffuser or straight using a round brush and flat iron. I use LOTS of products on my hair to straighten it and a little less to make it curly (2 diff products). I'll follow up w/ a shine product too.

Can the MO replace all that? And can it be used for curls as well when dried w/ a diffuser? My waves need to be coaxed into curls and tamed into flatness and it would be nice to replace all the products I use for that.

My hair is one of my best features. I'd love a product that can make it look its best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
foxe,
I haven't gotten my hands on any yet but the website shows different products made by MO
here is the link:

http://www.moroccanoil.com/

I think reading the information on the site will answer your questions, I hope!

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I got a bottle of Moroccan Oil in the Allure box. I love it! It makes my hair curlier and shiny and soft. I am going to try the Sally's version next to see if it will compare.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I am really tempted to get samples of both and compare the two! I want to see if there is a big difference in the Sally's brand and the "real" one!
The only products I put all the way to the scalp are deep conditioning products or DIY oil combos that have to be shampooed out anyway, conditioning your scalp is good for it, just like any other part of the skin! But silicons no! Very Happy

DM
Thanks to this thread, I went to my nearest Sally's Beauty Supply and purchased a bottle of their Moroccan oil...for the last couple months, I've been interchanging Sally's and MO without seeing any difference between the 2.

Until I can manage to try pure argan oil, I'll repurchase Sally's... At 1/3 the price for the same amount and same effect, I'm not seeing the benefit of the Moroccan Oil line. Thanks for telling us about Sally's, I'm truly grateful for this!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I wasn't overly impressed with MO. However, I recently bleached my hair for the first time in years and thought I'd give it another go as I still had most of the bottle left.

Anyways, I rather like it now - gives a great shine to my bleached orange mess, supposedly light auburn Laughing
Very strange, as when my hair was darker it didn't seem to do much.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi appletini, I'm a curly brunette... MO does boost the shine factor and define curls. I wonder if the difference you see is not so much due to having a lighter color, but doesn't bleaching increase the porosity of your hair? If my assumption is correct, then I suppose the 'cones in MO would fill in the cuticle more than before, increasing softness and manageability.

I decided that since I'm trying new brand of mineral makeup, to go ahead and see if pure argan oil will be any better. Just ordered some from one of my favorite suppliers...http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com

I do wish mountainroseherbs.com carried argan oil.. Shipping from the US to the 48 is quicker. Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love MoroccanOil Shampoo and Conditioner!
My hair is usually oily (have to wash everyday) and fine. I stupidly got some Redken Shades EQ off the internet. It's normally the best, but you're supposed to only have it done by a professional. So I had some counterfeit or expired crap because it disintegrated holes into the porcelain sink (yikes! I know!) and tons of hair fell out. My hair became fried (which Shades never does either) and still to this day more than normal amounts of hair fall out. I did this before Thanksgiving. Anyway, I got moroccanoil s&c and now my hair is soft again (got an inch cut off too) and getting stronger. Everyday is better than the one before.
BTW, anyone have ideas on what else I can do? I did egg/mayo/avocado masks, hot oil....so far the moroccanoil has been the best.
I have many new centimeter long hairs coming in, but slowly (I have bad circulation due to a sickness I had when I was 2). But NEW HAIR! YAY!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Sandra

You poor thing. I hope your hair grows back fast and beautiful!

I actually bought some Argan Oil from Sally's Beauty Supply ($8.00) and really like it. It eliminated the straightening gel I had from my salon (Aqualage). It gives great shine and protection from my flat iron. I do add a little bit of heat sheild spray, but not sure I'll need to continue that when it's gone as the oil seems good enuf.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra,

My oldest daughter after having 2 blood clots due to BC pills was hospitalized and out on Heperin then over a year of Coumadin! It thinned her hair terribly I made up thest 2 recipes for her and in about 6 month maximum her hair was back to it's crowning glory, thick, shiny and healthy! I am posting them in case you want to give them a try.

Recipes for encouraging hair growth one oil scalp treatment and one shampoo

1 oz Jojoba oil 
4 drops Clary sage oil 
4 drops Rosemary oil 
2 drops Cederwood oil 
2 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

that is the basic recipe 
I also like to add 2/3 drops peppermint as it 
also stimulates circulation. 

Add all to a container and gently mix, mix before each use. 
Massage some on scalp every day. Leave on at least 30 minutes (overnight if you can) use just enough to massage, too much and it may drip and that can be a pain! 
Shampoo. 
That is it. 

Shampoo for thinning hair: 

8 oz unsented shampoo 
12 drops Rosemary oil 
10 drops Clary Sage oil 
8 drops Cederwood oil 
6 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

again I like to add some peppermint oil 
just blend and use, always blend before use.

HTH
DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Moroccan Oil for some time now and think it's a total saviour for my "bleached to one inch of its life" hair!

However, when I went to repurchase I had allot of difficulty. I live in Oz and it's not available here but then I couldn't find it on Ebay and all the internet sites were charging a fortune for postage.

So, I ended up getting the Agadir Moroccan Oil from Spa Source On Line - the postage was very reasonable. I can't see any difference in this product from the original Moroccan Oil.

I have also tried using pure Argan Oil on my hair - but it just leaves it in a grease ball. So, I definitely need those 'cones!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Keilu - the argan oil from Sally's has some cones in it. No greasiness for me (unless I use too much!) Actually, one time I did use too much - had great looking straight hair and very shiny for a day. But, I wasn't use to that feeling (since it's normally very course and thick) so I had to wash it out the next day. I can normally go every other day w/ my hair on washes - it takes too long to style to do it all daily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a similar product called Macadamia Oil. There is a shampoo, leave in conditioner and conditioning mask along with the oil that you mix with the leave in and then put in your wet hair before styling. I absolutely love it and it smells delicious. I high light my hair quite often and I think it's helps prevent breakage. I do the leave in mask over night once or twice a week and it's been great!
hyacynthgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey DarkMoon (and everyone), thanks for getting the ball rolling on this. I was wondering if the Sally's version is as good as the name brand, and lo and behold, you guys had already decided that it is! I was avoiding the cones, as well, but I think you guys convinced me. My hair is thick and wavy - I bet this will be a good fit.

Keilu, I'm glad you found a good version locally available! Very Happy
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is it good for combination skin??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
hyacynthgirl wrote:
Hey DarkMoon (and everyone), thanks for getting the ball rolling on this. I was wondering if the Sally's version is as good as the name brand, and lo and behold, you guys had already decided that it is! I was avoiding the cones, as well, but I think you guys convinced me. My hair is thick and wavy - I bet this will be a good fit.

Keilu, I'm glad you found a good version locally available! Very Happy

hyacynthgirl,

That was just perfect timing I was reading about this and Sally's just happened to send an email
about their brand! I am glad it has turned out to work as well for so much less!

DM
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Sally's is having a promo $5 off any purchase of $25 or more. The promo code is 555202. I was thinking of ordering 3 bottles of the oil.
Sasha T.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's important that we know the correct way to use the products that we purchase. I've been in the hair business for quite some time, Moroccan oil is a silicone based product and yes it works, but it's important that you know that this is not a treatment that repairs the hair. The name is very deceiving. It's more of a styling aid that camouflages the damage by coating the hair. Toby had written in about a bad perm she received, you need to know that this product is a quick and temporary fix. If you have dry damaged or chemically treated hair you need to look for products with natural ingredients that will nourish and replenish moisture. One of my favorites is Rare El'ements pre-shampoo El' Treatment.
Ladies, I can't stress enough how important the proper hair care is, this is not something you want to scrimp on. Our hair isn't like an outfit were we can just change it to make us feel better. This is something we wear 365 days out of the year. Be good to your hair!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sasha T. wrote:
I think it's important that we know the correct way to use the products that we purchase. I've been in the hair business for quite some time, Moroccan oil is a silicone based product and yes it works, but it's important that you know that this is not a treatment that repairs the hair. The name is very deceiving. It's more of a styling aid that camouflages the damage by coating the hair. Toby had written in about a bad perm she received, you need to know that this product is a quick and temporary fix. If you have dry damaged or chemically treated hair you need to look for products with natural ingredients that will nourish and replenish moisture. One of my favorites is Rare El'ements pre-shampoo El' Treatment.
Ladies, I can't stress enough how important the proper hair care is, this is not something you want to scrimp on. Our hair isn't like an outfit were we can just change it to make us feel better. This is something we wear 365 days out of the year. Be good to your hair!

Thanks Sasha for clarifying that this is more of a temporary fix but wouldn't the morroccan oil in it make it somewhat nourishing also?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |