Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moroccan Oil - hype or worth it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my MO from http://www.cosmeticmagic.com/moroccanoil-oil-treatment-3.4oz.aspx for $27.99. They offer free shipping for orders $40 or more, otherwise shipping is $6.

I use it on my long, naturally wavy hair a few times a week and it's been great. I often blow dry and then flat iron my hair and my hair is still in really good condition. I used to be a bit hesitant of silicones and still try to minimize them because I won't use sulfate shampoos but the MO doesn't build up or get gunky, for me at least. I still haven't gotten even 1/2 way thru my first bottle and it's been months. I find that I use very little, even on my long head of hair. Good stuff.
Sexi
5% products discount

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I can't quote I guess, it keeps kicking the post back as having a link or bad word in it. Had to wait until this morning, would not let me post last night, said I had reached my 5/day limit for a newbie, even though I only posted 4 times........ who knows, anyway.....

Mine is Moroccan Oil Brand. I get mine at Wholesale Beauty Supply locally, (but will go online next time for cheaper). I stated I had not used the oil, my label says, "Intense Curl Cream for Curly Hair", (They do have a different formula for sleek straight hair also). I do quite a bit of shopping at Sally's also & have not found anything they carry that compares to Moroccan Oil brand. If you want Moroccan Oil, you need to stick with their brand I believe.

Sephora has some "Living Proof" brand things that are wonderful for us curlies, but....... 24 bucks for 4oz, don't fit my budget when as thick & long as my hair is, and using it every day.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
It says it takes 4 to 6 weeks to ship but mine came in about a week. It is well worth the small fee, the samples are very generous. I really wanted to try the moroccan oil, the pevonia scrub and bliss cream so I thought it was well worth it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
oranges,

Here is just one of many online suppliers, if you google Moroccan oil there are a number of online sellers.

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=58686&aid=336064&aparam=moroccan%20oil&scinit1=moroccan%20oil

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I am really tempted to get samples of both and compare the two! I want to see if there is a big difference in the Sally's brand and the "real" one!
The only products I put all the way to the scalp are deep conditioning products or DIY oil combos that have to be shampooed out anyway, conditioning your scalp is good for it, just like any other part of the skin! But silicons no! Very Happy

DM
Thanks to this thread, I went to my nearest Sally's Beauty Supply and purchased a bottle of their Moroccan oil...for the last couple months, I've been interchanging Sally's and MO without seeing any difference between the 2.

Until I can manage to try pure argan oil, I'll repurchase Sally's... At 1/3 the price for the same amount and same effect, I'm not seeing the benefit of the Moroccan Oil line. Thanks for telling us about Sally's, I'm truly grateful for this!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sandra,

My oldest daughter after having 2 blood clots due to BC pills was hospitalized and out on Heperin then over a year of Coumadin! It thinned her hair terribly I made up thest 2 recipes for her and in about 6 month maximum her hair was back to it's crowning glory, thick, shiny and healthy! I am posting them in case you want to give them a try.

Recipes for encouraging hair growth one oil scalp treatment and one shampoo

1 oz Jojoba oil 
4 drops Clary sage oil 
4 drops Rosemary oil 
2 drops Cederwood oil 
2 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

that is the basic recipe 
I also like to add 2/3 drops peppermint as it 
also stimulates circulation. 

Add all to a container and gently mix, mix before each use. 
Massage some on scalp every day. Leave on at least 30 minutes (overnight if you can) use just enough to massage, too much and it may drip and that can be a pain! 
Shampoo. 
That is it. 

Shampoo for thinning hair: 

8 oz unsented shampoo 
12 drops Rosemary oil 
10 drops Clary Sage oil 
8 drops Cederwood oil 
6 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

again I like to add some peppermint oil 
just blend and use, always blend before use.

HTH
DM
Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |