Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
They don't advertise it, but they will sell it to you if you ask. I don't find anything suspicious or unethical about that. I'll probably buy it in April.

I think what newera is saying is people who don't come to EDS or who have not read this thread in its entirety or at all would not know Hotspots exists to even ask for it. And if it is an essential part of the program, or Loulou would not do it, and available for sale then folks are wondering why there isn't full disclosure on it.

I don't think people are being unreasonable. Before buying something, I like to know what I am buying and how different it is from the other items on sale. I like to make a wise decision based on economics and efficiency and would be a bit miffed it I found out later that I made my decision on incomplete info. My curiosity would then get the better of me and I would want to know how different the Hotspots is from what I have. Buying it blindly to find out is what people with a lot of extra money to play with would do (which excludes me)...unless there is a full money-back guarantee that I can return it if I don't like it.

For instance, there are two options of getting the CFF program. One is cheaper than the other and it happens to have less items than the more expensive one. But the extras in the more expensive kit are not "essentials". You do not need them to get the full experience of the program. The extras are more like luxuries: a mirror, flashcards that you can take on a trip instead of lugging a DVD or CD, and so on. And I knew all this before I decided on which kit to purchase simply from reading the website, and also by confirming this with Carolyn.

So back to Ageless, the people asking about Hotspots to me seem like people who just want to make a wise decision on whether or not they need to add it to a program they already love. If nothing is said and they buy it then find they didn't need it, then it won't do Ageless any good because they will give a negative review. If details about it are given, even if the program ends up sounding like a repeat of the regular program, there are those who still will buy it because its reviews have been good, or there may be those who need to replace a lost copy of the main program who may opt to get Hotspots instead because they already know the main program now and so Hotspots would be the icing on the cake.

Maybe Loulou has her reasons for there being such a mystery about it and her explanation I am sure would probably suffice for them too--like it being discontinued or something.

For the record, I don't do Ageless but love all things face exercise and saw the communication breakdown in the last few comments and just wanted to chime in to give my take on what I was reading.

Thank you, Nonie, for your post. I for one wholeheartedly agree.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 am      Reply with quote
sounds like some drama afoot Shock Laughing
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
cabrita wrote:
I got this on sale. I can't remember but I think I spent $20 US. For that I would say it is worth it. Or if you want to see results sooner than with her basic program then spend the $40 that it apparently is now. (which Lou Lou says is all you need & I think I agree)

Hi cabrita, Thank you for the information. Smile Can you explain further what you mean here? "which Lou Lou says is all you need." Does that mean HotSpots alone is all you need? Sorry to press you on this but, without factoring in price, do you think it is a worthy addition to the original program? Since it is an intensive program, what is the recommendation on how many days and weeks to perform it? I'm sure all the inquisitive minds here appreciate your help.
cabrita

Sorry for the confusion PMR! When I said that LL says is all need - I was actually referring to her original program! She starts HotSpots out emphasizing this as well but I have seen her post this on the web in the past as well.

As far as recs on number of reps - some are 5 & some are 10 - (I generally do no more than 6 on the advanced exercises for eyes & cheeks) & I don't think I've heard a rec on number times/wk. (I do it twice)

This is my final word on Hot Spots as I think I've said all I can without actually handing over the exercises! Smile
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think that when Loulou says you're OK with just the basic programme (and hotspots seems, to me, to be for the impatient ones or people who have an event to work up to) that is probably the case. This is one of the things I like so much about Loulou, she doesn't try to sell you something you don't need.
I think, but maybe I'm wrong here, that these exercises were developed in her personal training of clients, to deal with specific problems and an event upcoming.

As far as I know, Sandooch did not use hotspots and her results were remarkable.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I know that at the time it was said that hotspots was developed in helping her clients but that's all that was said about it, nothings been said about the timeframe needed to do it etc. That's what I think people are asking for - logistics like timing, how long it is, how it differs etc. No one is complaining that its in place just wanting further proper specifics about it.

I do remember reading somewhere that Lou said she was doing the exercises in Hotspots at the same time we were all doing the regular program, which annoyed me because I was feeling a bit cheated in that we were all doing the program thinking we could achieve similar results. Even at the time there was no specifics as to how long Lou was doing the program, or how fast her clients got results. I know its a very individualistic thing but it would be nice to have some idea of the timeframe but guess it was just ignored.

I'm starting to realise all the facial exercise program owners are changing things all the time and not being upfront about it. All the programs I have go through various amendments and that's great but why not be upfront - hell even get people to test it out for them.

This is one of the reaons why I started adapting programs to suit my own needs, as the program owners were doing it already didn't see why I should be so different and to be honest we've all got different faces so not matter what program you do it isn't guaranteed to give you a face like its owner.

Lotusesther wrote:
I think that when Loulou says you're OK with just the basic programme (and hotspots seems, to me, to be for the impatient ones or people who have an event to work up to) that is probably the case. This is one of the things I like so much about Loulou, she doesn't try to sell you something you don't need.
I think, but maybe I'm wrong here, that these exercises were developed in her personal training of clients, to deal with specific problems and an event upcoming.

As far as I know, Sandooch did not use hotspots and her results were remarkable.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does the ageless program create a more almond shaped eyes? Like a brow lift? How about a fuller face? I'm interested in the program and curious on others success with this program. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
Does the ageless program create a more almond shaped eyes? Like a brow lift? How about a fuller face? I'm interested in the program and curious on others success with this program. Thanks.

Tasha, if you already have almond-shaped eyes but are experiencing lines and sagging, then you'll be pleased with your results. But I don't think any exercise program can change the shape of the eyes. If your eyes are round, they'll still be round. If they're almond-shaped, they'll still be almond-shaped.

As far as a fuller face, I believe that the Crush exercise eventually fills out the cheeks, but initially you may experience a great "sucking-in" of the cheeks. This scares some people, but if you keep at it, it eventually resolves itself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I have round eyes and have read posts from others who had results of creating an almond eye shape doing facial excersises.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, not read all the posts, but just wanted to say, Hotspots isn't on the site because it's unnecessary and I much prefer the original programme. Also, Hotspots generates oodles of questions. We can't cope with them! And a face will naturally look tired and ill since all its tissues have undergone an onslaught. Some people, experienced and needing rapid change at all costs, think Hotspots is a godsend, but for nearly everyone the original programme is the best way.

If people email us we can sell you Hotspots. It will probably only be around for couple of weeks, but we'll announce the end well in advance.

Ll

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
You know, I was thinking of grabbing a copy of Hot Spots at the New Year, but I've had another "youth jump" as I've heard someone say. My cheeks look much plumper, although I haven't gained weight. They are still high, and still climbing! LOL My jaw seems much firmer. My neck is waaaaaay firmer. My lips are bigger. The vermillion is more pronounced and visible. My upper lip (the skin above, that is) looks completely different than it used to. Now when I smile, I get a shallow little crease just under my nose. It's not wierd looking or ugly, just different from what I used to look like. I like it! Smile

Words of encouragement for those who have just started:

KEEP IT UP! Don't settle for what you get after a month or two or lose faith if you don't see major changes right away. Just keep on doing your exercises and you will see results. I've been doing them for about a year and a half. They're so easy, they take so little time and are easy to memorize so you don't need the video to do them; you can do them anywhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your encouraging words!!!
That's a blessing to hear. If you don't mind me asking, what excersises are you doing that gave you those fantastic results? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Doing the regular Ageless programme, that's it. The only things I do differently is that I do the full programme in one day, skip a day, then do the full programme. In other words, I do it Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And I do more reps of the first four exercises, especially the first two. I haven't added in anything. Oh, I was doing the Facercise nose exercise but haven't in a while, I always forget it. I think that the occasionals have one there that seems to work the nose a bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Immacolata, are you only doing the Ageless platysma exercise for the neck and finding them truly effective? My throat has been getting increasingly 'floppy' looking and it's very discouraging. The Flex Effect platysma exercises pull the mouth down so much that I stopped doing them - nothing worse than looking old AND grumpy!

I've been doing all the other Ageless exercises for a few months now (much quicker than FE), but basically apart from neck lifts and Caroline's Facial Fitness 'the brush' have not know what else to do for my increasingly floppy throat area. One can waste a lot of time on the wrong exercises, and this is one area where even the great Tom Hagerty says not much can be done and he'd go for a neck lift if it got seriously bad. Sigh...
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! And I like how you do it every other day to rest your facial muscles. I'm one month in doing facial exercises, so your story inspires me to keep going Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Hi Immacolata, are you only doing the Ageless platysma exercise for the neck and finding them truly effective? My throat has been getting increasingly 'floppy' looking and it's very discouraging. The Flex Effect platysma exercises pull the mouth down so much that I stopped doing them - nothing worse than looking old AND grumpy!

I've been doing all the other Ageless exercises for a few months now (much quicker than FE), but basically apart from neck lifts and Caroline's Facial Fitness 'the brush' have not know what else to do for my increasingly floppy throat area. One can waste a lot of time on the wrong exercises, and this is one area where even the great Tom Hagerty says not much can be done and he'd go for a neck lift if it got seriously bad. Sigh...

I am doing that exercise, but I also do Callanetics, and there are 2 neck exercises, along with the stomach exercises which also have the effect of firming the neck. So I can't swear that it's only the Ageless exercise that has helped, but it has surely contributed.

My suggestion - try holding your mouth in a slight smile when you do the neck exercise. That will force you to use the platysma and not the mouth. Try it and see, I find that it stops the "pulling down" of my lower face.

It is sad that the neck is one of the areas that is very hard to deal with. I'm thankful that my neck is not a problem...yet. If it gets really bad, I doubt I'll have the money for surgery. I'll start wearing scarves. Unless I marry money or win a lottery before then....hey, it could happen! Wink

edited for clarity...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed reply, Immacolata. Have a wonderful Christmas Smile
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

About Hotspots... Maybe this will help some people to make a decision.

I got hotspots because I was curious about what she had so say, so in that regard, I am very, very glad I got it. I don't do any of the "extra" exercises now but maybe someday I probably will. Especially if I stop exercising for weeks or months (life could get crazy!), I can tell that hotspots will get me to where I was faster than with the regular program or any of the other 4 programs I have.

I have done 5 programs in the span of two years. I wanted to try as many as I could. Ageless will possibly be the last I'll buy. However, after two months of Ageless, I noticed that my lips and neck were looking/feeling older with just two times a week, so I know I do those exercises 4 times a week for now. I know this might change...

For my forehead, I do a modified (hairloss-reversible) scalp exercise since it helps with hair growth as well. I have hereditary hairloss. I modify it by spreading the forehead lines as I do the exercise. It's perfect. All my lines have disappeared, finally!!! Frownies did not work.

Very glad with Ageless!!! I bought Ageless because ALL other programs I bought gave me folds around my mouth...

I'm 41, no sagging/no wrinkles.
sigzephyr
5% products discount

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Peppercorn, I'd love more details on how you managed to help your forehead lines. I have them too.
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
For the forehead lines... The first thing that needs to be done is go to go to Tom Hagerty's website (hairloss-reversible) and master the scalp exercise (SE).

It took me around two weeks... Some people can't do it at all.

Then, after that, you can try doing what I do... which is pretty much lightly spread my forehead lines very very very gently while doing the exercise (raising the eyebrows part). That's it! It will make more sense after you master SE. And since I do it for hairloss, I do it 5 minutes in the morning and 5 min at night. Sometimes I've had to take a few days break, cause I get a "stern" look on my forehead/eyes. It's weird. After the muscle relaxes after a couple of days, I start again. A vibrator works well for relaxing that area.

I do SE for hairloss so I am going to do it no matter what (lines or no lines), so if I can use it to get rid of forehead lines... great! Tom doesn't use his fingers and he's 80 with no forehead lines... He started SE when was 20 though. But since I had them already, I needed to get rid of them. I think, eventually, a few years perhaps, I won't even have to touch my forehead.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Peppercorn. Thank you for sharing!

I am curious what were the other programs you tried?

TIA!
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately no program will work for all faces/lifestyles. My advice is to start with the most comprehensive one, learn how your face reacts and then taylor the program for your needs. FlexEffect is a very good one. (I still do jolting and pressure reps). I don't think that I would be doing as good with Ageless if I did not know my flexeffect moves! Maybe someday I'll go back to that (being careful with the lower face, I overbuilt it).

And.. know that things change constantly, your face workout might be different a year from now.

I've tried FlexEffect, Carolyn's facial fitness, face yoga, Carol Maggio's.. and of course some of Tom Hagerty's. And you know what? when I do my daily face massage, I pretty much incorporate a lot of moves from ALL the programs I've tried. All of them have this one special exercise that really works for my face...

As a mother with small kids, Ageless is the best for my current lifestyle because it take less time than any other. However, I've only done it for a few months!!! I'm very happy so far. I understand that this could change. I sure hope not! It takes me around anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes.

For me, the more I've learned, the better off I've been. Maybe other people might get overwhelmed or confused. Having all these programs have been great for me.

Yeah, I've spent a few hundred dollars but I was going to have a fat transfer done to my face. The quote was $5000 (hollowness under the eyes)... What's a few hundred dollars compared to thousands I was going to spend for my 40 birthday? I gave myself one year of facial exercises before going ahead with the surgery. No surgery for me!! I'll keep doing what I am doing as long as I can.
riverdance
5% products discount

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Peppercorn, Since you've done so many programs, Is there an exercise that you could recommend that could get rid of marionette lines? Ive been doing facial exercises for a little over 4 months and haven't seen much of a change in this area yet. I have thought about purchasing Ageless but was hesitant bc there isn't any customer service. If you have any questions or problems with any of the exercises, how do you get in touch w someone?
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't know. I do know that you probably have to do all of them for a while and then you'll know which ones work best for you.

After 4 months, I still had my "eye bags/hollowness". It was after a year that I saw a huge improvement and around 20 months before were were completely gone.
Beehive
5% products discount

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's been about a year and a half since I started Ageless, and I think I'm finally seeing some results. They are subtle for sure, but I'm noticing that the bit of jowling I was starting to have looks better. The weird thing is that I can't really see improvements in my photos, but in the mirror, there is something good happening. Yay, Ageless! However, I still have terrible undereye hollows and hooded eyes - no real change. But lower face improvements ain't nothing, so I'm going to keep going. Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I'm supposed to get an email when someone posts on this thread. I didn't, so I wasn't aware. Beehive, I'm so delighted that you're at last seeing the results you deserve. You kept going and I promise you'll see the other bits responding in due course. With the eyes, you may find that a break from exercise will give the orb.oc space to build and flatten.

Peppercorn, thanks so much for your continued positive, helpful posts, and immacolata, I love you. You give off a happy and peaceful aura, and the goal of the programme is to feel and express exactly that.

Ll

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |