Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aam,

The eye muscle goes right round the eye, encompassing a large area that extends some way beyond the socket. The Wish exercise thickens the entire area equally over time. It's not possible to exercise upper,lower, inner or outer areas without doing the rest at the same time. Your tear troughs will fill out in time, just try not to dwell on them. Trust me, nobody else will notice xx

5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi aam LouLou is right about the eyearea getting thicker. It did take a while but my eyearea is defanately less hollow than it was a year ago. My eyes still look puffy in the morning but I guesd that's because of my glass of wine Laughing
Aam24
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2016 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Awesome, ballerina. Ive been at it since mid December. How long is long?
Loulou, if I broke down and botox my crows feet, will that effect my cheek exercises? I'm scared of a weird build.
Happy mothers day to all
ballerina
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Happy Mother's Day to you too aam Very Happy
It happened abit at a time. I didn't notice it happening then one day I looked at myself and sa a good difference for a change! Other ppl started commenting after about 3 or 4 moths I guess but not those I saw everyday. Hth Cool
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aam

I think ballerina is right that you notice the results all at once. It's like your hair growing. I think eyes generally look significantly less hollow at around the 6-9 month point, but that varies a great deal.

About botox: Fine,your eye muscles are two little independent pools of muscle. They lie on top of the fleshy mass of the face and you don't use them to smile, the crinkling comes from them being pulled by the cheek muscles and that happens whether you botox or not. But please remember that you can't thicken or fill out the eye area if your muscles are frozen!

All best with your mission!

LL

Cool Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2016 11:47 am      Reply with quote
and how do these exercises, since we do nothing in particular with the forehead much, how do they help the "11's"?
Aam24
5% products discount

Mon May 09, 2016 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you loulou!!!😍
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2016 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like the pinching and scrunching of the skin but I've noticed that when I pinch my forehead skin, (real small pinches) I get lines that stay on my forehead for like 3-4 hours, not nice, I mean real marked lines and I only pinch rapidly, it's not like I'm holding that pinch for a long while. . . does this happen to anyone else?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2016 7:28 am      Reply with quote
This did happen to me too in the beginning, but like Loulou says over time the skin thickens up, but I guess its just where you are starting from. Over time the skin gets more thicker and resilient and doesn’t show those lines. I also like to pinch and roll the skin too and that helped me with lines when they did show up.
mamaherrera wrote:
I like the pinching and scrunching of the skin but I've noticed that when I pinch my forehead skin, (real small pinches) I get lines that stay on my forehead for like 3-4 hours, not nice, I mean real marked lines and I only pinch rapidly, it's not like I'm holding that pinch for a long while. . . does this happen to anyone else?
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for replying. Ok , so not just pinch, but pinch it and then roll it, I"ll try that. But at least so Id on't worry.. . . if these lines do appear, they will not become permanent, even if I make them every night by pinching, right? cuz it seems like they tend to appear in certain "rolls" more than others!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Wait – not recommend you pinch and roll was just sharing that is what I do that helps me. The lines should not become permanent. Loulou used to describe lines/wrinkles with a table cloth analogy that is helpful where she explains the exercises build up the table and eventually the skin (or table cloth) adapts and fits better.

Not sure I understand what you mean by more rolls than others – but I remember somewhere there was a suggestion that you can do it too much so you may want to have more “rest” days. Not sure what the technical explanation was but its also worth considering.
mamaherrera wrote:
thanks so much for replying. Ok , so not just pinch, but pinch it and then roll it, I"ll try that. But at least so Id on't worry.. . . if these lines do appear, they will not become permanent, even if I make them every night by pinching, right? cuz it seems like they tend to appear in certain "rolls" more than others!
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa,
I meant that in certain "pinches" those lines form immediately and stay longer, almost like maybe those are specific areas that I make expressions so they're more used to forming wrinkles, I don't know, just me thinking/analyzing too much. Maybe I"ll do it every other day instead of every day for a while and see if that helps as well. As long as they don't become permanent. I just wonder to myself 1) why the forehead is more typical to mark lines as opposed to cheeks/etc?? Is it cuz there is less fat?? Like even when I wrap a towel around my hair for just 10 minutes (and I don't tie it tight) it leaves a mark on my forehead right away. ANd 2) does that mean there is lack of elasticity in that skin, is that why it doesn't bounce right back?? Just me asking questions!!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Oh okay that makes more sense. I wouldn’t worry about it – when you start off doing anything its scary but soon it will be so second nature you will have trouble remembering any time you didn’t do anything, plus I know when life gets busy and I stop doing my workouts – I can see my face changing and it motivates me to start up again.

With the forehead, I think part of the issue is that its near the top of the head – so when Mr Gravity pushes down, the excess tissue drops too, plus as you rightly say the cheeks have more muscles and padding too. I think that’s why Lou’s suggestion of not working out the forehead is a good idea for the majority of people. It stops the muscle bunching up and becoming knotted.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Dear mamaherrerra,

The muscle grows smoother and more like its younger self when you work on it. Any wrinkling is very temporary, especially that from pinching the skin!

Wrinkles aren't creased skin: if you look at the video about wrinkling on the Ageless website I explain how they are formed; the vid is only about a minute long and it will reassure you that it's all fine. Post-exercise wrinkling is as temporary as muscles aching after a workout. The muscles are getting stronger, not weaker when this happens.

All best, Loulou Smile Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 am      Reply with quote
And Theresa Mary, thanks so much for all the help you give to people with the Ageless programme.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 5:11 am      Reply with quote
The 1 minute video about wrinkling is here:

http://www.agelessifyoudare.org/hello/about-wrinkles/

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2016 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ok thanks to all of you. That helped. But if we are advised to not work out the forehead, (and I understand why) how will my "11's" and forehead lines improve from this workout??
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2016 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi mamaherrerra Smile

The easy 10 exercises don't deal with the forehead at all. The emphasis is on lifting the face, and the forehead doesn't come into that. So as far as that's concerned, the answer is that it doesn't do anything.

The Ageless book of Massage improves the condition of the forehead without the temporary wrinkling. Rejuvenation is achieved by breaking down the muscle and making it repair itself a little stronger/younger/smoother each time.

The massage exercises cause the forehead to rebuild by breaking down the muscular tissue with the hands rather than by repeatedly scrunching it up!

All best,
Loulou

Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2016 10:04 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Well done - although I'm a little disappointed in the comments that were put after the article. To me it doesn't look like you have had surgery, and yet I find that even in my own case people try to rubbish facial exercises. I suppose some day they will get it.

The people commenting were a lot of asses, IMO. Too bad commenting was closed, I would have liked to chime in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2016 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Now are the massage exercises you purchase different than just pinching the skin?? I didn't buy the massage part, so am I missing something or is it just pinching the skin on the forehead (even if it causes temporary lines?) ANd To OtherLoulou, I did send you another PM if you wouldn't mind!. 'thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is different than pinching the skin, but its massage for the whole face (not just forehead) so whilst there is a technique for the forehead, there are other and different ones but its not just pinching. In fact, the massage for the forehead I doubt would cause lines at all.
mamaherrera wrote:
Now are the massage exercises you purchase different than just pinching the skin?? I didn't buy the massage part, so am I missing something or is it just pinching the skin on the forehead (even if it causes temporary lines?) ANd To OtherLoulou, I did send you another PM if you wouldn't mind!. 'thanks
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2016 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
[img]http://s296.photobucket.com/user/mamaherrera/media/Picture%201793_zpsnxsl1tzs.jpg.html?filters[user]=142599168&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1[/img]

[img]http://s296.photobucket.com/user/mamaherrera/media/Picture%201764_zpsho6tp7p2.jpg.html?filters[user]=142599168&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/img]

Just wondering if can you please take a look at my face, what bothers me most are the bulges under my mouth and to the sides and I don't know what causes that. Do you?? ANd any exercises I should avoid based on my face?? And will this program help my issues do you think?? thanks
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2016 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi again; I see you!

Place your palms flat on the centre of your cheek and then use them to pull up and out towards the temple. Can you see that the thickness at the side of your mouth disappears? Where the face droops the point where many muscles merge and stack up slides into the lower face and becomes visible. The Ageless exercises are devoted to resorting their original uplift.

Mamaherrerra, your issues are the ones that every woman encounters with the downside of the face.You're exacerbating the problem because you're unhappy: your expression is pulling your face down and I feel sad for you because you are so beautiful and not enjoying your young,pretty face to the full. I bet an enormous change in your issues could be brought about by lifting your mood. I think that your expression is the greatest factor In the areas that trouble you so much. Ironic, hey?

Yes, Ageless will address your issues, and as I stated in an earlier post, exercise 6, Crush, is for sculpting the lower cheeks, so you might want to avoid that one. Everything else is suitable for you (and everyone else).

Please try not to scrutinise your face too closely. Get on with things you enjoy and let your face lift in the background, but truly, almost everyone on this board would be overjoyed at having your youth and beauty.

(((Hugs))) mamaherrerra, keep your chin up!

Loulou

5% products discount

Sat May 21, 2016 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi I heard this program is good but it seems to be geared towards making the face more feminine. I'm a guy! Will this program make me look feminine????

Any men tried it could you post or pm me. Thanks,
Lenny
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2016 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny,

Women look more feminine because the bulk is lifted away from the lower face, restoring the shape it had when she was younger. It will do the same for you. Your face will resume the structure of your younger face, it can't change the male form that underlies your face!

About 10% of my one-to-one clients are men. I hope they will contact you Smile

Loulou

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |