Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I started the program yesterday, but I don't really understand how to do it, the picture is also very confusing. I will try again tonight to read and watch the video, I hope I can follow-it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Rukl,
i just saw your video question..

that video has been made..and many of us have been using it for a while...it's available on Loulou's website.

Can you please give the link?

The link is in the back of the book. If it is not in your version, you will need to contact LL directly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I started the program yesterday, but I don't really understand how to do it, the picture is also very confusing. I will try again tonight to read and watch the video, I hope I can follow-it.

Critic,

I think it is probably far easier than people realize...I get the idea that people overthink this.

Just grab the skin tight, and make the described facial expression. If I can do it, anyone can! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, to what Bethany has said..

the 'trick' is..at least for me..to grab the flesh on the muscle that's being worked..so that the resistance to the exercise in the most intense..and this is really a 'feeling/sensate' process rather than a 'thinking' process...

it does increase the effectiveness of the exercise..but it takes a bit of time..at least in my experience..to develope a sense/feel of what is happening to your muscles in this process..and like anything, it takes involvement and practice to begin to 'get it'.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Meanwhile..the program is effective anyway!!!!!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
slh
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:06 am      Reply with quote
It is a good idea to watch the video as I think I am getting a better understanding of exactly how to do the exercises and where to hold the skin. I was just following the book but am watching the videos daily and doing my exercises to them.

I am starting to see a little improvement in the face. The side view of my eyes is looking better and I feel that my face is feeling a bit firmer. Also, think the "bags" under my eyes are starting to clear up and are not as pronounced. I have been Flex-Away since Christmas and do about 125 reps a day and added Ageless about a month ago and am doing it 5 days a week.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
LOL not yet... although I do own the book and have seen the video. I am kind of here to support Lou, she's always be fantastic and I love her writing style. Plus sometimes I gain insights with Flexing still that I hadn't considered before.

I find FlexEffect works for my needs at this moment in time, and if it stopped (which I doubt will ever happen), then Lou's would be my first choice!
sister sweets wrote:
Sean - Are you doing Ageless exercises?

I see you are on the Ageless thread frequently and I'm sure it's pretty tempting - especially when you read all the good results...
Just wondering.

thanks

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Its a hard one to answer, as don't actually teach Ageless, but here is my thoughts.

I think that by working the muscles, you will over time increase muscle definition and create the appearance of a fuller face.

I think though that to a certain degree, your foundation is your skeletal structure, so for example if you have a square jawline or a pointed one, then you will build up the muscles to create a fullness in the face but no exercises out there are going to be able to in essence change what God has given you, but you will be able to bring a definition and emphasis and ultimately a beauty and appreciation of your face that if your noticing it flattening now, you will be pleased with. It does take time and practice and dedication, but as Loulou and others in this thread have shown, they are finding Ageless has helped!

I hope that helps!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh Thanks a lot ! The video just does it! Now I know how to lift the cheeks! It's really easier than I though (I gotta give up applying analyzing hard mode of thinking to absolutely everything)

I'm very excited! Angel
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I found this thread and I have just got the book, and am trying to find the time to read it through before starting the program. Plus I had been doing some intensive exercises which I saw on the Youtube, and even got muscle pain after first days, so I read in the first pages of LouLou's book that it is important to give them a rest from time to time. I am excited to start though! And it is so supporting that all of you are out there with me on it.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Jasmine. Is the video available for sale, or does it come with the purchase of the e-book only?

I did try the 4 sample exercises last night. I'm not sure if I did them correctly or not. My cheeks had red blotches on them after the exercises. Do I rest one day before repeating these exercises?

In Ex.2, how exactly is it different from Ex.1? I understood Ex.1 to make your mouth in to a big smile. Does Ex.2 just stretch your lips outward as if you're blowing a kiss?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Thanks, Jasmine. Is the video available for sale, or does it come with the purchase of the e-book only?

I did try the 4 sample exercises last night. I'm not sure if I did them correctly or not. My cheeks had red blotches on them after the exercises. Do I rest one day before repeating these exercises?

In Ex.2, how exactly is it different from Ex.1? I understood Ex.1 to make your mouth in to a big smile. Does Ex.2 just stretch your lips outward as if you're blowing a kiss?

Ruk, you need to purchase the book to access the video.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rukl,

Honestly, Loulou is giving so much to us..for so little (at least monetarily) in return..although so many of us feel so much heartfelt gratitude to ...and love for.. her.

Anyway...the video does come with the price of the book..but now..in addition (which I don't understand why she's giving us this much)you can see the video for free on her website.

I feel funny to post this actually, but it is there on her site to be seen for free...so she must want us to know about it. (she has a tab on her home page saying 'free video')

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Anyway..the video really isn't enough without the book..to understand the dynamics of the program..

the book ... (and this is totally from my own perspective)..in addition to giving us a detailed description of the process..the muscles and tissues involved,etc...and why it works physically...is also like having a beauty coach who comes from a daring and alive place of integrity and depth..guiding us away from a static and superficial approach to aging and beauty.....to a dynamic, stunning, organic, alive ageless beauty.

i love her daringness as well as the specifics of her technique..which is why i knew that Ageless was a 'match' for me...and what i had been searching for for my own facial regeneration.

but it does give folks a chance to see how stunning beautiful and vibrantly alive Loulou looks...(and my understanding is that it is the vibrancy and aliveness of our face and facial expressions.. as well as what we usually consider to be 'beauty'... that is part of what the Ageless program offers).

in addition to seeing how relatively easy it can be to do the Ageless program.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
whoops!..I am so 'not' technically proficient on the computer...the last two paragraphs on my last post actually are about the free video spoken about in the first sentence..and not about the book!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Anyway...the video does come with the price of the book..but now..in addition (which I don't understand why she's giving us this much)you can see the video for free on her website.

I feel funny to post this actually, but it is there on her site to be seen for free...so she must want us to know about it. (she has a tab on her home page saying 'free video')

We should probably let LL decide when to drive non-paying people to links that she posted, lol.

I personally think that getting 4 free exercises AND wanting to view the videos for free too is pretty over the edge. Hopefully she won't be expected to answer a bunch of questions for free too.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I bought and downloaded this programme yesterday and got started on it today. I spent most of yesterday reading it and then this morning i got playing with my face lol.

Had a few problems downloading it with some strange things happening with the page numbers...but I got there in the end.

I cant wait to see some benefits, hopefully as good as some of the ladies/gents on here.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you're on the cusp - curious, interested.... Hey, take the jump I'd say. You don't have to tell us.... But it sure would be interesting to know what you think.

It's probably like working with a personal trainer for years and then you work with another one and all of sudden something else just seems changed, maybe firmer, more pronounced....

Good you own it and watch it.... Next thing ya know Laughing you'll be one of us..... Cool

SeanySeanUK wrote:
LOL not yet... although I do own the book and have seen the video. I am kind of here to support Lou, she's always be fantastic and I love her writing style. Plus sometimes I gain insights with Flexing still that I hadn't considered before.

I find FlexEffect works for my needs at this moment in time, and if it stopped (which I doubt will ever happen), then Lou's would be my first choice!
sister sweets wrote:
Sean - Are you doing Ageless exercises?

I see you are on the Ageless thread frequently and I'm sure it's pretty tempting - especially when you read all the good results...
Just wondering.

thanks

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Its a hard one to answer, as don't actually teach Ageless, but here is my thoughts.

I think that by working the muscles, you will over time increase muscle definition and create the appearance of a fuller face.

I think though that to a certain degree, your foundation is your skeletal structure, so for example if you have a square jawline or a pointed one, then you will build up the muscles to create a fullness in the face but no exercises out there are going to be able to in essence change what God has given you, but you will be able to bring a definition and emphasis and ultimately a beauty and appreciation of your face that if your noticing it flattening now, you will be pleased with. It does take time and practice and dedication, but as Loulou and others in this thread have shown, they are finding Ageless has helped!

I hope that helps!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

i googled 'Ageless if You Dare' to get to Loulou's site(not from a link on this thread)

i'll email her and see what her intention is with the free video's.

as far as i'm concerned Loulou should be charging so very much more for all her services..but i am assuming she has her own reasons..and internal intentions.. for her current prices.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lou Lou said at one point that the video was available on her site. and Yes, it is accessible by anyone. she is going by the honor system more or less.

I agree Jasminerosey and Bethany - You need to have the download (or book) to get the most out of it - to understand the holds, the concept and to truly appreciate where Lou Lou is coming from. She does write from the heart!

(Marina - are you listening????)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
quote: Bethany

We should probably let LL decide when to drive non-paying people to links that she posted, lol.

I personally think that getting 4 free exercises AND wanting to view the videos for free too is pretty over the edge. Hopefully she won't be expected to answer a bunch of questions for free too.[/quote]

I agree. Pay the $10.00. It's practically free at that price anyway.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I personally think that getting 4 free exercises AND wanting to view the videos for free too is pretty over the edge. Hopefully she won't be expected to answer a bunch of questions for free too.

I'm not sure if this was referred to my question or not, but I want to be clear that I had no expectation of getting 4 free exercises and wanting to view the videos for free. Remember my question if her video was available for sale, or if it is only available if the ebook was purchased. In no way had I ever wanted to cheat LouLou out of her money. I find the insinuation rather disturbing, so I hope I just misread your intent.

I also was not expecting LouLou to answer my questions on this board, although I've seen that she freely answered them for other people who have or have not bought her book. I posted a question about Ex.2 because I wanted to get an opinion from someone who had done the exercise to see if I interpreted it correctly.

It is true that $10 is not too much although as the woman from Pakistan explained it was a lot for her. It's all relative. I'd be glad to pay for it if I found that I like these 4 sample exercises.

I feel that you are much more defensive about this program than even LouLou herself based on some of your previous posts and this one. Maybe you should calm down and take a deep breath?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Anyway..the video really isn't enough without the book..to understand the dynamics of the program..

the book ... (and this is totally from my own perspective)..in addition to giving us a detailed description of the process..the muscles and tissues involved,etc...and why it works physically...is also like having a beauty coach who comes from a daring and alive place of integrity and depth..guiding us away from a static and superficial approach to aging and beauty.....to a dynamic, stunning, organic, alive ageless beauty.

i love her daringness as well as the specifics of her technique..which is why i knew that Ageless was a 'match' for me...and what i had been searching for for my own facial regeneration.

but it does give folks a chance to see how stunning beautiful and vibrantly alive Loulou looks...(and my understanding is that it is the vibrancy and aliveness of our face and facial expressions.. as well as what we usually consider to be 'beauty'... that is part of what the Ageless program offers).

in addition to seeing how relatively easy it can be to do the Ageless program.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, and also I agree with your understanding above. We can feel as young or old and it depends on how vibrant we feel inside. Ageless sounds like a great program. I really hope I like the 4 sample exercises. I'm still not sure if I did them correctly or not. I had some doubts about it for Ex 2 and Ex 4. I think Ex 1 and Ex 3 were easier to understand for me.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
I could give you a sort of fair comparison... my 10 year old had an appendix operation a few months before I had am umm tummy tuck (well, mini tuck). I was 43 and she was 8, but my scar is now invisible while hers is still red and raised, presumably because I brushed my scar every night for several months and she refused to brush hers! Laughing So you can see the skin will respond to a spur regardless of age.

LouLou, my daughter just had a tummy tuck. She also has an 8 year old daughter. Might I ask how you brushed your scars, and when did you start to brush post operation? Was it dry brushing? Sorry this is off topic, but hope that you don't mind sharing your secret about brushing your scar.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
carolb69 wrote:
loulou do you think its okay to do the exercises more than 20 times? I was feeling quite enthusiastic today and did more of each.

Thanks Very Happy

Hi Carol,

Yes if you can do more it'd be good to do them, but if you squeeze your wodge of flesh harder it should make the ex more difficult so that you can't do more than 20!But by all means do as much as you like, so long as you don't get worn out and bored. Very Happy

LL xx

Oh boy, what page am I now? I just read LouLou's post and it made me laugh. She's adorable with her words. Very sweet girl.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Girls, be careful with squeezing, pinching and working your muscles hard. I have resilient skin, well I did not torture myself and wasn't rough at all, I only did 8-10 reps but I've got broken caps along my NL yesterday. I used to work for 20 dollars per month, which was barely enough to pay for transportation to/from work. $10 is very cheap, almost free (for me these days) for something that actually works and I paid, though I did fine with just the video, for some people it's still a lot. Lets keep the board friendly and drama free, please. Wink Thank you very much.
PS. I am very thankful to Loulou for providing us with free video, if I didn't watch the video first, I would probably not buy the program.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |