Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have never done FE so I can only answer as a facial exercise newbie. So far, so good with the Ageless. I will feel more confident when I can see a video of the exercises as I feel a bit leary in a few of them. I have to say that I think Lou Lou has done an excellent job of verbalizing the exercises and I like that the diagrams show where to put one's thumb and other fingers. I just need some clarification on things like 'pulling your fingers away from your face'. I think I know what that means but a video will confirm that.
I feel muscle strain/tension after doing a few reps of the exercises which I think it pretty cool. In other words, I can feel those muscles working.

For those with experience with Ageless: I have noticed that my skin feels tender where I have pinched it ((like the upper eyelids, or the sides of the eyes). Does that goes away with continued exercising? Again, I am referring to tenderness of the skin, not the muscles.

I have a really good feeling about this program and find it to be the best $10 that I have spent in a long while. I love LouLou's descriptions of the facial muscles and their uses; I have read stuff like that before but it never quite stuck before. She has a knack for explaining things, I guess
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
For those with experience with Ageless: I have noticed that my skin feels tender where I have pinched it ((like the upper eyelids, or the sides of the eyes). Does that goes away with continued exercising? Again, I am referring to tenderness of the skin, not the muscles.

I started Ageless on 11/8, and definitely experienced the same skin tenderness you are talking about. It has gone away, and I don't feel it the next day as I did at the very beginning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

I started Ageless on 11/8, and definitely experienced the same skin tenderness you are talking about. It has gone away, and I don't feel it the next day as I did at the very beginning.

Great to hear, Bethany. That confirms for me what LouLou was saying in her book about how it is advisable and good for the skin to pinch and poke it. I am assuming that your skin must have undergone some strengthening since it no longer feels tender.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been massaging (IE: poking and prodding and pulling) my face for at least three months with vigor and there is definitely a difference in the feel and firmness. In the FE book it says one of the first signs will be that your skin will feel different to the touch and I can tell that has happened. More spring, more "thickness" in feeling. It doesn't seem so delicate and thin.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've been massaging (IE: poking and prodding and pulling) my face for at least three months with vigor and there is definitely a difference in the feel and firmness. In the FE book it says one of the first signs will be that your skin will feel different to the touch and I can tell that has happened. More spring, more "thickness" in feeling. It doesn't seem so delicate and thin.

Sis...do you have more or less "play" in your skin since doing facial exercises?

I have seen trainers say to "check the amount of play in your skin" but I am not sure if it is supposed to be increasing or decreasing. I assume it is increasing as your skin becomes more flexible?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
I downloaded the book last night(which still had pages misnumbered, by the way

Okay, now I am really confused (I am quoting my own prior post, btw Laughing )
I just reread the whole thread. How can the download that I got last night still have the errors that Magica described? LouLou said that she fixed them and others verifed that.

LouLou - Can you help? I really wanted the perfected version.

I'm so sorry Bren and everyone, I don't know what's gone wrong... I can only think I deleted the new corrected source file instead of the original Embarassed . I've got it sorted now, and of course I'll arrange replacements for everyone affected by my numbskulled incompetence, if you'd be so good as to email me LouiseAnnette@Uk@aol.com. Really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Well, I downloaded the book on 26/11 and didn't start the exercises until 30/11. So I have only repeated them three times so far and I can honestly say that they have already made a difference in that my cheeks feel "fuller" when I grab them and the third time I could feel muscles moving, which wasn't the case the first time! I'm amazed!

The skin does feel tender, sort of "painful.

I would agree that a video would be wonderful ( I actually asked my husband, who is a native speaker of English, demonstrate the exercises for me - very unpleasant reaction!)

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
Well, I downloaded the book on 26/11 and didn't start the exercises until 30/11. So I have only repeated them three times so far and I can honestly say that they have already made a difference in that my cheeks feel "fuller" when I grab them and the third time I could feel muscles moving, which wasn't the case the first time! I'm amazed!

The skin does feel tender, sort of "painful.

I would agree that a video would be wonderful ( I actually asked my husband, who is a native speaker of English, demonstrate the exercises for me - very unpleasant reaction!)

I'm trying extremely hard to have faith in doing facial exercises - but I find it completely unbelievable that you would have any increased fullness in the cheeks after doing an exercise three times!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you ladies doing the Ageless exercises have marionette lines and have you noticed any improvement?

TIA.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
For any of you gals who do best with some sort of 'visual', this video helped me understand some cheek + nasolabial exercises better. (At least now I know where the muscles *should* be .. Embarassed )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfm7l0I80EE&feature=related

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
For any of you gals who do best with some sort of 'visual', this video helped me understand some cheek + nasolabial exercises better. (At least now I know where the muscles *should* be .. Embarassed )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfm7l0I80EE&feature=related

It's definitely easier to follow by watching a video.

Have a look at this poor soul - she's definitely got her work cut out for her. She looks as if she's going to pass out - now you know how I feel! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezuuQYT5hSQ&feature=related
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Have a look at this poor soul - she's definitely got her work cut out for her. She looks as if she's going to pass out - now you know how I feel! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She looks like she took a few nips before oooing and eeeing.. Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

And that's probably not a bad idea. Laughing
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
I downloaded the book last night(which still had pages misnumbered, by the way

Okay, now I am really confused (I am quoting my own prior post, btw Laughing )
I just reread the whole thread. How can the download that I got last night still have the errors that Magica described? LouLou said that she fixed them and others verifed that.

LouLou - Can you help? I really wanted the perfected version.

I'm so sorry Bren and everyone, I don't know what's gone wrong... I can only think I deleted the new corrected source file instead of the original Embarassed . I've got it sorted now, and of course I'll arrange replacements for everyone affected by my numbskulled incompetence, if you'd be so good as to email me LouiseAnnette@Uk@aol.com. Really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

LouLou, I just emailed you regarding my copy of the book and used this email address. It wouldn't work so I put a (.) in place of the first @ sign. It went thru and hope it reaches you.

Edited to add: It didn't go thru, I'll PM you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
It's LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Do any of you ladies doing the Ageless exercises have marionette lines and have you noticed any improvement?

TIA.

Anya, I have only been doing them since 11/8, but I noticed today that my marionette lines/jowls seemed a bit less obvious to me.

I need to take a picture this weekend before any more time passes so that I can really start watching for changes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Holy cow....you might be right! Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, my cheeks are not fuller after having done the exercises three times. The skin just feels different when I touch it, not as soft.

Anyway, I decided I'm going to give pinching and tugging a try as well. Now, my question is: could we attempt the same with the skin on our hands? Can we pinch it and tug to prevent it from becoming frail and old-looking?

I admit I tried it a couple of times and now my hands have little bruises on them - glad this didn't happen on my face and neck!

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing Flex Effect pretty regularly (just the 15 exercises) for over a year. I downloaded the Ageless Exercises on Tuesday.

I have a question on the first day, first exercise. When you pinch the cheek area, do you lift the muscle with your fingers up towards the center of the eye or do I lift the muscle by smiling and creating resistance by holding the cheek area in place?

Also, several exercises instruct that we pull the muscle/flesh away from the face...does this mean pull the muscle off to the side or straight out from the face?

I love the massage/pinch instruction and find the diagram really helpful. I was a little too enthusiastic and sporting a few small bruises. Thank Goodness for concealer!

Jen
younggma
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Loulou - I recently downloaded your book and wanted to let you know I am really enjoying it. I think you've given alot of info for such a small price - you obviously know your stuff. My question is - is it Ok to do both sets of exercises the same day or is there a reason to do the sets on separate days? Thanks again for providing so much helpful info for all of us who are determined not to look like our grandmothers when we're 60, 70 yoa . . . Razz
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
LouLou,

I'm really impressed with the knowledge that you are expressing on this thread....and am VERY intereseted in purchasing your book (and am especially looking forward to also purchasing your video if/when you create it)

However, I have some concern about the tugging, pulling,etc. of my skin as I am 63 years old.... and although my skin is in very good condition for my age.. nevertheless..I am still 63 years old!

In your experience as an FE trainer did you work with women in their 60's? If so, were their experiences any different than younger women doing face building? Would you recommend doing the excercises any differently for women as they mature?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
LouLou,

Just to clarify from my previous post..I am referring to women, like myself, who are just beginning to do face building in their 60's...not women who have been doing it already for years (or decades)and are still doing it in their 60'S.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I skimmed thru most of this post and really want to either try this program or go with FE. I looked to see if anyone asked which program is better - someone only asked if they should be used together...

I just really need help with my one cheek area -ive mentioned it on EDS before and someone said I should try FE. I have a huge mass that looks like I have something in my mouth. Thought it was from sculptura which I had 3 years ago!!!

Anyway the price of FE is pretty high and from what you ladies have mentioned it takes awhile to do. I can be very lazy. In fact Ive put off all my skin care Gadgets for awhile just because I havent felt like doing anything. But if you guys see results with this program maybe i will give it a try. OR do you think I would get better results with FE??? Im 36 have very saggy eyelids which I hate and not the firmest of skin - although my other gadgets have helped a bit with that.

If anyone could help me out with this id appreciate it

THANKS
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou, i just went to your site and read your preview of your book...and imo it is so exquisite...it is hard to find words for how deeply what you have said resonates with me..

and it answers why ..on a very deep level..I have been inwardly guided not to do cosmetic surgery (I am not saying that this is what you are saying..just that your truth resonates this way for me)..which up to now i have resented (my own inner guidance!)..even though i have intuitively known it to be true for me..but now it's so clear 'why'...it's about the natural action and aliveness of the face as it reflects the true inner spirit of the self....the face and it's expressions are really like a flower unfolding it's beauty...and i believe that your exercises may not only allow that to remain in tact but accelerate the process by allowing it to be even more animated and expressive.

But my previous question still remains..is there any difference in how I should be performing the exercises than a younger woman would?

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
And only 5 minutes a day!

Oh no...

Bethany mentioned Ageless facial exercises in the dermaroller thread, and I *had* to come see what it was all about. I'm almost definitely going to end up buying this. Laughing

Ok, I need to get some coffee and read through the rest of this thread. I do have FE, so I'm dying to see how they compare. By the way, I loved the results I got during my short and somewhat sporadic history with FE, but there are only so many hours in a day Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |