Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
peaprincess
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Moongoddess! Look, try not to worry about this stage you're going through (easier said than done, I know). But the thing is, if your "scariness" is the result of not doing something (FE), then hopefully it can be remedied (if need be) by resuming that something at a later date. Much better than doing something and then trying to undo it!! Until then, give the Ageless all you've got, so it has a fair chance. That's what I'm doing. I want to get rid of the excess at the sides of my mouth. We know face exe works....it's just a matter of tweaking things.

I apologise for talking about FE on this thread but it would be confusing to continue the convo on the other thread. I will try to keep to the Ageless from now on.
scoobyoov
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
thank you all

I just started the ageless exercise today. Hopefully everything well turn out great. I do have a question about the exercise though, number 2-4 seems really similar. Basically its holding the most meat you can hold and smile or pull towards your ears.....

I'm also concern about, if pinching all this meat together, it won't make certain sections of the face any bigger than it is right?

My cheeks are round and I already have high/wide cheekbones already. I hope this will help me out. My goal is to slim everything throughout and not just one part of my face.

THank you all for your help. I hope you guys find your results as well! I give this exercise a few months to try.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
My sister was the same, Sis. I sent her a pic at the weekend of my DH and me in the snow (she lives in the UK). She said the usual "You look 37 and not 57," and then said (get this) "You aren't still doing those silly exercises are you? You'll ruin your face." LOLOLOLOL!!!!! It reminds me of when someone says, "You don't need to watch your calories, you're already slim.."

Laughing Laughing Laughing You are right on with that comparison.... Be glad you got the logical part of the genetic slice Laughing
peaprincess
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Scooby......they may appear similar but they aren't! It's all about the angle at which you aim the mouth corners, or smile. I will try to PM you, as it isn't fair to give too many details about exes on a public forum.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am having a problem that you may have already solved but I can't find the discussion....I have been doing exercises and massage since Aug 08 and am having vertical lines form in the undereye area between the lower lid and the upper cheekbone. They are there in spite of moisturizing and using an AHA eye cream. I haven't changed anything else in my routine except the exercises (FE and Ageless).

Anyone else solve this problem? thanks in advance.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
peaprincess wrote:
Scooby......they may appear similar but they aren't! It's all about the angle at which you aim the mouth corners, or smile. I will try to PM you, as it isn't fair to give too many details about exes on a public forum.

please do so. thank you
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
scoobyoov wrote:
My cheeks are round and I already have high/wide cheekbones already. I hope this will help me out. My goal is to slim everything throughout and not just one part of my face.

Exercise #6 will help greatly with the slimming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
peaprincess wrote:
Thank you Moongoddess! Look, try not to worry about this stage you're going through (easier said than done, I know). But the thing is, if your "scariness" is the result of not doing something (FE), then hopefully it can be remedied (if need be) by resuming that something at a later date. Much better than doing something and then trying to undo it!! Until then, give the Ageless all you've got, so it has a fair chance. That's what I'm doing. I want to get rid of the excess at the sides of my mouth. We know face exe works....it's just a matter of tweaking things.

I apologise for talking about FE on this thread but it would be confusing to continue the convo on the other thread. I will try to keep to the Ageless from now on.

thanks for the moral boost Pea--it's what i'm thinking - but not sure i can follow -- you words are inspiring, though -
i'm so happy you're here - it feels very supportive-and you are always so sensible and wise...
i can't wait to hear about your results

m
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for Bethany's explanation, I finally able to manage doing the 2nd day exercises. I wish I can manage to do it everyday.

I have to read the book & watching the video at the same time in order to follow.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Thanks for Bethany's explanation, I finally able to manage doing the 2nd day exercises. I wish I can manage to do it everyday.

I have to read the book & watching the video at the same time in order to follow.

The longer you do them, the easier it will get. Smile

And it does help to look in the mirror at the beginning...I found that I was moving stuff that was NOT supposed to be moving (like my nose, my brow, etc.). Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

I actually don't have sagging skin, shall I just pinch 'whatever' I have on my face? or I really have to pinch deep into my flesh?

Remember I told you I don't want to try FE after viewing the DVD? Loulou looks so good in the DVD, I showed it to my husband and he said, she looks 30+.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Bethany,

I actually don't have sagging skin, shall I just pinch 'whatever' I have on my face? or I really have to pinch deep into my flesh?

Remember I told you I don't want to try FE after viewing the DVD? Loulou looks so good in the DVD, I showed it to my husband and he said, she looks 30+.

LL does look pretty darn good!

Just grab what you can when you do the exercises...the goal is try and STOP the muscle from moving where you are trying to make it go (that is where the resistance comes in).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
And use a tissue or soft cloth in each hand to get better grip. Many of us do that.

critic wrote:
Bethany,

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
And use a tissue or soft cloth in each hand to get better grip. Many of us do that.

Very good point...this made a HUGE difference for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, it's good to know to hold with a tissue paper, I try to do it after washing my face without wearing anything, it's easier to get hold of the skin/flesh.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya Peaprincess!! Wink I too would love to get "rid" of that excess at the sides of the mouth...I have these pooches there, especially when I smile. And of course those darn NL's and ML's....I am so tired of looking at those things I have finally broke down and made an appointment for today to get more Juvederm....

I have been slacking on all my fun face things these last couple weeks....Ageless, AALS...I have been working soooo much I am exhausted...just did 20 days in a row and actually have a day off today. Looking forward to getting back on track AND my vacation to Mexico 2 weeks from today. I am sure working myself to the point of exhaustion isn't exactly the best thing to do for the skin!! ha ha

Hey Jasmine!! Thanks for the kind words...I have missed this place and haven't posted much of anything...had a lot to get caught up on with all the posts. Glad to see there are many more joining the Ageless bandwagon and glad to see I am missed at least by someone!! ha ha Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
milky

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Been doing Ageless for about a month now, and I'm seeing some good results, i.e. more definition, lifting, and the improvement in the eye area is amazing.

Just wondering, are there other guys (as in males) in here doing Ageless? Yup I'm a guy, in my mid 30's. And I guess my concern is that many here have praised Ageless for making their faces look more feminine, and it's certainly NOT a look that I'm going for lol.

Are there any tweaks to the exercises that I should be doing, to make them more appropriate for a guy? For example, I'd love to have a more square jaw, not-too-high eyebrows, etc, just things that would normally look better on a guy.

Thanks!
Lotus

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Time for me to weigh in - I've been doing ageless for about a month, probably longer, but not as consistently for the extra time. There was a few weeks or more there where I was doing both parts every day. I'm loving what it's doing, especially to my cheeks and NL area. Still a ways to go with the pouches, but lips are improving too.

In the last 2 weeks I started doing some of the FE upper face again (occipitalis, and some of the eyebrows, and one or two others I picked up here and there), and that has made the difference I had been missing in that area. Also doing some of lulus occasionals up there more regularly.

I'm another candidate who needs to build up the buccinator, so I may need to add some FE exs in there or simply do Ageless's bucc ex more reps and more frequently. For now I don't feel I have time to do more than what I'm doing, so perhaps I'll eventually wind-up doing Ageless in 2 separate parts on alternating days again and adding various FE exs on alternating days as well so as not to overwhelm myself! For now I'm trying to see how I go with Ageless without too much other intervention, and so far, very nice! Thank you, Lou Lou!

Nice to see you here Pea.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
milky wrote:
Been doing Ageless for about a month now, and I'm seeing some good results, i.e. more definition, lifting, and the improvement in the eye area is amazing.

Just wondering, are there other guys (as in males) in here doing Ageless? Yup I'm a guy, in my mid 30's. And I guess my concern is that many here have praised Ageless for making their faces look more feminine, and it's certainly NOT a look that I'm going for lol.

Are there any tweaks to the exercises that I should be doing, to make them more appropriate for a guy? For example, I'd love to have a more square jaw, not-too-high eyebrows, etc, just things that would normally look better on a guy.

Thanks!

Hey there Milky, there is at least one other guy doing the Ageless routine. I suggest stopping by Loulou's forum, I'm sure she'd be able to give you some modifications or alternate exercises that would give those effects. Mpstat posted Loulou's forum link here in this thread just a day or so ago... I think it's one page back (page 53). I'm pretty sure Denham (the other guy doing Ageless) is posting at Loulou's forum too, so maybe he's had some of the same questions.

Good luck Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey Milky, welcome! Would you mind sharing the "amazing" difference in the eye area? More open? less wrinkling? Thanks Smile

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lowbrowscientist! Will do that.

Hi Antonia! It's more of a lift, particularly in the lower eyelid area. I was starting to see some sag there, and it certainly looks better now. I'm not sure if it's just because of the "wish" exercise, or also because of the cheek exercises lifting the cheeks up and pushing up the lower eyelids along with it, if you get what I mean.

Have only a few fine lines in the eye area though, and I'm not sure if they have diminished yet.
denham
5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
hey milky

from a guy's perspective - i don't think it's all that different. i asked loulou a cpl of questions about jaw/chin definition and my basic understanding is that your best bet is to follow the routine as closely as possible. i assume in a best-case scenario you get a more toned, "better"-looking version of you (not so much changing things about the contours of your face as reverting to a previous stage). i don't think you're suddenly going to pop huge cheek-bones or have your eye-brows go vertical. i'm not saying that isn't possible, but i guess, if that did happen, you would be able to notice it coming and tweak your routine accordingly. in the beginning (i've only been doing it for a little over 3 weeks) all you can really do is follow directions, monitor your results and hope for the best.

hth,

denham

5% products discount

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
This program makes the cheekbones bigger? my cheeksbones is big enough and my cheeks are wide enough.

Is there any exercise number I should avoid to make my cheekbones bigger?

I'm just trying to make my cheeks more defined and hallow
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Milky,

My husband does the Ageless. He's been doing it about 2-3 weeks now. He has a lot of puffiness (bags) under his eyes and the morning after he started the exercises he looked 10 years younger (he's 30).

Obviously he hasn't been at it for very long so I can't comment on it making him look feminine, but I seriously doubt these exercises are going to have such a profound effect that you'll turn into a transvestite-appearing man! Smile

I will say that they do have a profound effect on existing structure and enhance what you've got.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Milky - you may want to go to the "Do you do facial exercises?" thread and ask Sean about this. He is an exercise trainer for flex effect but can still answer your questions about how facial exercise will effect you as a male. He's been doing them a long time and knows other males that have also.
Good luck. I think you'll be happy with your result!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |