Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scoobyoov
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
scoobyoov wrote:
I have a heart face shape, so my cheekbones is already too high and wide for my liking. I do have too much fat on my cheek/jawline though. With that said, which exercise number should I avoid to make my checkbones any wider or higher? I just want to hollow out and make my face skinner. thanks

#6 is the one...trust me!!!!

I trust you! haha, I'm doing number 6 everyday already. But what i want to also know is which number to "avoid" cause my cheekbones is high and wide ( too wide and high). I know there is no way to reduce high and wide cheekbones cause its bone structure....
EMR
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Need to rave for a bit.......and a bit of history.
After implant surgery (MFL + ORI's) I had some numbness and a sort of heavy/weighty sensation right next to my NL line on my left side. I also happen to have a bit more flesh there (I'm on the thin side and have little facial fullness - hence my cheek and orbital rim implants). I always felt as if I wanted to physically "lift up" that area and push it toward my eye's. The MFL on that side wasn't as successful as my right side and I just "felt" this weight or sag. Also my NL on my left side was much more noticeable that my right - due to more flesh there.
After 4 weeks of Ageless I just noticed that my NL lines are much smoother. That sag has lifted!!! and I've lost that weighty sensation...so happy...I've been high fiving myself in the mirror for about an hour....but privately of course.......
When light hits me at an oblique angle - the result is just positively aging not to mention scary.....I just happened to look in a mirror in the same strong oblique light and don't see the fold that exacerbates the NL line....it's almost as if the NL's are just a flat inconspicous hint of a line - almost completely filled out! how fab is that!
I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) some asymmetries I have so I'll post in a few weeks my progress if any one is interested.
One other thing, I had lunch with a very close friend that looked at me and said "you look good".....a bit later she said..." OK what did you do .....you look really good"
I've been complimented by her maybe twice. She's quite beautiful and blessed with gorgeous bone structure. I asked her what does she see that is a positive change but she couldn't put her finger on it - she's not the most observant of people - a trait of hers that I do tease her about often! In any case she said maybe it's your eyes, what are doing....
I told her I was doing everything diff. 302, dermarolling, L2K, facial ex. and what she probably saw that was a positive change were the effects of facial ex.
I thought I would post about this since I was so encouraged to read and see the positive changes that occurred with various posters - and am extremely thankful for all the feedback that you all give.
I first came across LouLou's book on MissJ'sFacialPlasticSurgery board where I also found postings that referenced EDS and the dermarolling thread - which is how I got to here from there...lol
Hope this is of some encouragement to some of you out there!
Ex # 5 is what I believe has been the most beneficial re: the NL lines. I do very intense work there. Hold the counts and release completely between reps.
Also I really work #1 and #2 hard on my left side - I believe they have also really helped to lessen the NL line. I don't have much of a ML problem - but am hoping that eventually I'll get better lip posture there. Maybe some semblance of a corner lip lift w/o a scalpel!
I also do a lot of #10 - anything for a lip lift...
Kari
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
.... No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up....

This is exactly the feeling I used to have before switching to 2+1 and since a week ago every other day schedule!

I think Ageless and FF should work magnificently!

I've been using Facial Flex. I'm 61, and people guess early 40s-early 50s.

I just bought and tried Lulu's ebook, and my facial muscles are sore.

This is a GOOD thing!

MT guess is that Facial Flex plus Ageless MIGHT be the Holy Grail!
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Ageless for less than a month, and already it has corrected some hollows in my upper cheeks. I can't wait to see what other improvements it makes!

I am also using the Pretika SonicDermabrasion brush (a Clarisonic knockoff). I think this brush fills in the facial brushing role that LouLou recommends. I have noticed a big improvement in the appearance of my skin due to it (much less dry and much more glowy), and the facial exercises. These are my two favorite things for my face right now!

Cheryl
Kari
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
You know what else might work well as facial brushing? The dermabrasion cloths that one finds all the time on eBay. I have one. I LOVE the thing!

You want to watch it, though! It's eeasy to rub off too much!
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everybody. I’m 52, and illness, grief and menopause are really showing on my face, but I really am not that tired, cranky old woman I see in the mirror. I started reading this thread a few days ago; yesterday I downloaded the book and got started. I have been using the Facial Flex and I’ve been happy but not thrilled with the results. I am sure Ageless will help me with hooded eyelids and my (still) droopy mouth. I’m not sure anything can help with my neck, but it can't hurt to try. It is asking a lot of my cheeks to lift this mess up!

I think Loulou's exercises are just brilliant. I am amazed by and grateful for her willingness to make videos and answer questions so generously. I have dabbled in facial exercise, and her routine is just the right fit for me. That book of hers has a wealth of information if you really take the time to read it. And isn't she just lovely?

I did the Day 1 and Day 2 exercises yesterday and today just to get comfortable with them. It is always awkward at first, I guess, and I had to keep taking my glasses on and off [rolls eyes] and jumping between the book and the video. No worries, as these things get easier with time and experience. I found that I was looking slightly downward at the computer/book. I got better resistance when I remembered to hold my head up. Duh!

Today I did both the exercises and massage on just-washed skin and I liked it better than yesterday when my skin was moisturized and I needed gloves. I haven't decided yet whether to do Day 1 and Day 2 on alternate days or all of them in one day and then take a day off. Years ago I bought a book on facial massage. It was all very gentle with scented oils and ring fingers. That has its place, but I like this firmer, rolling and pinching massage much better. I like doing it on my dry skin better too. I plan to buy a soft brush today so I can start that routine too.

Everyone’s posts have been so encouraging to me. I have learned a lot (about a lot of things) in just this thread. I wonder if anyone else has a scar between the eyebrows that makes them look menacing. I have got to learn to wiggle my ears, STAT!

Myrna
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have finally found this forum! Yah!! Very Happy

Just want to ask Moongoddess is seeing any relief from the swelling she's experienced in the n/l folds from doing ageless ex??

I have this too, but this area seems chronically swollen and raised, perhaps from Juvy a few years back, and overbuild from FE ex.

Linda Very Happy
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, and welcome Myrna & Linda Lou.
I'm very pleased with the results of ageless excercises. After 3 weeks I'm in the stage where the cheek hollows are appearing sunken.I'm hoping they will fill in soon because it's a little too angular for me. Several nights ago while we were watching TV my husband remarked "what happened to your face, your cheek is swollen, did you fall"? (he was looking at me from an oblique angle) This from a man who notices NOTHING! Yesterday I had lunch with my best friend of 15 yrs and she said "What did you do, you're eyes got bigger"! Concerning the eyes, I've been doing my own excercise which seems to work faster & better than any other I've tried: In the shower I push a warm facecloth against my closed eyes and squeeze my eyes shut, holding for a few seconds. I do about 20 reps Wow! you can really feel ALL of the muscles in the occipital region getting a work out. Hoods are GONE! Crow's feet diminished, skin thicker. Try it, you'll like it...
Here's to us getting more beautiful by the minute!
belle2

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I didn't understand your new exercise for the eyes. Are you holding the lids up with the wash cloth, then closing your eyes? Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
belle2 wrote:
Hi I didn't understand your new exercise for the eyes. Are you holding the lids up with the wash cloth, then closing your eyes? Very Happy

And where exactly are you putting pressure? On the eyeball region itself, the lid areas, the orbital bone area?
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I close my eyes first then press with my fingers against the closed lids. Squeeze as tight as you can with your eye muscles. You'll feel the muscles surrounding the eye contract & expand against your hand.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome, Determined!

I'm hoping to read more and more positive results from the ageless program.

So far, so good.

I would like to ask if anyone has yet to notice their n/l folds lift with the program, and what of the jowl area??

tnanks,

Linda Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
I would like to ask if anyone has yet to notice their n/l folds lift with the program, and what of the jowl area??

Linda, I have had significant improvement in my marionette lines...you can see my pics on page 44.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:

So far, so good.

tnanks,

Linda Very Happy

Linda Lou and all new people - The results for me seem to hit all of a sudden - (a Peak) and then it seems nothing is happening and then all of a sudden again you notice something has happened: fuller cheeks, higher cheeks, NL folds improved - Tis a great moment! Makes you want to keep at it..
Hang in .
Sis
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Linda Lou wrote:

So far, so good.

tnanks,

Linda Very Happy

Linda Lou and all new people - The results for me seem to hit all of a sudden - (a Peak) and then it seems nothing is happening and then all of a sudden again you notice something has happened: fuller cheeks, higher cheeks, NL folds improved - Tis a great moment! Makes you want to keep at it..
Hang in .
Sis

Thanks Sis!

Sounds great.

After month of walking around looking kinda weird, I can't wait for normal again!

Linda Very Happy
scoobyoov
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
how come i hear people saying that these exercises will give you FULLER cheeks and high cheeks?

those are the things i'm trying to avoid, which exercise do I avoid to have FULLEr cheeks and higher cheeks?
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou, welcome! I've been doing Ageless since early December, so about two and a half months now. I love it, and I agree with many posters here that it's the best $10 I've ever spent, hands down!

My results are ongoing, but here's a timeline of sorts:

- baggy undereyes were noticeably improved after one week, along with lessening of tiny wrinkles in that area; baggy undereyes run in the family and even the kids have them
- NLs were practically gone after three weeks - though I must add mine weren't bad to begin with
- overall lifting was apparent by the holidays. I was exhausted, but I didn't look that way! My face just started perking up, very subtle but definitely changing...
- by early to mid-January I noticed an overall more sculpted look to my face and cheekbones - more lifting!

I do have stubborn problem areas and I know they will just take persistence, though I'm seeing slight improvement now:
- MLs and jowliness; those areas are getting better
- heavy under-brow area; it's lifting ever so slightly but so slowly; why can't it improve as quickly as my undereye area?!

I've yet had to hear from people who see me on a daily basis that they've noticed a difference. My DH hasn't, though he generally doesn't notice things like this. I'm waiting for someone who hasn't seen me, for example, since before the holidays, to notice and comment. I'll report when that happens!

That's my story! Smile

Myrna, welcome to you too! I hear ya on the menopause part - I'm sure that's why I felt in the past year that my face was suddenly falling. Hormones - or lack of them - really do a number on us... I'm sure you will continue to be very pleased with Ageless!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
scoobyoov wrote:
how come i hear people saying that these exercises will give you FULLER cheeks and high cheeks?

those are the things i'm trying to avoid, which exercise do I avoid to have FULLEr cheeks and higher cheeks?

Scoob, I am going to sound like a broken record here, but if you ONLY want to create the hollow under your cheek bones, JUST DO #6.

That way you won't have to worry about your cheekbones getting bigger, and you won't have to ask this question again.

If you want any more individual assistance, I would really recommend that you go to LouLou's board and ask her directly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
LOL failure - yikes thats no good. Seriously its not the intention behind the suggestion at all. I think with the idea, we were trying to get people to do the exercises daily simply to get into a routine or new habit if you like. Deb herself says on the dvd, that there will be times when you can't train, and thats true for all of us, but its much easier to go back to it once you have gotten into a habit of doing so.

With missing a day or two, here or there, really stress is not going to be useful as it is physical stress so interferes with the biology of the body, instead don't focus on the missing, instead motivate yourself so that the next time you work out you work out twice as hard or you really go to your own personal max and that way you will not lose out at all. Sometimes that extra day of recuperation does you all the more good as its extra recuperation time.

If you doing a double whammy of combining Ageless and FE, same thing I think applies. Dont beat yourself up because you miss a day, instead, recognise that something happened that prevented you doing so and then aim to work out your muscles to their personal max the next time. Its really about forming the workout so it becomes a habit, and if your having fun doing so, you will be more motivated to work out.

I think thats the secret I was able to stick to the guidelines in the beginning, because every time I sat down to Flex, I had fun (although I worked hard), but thats what kept me coming back.

Some days, if I was ill for instance, FE went out the window, because I knew my body was already in a state of challenge. However, as soon as I was better I would get straight back on with the routine.

I think its key with any exercise routine (body or face) to have fun, and then you will both enjoy it, work out, and learn (which truly is the key after all!).

Kari wrote:
mpstat wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
.... No longer feeling guilty for "missing" a day. I used to read on FE - mostly Sean who is so knowledgable and stresses the importance of the everyday - all 40 and I think he is right. The tone and commitment and work out is important and feels great. But for me when I would miss a day or two I'd feel like a failure and that I had lost out on time and no way to make it up....

This is exactly the feeling I used to have before switching to 2+1 and since a week ago every other day schedule!

I think Ageless and FF should work magnificently!

I've been using Facial Flex. I'm 61, and people guess early 40s-early 50s.

I just bought and tried Lulu's ebook, and my facial muscles are sore.

This is a GOOD thing!

MT guess is that Facial Flex plus Ageless MIGHT be the Holy Grail!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Linda Lou, welcome! I've been doing Ageless since early December, so about two and a half months now. I love it, and I agree with many posters here that it's the best $10 I've ever spent, hands down!

- MLs and jowliness; those areas are getting better
- heavy under-brow area; it's lifting ever so slightly but so slowly; why can't it improve as quickly as my undereye area?!

I've yet had to hear from people who see me on a daily basis that they've noticed a difference. My DH hasn't, though he generally doesn't notice things like this. I'm waiting for someone who hasn't seen me, for example, since before the holidays, to notice and comment. I'll report when that happens!

That's my story! Smile

Hi,and thank you for the welcome and breaking it all down for me! Very Happy

It's so encouraging to read these results.

I agree with you that when ppl see you everyday, it's hard to notice subtle changes.

I have this weird thing going on with my n/l folds.

They have been a bit swollen in this area since doing Juvy a couple of years ago. I avoided the cheeks ex from FR b/c I thought it was making it worse, and I in fact, overbuilt this area, making the swelling even more predominant!

Now I have these lines going out onto my cheeks, in a fat roll.......it's not even just a line anymore.

I would like to think I'm not alone in this but I just may be, b/c of the way I've worked my face since June.

I'm putting a whole lot of hope in Ageless and FE for that matter, and trying to do all correctly!

OH, btw, what are "ML's"?????
Linda Very Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Linda Lou wrote:

Linda, I have had significant improvement in my marionette lines...you can see my pics on page 44.

Bethany, you look great!!

Tell me, do you attribute any of your results from the STOP thingy you've been doing? I did Thermage, once last spring, and I haven't seen much. SOunds like Thermage and STOP may be the same type of thing?

And please, anyone wanting to post horror stories about Thermage, I would kindly ask you not to.

I've read enough about it, and wish I woulda read it before I got it. I'm hoping I won't have any bad things happen over time.

I've read many of your posts before I registered, Bethany, and you are very encouraging.

Hope I get your results!

Linda Very Happy
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Linda Lou, "ML's are marionette lines. The ones that run along side your nose to the outside of your lip.
misspointy
5% products discount

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
OHH I thought Marionette lines ran from the outside of the lip towards the chin? and the lines from nose to mouth are Nasal somethings?

Now two weeks into this programme. Dont ime fly by?
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Linda Lou, "ML's are marionette lines. The ones that run along side your nose to the outside of your lip.

Ahhhh............yes!

How well acquainted I am with those!

I shoulda known.

Very Happy
EMR
5% products discount

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
Determined wrote:

Ahhhh............yes!

How well acquainted I am with those!

I shoulda known.

Very Happy

Nasolabial folds or lines - run from nasal base at side of nose toward corners of mouth.

Marionette lines or folds - aka "puppet mouth" and also known as oral commissures - run from immediate corner of mouth vertically toward chin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |