Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
Nasolabial folds or lines - run from nasal base at side of nose toward corners of mouth.

Marionette lines or folds - aka "puppet mouth" and also known as oral commissures - run from immediate corner of mouth vertically toward chin.

Yep...that sounds right to me!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
My bad....
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
Need to rave for a bit.......and a bit of history.
After implant surgery (MFL + ORI's) I had some numbness and a sort of heavy/weighty sensation right next to my NL line on my left side. I also happen to have a bit more flesh there (I'm on the thin side and have little facial fullness - hence my cheek and orbital rim implants). I always felt as if I wanted to physically "lift up" that area and push it toward my eye's. The MFL on that side wasn't as successful as my right side and I just "felt" this weight or sag. Also my NL on my left side was much more noticeable that my right - due to more flesh there.
After 4 weeks of Ageless I just noticed that my NL lines are much smoother. That sag has lifted!!! and I've lost that weighty sensation...so happy...I've been high fiving myself in the mirror for about an hour....but privately of course.......
When light hits me at an oblique angle - the result is just positively aging not to mention scary.....I just happened to look in a mirror in the same strong oblique light and don't see the fold that exacerbates the NL line....it's almost as if the NL's are just a flat inconspicous hint of a line - almost completely filled out! how fab is that!
I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) some asymmetries I have so I'll post in a few weeks my progress if any one is interested.
One other thing, I had lunch with a very close friend that looked at me and said "you look good".....a bit later she said..." OK what did you do .....you look really good"
I've been complimented by her maybe twice. She's quite beautiful and blessed with gorgeous bone structure. I asked her what does she see that is a positive change but she couldn't put her finger on it - she's not the most observant of people - a trait of hers that I do tease her about often! In any case she said maybe it's your eyes, what are doing....
I told her I was doing everything diff. 302, dermarolling, L2K, facial ex. and what she probably saw that was a positive change were the effects of facial ex.
I thought I would post about this since I was so encouraged to read and see the positive changes that occurred with various posters - and am extremely thankful for all the feedback that you all give.
I first came across LouLou's book on MissJ'sFacialPlasticSurgery board where I also found postings that referenced EDS and the dermarolling thread - which is how I got to here from there...lol
Hope this is of some encouragement to some of you out there!
Ex # 5 is what I believe has been the most beneficial re: the NL lines. I do very intense work there. Hold the counts and release completely between reps.
Also I really work #1 and #2 hard on my left side - I believe they have also really helped to lessen the NL line. I don't have much of a ML problem - but am hoping that eventually I'll get better lip posture there. Maybe some semblance of a corner lip lift w/o a scalpel!
I also do a lot of #10 - anything for a lip lift...

great post!!
thanks for taking the time to update us

LINDA LOU

swelling in my n/l fold? jeeze i better go back and see what i wrote - i think i've lived two lifetimes since that post (lol). a quick up date - i'm loveing ageless, no complaints - using it almost exclusively - loving the jawline softening-marionette lines/jowls which were coming back (because i stopped (can i say the F word)heregoes - flexing))are being pulled out (i'm sure it's the fruit crush ex.6). neck needs some tending to though...

m
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
hi ladies

i've got a question re: ageless. i've been doing it for about 2 weeks and i noticed 2 things today that made me go "hmmmm...i hope this is transitional". one is, I notice that the lines (can't remember correct term) that come down from the nose(nostrals) to the lips (not the N/L folds, but the mound of skin above the lip) are really pronounced -- i look like a freakn' cat!! unfortunately, i still have lip lines beside these mounds...
the other is i seem to be accumulating a bit of flesh on the cheek by the nose which accentuates my N/L folds.

Hi there, Moongoddess!

I hope you don't mind me quoteing you, but I started thinking that perhaps it wasn't you having this prob.

I dont' have the problem with nose to lip line, but I DO have the flesh by the n/l folds whick makes them look worse. I actually long for the days when all I had by my nose were lines!

Looks like your probs corrected though. Good for you!

Thanks for addressing my post.

Linda Very Happy
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wonders what ML's are.
As I understand, they are the lines that run from the corners of your mouth to the bottom of your chin - right down to help form the dreaded jowl. Those awesome Neutral lines that go from your nose to the corners of your mouth are the naso labial (spelling?) lines (NL's). As an added aging bonus, those NL's can carry right on into your ML's and while neither are fun to own, together they are horrible Crying or Very sad.
I think that I'm right. If not, anyone can correct me Wink
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I keep forgetting how long this thread is and didn't go to the next page after Linda Lou's question about ML's. (I feel good to know that my very late response was indeed correct though Smile ) Sorry to be repetitive on an already loooong discussion.
I was wondering about day one of the exercises. I find that my cheeks (such as they are - at least that what I call what used to be in that area) are way easier to grasp on freshly cleansed skin. I tried with gloves & with two pieces of tissue & both really irritated my face. My question relates to the intensity of the grasp. I am shocked to not find bruises on my face because I really hang on tight. Also, should your hands move up & down with the smiling, snarling and such or are you supposed to be holding them stationary?
Thanks in advance!
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Holy cow! I started Ageless just this week. I did all the exercises Tuesday and Wednesday to get familiar with them. I skipped yesterday and did Day 2 today because I hate my hooded eyelids the most right now. Saggy skin from my brow area oozes out over my eyelid and it looks like an extra eyelid. The left eyelid is worse than the right one, but I hate them both. I haven’t worn eye shadow or liner for years because they don’t show under my “alien granny” eyelids. Today as I was doing the exercises I worried a little that I shouldn’t be pinching and stretching that skin any more than it already is, but I went for it anyway. This afternoon, however, I see that the little hang-y down flap is – what? Shrinking? Being pulled up? All I know is that it is much smaller and less noticeable. The left eye muscles are strong enough now that I can open that eye up and lose the ooze without using my finger to prop it up. The right eye was not as bad, and now the whole right eyelid is exposed all the way across. I have done the exercises only three times!

I am amazed and grateful and more determined than ever to trust LL and keep to this routine. I really thought, reading about other people’s fast results, that it wouldn’t happen that way for me because I’m older and saggier and postmenopausal and collagen-less and not using the right products and – well, you get my point. Now I know that Ageless if you Dare is going to work for me too. I can't wait to find it has done something wonderful to my neck!

Myrna
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Drat! My reptile eye was back by dinner time, but I sure enjoyed the preview.

Myrna
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Myrna, it WILL happen....the eye are one of the first areas to respond, so hang in there!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement, Bethany! Today I like my cheeks, so I am feeling better already.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
linda lue...

i think i may have the same issue you are referring to.

I have on my right cheek starting at the nasio. fold a large lump - its flat but can be seen in certain light. And its about an inch long and 2 inches in height. It has gotten worse I believe since doing these exercises - not sure if I need to eliminate one or even which one that would be.

I had sculptura a few years ago - not juvaderm - but maybe that doesnt matter.

But actually ive been beginning to wonder if its a lump at all - the more i stare at it - the more i think it may be a dent in my cheek. I remember someone mentioning I had a dimple years ago. i had a few months ago taken a lancet and poked the then small line - which never went away but now is definitely longer - which may be due to the exercises (not sure)

Anyway - because I have sagging at my nasio. fold and slight ML's - the dent makes it look like one big mass. I guess I wont know until i go to a plastic surgeon...

sorry i went off there - but maybe you have a similar situation ????
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Actually Linda Lou, ML's are the lines that run from the corners of your mouth down to your chin.HTH.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Actually Linda Lou, ML's are the lines that run from the corners of your mouth down to your chin.HTH.

Sorry, didn't realize that other people had already said the same thing!
besterry1

Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am new member. I purchased Ageless and have begun exercises. I am 54 and work outside. I am a medium-fair blue eyed blonde with some acne outbreaks. My concerns are the lack of elasticity in my skin. It is too early to see about effects of the facial exercises but for the skin on my forearms and above the knees would you recommend dermarolling or are their "exercises besides pinching the skin that will help improve the elasticity. Lastly with the vitamin C recipe can you use ascorbic acid not L-ascorbic acid. I can get this at the pool supply store.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:

I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) some asymmetries I have so I'll post in a few weeks my progress if any one is interested.

I am very interested... How do you get onto customized plan with LouLou?

I am persuaded I need some customization in my routine as I am also interested in correcting the asymmetry and my face shape is not that common. I need to build up some volume at the lower part of the face but I am not sure what exercises would work for that.

I've been doing these exercises for about 2 weeks now (even through the pain of my injured thumb - ouch!) After unprovoked people started noticing that my face is fuller, I am not stopping! EVER! Thank you LouLou for a great inspiration!
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
linda lue...

i think i may have the same issue you are referring to.

I have on my right cheek starting at the nasio. fold a large lump - its flat but can be seen in certain light. And its about an inch long and 2 inches in height. It has gotten worse I believe since doing these exercises - not sure if I need to eliminate one or even which one that would be.

I had sculptura a few years ago - not juvaderm - but maybe that doesnt matter.

But actually ive been beginning to wonder if its a lump at all - the more i stare at it - the more i think it may be a dent in my cheek. I remember someone mentioning I had a dimple years ago. i had a few months ago taken a lancet and poked the then small line - which never went away but now is definitely longer - which may be due to the exercises (not sure)

Anyway - because I have sagging at my nasio. fold and slight ML's - the dent makes it look like one big mass. I guess I wont know until i go to a plastic surgeon...

sorry i went off there - but maybe you have a similar situation ????

Hmmm.

I just don't know, MB. Maybe the similar factor here is we've both had fillers of some sort in the n/l lines. I know right after having it done, I noticed a lot of swelling, but naturally, it was attributed to the injection itself.

Thing is, it never completely went away; diminished, yes, but not gone.

Now, it's about 3 inches long, and looks like a roll right next to the n/l lines. Yep, you sure can see it in different lighting.

It's scary.

Be glad if your's is only 1 inch, and on only one side.............I have a matching set! :O

Doing FE certainly made it more predominant, but as Claudia explained, I probably built muscle under the pre-existing swelling.

Don't know if I can ever complete deflate this area, but here's hoping.

I'm working my cheeks quite vigorously now, after not doing all the FE cheek ex before, b/c I feared making the area worse, and it DID look worse, immediately after doing FE's cheek raiser, or Wide Laugh.

Back to the drawing board for me, I'm afraid.

Please let me know if you have success in lessening this area.

Linda Very Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
doodles wrote:

Sorry, didn't realize that other people had already said the same thing!

No prob. I shoulda known what the heck they were anyhow!

Very Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
EMR wrote:

I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) how do I get onto customized plan with LouLou?

I would love to know how to get a customized plan too, as I don't want to do any more damage to my face!

Linda
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
ella-stella wrote:
EMR wrote:

I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) how do I get onto customized plan with LouLou?

I would love to know how to get a customized plan too, as I don't want to do any more damage to my face!

Linda

Just send LouLou an email at LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com and ask her for private training. LouLou gives lessons, and if you live in UK not far from her you can even attend private sessions in person! Very Happy Otherwise LouLou should be able to conduct distance training through Internet.
dlynne9
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I started the facial exercises the other day, and so far it feels good. It took me a while, though, to "feel" the appropriate isolated cheek muscle per exercise. I ended up doing about 30 to 40 "reps" per exercise because it took about 10 to 15 reps for me to isolate the muscle you are supposed to be exercising in the cheek. I guess my face is really out of shape. Confused

I have cheek implants, and I have suspected for a while that on my right side there is a build-up of scar tissue under the skin. In doing the exercises, I noticed that this side is a lot of sorer than the other side. Maybe these exercises will break up that scar tissue.

Does anyone have the password so that I can see LouLou's butt kick exercise? I followed the link, but the video requires a passord.
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
dlynne9 wrote:
I started the facial exercises the other day, and so far it feels good. It took me a while, though, to "feel" the appropriate isolated cheek muscle per exercise. I ended up doing about 30 to 40 "reps" per exercise because it took about 10 to 15 reps for me to isolate the muscle you are supposed to be exercising in the cheek. I guess my face is really out of shape. Confused

I have cheek implants, and I have suspected for a while that on my right side there is a build-up of scar tissue under the skin. In doing the exercises, I noticed that this side is a lot of sorer than the other side. Maybe these exercises will break up that scar tissue.

Does anyone have the password so that I can see LouLou's butt kick exercise? I followed the link, but the video requires a passord.

I have wondered slso, if you can do extra reps of the ex's.

You shouldn't need a password, the link to the video is on the Ageless site.

Linda Very Happy
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Linda Lou wrote:
ella-stella wrote:
EMR wrote:

Linda

Just send LouLou an email at LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com and ask her for private training. LouLou gives lessons, and if you live in UK not far from her you can even attend private sessions in person! Very Happy Otherwise LouLou should be able to conduct distance training through Internet.

Thanks so much! I live in the US however, but will contact her today.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Myrna Speaks wrote:

Myrna

Just be pleased that you got the preview, Myrna. I can't say enough about this program, even though for decades, I have been a naysayer for facial exercise. My eyes are very tight all round. The sides of my eyes took about six weeks and then I noticed that a fold/crowsfoot-like line that went outwards towards my temple had disappeared as the upper part of the orbicularis muscle tautened. It's truly incredible what this program can do for the face, spirit and confidence.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Myrna Speaks wrote:

Myrna

Just be pleased that you got the preview, Myrna. I can't say enough about this program, even though for decades, I have been a naysayer for facial exercise. My eyes are very tight all round. The sides of my eyes took about six weeks and then I noticed that a fold/crowsfoot-like line that went outwards towards my temple had disappeared as the upper part of the orbicularis muscle tautened. It's truly incredible what this program can do for the face, spirit and confidence.

I'm actually starting to get a bit confused.

I read great reviews like yours, and get very encouraged, and then b/c my n/l folds look worse for wear, and I read similar reports on the Ageless forum, I get concerned that I'm going to make things permanently worse!!

When does LL usually post here and there??? Anyone know?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
When does LL usually post here and there??? Anyone know?

LL doesn't post much here anymore...we ran her off with all of the talking about exercises from competitive programs, and it was too much for her to read through.

Your best bet would be to post on her forum.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |