Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
besterry1 wrote:
I am new member. I purchased Ageless and have begun exercises. I am 54 and work outside. I am a medium-fair blue eyed blonde with some acne outbreaks. My concerns are the lack of elasticity in my skin. It is too early to see about effects of the facial exercises but for the skin on my forearms and above the knees would you recommend dermarolling or are their "exercises besides pinching the skin that will help improve the elasticity. Lastly with the vitamin C recipe can you use ascorbic acid not L-ascorbic acid. I can get this at the pool supply store.

Welcome to EDS! Very Happy

I would recommend starting a new thread in the Skincare and Makeup forum outlining your issues and ask for recommendations. That will allow this thread to stay on the topic of Ageless facial exercises only, and get your questions answered too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:

When does LL usually post here and there??? Anyone know?

LouLou pops in on occasion - But not with regular consistancy. Her forum is directly related to her book. You'll get more direct answers there. As Bethany said she does not have to sift through all kinds of extraneous things trying to answer a question like she had to deal with here.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
bethany.

May I ask a silly question, I read some posts about overdo certain muscle, will make that area looks tired. I wonder, how can I tell I am overdoing it? What does it mean by 'tired'?

I emailed to LL the other day, I asked her that I noticed that my nose is getting larger (nothing to do with her exercise, just I'm aging), if there is any exercises can help. LL does not have an exercise focusing on nose. So, I have started to read the book from FE, it has a few exercises for nose, I am struggling if I can include them to LL one.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
critic,
Carole Maggio has a nose exercise which is geared toward keeping the nose shorter and I believe thinner.. You can find it on You Tube. Back on topic - I don't think Lou focuses on the nose and FE has an exercise that indirectly works the nose but it doesn't address size or growth issues.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
bethany.

May I ask a silly question, I read some posts about overdo certain muscle, will make that area looks tired. I wonder, how can I tell I am overdoing it? What does it mean by 'tired'?

Here is an example...if you overdo the eye muscles, then that area might start to look a bit puffy or saggy until the muscle rebounds. LL recommends taking a day off between exercises to help avoid that.

critic wrote:
I emailed to LL the other day, I asked her that I noticed that my nose is getting larger (nothing to do with her exercise, just I'm aging), if there is any exercises can help. LL does not have an exercise focusing on nose. So, I have started to read the book from FE, it has a few exercises for nose, I am struggling if I can include them to LL one.

I would definitely ask LL if she sees any issues with you adding those FE exercises to the Ageless protocol...as ClaudiaFE pointed out the other day, mixing and matching exercises across programs can sometimes have negative results.

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry if this has been asked or answered before in this thread...

I started my ageless today, and after all the pulling and pressing my cheeks are fairly red afterwards, and I have broken caps on my cheek. So my dilemma is should I continue with the face exercise at the risk this may make my broken cap worse?

I'd love to hear from someone who is doing ageless also having broken cap?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
critic,
Carole Maggio has a nose exercise which is geared toward keeping the nose shorter and I believe thinner.. You can find it on You Tube. Back on topic - I don't think Lou focuses on the nose and FE has an exercise that indirectly works the nose but it doesn't address size or growth issues.

sis, thanks for this. Was the only thing missing in my facial exercise routine..hope it works!
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I have posted questions to LL on her forum, but I kinda thought she might be here more than there these days!

I guess she is quite busy.

Bethany, the answer you gave about an area looking puffy or swollen might have answered MY question................but it'w weird; I get up and the n/l area looks swollen, and the skin seems to fall towards my nose if that makes sense.

So.........I only take off one day per week, b/c when I exercise the muscles it seems to look a bit better throughout the day. It is taking FOREVER for this area to resolve and lift up and away!!!! Maybe I should just do alternate exercises as described on Ageless?

As I said, I'm getting confused, and don't have answers readily available.

I intend to hang in there until I do!

Linda Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Linda, I would follow the plan as it is laid out and take the recommended breaks...especially since you just started. I tried tweaking the frequency and the reps at the beginning, and quickly learned that I ended up looking worse rather than better.

But what you are describing sounds like fluid retention...slight inflammation from overdoing it could be an issue, but allergies or high sodium intake could as well. It is dissipating over the day due to gravity.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Me again! It’s still the first week for me and I have a question about a new “development.” I now have an odd inch-and-a-half-long deep horizontal line between my nose and upper lip when I smile. I noticed it yesterday and it’s still there today.

Confession time: I think I have overdone Exercise 10, Kiss. My mouth is naturally droopy, and I noticed when doing Kiss that the ends of my mouth weren’t actually rising, so I started doing it a couple of times a day. Also, I have done nose pushups for years and didn’t stop doing them when I started Ageless. What do you think? Have I created my own mustache wrinkle? No more extra Kisses, that’s for sure, and I guess I’ll quit the nose pumps.

All in all, I am happy with what has happened with my face in just six days. Even the horizontal dimple means the exercises are effective, right?

Myrna
EMR
5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Linda Lou wrote:
ella-stella wrote:
EMR wrote:

I'm working on a customized plan with LouLou to mitigate (as much as possible) how do I get onto customized plan with LouLou?

I am very interested... How do you get onto customized plan with LouLou?

I would love to know how to get a customized plan too, as I don't want to do any more damage to my face!

Linda

Just send LouLou an email at LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com and ask her for private training. LouLou gives lessons, and if you live in UK not far from her you can even attend private sessions in person! Very Happy Otherwise LouLou should be able to conduct distance training through Internet.

....what Mpstat said..... I emailed Louise and asked if she would take on a client from NY for private training. I sent copious photos - full face, oblique angles, side views - pointing out exactly what I wanted to lessen, lift , build...etc and am now working on a customized plan.
HTH
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Linda, I would follow the plan as it is laid out and take the recommended breaks...especially since you just started. I tried tweaking the frequency and the reps at the beginning, and quickly learned that I ended up looking worse rather than better.

But what you are describing sounds like fluid retention...slight inflammation from overdoing it could be an issue, but allergies or high sodium intake could as well. It is dissipating over the day due to gravity.

Ahhhh yes...........don't ya love that gravity??

:O

It is partly inflammation due to Juvy injections over 2 yrs ago as I described before, a condition that never went away totally.

I am no stranger to facial ex, doing all different kinds of programs over the past 8 yrs.

I most recently have been doing FE. I believe I have built muscle under inflammed area, by doing too much ex for canninus, and not enough FE cheek ex, b/c I felt they were making my lines worse.

I guess I could try doing Ageless as prescribed, adn see what happens.

Thanks for your reply, Bethany!

Linda
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
dlynne9 wrote:
Does anyone have the password so that I can see LouLou's butt kick exercise? I followed the link, but the video requires a passord.

Ok, have a question. First of all, the password is in the end of the book (at least my downloaded version has the http address and then the password). But I did not get what the password is for. When I entered the address into my web browser, LouLou videos were just right there, so I thought, perhaps, my IP was recognized, because my book was a download. But now I see that you are talking about some kind of "Butt Kick" videos and a need of password.
Can anyone explain it to me, what link should I follow?
As I said, I have the password, but never found a use for it.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
EMR wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Just send LouLou an email at LouiseAnnetteUK@aol.com and ask her for private training. LouLou gives lessons, and if you live in UK not far from her you can even attend private sessions in person! Very Happy Otherwise LouLou should be able to conduct distance training through Internet.

....what Mpstat said..... I emailed Louise and asked if she would take on a client from NY for private training. I sent copious photos - full face, oblique angles, side views - pointing out exactly what I wanted to lessen, lift , build...etc and am now working on a customized plan.
HTH

Thank you, ladies. I sent her the email on Saturday (but without pictures yet) asking about how I can get her consultation & private training. I am looking forward to her reply.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to ask this... i did a search and couldnt find it.

i actually posted on this site too but forgot the link - what is the web address to loulou's other site?

thanks - I will save it for sure now.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany

Thank you. I think I better stick on the plan that LL recommended. I was doing both Day 1 & 2 on the same day for everyday for 2 weeks.

BTW, I read from somewhere that can view your before/after pictures, where I can find it or you have deleted it?

thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
bethany

Thank you. I think I better stick on the plan that LL recommended. I was doing both Day 1 & 2 on the same day for everyday for 2 weeks.

BTW, I read from somewhere that can view your before/after pictures, where I can find it or you have deleted it?

thanks!

Here you go...I started Ageless on 11/8. Pics from 11/27, 1/25, and 2/6.

bethany wrote:
A new update...it's almost 3am and I REALLY need to get to bed, but wanted to post this update because one of my work partners that have not seen for 6 months commented on my missing ML's today!! Very Happy

I have been doing Ageless for a few days short of 4 months, and the change has been dramatic. (well, IMHO anyway) I did add the STOP a few weeks ago (6 treatments thus far), but based on the results I am NOT seeing on other sagging places on my face, it is clear to me that Ageless is the primary driver of these results.

Let me know what you think!

bethany wrote:
I started Ageless on 11/8, but don't have any pics from immediately before I started. However, here is a comparison of pics from 11/27 and today, 1/25. This is my worst side, and losing 14 pounds has actually created some additional sagging, sigh. I have also done 3 STOP treatments, but I am seeing very minimal change from that at this point on my worst side.

I think STOP has helped some too, but not to the same degree as Ageless. Ageless can really remodel your face, while the STOP is like the cleaning crew that comes in after the remodel and tidies things up in a very subtle way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
sorry to ask this... i did a search and couldnt find it.

i actually posted on this site too but forgot the link - what is the web address to loulou's other site?

thanks - I will save it for sure now.

Here you go:

LouLou's message board...use this just for messages to LL.
http://members4.boardhost.com/ageless/index.html?1233335582

LouLou's forum:
http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/page_1224748238484.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

This was the message that I read, but I can't view your pictures, I thought you have removed it. I have tried 3 computers.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Bethany,

This was the message that I read, but I can't view your pictures, I thought you have removed it. I have tried 3 computers.

Hmm...what do you see instead of my ugly jowls?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can see Bethany's pictures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
For the life of me, I can't get a handle on Exercise 6 "Crush". I always end up doing a version of Exercise 4 & just squish me teeth against my teeth. I really need both of these for my jowls so does anybody have any tips? Thanks!
Also, is there any harm in doing this program every morning? I find that I stay on track better if I do something without interruption - that way if I do miss a day I don't feel so guilty.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
For the life of me, I can't get a handle on Exercise 6 "Crush". I always end up doing a version of Exercise 4 & just squish me teeth against my teeth. I really need both of these for my jowls so does anybody have any tips? Thanks!
Also, is there any harm in doing this program every morning? I find that I stay on track better if I do something without interruption - that way if I do miss a day I don't feel so guilty.

Hi RM -
i have a hard time w/ 6 also and i know i've got strong buccinators (from other facial excercises)-it's difficult for me to engage the muscle (or maybe just FEEL engagement) and when i do , i cannot hold it for 10 counts - i feel the contraction melting under me after about 4/5 seconds and i often end up pursing my lips. NOW, all that said, i am getting beautiful results w/ my marionnet lines as well as jowls- so i am obviously doing something right even though it feels like one of my weakest excercises! (oh, and i stopped doing my other bucc. excercises when i started lou's - but occasionaly i'll try one just to see if that muscle is strong - AND IT IS!)

When you said squish teeth against teeth, did you mean to say squish cheek aganist teeth? because i think if it's teeth against teeth, you are activating the masseter and not the buccs.
also - i do the program daily for exactly the reason you mention - it's such an easy program though, i find myself having to MAKE myself take a day off so i don't fatique my muscles resulting in a tired face.
hope this helps
m
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion, I can’t offer much help as I’m only a week into the program. I don’t have a problem (yet?) with differentiating between Exercises 4 and 6 because 4r involves pushing against resistance and 6 is pulling against it. Maybe the word “teeth” is tripping you up? Try ignoring that piece of it. I find LL’s suggested phrase for Exercise 4 especially helpful, too.

As for wanting to do the exercises daily, I just do half of them each day. You know, Day 1 and Day 2. I think that time of rest and recovery is important.

I really hope somebody experienced chimes in here with some real help for you soon!

Myrna
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Linda Lou wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
hi ladies

i've got a question re: ageless. i've been doing it for about 2 weeks and i noticed 2 things today that made me go "hmmmm...i hope this is transitional". one is, I notice that the lines (can't remember correct term) that come down from the nose(nostrals) to the lips (not the N/L folds, but the mound of skin above the lip) are really pronounced -- i look like a freakn' cat!! unfortunately, i still have lip lines beside these mounds...
the other is i seem to be accumulating a bit of flesh on the cheek by the nose which accentuates my N/L folds.

Hi there, Moongoddess!

I hope you don't mind me quoteing you, but I started thinking that perhaps it wasn't you having this prob.

I dont' have the problem with nose to lip line, but I DO have the flesh by the n/l folds whick makes them look worse. I actually long for the days when all I had by my nose were lines!

Looks like your probs corrected though. Good for you!

Thanks for addressing my post.

Linda Very Happy

thank god for these posts so i can chart my progress!! LOL!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |