Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
anya wrote:
Do any of you ladies doing the Ageless exercises have marionette lines and have you noticed any improvement?

TIA.

Anya, I have only been doing them since 11/8, but I noticed today that my marionette lines/jowls seemed a bit less obvious to me.

I need to take a picture this weekend before any more time passes so that I can really start watching for changes.

Just an FYI...I did a closer inspection of the old Howdy Doody lines today, and I think they are definitely decreasing!!

I am off to go do my exercises right now. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
fawnie wrote:
And only 5 minutes a day!

Oh no...

Bethany mentioned Ageless facial exercises in the dermaroller thread, and I *had* to come see what it was all about. I'm almost definitely going to end up buying this. Laughing

Ok, I need to get some coffee and read through the rest of this thread. I do have FE, so I'm dying to see how they compare. By the way, I loved the results I got during my short and somewhat sporadic history with FE, but there are only so many hours in a day Neutral

Low, I have them both as well...here is what I recommended to someone else:

bethany wrote:
Take Care wrote:
Hi Bethany,

So if you had to choose one facial excercise dvd
Which would it be?

drum roll please......

I would recommend starting with the $10 download of "Ageless If You Dare" which takes about 5 mins a day, 4 days a week. (there is no DVD) LouLou used to be a FlexEffect trainer (see below) and wrote her own book. I suggest starting with this, because if you are not going to stick with it, then it is better to go with the cheaper program. I also think a shorter program is easier to make a commitment to, and actually follow through with.

Her website:
http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/

Her before and after pics when she did FlexEffect (this shows the power of facial exercise)
http://www.flexeffect.com/LoulouBA.htm

Where to order the Ageless download:
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

If you like that and stick with it, you might want something more intense down the road...then order FlexEffect which takes more like 35 mins a day, 7 days a week. It is $70 + $5 shipping in the US.

http://flexeffect.com/

I ordered FlexEffect, and found that I was not able to make the time commitment. Then I got Ageless, and have no problem doing that program at all. Down the road I may add in some FlexEffect exercises (since I have both programs), but Ageless is about all I can handle until after the holidays due to The Job From Hell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Just an FYI...I did a closer inspection of the old Howdy Doody lines today, and I think they are definitely decreasing!!

Love your description Bethany Laughing I'm definitely encouraged, so I'll probably break down and order it. Thanks!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Anya, I have only been doing them since 11/8, but I noticed today that my marionette lines/jowls seemed a bit less obvious to me.

I need to take a picture this weekend before any more time passes so that I can really start watching for changes.

Are you still using the Facial Flex as well, or have the Ageless exercises replaced it?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

Are you still using the Facial Flex as well, or have the Ageless exercises replaced it?

I stopped the Facial Flex when I started this just to see how they compared.

The Facial Flex is super easy, but I think you get much more range and control with Ageless...I definitely "feel" it more when doing the exercises, and at the beginning I could feel it the next day too. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I skimmed thru most of this post and really want to either try this program or go with FE. I looked to see if anyone asked which program is better - someone only asked if they should be used together...

I just really need help with my one cheek area -ive mentioned it on EDS before and someone said I should try FE. I have a huge mass that looks like I have something in my mouth. Thought it was from sculptura which I had 3 years ago!!!

Anyway the price of FE is pretty high and from what you ladies have mentioned it takes awhile to do. I can be very lazy. In fact Ive put off all my skin care Gadgets for awhile just because I havent felt like doing anything. But if you guys see results with this program maybe i will give it a try. OR do you think I would get better results with FE??? Im 36 have very saggy eyelids which I hate and not the firmest of skin - although my other gadgets have helped a bit with that.

If anyone could help me out with this id appreciate it

THANKS

Mb, while I do not have Ageless (yet! my cursor is hovering over the "buy" button), if you have major time/finance concerns, you might consider trying Ageless first.

If you want something different and possibly more comprehensive at some point down the road, you can then try FE.

Just my $0.02 - your mileage may vary Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
bethany wrote:

Love your description Bethany Laughing I'm definitely encouraged, so I'll probably break down and order it. Thanks!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to NOT buy the next big "thing," but I'm glad I did in this case, lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
my mouse has been hovering too. Smile

Thats a good idea - Im buying it tomorrow (my bf is in the room and if he sees me get my credit card out AGAIN while at the computer Im gonna hear it. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I just really need help with my one cheek area -ive mentioned it on EDS before and someone said I should try FE. I have a huge mass that looks like I have something in my mouth. Thought it was from sculptura which I had 3 years ago!!!

Are you sure it is not the Sculptra? People definitely have had to have it cut out for various reasons.

Is there are chance that you can post a pic of just that area (and crop out the rest of your face if you want, of course)? I would hate to see you buy something that won't work for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
I have a question on the first day, first exercise. When you pinch the cheek area, do you lift the muscle with your fingers up towards the center of the eye or do I lift the muscle by smiling and creating resistance by holding the cheek area in place?

Also, several exercises instruct that we pull the muscle/flesh away from the face...does this mean pull the muscle off to the side or straight out from the face?

Jen, when you do the first exercise you want to move the muscle by smiling, and the fingers push against the muscle to create resistance.

As far as the second question, hopefully LouLou will help out with that one soon. I personally just pull it in the direction that I am able to get the best grip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
It seems when you pull you are also massaging the area. For me, the skin pulls back as I smile big and the muscle wants to get away from me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It seems when you pull you are also massaging the area. For me, the skin pulls back as I smile big and the muscle wants to get away from me.

Yep...I actually stop and wipe my fingers off in the middle of the reps so that I can get a better grip each time. Those escaping muscles are ruthless!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

Thanks for answering my questions on the exercises!

Jen
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany

i will take a picture now and send it later...

thanks for the help!!!

(actually how do i post a pic here??)
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Yep...I actually stop and wipe my fingers off in the middle of the reps so that I can get a better grip each time. Those escaping muscles are ruthless!

Me too on the stopping, wiping and re-gripping! I keep thinking that maybe I should keep some mineral powder nearby to keep the surface really "dry" and matte. Mmmmm...what do you guys think?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
lilome wrote:
So I have only repeated them three times so far and I can honestly say that they have already made a difference in that my cheeks feel "fuller" when I grab them and the third time I could feel muscles moving, which wasn't the case the first time! I'm amazed!

I'm trying extremely hard to have faith in doing facial exercises - but I find it completely unbelievable that you would have any increased fullness in the cheeks after doing an exercise three times!

Actually, it's not so unbelievable at all. Think how a bicep muscles swells and becomes firm immediately after you work it and for a period of time after. With continued exercise, it stays that way as the muscle fibers tear and rebuild.

I have found the very same thing to be true with this program and I haven't done it all that long either. I can feel my upper cheek muscles are firmer to the touch and they definitely have that sore muscle ache. I don't know that it is visible to others yet (would doubt that) but that's not what the OP said she noticed anyway.

I probably would have doubted myself all of this two weeks ago but, in this case, feeling has been believing for me. I'll see what the future brings as I continue to do these very easy and very inexpensive exercises.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Very inspiring, Bethany! Those are just the changes that I want to see in my face. If my cheeks could "beef" up enough to lift that skin that has sagged somewhat around the N/L area, I would be thrilled.

The exercises are so easy and quick to do that I sometimes find that I want to go thru the entire two day routine each day. I wonder if these muscles are ones that need a regenerating day in between workouts or if they are more like the abs in that they can take and readily respond to everyday exercise.

LouLou, any thoughts on that?? Anyone else??
Colli
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I'm so happy that I've discovered this forum. I've been a Facial Flex user for a few years now, but lately I've been feeling that I could do with taking things to "a higher level" - metaphorically and literally! While the Facial Flex has been great, I want to move onto something a bit more rigorous and comprehensive. The FlexEffect system appeals to me, but the amount of time that needs to be spent on it seems a little excessive, especially since I'm always on the go. To cut to the chase, it was because of this board that I found out about Ageless If You Dare. I've already downloaded and read it. It's wonderful: the exercises seem challenging and incorporate the all-important resistance factor, and the exercises can be done in a matter of minutes. What value!

I've only done the Day One exercises, but so far I'm impressed. I only have one concern regarding pinching the skin. At the age of 33, I already have a few fine broken capillaries around my nose, and I'm worried that the skin pinching will cause more capillaries to break. Am I worried about nothing? I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

Colette
x
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

I stopped the Facial Flex when I started this just to see how they compared.

The Facial Flex is super easy, but I think you get much more range and control with Ageless...I definitely "feel" it more when doing the exercises, and at the beginning I could feel it the next day too. Embarassed

Hey Lowbrow and Beth!

Well, being the lazy person I am, when I saw this program only took 5 minutes, I HAD to get it. I've been doing the exercises a couple weeks and I must say that I think they are great. It takes a few times, but you get the hang of feeling the muscles being worked. I think the cheek muscles and eye muscles are definitely getting a good workout and I think I see some lifting going on. The N/L fold seems to be lessened, with the cheek muscles being lifted. I think this is a great program and LouLou was so generous to offer it at such an affordable price. The only thing I have changed is that instead of the Long Neck exercise, I still use the Facial Flex. I find it really hard to grab the skin around the neck as instructed. I think the Facial Flex is excellent for the jawline and neck muscles, so I do 30 reps of that instead of the Long Neck exercises. I also continue to use the vaculift, which is good for circulation and helps skin health as well.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
bethany

i will take a picture now and send it later...

thanks for the help!!!

(actually how do i post a pic here??)

I recommend using Webshots.com. You can upload a pic (for free, and NO spam!!) and then link to it here. PM me if you have any questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
The exercises are so easy and quick to do that I sometimes find that I want to go thru the entire two day routine each day. I wonder if these muscles are ones that need a regenerating day in between workouts or if they are more like the abs in that they can take and readily respond to everyday exercise.

LouLou, any thoughts on that?? Anyone else??

Bren, LouLou mentioned in the book that you want to take a break in order to allow the muscles time to rest, recover, and repair...you will not see positive changes until that repair can take place. (See page 13.) This way you avoid the ugly phases that they mention in the FlexEffect program...the "you may look worse before you look better" kind of thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Hey Lowbrow and Beth!

Well, being the lazy person I am, when I saw this program only took 5 minutes, I HAD to get it. I've been doing the exercises a couple weeks and I must say that I think they are great. It takes a few times, but you get the hang of feeling the muscles being worked. I think the cheek muscles and eye muscles are definitely getting a good workout and I think I see some lifting going on. The N/L fold seems to be lessened, with the cheek muscles being lifted. I think this is a great program and LouLou was so generous to offer it at such an affordable price. The only thing I have changed is that instead of the Long Neck exercise, I still use the Facial Flex. I find it really hard to grab the skin around the neck as instructed. I think the Facial Flex is excellent for the jawline and neck muscles, so I do 30 reps of that instead of the Long Neck exercises. I also continue to use the vaculift, which is good for circulation and helps skin health as well.

That sounds like great news!! I looked again at my marionette lines, and I am really seeing progress too (it has been a month for me).

I think I may add back in my Facial Flex like you did, and see how it goes....I like to raise my head and jut my jaw out a bit while doing it, and you can definitely feel it right under your chin. (and it's even quicker than Ageless...even when you do them slowly like I do). Woo hoo!! This may be the winning combination! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Colli wrote:
I've only done the Day One exercises, but so far I'm impressed. I only have one concern regarding pinching the skin. At the age of 33, I already have a few fine broken capillaries around my nose, and I'm worried that the skin pinching will cause more capillaries to break. Am I worried about nothing? I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

Colette
x

Colette, welcome to EDS!

My guess is that you are not going to see any broken capillaries from these exercises, but you should just keep a close eye on the area just in case.

I have some around my nose as well, and they have definitely not increased in number since starting Ageless (thank goodness). Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Keliu wrote:
lilome wrote:
So I have only repeated them three times so far and I can honestly say that they have already made a difference in that my cheeks feel "fuller" when I grab them and the third time I could feel muscles moving, which wasn't the case the first time! I'm amazed!

I'm trying extremely hard to have faith in doing facial exercises - but I find it completely unbelievable that you would have any increased fullness in the cheeks after doing an exercise three times!

Actually, it's not so unbelievable at all. Think how a bicep muscles swells and becomes firm immediately after you work it and for a period of time after. With continued exercise, it stays that way as the muscle fibers tear and rebuild.

I have found the very same thing to be true with this program and I haven't done it all that long either. I can feel my upper cheek muscles are firmer to the touch and they definitely have that sore muscle ache. I don't know that it is visible to others yet (would doubt that) but that's not what the OP said she noticed anyway.

I probably would have doubted myself all of this two weeks ago but, in this case, feeling has been believing for me. I'll see what the future brings as I continue to do these very easy and very inexpensive exercises.

According to my info, it takes over one month for a man to start building muscle, longer for a woman - and this is also dependent on metabolism.

I seem to be the only one having trouble with this. I'm back using the FacialFlex twice a day and doing Ageless if you Dare - but my jowls still make me look like a depressed hound-dog. The only workout I can feel is in my poor arthritic fingers!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
According to my info, it takes over one month for a man to start building muscle, longer for a woman - and this is also dependent on metabolism.

I seem to be the only one having trouble with this. I'm back using the FacialFlex twice a day and doing Ageless if you Dare - but my jowls still make me look like a depressed hound-dog. The only workout I can feel is in my poor arthritic fingers!

I just got back from dinner with my sister and BIL...she commented on my greatly improved lines! Shock I ended up showing her and my BIL some of the exercises and she is buying the book.

Keliu, you might be overdoing it if you are exercising every day....check out page 13 in the book!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |