Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi suldrun,
Sorry you were sick but glad to hear about your weight loss. WTG! You might want to read through this thread for other opinions, but IMO Ageless works and just makes sense. I bought CM's book years ago but could never commit b/c of the time committment. Ageless is just 5 minutes a day and concentrates on the important areas for lifting. I am already seeing results in just a short time in. BTW, you might want to join some of us Ageless enthusiasts over at LouLou's forum: http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have the facemaster although I currently use a Tua Viso (which is another microcurrent machine) and I also do Ageless. I find that using a microcurrent machine works well with the facial exercises.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have the facemaster but I haven't used it in a long while. Maybe I should drag it out and combine it with the Ageless.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me where to get the cotton gloves, and what kind they're using? Is this something I can find at Wal Mart or Walgreens, or a place like that? I want to avoid shipping charges if I can.
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Pachouli for the welcome. Yes I'm doing so much better now and I want to look it. Smile I'm still not 100% and I have a few procedures to do for my health that I know will really stress my body and I don't want it to show up on my face anymore.

Toby, I'm glad to hear you do both. Do you do both on the same days or alternate days? I'm excited to learn. I had never heard of the Tuo Viso untill I stated lurking here. How do you feel it compares to facemaster.

Thank you both:)

Sul

Oh thanks also about the weight loss Smile I am on a site that you put in everything you eat and it calculates your calories.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get the cotton gloves, and what kind they're using? Is this something I can find at Wal Mart or Walgreens, or a place like that? I want to avoid shipping charges if I can.

I can't actually help with the white glove search, but I just pull the neck of my shirt up over my face and use it to grip. LOL....Very high tech.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
For those using the facemaster,

I can't remember where, but I read online that people are reporting bag-like pouches under their mouths after starting to use this product. They didn't realize what the cause was until the people started to all talk about it and the one thing in common was the facemaster.

I'm staying a mile away from it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
suldrun wrote:
Thank you Pachouli for the welcome. Yes I'm doing so much better now and I want to look it. Smile I'm still not 100% and I have a few procedures to do for my health that I know will really stress my body and I don't want it to show up on my face anymore.

Toby, I'm glad to hear you do both. Do you do both on the same days or alternate days? I'm excited to learn. I had never heard of the Tuo Viso untill I stated lurking here. How do you feel it compares to facemaster.

Thank you both:)
Sul

Oh thanks also about the weight loss Smile I am on a site that you put in everything you eat and it calculates your calories.

Since this is an Ageless thread, it would be good to keep the focus on Ageless so people only interested in that topic can focus and not be side tracked. But for information on facemaster and Tua Viso check the following threads
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=429392&highlight=facemaster#429392
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31637&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
I will be happy to answer questions on a pm as well. Very Happy
Toby Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

I can't actually help with the white glove search, but I just pull the neck of my shirt up over my face and use it to grip. LOL....Very high tech.

P Girl, this is just a precious "how to".

I know, members will be getting a notice of a topic update but I just couldn't resist.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
P Girl wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

P Girl, this is just a precious "how to".

I know, members will be getting a notice of a topic update but I just couldn't resist.

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

LBC

I don't use cotton gloves (just tissue), but i imagine any beauty supply store would carry them
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

I got mine several years ago through amazon.com-four pair for $15.80. But yes, there were shipping charges. I don't use them for Ageless though, finding that tissues work perfectly well and don't need to be washed. (Lazy, you know...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

LBC

I don't use cotton gloves (just tissue), but i imagine any beauty supply store would carry them

Thanks moongoddess, I should have thought of that myself (I'm having a serious "d'oh" moment!). I've tried tissues and they sort of work for me, but I wanted to up the ante a bit. Although, I'm finding the t-shirt method does work quite well Laughing
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for pointing me to the page with your pictures on it. I don't yet have the lines you mentioned, but I think I'm heading in that direction. Hopefully the Agless exercise will prevent these lines from forming. Is it the exercise involving the upper lips (I think the one called sexy beast?) that helps to lift the corners of mouth up?
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

LBC

Thanks moongoddess, I should have thought of that myself (I'm having a serious "d'oh" moment!). I've tried tissues and they sort of work for me, but I wanted to up the ante a bit. Although, I'm finding the t-shirt method does work quite well Laughing

LOL...You've coined it..."The T-Shirt Method". We should have LouLou add it to her book. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Thanks Bethany for pointing me to the page with your pictures on it. I don't yet have the lines you mentioned, but I think I'm heading in that direction. Hopefully the Agless exercise will prevent these lines from forming. Is it the exercise involving the upper lips (I think the one called sexy beast?) that helps to lift the corners of mouth up?

Bira - I think that exercise is to reduce NL folds. I would say the cheek exercises help to lift the corners of the mouth up.
EllaLady
5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I finally finished reading this whole thread!

I've been doing the facial exercises for a week - and I love them! My upper lip already seems fuller (it had started disappearing - something I hadn't even paid attention to!)

Here's how I do the exercises:

I open up my download on the laptop, I go to LouLou's video, and I turn on my webcam.

I read the description of the exercise I'm doing, then I do a split screen of LouLou's video and my webcam....I play her exercise, pause it, and then try to copy it...if I need to, I replay her exercise again to make sure I got it right.

It really helps me feel confident about my technique.

I can't wait for videos of the "occasional" exercises....I too would pay extra for a proper DVD - I love LouLou's system - she put a lot of thought into it - and she looks gorgeous herself!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I've tried tissues and they sort of work for me, but I wanted to up the ante a bit. Although, I'm finding the t-shirt method does work quite well Laughing

FYI - the cotton gloves are very smooth, so probably wouldn't grip as well as the tissues or the tee shirt. I bet a paper towel would up the ante, if it's not too rough for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
EllaLady wrote:

Here's how I do the exercises:

I open up my download on the laptop, I go to
LouLou's video, and I turn on my webcam.

I read the description of the exercise I'm doing, then I do a split screen of LouLou's video and my webcam....I play her exercise, pause it, and then try to copy it...if I need to, I replay her exercise again to make sure I got it right.

It really helps me feel confident about my technique.

Great idea! Now I want a webcam (and a laptop...) LOL Very Happy
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I've tried tissues and they sort of work for me, but I wanted to up the ante a bit. Although, I'm finding the t-shirt method does work quite well Laughing

FYI - the cotton gloves are very smooth, so probably wouldn't grip as well as the tissues or the tee shirt. I bet a paper towel would up the ante, if it's not too rough for you.

Thanks for the heads up, tessera. I tried before with a microfiber cloth; mine are really soft when they're dry so I didn't think it would be a problem, but I ended up with the equivalent of rug burn on my face Neutral (lol) You're right, paper towels would probably be perfect - I'll give that a try too, for those times when the t-shirt method isn't ideal. (P Girl, maybe Loulou will demonstrate the T-Shirt Method on her next video Very Happy )
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
tessera wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, tessera. I tried before with a microfiber cloth; mine are really soft when they're dry so I didn't think it would be a problem, but I ended up with the equivalent of rug burn on my face Neutral (lol) You're right, paper towels would probably be perfect - I'll give that a try too, for those times when the t-shirt method isn't ideal. (P Girl, maybe Loulou will demonstrate the T-Shirt Method on her next video Very Happy )

Have you tried toilet paper? I use one square per side...they are perfectly shaped and really do help. Save them up, and you can reuse for their intended purpose. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, So to clarify for me, the idea is to pull the skin away from the muscle? Man, that makes me nervous. I'm still a worried about manipulating my face. Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, So to clarify for me, the idea is to pull the skin away from the muscle? Man, that makes me nervous. I'm still a worried about manipulating my face. Thank you!

Ease into it. Maybe try a few exercises that feel less intimidating for a while. I know it goes against everything you have been told and read by the 'experts'.

I pull and pinch as much as I can. It helps bring blood flow and aids in collagen production in addition to the exercising of the muscles.

I no longer use filler in my NL fold area. My eye area has almost no lines at all and my eyes are wide and open looking. My throat and neck area is firmer and smoother and I wasn't even looking for that to happen. It was an added bonus.
I have high cheekbones and what has happened is the cheeks look fuller and less gaunt- hollow underneath which is a nice change I also wasn't expecting.
It's surprising what this does for you. Nothing dramatic but it is cumulative and obvious in it's own way.
Plus I feel like I 'hold' my face better.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

I am afraid that I am with you, Mars Sad . I know that I'm only 2 weeks into this but I haven't noticed any improvement just really bad lines forming around the sides of my mouth. In all fairness, they may have been there before I started the program but I really don't remember them. I guess that this is where taking pictures "before" would have helped. My jowls seem worse but again, I think that they may have been just as bad beforehand only I was perhaps in denial. I am very apprehensive about moving forward with the exercises. I might go back to a different course of less aggressive ones that may take longer to work (that is if they work at all Neutral ). I really am sad about it and wish that I were one of the people from this thread who have had immediate & impressive results.
I'm finding that I am maybe not a risk taker like I thought that I was Crying or Very sad .
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |