Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, So to clarify for me, the idea is to pull the skin away from the muscle? Man, that makes me nervous. I'm still a worried about manipulating my face. Thank you!

I don't think the idea is to pull the skin away from the muscle.

As I understand it, our facial muscles are actually attached to the skin (different from the rest of our muscles), so by grasping the skin and attached muscle, you are providing resistance and increasing the efficiency of the exercise.

Just my opinion, but don't think you should do ANYTHING that worries you - you gotta trust yourself!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, So to clarify for me, the idea is to pull the skin away from the muscle? Man, that makes me nervous. I'm still a worried about manipulating my face. Thank you!

Hi mars.

No, the idea is NOT to pull the skin away from the muscle -- the idea is to work the muscle thru resistance (which entails grapping hold of the muscle-and, obviously, skin). Now, on some of loulou's excercises we grab on to the Muscle and pull away from face and then work the muscle (#6-crush #7-longneck #5-sexybeast)-
but for most others, we're just squeezing the muscle (that's like the weights you'd put on a weightlifting bar for say a bench press) and then engaging the muscle by moving it in the direction loulou specifies (ex. moving the corners of the mouth towards temple) that's rasing the weightbar...and VWELLA resistance training for the face...

for those of you who actually weight train, i'm sure there's a name for that bar, but i can't recall...it's been alooong time..
does that make sense?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Mars wrote:

I am afraid that I am with you, Mars Sad . I know that I'm only 2 weeks into this but I haven't noticed any improvement just really bad lines forming around the sides of my mouth. In all fairness, they may have been there before I started the program but I really don't remember them. I guess that this is where taking pictures "before" would have helped. My jowls seem worse but again, I think that they may have been just as bad beforehand only I was perhaps in denial. I am very apprehensive about moving forward with the exercises. I might go back to a different course of less aggressive ones that may take longer to work (that is if they work at all Neutral ). I really am sad about it and wish that I were one of the people from this thread who have had immediate & impressive results.
I'm finding that I am maybe not a risk taker like I thought that I was Crying or Very sad .

If you are finding that the lines next to your nose are looking worse, it could be a sign that you cheeks are already lifting.

You might also have some inflammation if you are overdoing it (as in doing the exercises more than every other day).

And keep in mind that I did not see results until 4 weeks, and then *poof* it was like they appeared overnight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bira wrote:
Thanks Bethany for pointing me to the page with your pictures on it. I don't yet have the lines you mentioned, but I think I'm heading in that direction. Hopefully the Agless exercise will prevent these lines from forming. Is it the exercise involving the upper lips (I think the one called sexy beast?) that helps to lift the corners of mouth up?

Bira - I think that exercise is to reduce NL folds. I would say the cheek exercises help to lift the corners of the mouth up.

Oh got it! Idea THere are many of those cheek exercises.

For those with long nails, how do you keep your nails from digging into your cheeks?
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!
I'm new to posting in this entire and wonderful forum.
I've been hooked to this Ageless thread since I discovered it after purchasing the download version. By the way it has taken me about seven days to read 'nearly' every page of it... I skipped some... just wanted to know about results!
Very impressed with Bethany's photos of before and after!
Right, getting to the point, I've being doing the exercises for the last ten days... I'm a bit impatient so I've being doing all of the day 1 and day 2 exercises every day, and I've also added every other day the forehead exercises (I've got some nice horizontal lines above each eyebrow for the last fifteen years, since I was about twenty five years old).
Results:
1. More or less on the sixth day my upper eyelids looked a bit weird, (they were needing a lift as my eyeliner has being appearing on my upperlid for the last two years); the weirdiness was that they looked crumpled, old, crushed, crepey, which was not very encouraging,... Sad The weird part is that at the same time it was as if the crumpled look was being pushed upwards, I can't quite explain it, as if it were sagging skin being pulled from above, causing oblicuous sagging areas). In any case, to keep a long story short,... this effect went on for about three days, and then has suddenly vanished and my upper eye lid has more or less lost the droopiness it had!
2.My underlash/undereye area, there have been days when it all seemed far worse. I have some bags, and a few wrinkles that are starting to run down towards the cheek rather than run in an horizontal way... The wrinkles have suddenly gone deeper, but at the same time, they are less in number (I'd counted five fine ones per eye and now I only manage to see three) and they are taking an horizontal line rather than down towards the cheek.
3. My neck, which was starting to have some horizontal lines, has very quickly improved, in fact it seems longer and better defined.
4. I do the forehead exercise every other day, though it is not what Louise recommends! I'm starting to notice my right side horizontal line to diminish,... the two horizontal lines on the left side are just the same.
5. I still haven't found any real cheek improvement, maybe I should have a photograph taken to be able to appreciate these changes!

And, BTW, just one question, am I supposed to pull the flesh away on exercise 5?? Maybe I should just re-read the book, but I hadn't actually focussed on that! In fact I had taken in that the pulling away was important in "Crush" and in the brow exercise, but not in that one,... I've done it wrong the last ten days! Rolling Eyes Good and in between results for the moment in any case!
Sorry for this long post, and sorry for any misspelling as my usual language in writting is spanish.
And thanks for all your marvellous input! This forum has been a great discovery!
I promise I'll try to keep my next postings shorter,... it's just that I'm overwhelmed by the knowledge here! Rolling Eyes
See you, A.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, you are the best "cheerleader" Wink - positive and encouraging. I have never been lucky enough (lol) to have the worse before it gets better stage. Either something works for me or it doesn't (in product anyway). I am hesitatingly (is this a word?) going to continue after hearing that your results began after 4 weeks. I had a redo for my passport photo & am basing my disheartening review on that lovely photo. My logical side tells me that passport pics are notoriously not flattering so I'll concentrate on that fact and continue onward Smile
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

For those with long nails, how do you keep your nails from digging into your cheeks?

I use the sides of my fingers to grip instead of my fingertips. I think many of us do it that way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Well, thanks Embarassed I have really noticed a difference to the face shape through exercising and the general tone of my skin seems to be improving with the BQ and the Dermaroller. I have been using Remergent DNA, covered with SkinActives Rejuvenating Cream in the am and Mitchondrial Boost in the pm. CP x2 twice a week in the am instead of the Remergent. Sunscreen always in the am. For my eyes, I use Dermalastyl.

Radiesse in the trenches...

The higher cheeks seem to make my face look way younger. So here's a great big THANKS OTHERLOULOU!!!! (and thanks again, Bren for posting the pics...)

I'm reading this whole doggone thread and I don't see Antonia's pic. Everyone is raving about it. Please replace it, pretty please!

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
And, BTW, just one question, am I supposed to pull the flesh away on exercise 5?? Maybe I should just re-read the book, but I hadn't actually focussed on that! In fact I had taken in that the pulling away was important in "Crush" and in the brow exercise, but not in that one,... I've done it wrong the last ten days!

Hi ATester Smile

Yes on pulling away for #5. It helps me to reread for the first little bit 'cause i'll often get the ex. stuck in my head the wrong way, i also notice over time i'll gradually shift away from the exact directions -- so i try to refresh every know and then. The book is super interesting and informative as to the musculature, i'm finding my self studying it a lot lately - loulou was generous to give us those pictures and explanations...it's very empowering
well, welcome, and your english is fantastic!
oh
ps - i also do the eyebrow as part of the program, it's an important area for me to watch over
best
m
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hello everyone!
I'm new to posting in this entire and wonderful forum.
I've been hooked to this Ageless thread since I discovered it after purchasing the download version. By the way it has taken me about seven days to read 'nearly' every page of it... I skipped some... just wanted to know about results!
Very impressed with Bethany's photos of before and after!
Right, getting to the point, I've being doing the exercises for the last ten days... I'm a bit impatient so I've being doing all of the day 1 and day 2 exercises every day, and I've also added every other day the forehead exercises (I've got some nice horizontal lines above each eyebrow for the last fifteen years, since I was about twenty five years old).
Results:
1. More or less on the sixth day my upper eyelids looked a bit weird, (they were needing a lift as my eyeliner has being appearing on my upperlid for the last two years); the weirdiness was that they looked crumpled, old, crushed, crepey, which was not very encouraging,... Sad The weird part is that at the same time it was as if the crumpled look was being pushed upwards, I can't quite explain it, as if it were sagging skin being pulled from above, causing oblicuous sagging areas). In any case, to keep a long story short,... this effect went on for about three days, and then has suddenly vanished and my upper eye lid has more or less lost the droopiness it had!
2.My underlash/undereye area, there have been days when it all seemed far worse. I have some bags, and a few wrinkles that are starting to run down towards the cheek rather than run in an horizontal way... The wrinkles have suddenly gone deeper, but at the same time, they are less in number (I'd counted five fine ones per eye and now I only manage to see three) and they are taking an horizontal line rather than down towards the cheek.

Hi ATester,

Regarding the negative things you're seeing at times - what you're describing sounds exactly like the "awkward phase" that many people experience when they first start a facial exercise program.

Remember that splitting the exercises into 2 days is designed to prevent this, so if you continue to have trouble, you might consider taking a break for a few days and then starting back on track by following the routine Loulou provides (i.e. splitting the exercises into a two day routine). Also, if you're not doing the massage, try to add it in if you can. It really makes a big difference Smile
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to stop in and say that this is the most inspiring thread (for me) to date. The percentage of positive results so far is close to perfect. Very encouraging for those of us dealing with menopausal sagging, where the only other successful options are rather intrusive and expensive. As much as I'd like an instant fix, the idea of putting in the effort to exercise regularly feels good to me - it's not any different then with the rest of the body.

I laughed when I googled "facial exercises" and came across "The Complete Beauty Bible" where Ms. Begoun states that ""It turns out that facial exercise is not helpful for worn-out collagen, elastin, or the skin's fat layer because none of that is about the muscles, it's strictly about layers of skin and fat tissue." LaughingLaughingLaughing Hey I've been out of shape and flabby, worked out heavily for 3 mths. and completely changed the shape of my body AND the skin on my body. How ridiculous that statement is...

At any rate, I started yesterday and saying thanks for all the info/feedback here.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm slowly making my way through ths Ageless thread (I'm on page 25), but I just thought of a question that I couldn't wait to ask! Yesterday I took a series of pictures of my face as the "basline" for my new L2K system, and I noticed that my left eye is significantly bigger than my right. I think this is a new thing as I've never observed this before in my older photos. And it is quite disturbing to me right now! Shock
My question is, does the Ageless program work the eyelid muscles? Do any of you think this can regain my facial symmetry? Thank you! I will return to finish reading this mammoth thread! TIA!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi I'm slowly making my way through ths Ageless thread (I'm on page 25), but I just thought of a question that I couldn't wait to ask! Yesterday I took a series of pictures of my face as the "basline" for my new L2K system, and I noticed that my left eye is significantly bigger than my right. I think this is a new thing as I've never observed this before in my older photos. And it is quite disturbing to me right now! Shock
My question is, does the Ageless program work the eyelid muscles? Do any of you think this can regain my facial symmetry? Thank you! I will return to finish reading this mammoth thread! TIA!

Yes, Ageless does work the eyelid/muscles around the eyes, and this might help with the asymmetry.

A program like this can help you by evening out the muscle strength on both sides, but it will also help by making you more aware of the muscles and how you're "holding" your face. You'll be more aware of/in control of the muscle tension, in other words.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fat_swan

yes, there is an ex. for eye muscle and i think it would help symmetry of eyes (you could work one and not the other until they're close to even) IMO sometimes pictures are very telling but sometimes they just distort...do you notice asymmetry other than in pics?
ageless is a great program for the whole face. Maybe you should pop over to loulou's forum for ageless -- the link is posted a couple of pages back, over there you can ask her directly - no doubt she'll have some tips
m
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi moongoddess and lowbrowscientist,
Thank your for such a quick reply! I don't think it's a distortion of the camera because ever since I saw the pictures, I have begun to notice the same thing in the mirror. It just wasn't as obvious! I spent hours trying to figure out whether the smaller eye was due to puffiness or what not.. But after using an cold compress on that one eye, and measuring the photos with a ruler, I've decided that it has nothing to do with bloat or uneven eyebrow muscles. Since I can't think of any other reason, I can only conclude that it must be that my right eyelid is not working as hard as the other one. Which is strange because I am right handed, and I can only wink or raise my right eyebrow. I will definitley need to research this more thoroughly before I run to a plastic surgeon!! Thank you for the advice!

PS, for anyone that has used FE and Ageless, are there more eyelid exercises in FE? Or would that be a waste of money? Thanks again!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
PS, for anyone that has used FE and Ageless, are there more eyelid exercises in FE? Or would that be a waste of money? Thanks again!

Ageless exercises the same ocular muscles as FE, so yes, I think FE would be a waste of your money. Definitely hold off on a plastic surgeon - there's nothing they could do that you can't do on your own with the facial exercises Smile
Newbie28

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, your results are amazing, can you tell us which exercises you focused on to achieve the results. I am new to this board, however I have the same problem similar in severity at only 28!! I have been trying desperately to find a solution that does not involve sticking needles into my face (mesotherapy) and possibly causing more harm than good. These little corner puffs are harder to get rid of than anything!! Sad
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

Hi ATester Smile

Yes on pulling away for #5. It helps me to reread for the first little

Thanks moongoddess, so I've being just holding firmly till now on ex. 5,... just tried pulling, it feels quite different in the sense of feeling the muscles now working! And yes, I've actually reread to get the hang of the exercises and even then I was overlooking the point on this exercise! Must concentrate more when I read!

Lowbrowscientist , thanks for reassuring me, I'm glad to hear it is quite normal to have awkward phases, I'll probably settle to the rhythm Lou says, it's just that I've been on holiday from work so I had the time to do all every day!! Very Happy I actually remember now having read somewhere about awkward phases but didn't really know what it meant! And yes, certainly I find the massages make an enormous difference, that is actually how I stumbled over this exercise programme, because a friend started to massage her face in a somehow rough way from my point of view at that moment... but in a short time her skin just seemed to glow and looked much healthier... so, of course that convinced me and I gave it a try, and then started to investigate in google world!
Very pleased of finding this interesting post!
Ups, I've just discovered there is a "check spelling"!
Hugs, A.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Bethany, you are the best "cheerleader" Wink - positive and encouraging. I have never been lucky enough (lol) to have the worse before it gets better stage. Either something works for me or it doesn't (in product anyway). I am hesitatingly (is this a word?) going to continue after hearing that your results began after 4 weeks. I had a redo for my passport photo & am basing my disheartening review on that lovely photo. My logical side tells me that passport pics are notoriously not flattering so I'll concentrate on that fact and continue onward Smile

I think that is a good choice! Just make sure that you are doing the exercises appropriately, but not doing more than is recommended.

And also be sure to THINK POSITIVELY! Research is showing that you can really influence the outcome of many things....if you don't believe that something is going to work, it usually doesn't. Sad They just backed that up with an accupuncture study recently, and I think the learnings are applicable to LOTS of things in life.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
The web cam idea is utterly brilliant! Just did split screen and really could see my technique.
I use toilet paper sheets. Perfect size an ready to go. I love these exercises and they DO make a difference

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Newbie28 wrote:
bethany, your results are amazing, can you tell us which exercises you focused on to achieve the results. I am new to this board, however I have the same problem similar in severity at only 28!! I have been trying desperately to find a solution that does not involve sticking needles into my face (mesotherapy) and possibly causing more harm than good. These little corner puffs are harder to get rid of than anything!! Sad

Hi there...welcome to EDS! Very Happy

I have just been doing the 10 regular Ageless exercises every other day (at most)...I have not done the alternative exercises more than once in the last 4+ months. Embarassed I do all of the 10 recommended ones, but not more than 3 times a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

After doing Ageless for two months, I am very delighted with the program and this is possibly one of BEST products I've ever spent on my face. Even my mom,who thought I'm absolutely crazy pulling and pinching my face, starts to notice a difference!

The changes that I notice so far:

1. A more lifted and firmer contour

2. the jaw line is more defined

3. partial reduction at the double chin area

4. the upper eye lids are firmer and the hollow under the eyes starts to fill up a bit ( My right eye is always smaller than the left one. I'm so surprised that the exercises seem to balance them out! Shock )

5. A rosier complexion

Thanks all the lovely ladies for sharing your valuable experiences and tips at EDS, and Lou Lou for this amazing facial program! Very Happy

my BEFORE and AFTERS photos:

good-times(DOT)webshots(DOT)com(SLASH)photo(SLASH)2164235400104915742gfQbNv
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moonstone. I would like to see your photos but the link won't work. I tried copy + paste plus manually typing it in. Can you help?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
After reading most of this monstrous thread Very Happy (skipped some pages between 20 - 40 Embarassed ), I finally purchased the book (download) and started with exercises last night (day 1).
I will ask my hubby to take pictures of my face today so I can accurately asses my progress.
My target areas are - NL, ML, and upper eyelids.
We'll see how it goes.
Rubby

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Hi Moonstone. I would like to see your photos but the link won't work. I tried copy + paste plus manually typing it in. Can you help?

I can't make it work either...

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |