Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
LouLou,

I'd never heard about your book before. I a bit curious about your book, my mother works as a massage tp, and a couple of year age she took a course in "face lift without surgery" massage. I still haven't tried the massage, but she once in a vial do a "regular" massage in my face, and often my face are so tense and painful, so I do understand that an impact stiff muscles are at the appearance of the face.

Does your book translate in other languages than English?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your comments on the CRUSH and other exercises. I am glad to know I am not the only one struggling with some of the exercises.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Moonstone and Bethany, both you ladies look beautiful. Thank you for posting your pics, such wonderful testaments to Loulou's brilliance.

Moonstone, you look young in the first pic but you're definitely pulling off a Benjamin Button in the second.Smile
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:
Moonstone and Bethany, both you ladies look beautiful. Thank you for posting your pics, such wonderful testaments to Loulou's brilliance.

Moonstone, you look young in the first pic but you're definitely pulling off a Benjamin Button in the second.Smile

Can I ask on with pages the pictures are? There are 63 pages now.. Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
pleiades wrote:

Can I ask on with pages the pictures are? There are 63 pages now.. Rolling Eyes

Look on page 63 and you will see pics and your answers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
pleiades - you really make my day by saying such motivational words... I also love the amazing photos that you posted at the facial exercise thread... Ageless would probably be a marvelous age-reversing weapon for many of us!

Vanilj - please go back to the previous page (@63)to check out the pics... There's also a link to Loulou's forum where you can post your questions for her directly at the same page.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Moonstone, your results are great! I can really see how your eyes lifted, your jawline tightened, and your cheeks lifted. Even your lower cheek shows a noticeable difference. Good job getting photos that show the same angle so a good comparison can be made!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Another observation and quick question.
As I've been doing the exercise for 4 days now, i am suddenly noticing that the entire right side of my face is significantly weaker than the left side. And, that's the side that has more sagging. Now I know why Rolling Eyes .
Has anybody else noticed that their face is very different from side to side?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

As I've been doing the exercise for 4 days now, i am suddenly noticing that the entire right side of my face is significantly weaker than the left side. And, that's the side that has more sagging. Now I know why Rolling Eyes .

Hi rubby, as far as I understand your right side is weaker and it is also the one with more sagging... Or is it the one that has less sagging?? Wink Never heed! If it helps, I'm finding a peculiar result: My left side is the saggiest (puffier undereye, more crows feet, and even a line that is turning into a wrinkle -perpetual- running from my low middle cheek to the jaw line... not very sure if this latest is due to a bad sleeping position) Yet, AND, just in the last two days it seems as if it is this very saggiest side that has reacted more to the exercise!! I'm finding it a bit odd to see at the moment that it is my right side that doesn't seem to be keeping up. Must say that until today I've being doing the whole lot (day one, day two, all in one and every day, because I have been on holiday from work so I just decided to go full on... now I've finished my holiday and since today I'm following the "real" schedule.)
The only thing I can think of is that I unconsciously (or maybe more conciously than I think) feel that the left side is the saggiest, and so then I seem to be pushing,contracting, and pulling more consciously on that side... Just a thought! In any case, I have come up with this assimetry the last two days... So now I must concentrate on telling my right side to keep up with the rhythm! Cool
So, sorry rubby (after putting up with such a long answer!), YES, I'm definitely finding my face is different from side to side! Surprised HIH!
And also, I am still taking a bit more of the time required because of my hands hurting! I have to rest a bit and then go on!
Hugs, A.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Another observation and quick question.

Hi rubby - at times I have noticed that one side seems to be ahead of the other or one side will be able to work harder, but it seems to switch back and forth for me. I'm thinking it evens out in the end.
buramiko
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I just downloaded the instructions and am very eager to give it a try! Before I start, does anyone know if those pinching and grabbing of flesh would cause a more rapid loss of fat?

The reason I ask is I just had fat injection done on my cheeks and eyelids and I'm worried that the exercises would burn away the fat just like when you exercise other parts of the body. Does anyone notice any face slimming after the facial exercise?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
We've discussed this previously - maybe here or on the "Do you do facial exerciese" thread. The consensus is that the exercises will likely cause more rapid breakdown and loss of injectable fillers. Maybe try doing exercises on only in the area of non-filler.
scoobyoov
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help people. So far I've been doing just NUMBER 6 and I'm seeing some results as well.

My question is, my upper face ( I feel there's still a lot of baby fat) in it while my bottom face is getting a bit more sculpted due to number 6.

What can I do to contour my upper face without making it wider and bigger? I figure maybe number 1 would help?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
scoobyoov wrote:
Thanks for all the help people. So far I've been doing just NUMBER 6 and I'm seeing some results as well.

My question is, my upper face ( I feel there's still a lot of baby fat) in it while my bottom face is getting a bit more sculpted due to number 6.

What can I do to contour my upper face without making it wider and bigger? I figure maybe number 1 would help?

I don't know that any of the exercises would make your upper face wider and bigger. I think you're perhaps overly concerned about that.

My suggestion would be to just do all of the exercises, the way the program describes. Each day's exercises only take around 5 to 10 minutes, so it's very easy to fit into your day. Then in a month or two, if you start seeing a change you don't like, drop that particular exercise and the muscle/area in question will revert to what it is now.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think LouLou said the exercise where you grip along the lines from temple area to mouth area can widen the area higher up (upper cheek/temple). I think I asked her a similar question on her message board, and that was the reply.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
seabliss wrote:
I think LouLou said the exercise where you grip along the lines from temple area to mouth area can widen the area higher up (upper cheek/temple). I think I asked her a similar question on her message board, and that was the reply.

That would be exercises 2 and 3, then.

So, Scoobyoov, avoid exercises 2 & 3 and you'll be fine. Of course, you can always back off any exercise if you see a change that you're not happy with, and the muscle will atrophy back to where it was when you started.

That's both the beauty and the tragedy of exercise Neutral
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
That's both the beauty and the tragedy of exercise Neutral

Ahhh So true! Confused
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

My left side is stubborn. It is weaker and I think muscles are lazy. I have the crease on my left side in nose to mouth area, and the outer cheek area is slimmer that right (not enough chewing muscles). LouLou said that I must favor the other side when I chew, and I think she is so right. I am going to start a personalized plan with LouLou to correct that.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it is the left side that is stronger. My hubby says that when I smile, my lips always pull more and turn upward more on the left side (i never noticed that Shock ).

What I've been doing is adding 5 repetitions to each exercise, and I do those only with the right side of my face. I cover the left side with my left palm to help keep it relaxed (as I really do want to do extra reps only with my right side). We'll see if that does anything.

ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
I cover the left side with my left palm to help keep it relaxed

this is exactly what I was doing during couple of last sessions.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody.
I just want to report an unexpected side-effect: I have in the past five years, more or less, had difficulty in breathing through my nose, it is as if it is clogged up or as if it just simply closes and there is no way I can breathe through it (if I were kidnapped and had my mouth covered I would certainly axfixiate!!!) I've being using nasal sprays during day time (sometimes even two or three times) and sometimes if this is not enough I have to use a nasal strip to keep the nose "open" during my sleep... After medical checkups they see nothing wrong, so there I am trying to breathe through my nose with the nasal spray and the nasal strip at night...
Right, after all this blurb... I've just realised that I haven't needed the nasal spray for the last week and that I've being forgetting to use the nasal strip at night... and have no problem with nose breathing!!!
I can only think that although I can't appreciate any difference yet in this area, my cheek muscles must be getting into place and "pulling" my nostrils open... could that be? Rolling Eyes
I any case, I'm very pleased with this unusual and, for me, helpful side-effect!!
Take care, hugs, A.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
... I've just realised that I haven't needed the nasal spray for the last week and that I've being forgetting to use the nasal strip at night... and have no problem with nose breathing!!!
I can only think that although I can't appreciate any difference yet in this area, my cheek muscles must be getting into place and "pulling" my nostrils open... could that be? Rolling Eyes
I any case, I'm very pleased with this unusual and, for me, helpful side-effect!!
Take care, hugs, A.

Wow, that's great news, Atester! We are certainly giving some of those muscles along the nose a workout, especially with exercise 5, and the "nose wrinkle" exercise (one of the occasional exercises, but I do it as part of my day one routine).
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
ATester, it is definitely a great news!!!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi I've been trying to download LouLou's book from lulu.com, but everytime I try to either download, check "order history", or "my downloads" the page ends up freezing on me-- as in the little Internet Explorer logo at the top of my tab turns into a circle that NEVER STOPS SPINNING, sometimes even overnight!! Shock Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

I don't know what's wrong with my computer: I made sure I'm accepting cookies, and I even tried it on my work computer. The farthest I got (twice) was the credit card info page, but both times when I clicked on the submit button, the page would go blank on me! I don't even know if I've been charged twice! Mad Anxious Has anyone been having similar problems? I've been attempting this 2-3 times every night for the last week and am getting pret-ty darn annoyed!!!!! I have been trying to contact their CS with no replys, so if anyone here can offer any advice I will be perpetually grateful! TIA!!!

On another note, I'm still about 20 pgs short of finishing reading this thread. I do have a quick question: I think I have the start of NL lines, but since I'm rather plump, I suspect what I have is actually a shadow created by my obesely fat cheeks. From what I understand the Ageless program sculps the cheek muscles. So if I work the cheeks even more, plus all the fat I have on top, will my NL fold/shadow become even more prominent? Am I making sense here? Anyways, hopefully Otherloulou can respond and help me with my computer problem as well. Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
Thanks again!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi I've been trying to download LouLou's book from lulu.com, but everytime I try to either download, check "order history", or "my downloads" the page ends up freezing on me-- as in the little Internet Explorer logo at the top of my tab turns into a circle that NEVER STOPS SPINNING, sometimes even overnight!! Shock Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

I don't know what's wrong with my computer: I made sure I'm accepting cookies, and I even tried it on my work computer. The farthest I got (twice) was the credit card info page, but both times when I clicked on the submit button, the page would go blank on me! I don't even know if I've been charged twice! Mad Anxious Has anyone been having similar problems? I've been attempting this 2-3 times every night for the last week and am getting pret-ty darn annoyed!!!!! I have been trying to contact their CS with no replys, so if anyone here can offer any advice I will be perpetually grateful! TIA!!!

On another note, I'm still about 20 pgs short of finishing reading this thread. I do have a quick question: I think I have the start of NL lines, but since I'm rather plump, I suspect what I have is actually a shadow created by my obesely fat cheeks. From what I understand the Ageless program sculps the cheek muscles. So if I work the cheeks even more, plus all the fat I have on top, will my NL fold/shadow become even more prominent? Am I making sense here? Anyways, hopefully Otherloulou can respond and help me with my computer problem as well. Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
Thanks again!

That must be so frustrating to not be able to order the download! Confused

Why don't you register here, at Loulou's board: http://louiseannette.proboards.com/

Tell her what the trouble is, and maybe you can just order directly from her. She can send you the download, and I'm sure she can get the book sent to you as well, if you'd rather have that. You may want to check with your credit card company though and make sure you haven't already been charged from lulu.com.

I don't know if I can shed any light on your question about the n/l lines, but Loulou can address that too, while you're over there.

Good luck, and keep us posted Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |