Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
I have LouLous, Maggios, and Flex Effect. Love them all...but LouLou's is the one I can stick
with and I really like the results...(altho', I've had to lay off the cheek excercises because my youthful chipmunk cheeks I so hated are perking back into place. Confused

OK...stopping the rambling and getting to the point. Very Happy The way LouLou uses taking the muscle
between the fingers and pulling...I was wondering if you could take the bottom furrow exercise from Flex Effect and pull out those furrow muscles while frowning.

I was just wondering, if that would be a good exercise for furrows applying LouLou's principles. Lord knows I don't want those
downers going any further south than they
have already traveled.

Hi Kj68
i've adopted this w/ a couple of deb's excercises (mainly cheek--wink and wink adv. z.major)--i think you could use it for furrow, but i think the point of lou's workout is that she works all the muscles that lift the face (or that are used to smile)and ultimately that will lift everything.... obviously the frowners are used to...well..frown. Still, i'm struggling w/ this as some days my m/l's look great and others (today Shock - i'm like, is that ME) not great. where i've been hit hardest from not doing frowner excercises is my neck -- the thing is, i'm not ready to sacrifice my jaw for my neck just yet....HTH
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
kj68 - try it out and see, its worth experimenting with and I can't see any reason for it not to have a result! Good thinking Very Happy

kj68 wrote:
The way LouLou uses taking the muscle
between the fingers and pulling...I was wondering if you could take the bottom furrow exercise from Flex Effect and pull out those furrow muscles while frowning.

I was just wondering, if that would be a good exercise for furrows applying LouLou's principles. Lord knows I don't want those
downers going any further south than they
have already traveled.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

Just a little caveat...I haven't fully read this thread...I do have some questions...I've never done facial exercise before and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Lulu? I've e-mailed her but received no response. I've purchased the book without speaking to her first. If I can't get in touch with her is there anyone here that can help? Thanks!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi all!

Just a little caveat...I haven't fully read this thread...I do have some questions...I've never done facial exercise before and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Lulu? I've e-mailed her but received no response. I've purchased the book without speaking to her first. If I can't get in touch with her is there anyone here that can help? Thanks!

Try posting your questions on Ageless Web Site:

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi

Good luck! Let me know how that goes.

I have not tried posting there and haven't tried emailing her. I also purchased the book without email her first. What questions do you have? I am not the expert by any means, but I will try my best to help.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi all!

I have not tried posting there and haven't tried emailing her. I also purchased the book without email her first. What questions do you have? I am not the expert by any means, but I will try my best to help.

Thank you for this post and the link! I just looked at the videos and have a better idea on how these exercises are to be done!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Bira wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi all!

Thank you for this post and the link! I just looked at the videos and have a better idea on how these exercises are to be done!

Oh good you found the videos. I looked at them before but I'm too lazy to look at them when I want to exercise. I always just read the instructions off the book.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
bira wrote:

Oh good you found the videos. I looked at them before but I'm too lazy to look at them when I want to exercise. I always just read the instructions off the book.

Yes, I did! Looking at the videos and reading the instructions definately did give me a better idea as to how to work them. Thank You!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:

Yes, I did! Looking at the videos and reading the instructions definately did give me a better idea as to how to work them. Thank You!

You're quite welcome. I just joined the Ageless board and posted a question for LouLou. I have many more questions but I don't want to overwhelm her. I want to see if I will get a response with that question first.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
When I woke up yesterday & looked at the mirror; I told myself :"Oh, My God".

My NL folds was VERY pronounced & got deeper; I'd even feel it with my fingers.

I have been doing Ageless since early March and doing exercise 1-6 + Wish & Lift Eyelids every other day, no other exercises on the other day; just day off.

Neither have I been under stress nor changed skin care products since March.

I have stopped doing this exercise.

The purpose of my post is not to discourage anyone who would like to do/keep on doing Ageless; I just wanted to share my experience with you.

Maybe I have pinched the flesh too hard or grasped the wrong part of my face.

Woes to me...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summer2004, I would suspect your problem is termporary. Take a few days off and sometimes you will see. Maybe you just need a break and then resume again. I've gone through my ugly days and then I see the real results - the good stuff and I know it's working. Honestly I've been reading facial threads for a few years - from all over - and the reports are positive. I can't say I recall every hearing of long-term problems ever. Mostly the short-term tired look or an extra wrinkle that popped up due to the lifting process. But these resolve as the improvements continue.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi summer2004, I remembered that Loulou has mentioned that you may find that stopping the "Crush" exercise will help if your N/L lines become really pronounced. The N/L lines will go away quickly as it is only a temporary imprint with the "crush" exercise....

Just as sistersweets mentioned, taking a few days off which will allow you to assess how you look when the side-effects of the exercises aren't masking your results.

If you decide to do the exercises again, perhaps you can doing "crush" as the occasional exercise rather than doing it every other day.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets & Moonstone,

Thx for your reply!

I will definitely keep you sis posted about my skin & look.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Summer, I have been doing Ageless about once a week, not by designed but time seems to slip by, before I knew it, it would be midnight and arrrghh..

Anyway even with the once a week deal, I still get the deep nose/mouth lines after the exercises.

This week I got really good and actually got the exercises in twice a week as doctor prescribed.

I have not got discouraged with the deeper lines because I read other reports that these are temporary problems. I hope it's true.

Are you going to resume?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
When I woke up yesterday & looked at the mirror; I told myself :"Oh, My God".

My NL folds was VERY pronounced & got deeper; I'd even feel it with my fingers.

I have been doing Ageless since early March and doing exercise 1-6 + Wish & Lift Eyelids every other day, no other exercises on the other day; just day off.

Neither have I been under stress nor changed skin care products since March.

I have stopped doing this exercise.

The purpose of my post is not to discourage anyone who would like to do/keep on doing Ageless; I just wanted to share my experience with you.

Maybe I have pinched the flesh too hard or grasped the wrong part of my face.

Woes to me...

Haha!

No, not "woes" !!
You are just getting a feel for how your face responds! If you back off certain exercises and modify others, (in other words make the program your own) you will see the results you want! It is easily undone! You will go thru stages when you look better/worse. We all do

It took me a while to get a feel for which muscles to initiate to do each exercise. Just do the best you can til you finally know it too.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bira & Fawnie,

I have monitored my NL fold for a few days after stopping doing Ageless.

Relieved finally......the fold has returned to the level before doing the exercises.

I will resume doing Ageless (but not Crush) tomorrow & see how it's going!

In the past few days, I did a search about facial exercises, most comments were positive; some people, like what I commented, did have a period of "looking worse" but it was just temporary!

Sis, thx for all of your concern.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Bira & Fawnie,

Relieved finally......the fold has returned to the level before doing the exercises.

In the past few days, I did a search about facial exercises, most comments were positive; some people, like what I commented, did have a period of "looking worse" but it was just temporary!

I'm glad you did your own research. It sure helps to know you are not alone as you struggle with the 'looking worse' period. And Bravo for you to pick it back up and keep going. I am sure you will start seeing the positive results soon. Sometimes skincare products make us look worse before we look better and this is the same.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Bira & Fawnie,

I'm glad you did your own research. It sure helps to know you are not alone as you struggle with the 'looking worse' period. And Bravo for you to pick it back up and keep going. I am sure you will start seeing the positive results soon. Sometimes skincare products make us look worse before we look better and this is the same.

SS, I think I'm ok with facial exercises making us look worse before better but skincare products I'm not ok with. Any skincare product that makes me look worse I stop it right away. Shock
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I had one of those "worse before better" phases with Green Cream (made my skin break out in cystic pimples). But I got thru it and the GC really made my skin clear and tight and smooth. I used it to prepare for Retin-A Micro, which I now use with good success. So I guess it depends on the product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know when you are grabbing the flesh, do you slightly grab it or squeeze it very tight?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I use the tissue (2 pieces of toilet paper) between my hands and the skin, and I try to grab a good chunk of flesh firmly and pull it away from the face to create the tension. Then when I am doing the exercise, I try to concentrate on the feeling of the muscle, and adjust the strength of my grab/pull to feel the muscle working (you know when you work a muscle on the body you feel this warm, slightly painful, kinda tiring sensation). This way, I really can do only 20-25 repeats at a time because it is intense.

So I think the strength of pulling depends on your muscles. I think if muscles are too week and there is not much tension, it will be better after some time of exercising.

But you definitely have to grab some flesh and pull it away a bit (not just pinch/squeeze the skin).
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard from LouLou recently?
It seems that she hasn't checked in at her board lately, or here either. Just hoping something hasn't happened to her! Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Has anyone heard from LouLou recently?
It seems that she hasn't checked in at her board lately, or here either. Just hoping something hasn't happened to her! Question

Fawnie,
I was just coming home in my car and was wondering the same thing!!! You know, I am concerned too. Here is the situation: I had communications with her back and forth, she was very helpful and supporting with info etc. So I decided to start the program we worked out with her, thus I sent her payment for 1 month private training on April 3d (PayPal showed it's been accepted), but I haven't heard back since. I sent her an email right after, and then a week after, 2 weeks after ... NOTHING! So today I was wondering if she is doing ok (I really do not think she would just not reply for so long to her customer, would she?). On my way home tonight I was thinking to ask on the board, came home and here is your question...

Does anyone hear anything from LouLou after April 3d?
Linda Lou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
LL finally checked in at Ageless yesterday.

She's been having a great deal of trouble with her computer.

Just to reassure...

Linda Very Happy
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just what I was coming to say, too!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's nice to know Lou is accounted for. The dear girl gets no privacy!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |