Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vero
5% products discount

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Vero,

If you mean LouLou's Ageless If You Dare facial exercises, there isn't a cream to go with it as far as I know. It's just an exercise programme, and that's very inexpensive.

Which cream were you thinking of? I wonder whether you mean a different exercise programme?[/quote]

Hi Majorb,
Yes I was talking about Ageless If You Dare, and about a cream named ReVive Eye Renewal Cream, which Moonstone told me about.
I have wrinkles under my eyes, and I was wondering what will make smaller the wrinkles.
Thank You for answer me.
Do You think
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
vero wrote:
Hi, Vero,

If you mean LouLou's Ageless If You Dare facial exercises, there isn't a cream to go with it as far as I know. It's just an exercise programme, and that's very inexpensive.

Which cream were you thinking of? I wonder whether you mean a different exercise programme?

Hi Majorb,
Yes I was talking about Ageless If You Dare, and about a cream named ReVive Eye Renewal Cream, which Moonstone told me about.
I have wrinkles under my eyes, and I was wondering what will make smaller the wrinkles.
Thank You for answer me.
Do You think[/quote]

I have the same problem with undereye wrinkles and haven't found a solution, I'm afraid. Some people seem to have had success with the Ageless for this - which I have bought and will start trying soon. If you can't afford the ReVive Cream (which is indeed very expensive!), why not try the Ageless programme on its own first?

As you're only 27, could your lines be due to lack of hydration? Maybe you could try a good moisturising cream there before deciding whether you need to go for a more expensive option?

The problem is that what works for one person may not work for someone else as everyone's skin is different. I'd definitely recommend asking for a sample of whichever cream you want to try, so you can find out whether it suits your skin before paying lots of money for seomthing (it usually takes a while - at least 3 months - to see whether it will have an effect on lines, etc, but at least you'll know whether your skin is happy with it and not sensitive to it).

Hope that helps a little.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
hi vero, I think majorb has given you some really sound advice. You can probably try Ageless to see if it delivers desirable results for you. (For me, it took about 2 months to see some noticeably effects at my eyes. )

And you can probably consider investing in a less expensive eye cream, as a good eye cream can rejuvenate the delicate areas of the eyes and prevent further problems from coming up in the long term!
Nitika
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
It's so funny but now that I am doing Ageless, I always look at people and try to guess who does facial exercises. Judge Sonia Sotomayor has definitely not been doing them. Can someone send her LouLou's book?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Nitika wrote:
It's so funny but now that I am doing Ageless, I always look at people and try to guess who does facial exercises. Judge Sonia Sotomayor has definitely not been doing them. Can someone send her LouLou's book?

LOL we women are brutal. Here is a woman who has risen to the heights of power and yet we are critiquing her face!!! Don't get me started on Hilary Clinton's eye bags!!!!
Bad Grin Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

5% products discount

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I know. We can be mean. But it's fun to imagine how someone could have looked better if..... Wink
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Could you please recommend which programme would be best for me to develop my jaw muscles? I have a very narrow face and been losing bone due to osteoporosis? I also have double chin, I am 46. I have Carole and Ageless programmes but I don´t know if there is something else better available out there which target those specific problems.

I am starting to like Ageless, the video is easy to follow. We´ll see what happens.

Thank you for reading.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
Could you please recommend which programme would be best for me to develop my jaw muscles? I have a very narrow face and been losing bone due to osteoporosis? I also have double chin, I am 46. I have Carole and Ageless programmes but I don´t know if there is something else better available out there which target those specific problems.

I am starting to like Ageless, the video is easy to follow. We´ll see what happens.

Thank you for reading.

Welcome Margarett - I think you have it covered with the 2 programs. I have both and like both but honestly only do Ageless on a regular basis. I remember that Carole's program has quite a few exercises focusing on the neck and jaw. I don't think you need anything else - just keep at those 2 and remember the results are not overnight but they do come. Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Thank you for reading.

I'm new at this. too, but I think those who are experienced will recommend Flex Effect because it is purported to help the jaw area. I have both Ageless and Flex Effect and do mostly Ageless because I want my cheek muscles to raise my face without thickening my jaw.

And welcome to the forum! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Margarett - Welcome to the forum. I also suggest you massage the skin vigorously in the jaw area - including pressing on the bone to stimulate it.

Be aware that some of the jaw-related exercises from FE may cause irritation or aggravation of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) - this is important primarily if you already have an existing TMJ disorder and/or start to feel some TMJ discomfort upon doing the exercises. I am cautionary about doing these. Claudia from FE told me her mother's TMJ (Deb - the owner) is stronger from doing these so there you go.
Other than that I do both Ageless and most (not TMJ-related) of the FE exercises and really love them!!! FE has some great cheek, lip and eye exercises - really do the trick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

Thank you for reading.

Hi Margarett, I have both of the programs but now I'm using mainly Ageless at the moment.

From my experience, the neck exercise from Ageless in combination with the classic kiss-the-ceiling exercise do wonders for my chin and jaw. My double chin has been significantly reduced and my jawlines are more defined after doing those for six months. Just be patient and I'm sure you will be thrilled with the outcome in the end.

BTW, I remember someone mentioned that "Scoop" from CM is also an effective exercise to firm the jaw. Perhaps you can consider to add it into your routine. HTH
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
SisterSweets gives an excellent warning. The joints in a Jaw are NOT meant to hurt. Some of the FE exercises can irritate the Joint if there is any issue. (modification would be necessary) A person should not work beyond their natural range of motion, OR if there is ANY, pain, or discomfort. It's true, we have have people that state their TMJ has improved with the exercises. And easily just as many that don't do them, for fear or discomfort. It's truly where you MUST be self aware! There would be some simple ways to modify these exercises.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the warming welcome and advice. I will get the FE programme too as I´ve read here it does miracles in that area for persons like me.

thx again
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think chewing gum will develop your jaw muscles.There is a girl I work with who always chews gum and her jaws show it.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I have been wondering if chewing gum would build the jaw. There is an exercise in FE that is called teeth clencher and it works the same muscle although the FE calls for resistance in that area with the butt of your palms.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I think chewing gum will develop your jaw muscles.There is a girl I work with who always chews gum and her jaws show it.

good observation, I also notice that some people who blow trumpet have a fuller face... for the past couple of weeks, I've been experimenting an exercise/massage based on this idea. I simply puff out my cheeks and purse my lips as tight as possible. Then I just tap my face for a few minutes. It seems to fill out my lower cheeks a bit! Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I never chew gum because I dont want to develop my jaw, I already have a squarish jaw,which I dont like. A lot of asians get botox in the jawline to soften the shape, sometimes permanently....it can make a square jaw look more like a more desireable oval shape...pretty amazing!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, that's an excellent example of atrophying a muscle. I would imagine using the botox on the jaw while there is no skin sag would allow a person to achieve a thinner looking more oval jaw, without suddenly aging to to loss in skin elasticity. I wonder what the long term effect on appearance is? Meaning with the loss of elasticity/collagen etc is lost...

Do you see woman with sagging jowls do the same procedure? Or does it tend to be younger women?

Very interesting!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi
is lulu.com the only website to buy the book?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Lucyluc, that's an excellent example of atrophying a muscle. I would imagine using the botox on the jaw while there is no skin sag would allow a person to achieve a thinner looking more oval jaw, without suddenly aging to to loss in skin elasticity. I wonder what the long term effect on appearance is? Meaning with the loss of elasticity/collagen etc is lost...

Do you see woman with sagging jowls do the same procedure? Or does it tend to be younger women?

Very interesting!

Good point about the atrophy of the muscle changing the shape - .....in the short term anyway.

what happens long term when the lower face starts to lose elasticity? That nice oval isn't going to stay, as in any aging circumstance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
all of the asian women I have seen who have had it were young women, not older women.I wonder if facial exercises would keep it from sagging if you got botox in the jaw?Whats amazing about botox too is that it can make your pores much smaller,there is a dr in NY who specializes in the procedure...it paralyzes the tiny muscles that control pore size and makes them appear smaller.I have noticed when I had it in my forehead it did look poreless....
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hi
is lulu.com the only website to buy the book?

yes, and it takes only a few minutes to download the e-book after the purchase. quick and easy!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I have bought it and have started doing the exercises. Im glad they are simple.
Is flex effect much more complicated? The price is quite a turn off. How does ageless compare to flex effect?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Thanks. I have bought it and have started doing the exercises. Im glad they are simple.
Is flex effect much more complicated? The price is quite a turn off. How does ageless compare to flex effect?

here is the link to the discussion of ageless and Flexeffect

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32485

and the link about everyone's experiences with many different face programs
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=33970

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Ageless before purchasing FE but I have not picked up Ageless since starting FE. I feel more of a contraction when I do FE. I am going to incorporate Ageless cheek exercises back into my routine just to break things up.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |