Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Ah thanks SeanySean! Yep, I have those too but not so prominent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Tonia - SERIOUSLY? I saw that thread before and I figured all those vitamins would be excellent for the skin, but I didn't know they'd banish wrinkle onset too!!! Wow. I really have to go through that thread now! How often do you drink your smoothie?

Tonia wrote:
Hi Maiea! I had those too and green smoothies made them disappear within about two weeks. Green smoothies took care of that problem for Toby too. I'm not sure why, but it worked. They taste great too.

My favorite recipe is losely fill the blender 3/4 full with spinach, toss in one chopped apple, about a tablespoon of lemon juice, and one cup of water. It's also good with a packet of stevia to sweeten it a bit more. Add water as needed for smooth blending. Blend until you don't see any little chunks of spinach.

Here is the thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35013
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, seriously! It didn't get rid of wrinkles, so to speak. What it did get rid of was those buccolabial lines that you mentioned. I didn't know what to call them so I've been calling them jowels. I originally tried the green smoothies because Toby said that they made her jowels go away. I tried it and it did the same for me. At first, I was drinking them every day. Now, I only drink them about every other day. The other cool thing about the green smoothies is that they kill your cravings for junk food. Some people "accidentally" lose weight while they are drinking them. That's not a bad side effect if you ask me. A lot of people say it makes their skin glow. For me, the biggest improvement was the BL's

Best of luck. I hope it works for you. Be sure to let us know your results.

maiea wrote:
Tonia - SERIOUSLY? I saw that thread before and I figured all those vitamins would be excellent for the skin, but I didn't know they'd banish wrinkle onset too!!! Wow. I really have to go through that thread now! How often do you drink your smoothie?

Tonia wrote:
Hi Maiea! I had those too and green smoothies made them disappear within about two weeks. Green smoothies took care of that problem for Toby too. I'm not sure why, but it worked. They taste great too.

My favorite recipe is losely fill the blender 3/4 full with spinach, toss in one chopped apple, about a tablespoon of lemon juice, and one cup of water. It's also good with a packet of stevia to sweeten it a bit more. Add water as needed for smooth blending. Blend until you don't see any little chunks of spinach.

Here is the thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35013

5% products discount

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Many of you may know that my progress has been somewhat slow in some areas. I have to admit I'm not able to keep up with intensive exercising, I"m more slow and steady.
However a few days ago I noticed a distinct difference in my right eye which I thought I'd wait to mention in case it was temporary. But it's still there and my husband agreed. My right eye has turned up into an almond shape taking the brow up with it. I can't remember ever having such a tilt at the corner of my eye before, it's very pretty. I know if one has gone up the other will follow.

This is different to the other changes I've seen which are more overall improvement. I know my cheeks are much more defined now and when I grasp the muscle it's really quite difficult to trap in a small bunch so my grip has widened to accomodate that.

I'm so excited by this I wanted to get on here and spread the word, of 'don't give up' even when progress appears to be slow, just keep on keeping on and magical things start to happen.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing Ageless for a few weeks and have a question about gauntness (probably been discussed already, sorry for repeating this).

I noticed the lower part of my face is a bit gaunt, basically lower cheek towards my ear. I tried reading up and I *think* I should cut out exercise #6, is that right?

Basically need to make my face fuller near the outer lower parts and also my chin seems more bony too.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
hello,
i have read that you try to get pregnant... not sure if I understand good, that it is hard for you to have a child... but anyway I've read on a foreign forum that there are some natural methods (tea to drink, etc) and it will help persons with this issue. if you are interested let me know and i will send you the page translated
WhiteWolf wrote:
otherloulou & Hermosa -- I'm so glad for this forum because it's my new home. If I get pregnant again (turning 42 but we are still trying), I won't ever post about it on a birth board. Heck, I rather be here helping to find great products for stretch marks, hehe. Smile

Quick question, what are the wrinkles that are called the "11's"?

I have one wrinkle smack center of my forehead and another one that goes from my nose towards cheek area. Along with under my eyes (one eye alone has 3 wrinkles like they cascade). I think my eyes are the worse though, makes me look older I think.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
i have a long face, 6"2 160 pounds and i like everything about it expect my gaunt cheeks. i have like an oval face with a square chin and i feel like im the only person that has a big oris orbicularis muscule if you will. Although, i have skinny cheeks and in some shades of light i could see like my oris orbicularis muscule connected with my chin making it look really weird. i have thin cheeks and inbetween my cheekbone and my mouth is very thin also. I didnt always have it this bad but since swimming started for me i noticed it more and more and i want my cheeks to be fuller. Ive looked up many exercises and only found things to make my cheeks thinner. One exercise said to smile more but i am afraid because smiling is the oris orbicularis muscule and i might only be hurting my cause. I know that i had a fuller face in the summer but i feel like it could be stress, losing weight, or smiling that is my problem now. I know and tested if i had more fat and/or muscule in my Buccinator muscule and zygomaticus minor muscule i would be happy. Honestly, im not asking for alot of fullness, just enough to be less noticeable. Are there any facial exercises for this? I would truely appericiate it if you could help me
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Dear 019,

Actually, smiling isn't the orbicularis oris muscle... the orb. oris moves the muscle in the opposite direction, ie it puckers and purses the mouth, whereas the 'smiling' exercises pull the mouth outwards towards the perimeter of the face in a smile.

It's been my experience that facial ageing is overwhelmingly due to the flesh falling downward/inward, so the Ageless exercises are very much concerned with pulling the flesh upward/outward, and Ageless has no exercise for the orbicularis oris,as I feel this is counterproductive for lifting and smoothing out the face. Facial gadgets, like the facial flex etc, encourage you to work your mouth muscles, but I have always preferred not to.

The muscle that thickens the cheeks is the buccinator, and you may find that working hard on this muscle will eventually cause it to fill out. However, I've found that developing/strengthening the muscles of the upper cheeks, the l labii and 2 zygomaticuses gives the appearance of fullnesss, because the additional strength and tone in these muscles it natural make to hold your face in a semi-smile. Once again, this is developing the muscles that pull in the opposite direction to the orb. oris.

I should also say that your face won't seem anything but fine and lovely to other people. Once a person starts to examine their face closely, they will be far less kind to themselves than other people are. So try not to look at yourself too much. Even if you don't believe it much, still tell yourself often that you're beautiful, and prepare to be amazed by how many people fall for it!

LL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Vero, thanks for the response. I'm actually taking quite a bit herbal teas, Chinese herbs, and drinking stuff like Green Magma and tons of vitamins. I have lost a bit of weight this past year, so I bet that's making my face look thinner plus I have to remind myself I'm not 16 anymore, haha.

OtherLouLou, that makes a lot of sense.. about "pulling the flesh upward/outward". Thanks for posting! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:31 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Vero, thanks for the response. I'm actually taking quite a bit herbal teas, Chinese herbs, and drinking stuff like Green Magma and tons of vitamins. I have lost a bit of weight this past year, so I bet that's making my face look thinner plus I have to remind myself I'm not 16 anymore, haha.

OtherLouLou, that makes a lot of sense.. about "pulling the flesh upward/outward". Thanks for posting! Smile

Dear White Wolf,

I'm sorry for not answering your question directly... I didn't spot it for some reason. If you have gauntness in your cheeks, this will be because exercising the buccinator (you're right, this is exercise 6, 'Crush')causes it to pull inwards and hug the teeth. You won't have lost any fat there, and the cheek is almost certainly thicker than it was before you started exercising, it's just that the muscle looks like this when it's contracted, and of course, each time you exercise it, it contracts!

You might prefer to cut back on/ leave out #6 for a few weeks, or exercise it only occasionally so that it has plenty of time to ease out of the 'sucked in' position and loosen up again. It's always a delicate balance when exercising the bucs... you need to exercise enough to thicken and strengthen the muscle, but you need a long rest in order to allow the muscle to go back to its resting state.

Some people like to 'brave it out' and build a lot of muscle before they rest and see the results. I tend to prefer a slower approach, taking plenty of time off between sessions, and sometimes taking a longer rest of a few weeks, so that the face looks as good as possible throughout the process of lifting and conditioning, because I think it's important to love how your face looks now.

Still wishing you all the very best with your baby project.

LL xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Aaahhh, gotcha LouLou, thanks for the response! Smile I only just started Ageless and so far I find it easy but have been going slow with it. But now, I'm going to make more time in the week because I really want to make changes happen before my 42nd b-day this spring. Smile

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Dear 019,

Actually, smiling isn't the orbicularis oris muscle... the orb. oris moves the muscle in the opposite direction, ie it puckers and purses the mouth, whereas the 'smiling' exercises pull the mouth outwards towards the perimeter of the face in a smile.

It's been my experience that facial ageing is overwhelmingly due to the flesh falling downward/inward, so the Ageless exercises are very much concerned with pulling the flesh upward/outward, and Ageless has no exercise for the orbicularis oris,as I feel this is counterproductive for lifting and smoothing out the face. Facial gadgets, like the facial flex etc, encourage you to work your mouth muscles, but I have always preferred not to.

The muscle that thickens the cheeks is the buccinator, and you may find that working hard on this muscle will eventually cause it to fill out. However, I've found that developing/strengthening the muscles of the upper cheeks, the l labii and 2 zygomaticuses gives the appearance of fullnesss, because the additional strength and tone in these muscles it natural make to hold your face in a semi-smile. Once again, this is developing the muscles that pull in the opposite direction to the orb. oris.

I should also say that your face won't seem anything but fine and lovely to other people. Once a person starts to examine their face closely, they will be far less kind to themselves than other people are. So try not to look at yourself too much. Even if you don't believe it much, still tell yourself often that you're beautiful, and prepare to be amazed by how many people fall for it!

LL

thanks alot you really helped me..but what exercises would help me with those muscules?
Maread

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I would like to order the Ageless DVD from the website. Does anyone know whether it is playable on European DVD players?

Thanks
milky

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
The muscle that thickens the cheeks is the buccinator, and you may find that working hard on this muscle will eventually cause it to fill out.

Hi LouLou! The "crush" exercise, which works the buccinator, is the one for giving the cheeks a slimmer appearance, right? But as per your statement above, if I do the "crush" exercise hard and often enough, it will eventually have the opposite effect, i.e. fill out the cheeks?

How hard and how often should one do the "crush" exercise just so to maintain the slimmer-face appearance? I'm after a slimmer face since I have a wide face with chubby cheeks, so I don't want to overdo "crush" and eventually achieve the opposite effect, i.e. wider cheeks. Thanks so much!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes the Ageless if you dare DVD does work on European players, LouLou is based in the UK.

I have her book & DVD, also prior to this I downloaded her book & watched the original silent youtube video of how to do her exercises. The DVD explains the moves very well.

Hope this helps

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
so excited- just ordered the book and dvd.Was thinking I would have to order from the US and wait ages until I saw from the last posts in this thread saying Loulou is UK based like me! Can't wait to get started. Will I be ok if I work mainly from the DVD or do I need to study the book inside out also?
I had not so great experience with a FlexAway which I used for about 9 months(I imagine that's like cheating in facial exercise-and i think it was giving me a frog pouch under my chin Laughing though I can't be certain..)
I am hoping this will be a more comprehensive approach for me.I love the fact it is less time as I am not the most patient person in the world plus I have to add it to the regime of STOP and AALS and dermarolling Laughing
All I have to say is thank god for this site and all you brilliant people on it sharing all your advice and experience Exclamation

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
The raves for Ageless seem to have died away somewhat, and her forum is pretty quiet.

I'm experimenting really, I've been doing Ageless day 1 one day and day 2 and occasionals the next for over a month now. At the very least I'm seeing it as a way to get me into the routine of facial exercise. Cool

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
The raves for Ageless seem to have died away somewhat, and her forum is pretty quiet.

I'm experimenting really, I've been doing Ageless day 1 one day and day 2 and occasionals the next for over a month now. At the very least I'm seeing it as a way to get me into the routine of facial exercise. Cool

oh gosh-don't tell me that after I just ordered it Laughing
the post before mine was only a month ago so I think people are still feeling good about it Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound as me dismissing the programme, just that it is quiet lately. I have both the book and the DVD too, but Lou herself says you don't have to be that exact with finger placement, so you'll be fine.

I can't really speak of any progress as I'm not wrinkly/saggy, it's more skin texture and loss of volume for me. 1+ month in is very early days for facial exercise, it's a long haul sort of thing.

Compared to the crazy prices of other exercise programmes, it's a bargain.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I started with Ageless it worked well at first for me however, I needed more help than just for my cheeks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Wow - as I thought Ageless focused on the cheeks so its interesting to hear that you feel you need more for the cheeks. Have you experimented with reps etc? I remember Lou saying something to someone on her forum a little while ago about the cheeks. Didn't pay full attention though?
skincarefreak wrote:
I started with Ageless it worked well at first for me however, I needed more help than just for my cheeks.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound as me dismissing the programme, just that it is quiet lately. I have both the book and the DVD too, but Lou herself says you don't have to be that exact with finger placement, so you'll be fine.

I can't really speak of any progress as I'm not wrinkly/saggy, it's more skin texture and loss of volume for me. 1+ month in is very early days for facial exercise, it's a long haul sort of thing.

Compared to the crazy prices of other exercise programmes, it's a bargain.

no worries ;)and thanks for the feedback. I gather it works differently for different people depeding on their core concerns.For me I would be doing it more for lifting/jowls. I have the AALS and STOP also to help with the texture and volume..
anyhoo we shall see... Cool

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
ljk - yep I noticed that too about the forum, and she hasn't been there for a while, but I know she has a big family she kind of looks after (kiddies and all) so I suspect that she's been pulled awway from doing the forum as much as she'd like, and also I think its that time of year when people are naturally busy so maybe thats why there's less traffic. It definitely is a good route though into exercises for sure.

Pollyanna don't worry, just because there's no traffic doesn't mean the system doesn't work.

Its definitely a bargain for sure at that price, but I know that many of us who do it, supplement other programs with it (as you kind of get a hunger for them after a while you start seeing results and so start exploring). Plus Facercise and Flexeffect also came out with newer packs containing new exercises etc and so I think a lot of people just went on to those.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Wow - as I thought Ageless focused on the cheeks so its interesting to hear that you feel you need more for the cheeks. Have you experimented with reps etc? I remember Lou saying something to someone on her forum a little while ago about the cheeks. Didn't pay full attention though?
skincarefreak wrote:

My cheeks were good, but it didn't help with my forehead and slight sagging of my jowls. In addition, I didn't like the pulling of the upper eyelid.

I haven't participated on the forum so, it couldn't be me.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
LOL wasn't suggesting it was you - was suggesting it as a place to look for info to help.

I know what you mean though re the rest of your face. I think many of us found that. I have to add to my routine, and am loving the latest edition of FlexEffect for that... its working a treat.

skincarefreak wrote:

My cheeks were good, but it didn't help with my forehead and slight sagging of my jowls. In addition, I didn't like the pulling of the upper eyelid.

I haven't participated on the forum so, it couldn't be me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |