Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't share my photos online any longer after I had a bad experience with someone who became an internet stalker and besides which after seeing how people who do post them get teared apart its like why would anyone. However Claudia and Cm and Toby may do.
HippoMe wrote:
Jaana, I mentioned Sandooch's lip exercise in the other thread. I love it!

I agree EDS's search facility is a bit cumbersome and I also agree about the photos. I would love to see Toby's photos and cm5597's and TheresaMary's and even Claudia's.
BLONDEdotcom

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:17 am      Reply with quote
It seems many are familiar with several programs... I'd like recommendations for the program with the best under eye exercise. Mainly I want to fill in that area - so I guess build it up is the proper term that I'm looking for.

I have had a lot of improvement with various exercises but I want more.

I'd also be interested in knowning exactly which exercises LouLou does and how often... we're the same age and I'd love my undereye area to look as good as hers!!!
Jaana
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Blonde, I've got wonderful results with Carolyn's Facial Fitness. Unfortunately the exercises that fixed my eyes are not in the basic exercise set. If I understood right, there will be some new product that contains them, hopefully soon!

Oh! I run out of posts! Seems I can post only 5 per day...

Ladies, how am I supposed to do the exercises with long nails? Especially the eye exercises! Is the only option to cut my nails?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
If you have a look at Sandooch's thread, posted here - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46471&highlight=one+year - she describes an additional lip exercise of her own invention - lip-pushups. Here is her explanation of what she did in that thread:

sandooch wrote:

Along with the one exercise in Ageless for the upper lip, I also did the extra lip exercise at the end, but for the upper and lower lip at the same time, not on just the lower lip like LouLou demonstrates in her dvd.

Plus, I do what I call Lip Pushups. Laughing What I do is put my hands, palms facing down, one on top of the other on a table in front of me. Then I rest my lips against them (completely relax my head with my lips pressed up against the back of my top hand). Then I start the lip pushups by kissing the back of my hand hard. Hold the kiss for a couple seconds and release. Repeat for a total of 20 slow reps, then do 20 more quickly. Your lips should be tingling/burning when your done. I don't know if any other facial workout does this, but I just thought it up one day to get an additional resistance exercise for the lips. Even though my lips have always been full, I did notice they were starting to get a bit thinner last year.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you for posing that link - her photos are fabulous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I know - doesn't she look fabulous? She's the one who inspired me to start doing Ageless. I am forever grateful to her for posting her photos.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Jaana wrote:
Ladies, how am I supposed to do the exercises with long nails? Especially the eye exercises! Is the only option to cut my nails?

I also have long nails and either use a modified grip using my thumb and side of my index finger (which allows me to pinch more skin) or I use some thin mittens I have and use the correct form.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Ageless e-book 3 weeks ago after reading this entire thread. I had no problems with the purchasing and download process what so ever.

I'm in my early 30's and things are objectively still rather OK. I recently quit smoking and have been a bit stressed, and because of this (and some pigmentation issue) I have felt that I looked a bit older than my actual age.
Hence my original goal with the program was prevention and perhaps a bit of tightening.

For the last 3 weeks I have been doing the exercises 3-4 times a week and do feel that I have a more refreshed look.
Also I have apparently already sorted one area of concern, which was a bit of sag in the skin under the brow.

Now I'm getting greedy Cool and am hoping to also better the beginning of forehead lines, 11's and horizontal lines at the top of my nose (guess I tend to scrunch up my face?!).

I do realise that my fast result with the eyelids is not the norm and that further results may take several months. I'll keep on doing the program consistently.

Thank you LouLou for a great program
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I had longer nails on my left hand than on my right, and it was causing my grip to be uneven, so I just cut them all off. Fingernails, who needs them? LOL

CPHGirl, I wish I had found Ageless when I was in my 30s. Keep on doing the exercises faithfully and you'll never be sorry!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jaana wrote:
Blonde, I've got wonderful results with Carolyn's Facial Fitness. Unfortunately the exercises that fixed my eyes are not in the basic exercise set. If I understood right, there will be some new product that contains them, hopefully soon!

How did you learn those particular exercises if they're not currently available... did you do a private consultation?
sally565
5% products discount

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys

So I ordered the 30 days program- I was just wondering what is the benefit of the smile wheel? I like doing that exercise but it does not state in the book what this actually does for the face?

I want to carry on doing it but I am afraid it will slim my face down...also are we meant to do it everyday?
pinkiebrie@yahoo.com
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
hi, i think anyone who starts the Ageless program in their 30's is very wise. i'm 65 and into the 3rd week. one thing that was really bugging me was my lower eyelids(the pink rim) was sagging down and when i put eyeliner on it looked funny and it was hard to put on. well the rim is back up where it belongs, no longer sags and i can easily line the upper and lower eye. my upper eyelids are much much less hooded and the eyebrows are up higher. i am just thrilled.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've finally started the exercises, and the perfectionist in me, as expected, is getting frustrated already. No, I do not expect to see results so fast... but, I can't tell if I'm doing the exercises right!
For example, day one exercises are so similar for me... I guess my levator labii, zygomaticus minor and major are so out of shape that I cannot make the expressions (without resistance) properly... Especially the levator labii! I cannot lift the corners of my mouth straight up without going outward or scrunching my nose, or pressing my lips together... Ugh Sad
So, you can imagine that when I do apply resistance I get even more frustrated because it's even more difficult for me to make the proper expressions, and my fingers slip, I don't know if my grip is correct, etc...

I know I have to keep practicing, but this is very discouraging Sad Has anyone else experienced such issues in the beginning?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Congratulations Pinkiebrie! After only 3 weeks!!!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
I've finally started the exercises, and the perfectionist in me, as expected, is getting frustrated already. No, I do not expect to see results so fast... but, I can't tell if I'm doing the exercises right!
For example, day one exercises are so similar for me... I guess my levator labii, zygomaticus minor and major are so out of shape that I cannot make the expressions (without resistance) properly... Especially the levator labii! I cannot lift the corners of my mouth straight up without going outward or scrunching my nose, or pressing my lips together... Ugh Sad
So, you can imagine that when I do apply resistance I get even more frustrated because it's even more difficult for me to make the proper expressions, and my fingers slip, I don't know if my grip is correct, etc...

I know I have to keep practicing, but this is very discouraging Sad Has anyone else experienced such issues in the beginning?

YES - especially the Crush. But I found it got easier if I did not look in a mirror while doing the exercises.

With #1 and #2, they do seem exactly alike. Just remember that the first, you're lifting the corners of your mouth toward the center of your eye, and the second, you're lifting the corners of your mouth to the temple.

It may not feel as if you're doing them right at first, but keep at it. Just attempting the movements works the muscle, and makes it stronger, and you become more in control of it.

Keep at it - in a couple of weeks you'll get the hang of it! If you have LouLou's video, it's very helpful.

I use little dollar store cotton gloves during my workout - keeps my fingers from slipping. You could also just use a square of tissue to grip, but I like the white cotton gloves - I use them for hand beauty treatments too! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 am      Reply with quote
If you have difficulty finding the right 'direction' for the corners of your mouth and which muscles to use for it, maybe it can help to put your fingers very lightly on the corners of your mouth and slightly push them in the right direction. Go with the movement and try to feel which muscle in your cheek you are using. Saying the phrase that comes with the exercise also helps - the DEEE in 'delighted to see you' combined with fingertips to stimulate the movement helped me to find the muscle.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I had longer nails on my left hand than on my right, and it was causing my grip to be uneven, so I just cut them all off. Fingernails, who needs them? LOL

CPHGirl, I wish I had found Ageless when I was in my 30s. Keep on doing the exercises faithfully and you'll never be sorry!

Luckily I normally keep my nails shortish or else I'll hit the wrong keys on the keyboard Very Happy

And thank you so much for the encouragement. That'll help me to keep it up.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I messed around all day yesterday, and didn't do my routine, I completely forgot about it. I stayed up late watching TV and went to bed about 2:30 a.m. At 3:00 a.m., my eyes pop open and I realize I've forgotten - and got right up and did my routine! LOL - I can't afford to waste another minute not caring for my face!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I messed around all day yesterday, and didn't do my routine, I completely forgot about it. I stayed up late watching TV and went to bed about 2:30 a.m. At 3:00 a.m., my eyes pop open and I realize I've forgotten - and got right up and did my routine! LOL - I can't afford to waste another minute not caring for my face!

That's dedication! Very Happy

Isn't it great that Ageless only takes 5 minutes. Makes it so easy to do, anytime, anywhere, even at 3:00 in the morning, LOL. Gotta love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata and Lotusesther - thank you for your encouragement. I'll keep at it.
Great suggestion on the gloves.
I haven't been saying the mottos... I didn't realize they are supposed to help with the correct muscle engagement... I thought they were mostly for mindset.
By the day, if Day 1 exercises should be performed every other day, how about Day 2? The book is not clear...
I do have the full Ageless program - book, DVD, hotspots, 30 days.
Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
On day 1, do day 1 Next day, do the day 2 exercises. And then, day 1 again,et cetera.
The 30 day programme gives a day to day schedule so it's very clear which exercises you are supposed to do.
After doing the 30 days programme, Loulou recommends to do the exercises 2x a week to keep up results.

I am now on day 28 of the 30 day programme, after that it's maintenance - 4 times a week 5 minutes time. Incredible!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I started the exercises doing Day 1, Day 2, but then started doing a full routine, both days, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I add the occasional exercises on Friday, so I'm doing them once a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I started saying the mottos... but for Day 1 exercise 1 and 2, the motto is the same! So it doesn't help me identify which muscle to use. I still have trouble moving my lips upwards toward the eyes. I feel like both exercise 1 and 2 are the same in my case Sad
Next I will try moving the muscles with my fingers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
OK, try this: when you grab your chunk of flesh for #1, grab it underneath your pupil. When you grab for #2, move your fingers back 1/2 inch or an inch.

You'll get it, honey. Like I said, even making the attempt works the muscles. They're just weak, and being a bit cranky about it. Muscles are like children, they'll moan and groan but stand fast - be gentle but insistent! Threaten to beat them! LOL - just kidding, don't hurt them, but be persistent and they will start to cooperate.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
hi, for those of you who have the Ageless book i'm curious about elinor glyn. i looked her up on the web, she was a writer, never seemed to age. did she do facial excercises? TIA
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |