Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Kind of - but it was more from trying to maintain my grip. I was using my thumb and forefinger to grip before, but my cheeks have really firmed up and it's harder to keep the flesh between my fingers. Now I use my thumb and first three fingers, kind of a "pinch" stance but I don't pinch, just grip.

Try switching up your grip a little, maybe use your thumb and two or three fingers like I describe above. How you grip isn't really important, just that you do grip and provide resistance to the muscle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you... I am still fighting increased nasojugal grooves, I really hope that I am doing the exercises correctly and that my cheeks will firm up eventually to alleviate this problem...
I haven't contacted LouLou yet, I think I need to push through longer first...
Immacolata, how long did it take your cheeks to firm up?

Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Has anyone experienced finger/hand fatigue from gripping the face muscles during Day 1 Ageless exercises?
I know I don't grip too hard, because I barely feel my muscles contracting...

Like Immacolata has said more or less; when I started I actually put more emphasis in the grip of my hand, fingers rather than the feeling of the facial muscles 'pushing' against that 'grip', if that makes any sense... and my hands got really tired, if I recall I actually mentioned this issue myself long time ago. I'd used on and off over a few years the Eva Fraser exercises so quickly adapted the feeling of working the facial muscles a bit more by trial and error to the hand grip above them and now I don't get tired hands or fingers as I concentrate on the contraction of the facial muscles and basically just try to 'push' against that contraction with thumb and fingers but not putting all the emphasis on the 'grip' put the 'pushing against', so the grip is more relaxed but 'pushing' and the emphasis is on the contraction of the facial muscles if that makes any sense!!!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
It does make sense. Maybe if I do it that way the ridge under my eye socket will lessen, too. It's probably because I squeezed the grip too hard, although I didn't think I was. I just don't feel my muscles working yet. But then again, it's only been 2 weeks.
I took a day off completely since I started. I was hoping it would help... Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add also, that I took some time, A LOT OF TIME, in getting the knack of the eye exercises, with this programme and others, only seem to have got the knack over the last few months with practice, so never heed what programme I've tried, it took me some time to actually 'exercise' the orbicularis orbit rather than the corrugator (frowning) and other muscles below the eye muscle that scrunch up the eye but are not the orbicularis orbit working in full strength (zygomatic interference here on the lower eye area), it IS doing some movement but not that much... When I've started to really isolate this muscle,... it has resulted in only two days eye work and two days tired eye looking,... sooooo, that means I've finally managed to isolate and really workout this roundabout muscle!!!!
So, I guess that I myself have been doing the Ageless eye ex. contracting my 'corrugator' and 'procerus' a lot, and only just over time really isolated the orbicularis orbit and noticing more results.
Just thought I'd post this for more information, don't know if it has been mentioned before about this possible muscle use confusion and how practice, no rush and patience helps to identify the muscle used.
http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/anatomy/head_lateralview.jsp
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
It does make sense. Maybe if I do it that way the ridge under my eye socket will lessen, too. It's probably because I squeezed the grip too hard, although I didn't think I was. I just don't feel my muscles working yet. But then again, it's only been 2 weeks.

Guess it would be best if you actually do the muscle cheek movements first and afterwards 'grip/push' against it to get the feel of the cheek muscles first to know what you're aiming to resist against. I do believe this is important, to first get the knack of the facial muscle movement, and afterwards apply the resistance to it one way or another (exterior in the case of Ageless programme).
I'm only talking about personal experience, it would be great if Loulou gave you advice here.
HIH.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Thank you... I am still fighting increased nasojugal grooves, I really hope that I am doing the exercises correctly and that my cheeks will firm up eventually to alleviate this problem...
I haven't contacted LouLou yet, I think I need to push through longer first...
Immacolata, how long did it take your cheeks to firm up?

Thank you!

My improvements were VERY fast. I knew after doing the entire program three times that it was going to help me. Changes were minute at first - the tiniest bit of "lift" at the corners of my mouth. My mouth looked "boofier" if you know what I mean. This was after a week. After the first 2 weeks, my naso labial lines got shallower and lifted and curved along my cheek as it got higher.

The Crunch worked very fast too. It seemed like one day there was a flat cheek and then oops! High cheekbones! It gave a curve to the flatness that I very much like. You know how when you're really fit and in a tiny bikini, that indent where your hip and leg come together? That's the kind of thing that the crush did for my cheek! LOL

I've paid a bit more attention to what's happening with my eyes and jaw/neck area too - these too are showing great improvement. My eyes were the least aged thing about me, but my skin is much, much thicker and tighter over my eyelids (I can hardly get a hold of the skin for the "Amaze" eye exercise), my brows look higher and my undereye has filled in and doesn't look gaunt or have circles any more.

So I think that the problem you're seeing is very temporary - are you doing both of the eye exercises - both Amaze and Wish? It sounds like your cheeks are building a little more quickly, and maybe the muscles in that are haven't caught up yet. Like I said, mine filled in and isn't hollow any more.

However - I'm not the creator of the program, and I'll be Lou Lou would know exactly what you're talking about. I believe that she herself had temporary filler in that area at one time, but didn't get it repeated because the exercises ultimately corrected the problem and she didn't need it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I thought I could do Just Day 1 exercises because those are the ones that seem to address my problem... but maybe I was wrong. When I first pointed to what was bothering me (see photos and my posts at the link below: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6481829&highlight=malar+fat+pads#6481829) I was told that Day 1 of Ageless would address my concern. Now it seems that if I only do those exercises, I create a bit of a bump right above the left cheek diagonal ridge/ naso jugal groove / tear trough, which highlights the ridge even more. So something is definitely off balance.
The other day I decided to do the hot spots for cheeks instead of Day 1 exercises, paired with Wish and Shape Your Face eye exercises. The next day the ridge and bump were no longer so evident anymore...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
The one thing I would really advise you to do, as you are still very young is not to pick and choose. They say that with every program out there – but believe me when you start out if you try to pick things and make your own system up you can run into major imbalances and other problems. Ageless is quick, fast and effective. Loulou designed it that way, and so even though Day 1 may appear to address your issues, I would follow the program in its entirety before doing anything for a short while. You see the muscles all interconnect, and oftentimes we think we have an issue with one place, and it turns out to be another. Day 1 and Day 2 don’t take very long, and actually I find them enjoyable. I’ve not done Hotspots, but think that’s probably an intense kind of bootcamp treatment but bet you could get just as good results from following the program as Lou’s outlined it before doing other things. Just my two cents!
fitgineer wrote:
I thought I could do Just Day 1 exercises because those are the ones that seem to address my problem... but maybe I was wrong. When I first pointed to what was bothering me (see photos and my posts at the link below: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6481829&highlight=malar+fat+pads#6481829) I was told that Day 1 of Ageless would address my concern. Now it seems that if I only do those exercises, I create a bit of a bump right above the left cheek diagonal ridge/ naso jugal groove / tear trough, which highlights the ridge even more. So something is definitely off balance.
The other day I decided to do the hot spots for cheeks instead of Day 1 exercises, paired with Wish and Shape Your Face eye exercises. The next day the ridge and bump were no longer so evident anymore...
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you... I guess I panicked because after a week of alternating just regular Day and Day 2 Ageless exercises my condition got worse, and I wanted to experiment... Embarassed But I may have been hasty in my decision. I've read so many EDS posts stating how wonderful and fast Ageless works, that I got worried it acted fast but in a negative way on my face Sad
TheresaMary wrote:
The one thing I would really advise you to do, as you are still very young is not to pick and choose. They say that with every program out there – but believe me when you start out if you try to pick things and make your own system up you can run into major imbalances and other problems. Ageless is quick, fast and effective. Loulou designed it that way, and so even though Day 1 may appear to address your issues, I would follow the program in its entirety before doing anything for a short while. You see the muscles all interconnect, and oftentimes we think we have an issue with one place, and it turns out to be another. Day 1 and Day 2 don’t take very long, and actually I find them enjoyable. I’ve not done Hotspots, but think that’s probably an intense kind of bootcamp treatment but bet you could get just as good results from following the program as Lou’s outlined it before doing other things. Just my two cents!
fitgineer wrote:
Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
I've finally started the exercises, and the perfectionist in me, as expected, is getting frustrated already. No, I do not expect to see results so fast... but, I can't tell if I'm doing the exercises right!
For example, day one exercises are so similar for me... I guess my levator labii, zygomaticus minor and major are so out of shape that I cannot make the expressions (without resistance) properly... Especially the levator labii! I cannot lift the corners of my mouth straight up without going outward or scrunching my nose, or pressing my lips together... Ugh Sad
So, you can imagine that when I do apply resistance I get even more frustrated because it's even more difficult for me to make the proper expressions, and my fingers slip, I don't know if my grip is correct, etc...

I know I have to keep practicing, but this is very discouraging Sad Has anyone else experienced such issues in the beginning?

Yes, it took me several months to get good contractions in many of my facial muscles, and a couple took even longer. But the patience was worth it to me. It's like the first time as a child that you learned to catch a ball...it took a while to learn those new motor skills.

fitgineer wrote:
I woke up this morning after my third Day 1 of Ageless (2 days of Day 2) and my nasojugal ridges, the main reason I started Ageless, looked significantly pronounced Sad The grooves are more pronounced, especially when I smile.
I have also been incorporating a few minutes of Tanaka massage every night.

Has anyone else experience similar effects? I hope this is temporary, because I am a little scared of such significant negative changes in such a short period of time.

Try stopping the Tanaka massage, but continuing with the Ageless exercises, and see if that helps. Though many people have had fantastic results with Tanaka, some people experienced too much loss of facial fullness or other negative effects. See if that doesn't fix the problem.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
No resistance? I don't see how you can say that. Try doing the exercises without grabbing your chunk of flesh - nothing, just your face moving.

Gripping the skin and muscle while you try the movements is resistance.

Ageless exercises are 100% resistance exercises, and they are good ones.

IMO, the regular Ageless is the easiest resistance training program to learn and do, particularly if you are short on time.

Anyways, anyone finish the Ageless bootcamp yet? I'd love to read some more retrospective reviews, especially from those who have used Ageless for a while (with or without other resistance programs). I have several facial exercise programs already, but I love to always grow and learn.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CM,

I was hoping you'd chime in Smile
Good suggestion, I'll take a break from Tanaka...
The more I do the exercises, the more I wonder if my problem lies someplace else, or if not just the mallar at pat sagging as I thought originally, but a combination of muscles sliding down/atrophy...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fba3qkNetDM/TAQS9FXdH3I/AAAAAAAAAeI/etmkRTwSHcQ/s1600/tear_trough_blog9.jpg
Notice how in the image on the left the woman seems to have two sets of eye bags? Well, what I'm noticing is that lower outer bag (left cheek only; no other eye bags). I'm probably half her age so mine is nowhere near as bad, but after some Day 1 exercises I notice that bag or swollen muscle more, especially the next day or 2. I'm not sure what is not catching up with what yet. I hope the Day 2 exercises (Wish especially) will help balance everything out eventually.
cm5597 wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
I've finally started the exercises, and the perfectionist in me, as expected, is getting frustrated already. No, I do not expect to see results so fast... but, I can't tell if I'm doing the exercises right!
For example, day one exercises are so similar for me... I guess my levator labii, zygomaticus minor and major are so out of shape that I cannot make the expressions (without resistance) properly... Especially the levator labii! I cannot lift the corners of my mouth straight up without going outward or scrunching my nose, or pressing my lips together... Ugh Sad
So, you can imagine that when I do apply resistance I get even more frustrated because it's even more difficult for me to make the proper expressions, and my fingers slip, I don't know if my grip is correct, etc...

I know I have to keep practicing, but this is very discouraging Sad Has anyone else experienced such issues in the beginning?

Yes, it took me several months to get good contractions in many of my facial muscles, and a couple took even longer. But the patience was worth it to me. It's like the first time as a child that you learned to catch a ball...it took a while to learn those new motor skills.

fitgineer wrote:
I woke up this morning after my third Day 1 of Ageless (2 days of Day 2) and my nasojugal ridges, the main reason I started Ageless, looked significantly pronounced Sad The grooves are more pronounced, especially when I smile.
I have also been incorporating a few minutes of Tanaka massage every night.

Has anyone else experience similar effects? I hope this is temporary, because I am a little scared of such significant negative changes in such a short period of time.

Try stopping the Tanaka massage, but continuing with the Ageless exercises, and see if that helps. Though many people have had fantastic results with Tanaka, some people experienced too much loss of facial fullness or other negative effects. See if that doesn't fix the problem.

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Guess it would be best if you actually do the muscle cheek movements first and afterwards 'grip/push' against it to get the feel of the cheek muscles first to know what you're aiming to resist against. I do believe this is important, to first get the knack of the facial muscle movement, and afterwards apply the resistance to it one way or another (exterior in the case of Ageless programme).
I'm only talking about personal experience, it would be great if Loulou gave you advice here.
HIH.

AT, thanks so much for your input, you're absolutely right, and I do appreciate that you and others here,are helping people with Ageless.

The one thing I'd add, which I haven't emphasised enough in the book, is that pushing the hands harder *into* the face allows you to relax your grip quite a bit if your hands cramp.
Just posting this because I saw it first, but I'm aware that other questions are outstanding and will answer those ASAP
((((hugs))) Smile
Loulou xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Fitgineer,

I saw your posts on another thread. If sagging of the malar fat pads is your biggest concern, I would recommend that you limit your search to Ageless and FlexEffect. Imo, these are the best two programs for this area (though Facial Magic might also be good, too, as it's a resistance exercise program, but I can't comment on it because I don't have it). In other words, I'd steer you away from Facercise and the other programs out there. In my opinion, FlexEffect is better for the eyes than Ageless, but Ageless has time advantages and is less overwhelming for the bginner. Really, though, I don't think you can go wrong starting with either program Smile

Finally, I see what is bothering you with your malar pads--it's subtle so you must be extremely sensitive to small differences. Here's the key--regularless of whether you buy FlexEffect or Ageless: Make sure to focus a bit more on your caput zygomaticum muscles, than your caput infra-orbitale and caput angular muscles. That is, with a bit more development of the caput zygomaticum muscles RELATIVE to your other two caput muscles, you will re-establish higher cheekbones. Also, in your grip for the caput zygomaticum muscle, put your finger as high up on the muscle as you can...near the outer corner of the eye. Finally, don't neglect the outer lower corner of the eye and the part where eye muscle and cheek muscles join ...many people don't realize that this part of the eye muscle plays a key role in creating beautiful high cheekbones. If you do all this, I think you will be golden Smile Best wishes Smile

CM, when you say caput zygomaticum, do you mean zygomaticus minor and major? Or are these muscles entirely different?
And how do you pay attention to the outer corner of the eye where the eye muscles and cheeks join? I realize that is a problem, because there seems to be a bump above the ridge, or a very low eye bag...
I am starting to wonder if sagging of the face the way I am experiencing it is normal at 27, or if it's a result of a thyroid issue, myasthenia gravis, etc.I know I may be going overboard here, but I have not seen anyone else, even in their late 30's, with tear throughs / naso jugal ridges like mine Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

I agree with TheresaMary's suggestion and this has always been my belief: that you should do one program and do it in its entirety, and not pick and choose or mix and match. If you encounter problems or have questions, then you can ask the author (in this case Loulou who devised the Ageless program) as the author of the program best understands how the exercises should work and which ones cannot be omitted if a problem is to be fixed. At the very least, the author can confirm if you're on the right track and if things will eventually fall into place.

As was stated, because of muscle interconnection, what you may think needs working to fix a problem may not be the muscle in need of work. It may be another that needs to tone up better in order to exert a pull on the one in that area and smooth things out. So rather than guess, ask the guru behind the program for direction.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I did contact Steve, waiting to hear back. They must be busy since they haven't been on the forum much Smile
Nonie aka AD wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

The one thing I would really advise you to do, as you are still very young is not to pick and choose. They say that with every program out there � but believe me when you start out if you try to pick things and make your own system up you can run into major imbalances and other problems. Ageless is quick, fast and effective. Loulou designed it that way, and so even though Day 1 may appear to address your issues, I would follow the program in its entirety before doing anything for a short while. You see the muscles all interconnect, and oftentimes we think we have an issue with one place, and it turns out to be another. Day 1 and Day 2 don�t take very long, and actually I find them enjoyable. I�ve not done Hotspots, but think that�s probably an intense kind of bootcamp treatment but bet you could get just as good results from following the program as Lou�s outlined it before doing other things. Just my two cents!

I agree with TheresaMary's suggestion and this has always been my belief: that you should do one program and do it in its entirety, and not pick and choose or mix and match. If you encounter problems or have questions, then you can ask the author (in this case Loulou who devised the Ageless program) as the author of the program best understands how the exercises should work and which ones cannot be omitted if a problem is to be fixed. At the very least, the author can confirm if you're on the right track and if things will eventually fall into place.

As was stated, because of muscle interconnection, what you may think needs working to fix a problem may not be the muscle in need of work. It may be another that needs to tone up better in order to exert a pull on the one in that area and smooth things out. So rather than guess, ask the guru behind the program for direction.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Fitgineer,

I saw your posts on another thread. If sagging of the malar fat pads is your biggest concern, I would recommend that you limit your search to Ageless and FlexEffect. Imo, these are the best two programs for this area (though Facial Magic might also be good, too, as it's a resistance exercise program, but I can't comment on it because I don't have it). In other words, I'd steer you away from Facercise and the other programs out there. In my opinion, FlexEffect is better for the eyes than Ageless, but Ageless has time advantages and is less overwhelming for the bginner. Really, though, I don't think you can go wrong starting with either program Smile

Finally, I see what is bothering you with your malar pads--it's subtle so you must be extremely sensitive to small differences. Here's the key--regularless of whether you buy FlexEffect or Ageless: Make sure to focus a bit more on your caput zygomaticum muscles, than your caput infra-orbitale and caput angular muscles. That is, with a bit more development of the caput zygomaticum muscles RELATIVE to your other two caput muscles, you will re-establish higher cheekbones. Also, in your grip for the caput zygomaticum muscle, put your finger as high up on the muscle as you can...near the outer corner of the eye. Finally, don't neglect the outer lower corner of the eye and the part where eye muscle and cheek muscles join ...many people don't realize that this part of the eye muscle plays a key role in creating beautiful high cheekbones. If you do all this, I think you will be golden Smile Best wishes Smile

CM, when you say caput zygomaticum, do you mean zygomaticus minor and major? Or are these muscles entirely different?
And how do you pay attention to the outer corner of the eye where the eye muscles and cheeks join? I realize that is a problem, because there seems to be a bump above the ridge, or a very low eye bag...
I am starting to wonder if sagging of the face the way I am experiencing it is normal at 27, or if it's a result of a thyroid issue, myasthenia gravis, etc.I know I may be going overboard here, but I have not seen anyone else, even in their late 30's, with tear throughs / naso jugal ridges like mine Sad

Hi fitgineer,

Apologies for this slightly overdue reply

First, the caput zygomaticus is the zygomaticus minor by another name. It's not cut and dried whether it should be considered as a head of the levator labii, or as a separate muscle, both definitions are used.

I haven't spoken to Loulou about this yet, but I'm certain she would advise you to do the Ageless programme in its entirety, with the exception of Crush, which is optional depending on the look you prefer. The day one exercises tighten the upper cheek muscles so that your cheeks are carried higher. The Wish exercise will fill out the eye/tear trough area a little, but more important it will prevent the lifted cheeks from encroaching on the eye area. In other words, the cheeks shouldn't be too developed relative to the socket area.

HTH,
Ageing Steve!

5% products discount

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
The one thing I would really advise you to do, as you are still very young is not to pick and choose. They say that with every program out there � but believe me when you start out if you try to pick things and make your own system up you can run into major imbalances and other problems. Ageless is quick, fast and effective. Loulou designed it that way, and so even though Day 1 may appear to address your issues, I would follow the program in its entirety before doing anything for a short while. You see the muscles all interconnect, and oftentimes we think we have an issue with one place, and it turns out to be another. Day 1 and Day 2 don�t take very long, and actually I find them enjoyable. I�ve not done Hotspots, but think that�s probably an intense kind of bootcamp treatment but bet you could get just as good results from following the program as Lou�s outlined it before doing other things. Just my two cents!
fitgineer wrote:

Thanks for this post Theresa Mary, it's very good advice. It sounds a bit precious to say follow it all exactly, but it's defo advisable, especially in the early stages until you have a strong sense of which muscle is doing what. Wish is good to do alongside day one, lift eyelid good to do alongside Wish, etc. even the Kiss exercise relates to the smile/cheek muscles.

Best regards, Steve

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
my question is not particularly aimed at Loulou's Facial Exercises but since this is the most active thread for face exercises, I am taking the liberty to post it here...

I have noticed that I have developed 2 faint horizontal lines on my nose..at the very top, after I started doing the exercises in which I contract the muscles on the sides of my nose, i think the expression is called " bunny face".. would these disappear on their own or should I stop doing this exercise? I have started to put one finger right where the lines are while I do this exercise so this area does not wrinkle...
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Fitgineer,

Hi fitgineer,

Apologies for this slightly overdue reply

First, the caput zygomaticus is the zygomaticus minor by another name. It's not cut and dried whether it should be considered as a head of the levator labii, or as a separate muscle, both definitions are used.

I haven't spoken to Loulou about this yet, but I'm certain she would advise you to do the Ageless programme in its entirety, with the exception of Crush, which is optional depending on the look you prefer. The day one exercises tighten the upper cheek muscles so that your cheeks are carried higher. The Wish exercise will fill out the eye/tear trough area a little, but more important it will prevent the lifted cheeks from encroaching on the eye area. In other words, the cheeks shouldn't be too developed relative to the socket area.

HTH,
Ageing Steve!

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I have been doing Ageless in it entirety, excluding Crush. I guess patience is key...

Regards,
Fitgineer

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
What is the worst case scenario when we carry out the crush exercise? Do you guys think their might be a gender difference, as a more hollow face would look more attractive on men?

From my understanding the crush exercise does not interrupt the upper cheeks at all and only hollows out the lower cheeks, which would make the cheekbones(muscles) look higher. Am i correct? Thanks.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think that someone with an already thin face might want to leave out the Crush, or do the modified version of the Crush. I always had fat cheeks - when I got older I had hollows, but they were filled up by my upper cheeks sagging into them. So with the Crush I've been able to achieve a definite line of demarcation between my upper and lower cheeks. It looks great! I wish I had known about the Crush when I was in my 20s.

It depends on the look you want - if you're a guy you probably already have the hollower lower cheeks, but if you have a more fleshy face, you'd probably be happy with it.

And if you're not happy with the look, you can quit doing Crush and in a few days/weeks you'll be back to where you were before.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
bob44 wrote:
What is the worst case scenario when we carry out the crush exercise? Do you guys think their might be a gender difference, as a more hollow face would look more attractive on men?

From my understanding the crush exercise does not interrupt the upper cheeks at all and only hollows out the lower cheeks, which would make the cheekbones(muscles) look higher. Am i correct? Thanks.

bob44, I'm another guy here, and am glad you asked that question. I've been wondering about it too, and will be anxious to hear the answer!

Ronn

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I think that someone with an already thin face might want to leave out the Crush, or do the modified version of the Crush. I always had fat cheeks - when I got older I had hollows, but they were filled up by my upper cheeks sagging into them. So with the Crush I've been able to achieve a definite line of demarcation between my upper and lower cheeks. It looks great! I wish I had known about the Crush when I was in my 20s.

It depends on the look you want - if you're a guy you probably already have the hollower lower cheeks, but if you have a more fleshy face, you'd probably be happy with it.

And if you're not happy with the look, you can quit doing Crush and in a few days/weeks you'll be back to where you were before.

I posted my reply to bob44 before I saw your answer, Immacolata — sorry 'bout that!

Makes perfect sense to go with Crush until we see what results we're getting, then either continue or stop depending on how we like the look. Thanks!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |