Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Back to Ageless - just want to offer words of encouragement to others who are impatient for MORE results:

FINALLY, the pouchy area on either side of my mouth is firming up. There is still work to be done, but when I touch that area now, it's becoming more "springy" and firm-feeling. I guess my buccinators have been improving at a slower rate than the rest but improving nonetheless - I have (had?) kind of a fat-cheek baby face in my youth and all that fat had turned to flab.

Anyway, my point is keep at it - the more immediate changes you'll see will delight you, but there is much more to come. I look at Sandooch's and LouLou's before and after photos for motivation. This program works!

I know my face has changed from doing Ageless, not sure to what degree, but I suspect a lot more than what I see in the mirror. I'll be getting a new * spam * after my birthday in April, and will compare the pics then. Using my old DL for a before pic - this all started when I got my DL renewed and a new pic taken - I was horrified when I saw the picture - who in the hell was that old lady? LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 am      Reply with quote
This got me thinking, do you think part of the reason Lou looks so good now is because she started so early? I know I wish I had, but its often been asked and I've never seen an official response from any program creator about starting early on? It does seem that those who start early do get faster results?
Immacolata wrote:
She looks damned good - but to see how absolutely AMAZING Ageless is, you have to look at her before photo and compare. It's astonishing, and very, very inspiring!

Check out the Ageless site under gallery, and compare LouLou's age 38 picture with her age 50 pic. If that doesn't sell you on Ageless, nothing will!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
This got me thinking, do you think part of the reason Lou looks so good now is because she started so early? I know I wish I had, but its often been asked and I've never seen an official response from any program creator about starting early on? It does seem that those who start early do get faster results?
Immacolata wrote:
She looks damned good - but to see how absolutely AMAZING Ageless is, you have to look at her before photo and compare. It's astonishing, and very, very inspiring!

Check out the Ageless site under gallery, and compare LouLou's age 38 picture with her age 50 pic. If that doesn't sell you on Ageless, nothing will!

It's possible that's the reason BUT it simply may be that enough time passed in between so the results really showed. When it's us (if you're anything like me), we're so impatient to see the differences that we don't wait a year, two years, five years to compare our "before and after". There are 12 years between Loulou's age 38 pictures and her 50 pictures. I know she had some pictures in her 40s but they were LATE 40s, like 48 or something. That's a full 10 years. So the age when starting is probably not what makes the real difference. It's more likely it's the time in between the photos.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Facial exercise is the same as other exercise, as in the longer you exercise a muscle, the stronger it gets. That doesn't mean that you won't see results in a month, it means that you'll keep seeing results after a year, after two years, after three years, four, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Immacolata, you are right (and just so great!). You can start at any age and thrive. My oldest student is nearly 80, although it seems ludicrous to think of her as being 80. I'll ask her if I can post a picture because her face is so firm and gorgeous!

Ll xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:36 am      Reply with quote
That would be very inspiring! I hope she gives permission.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering this, but you misunderstand. I mean I know anyone can benefit from doing facial exercises but I guess I was wondering if you start earlier are the results much better than if you start later. I didn’t get going with facial exercises till I was in my 50’s, and I’m 60 plus now so I often wonder if I had started earlier on, would I have even better results than now. I know some late starters are out there like Carolyn Cleaves etc, but the majority seem to have started when they were very young, i.e. Deb Crowley, Carole Maggio etc. So whilst I know facial exercises can do wonderful things, I’m just wondering if there should be a focus on getting younger people to do them first? Obviously a lot of youngsters who do facial exercises seem to have fast results but also I noticed run into programs no matter what program they do for a variety of reasons.

I agree though the photo of your 80 year old client would be very inspiring!
otherloulou wrote:
Hi guys,

Immacolata, you are right (and just so great!). You can start at any age and thrive. My oldest student is nearly 80, although it seems ludicrous to think of her as being 80. I'll ask her if I can post a picture because her face is so firm and gorgeous!

Ll xx
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Ok got it. I can't answer that, I'm afraid, but Angela's point about length of time is a good one. Just for the record, it wasn't until I was 42 that I started facial exercise, and I think in the earliest 'after' picture I'm about 44. But the point stands... 2 years is a long time.in facial training!
But a face starts to change in the first few weeks, so take heart

TheresaMary wrote:
Thanks for answering this, but you misunderstand. I mean I know anyone can benefit from doing facial exercises but I guess I was wondering if you start earlier are the results much better than if you start later. I didn’t get going with facial exercises till I was in my 50’s, and I’m 60 plus now so I often wonder if I had started earlier on, would I have even better results than now. I know some late starters are out there like Carolyn Cleaves etc, but the majority seem to have started when they were very young, i.e. Deb Crowley, Carole Maggio etc. So whilst I know facial exercises can do wonderful things, I’m just wondering if there should be a focus on getting younger people to do them first? Obviously a lot of youngsters who do facial exercises seem to have fast results but also I noticed run into programs no matter what program they do for a variety of reasons.

otherloulou wrote:
Hi guys,

Ll xx
Cool Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Okay, this made me laugh. I've been looking through Sanford Bennett's book again (Old Age, it's Cause and Prevention) today and I saw something I didn't see the first time I read the book. Bennett says to "smile toward your eyes", too. Shock Shock Shock

(You know you laughed, too.) Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay was that when you were doing Flexeffects right? I know you said before that you didn't follow their routine exactly, were you doing an early Ageless routine then, 1 day of particular exercises, the next another set etc?

Just trying to workout how someone in your age group now could achieve similar results?

I know I started with Eva Fraser in my 50's and by 52 I was doing Facial Magic, and it was also that time I first visited Flex Effect (some 12 plus years ago ahem - not going to admit that again in public!)
otherloulou wrote:
Ok got it. I can't answer that, I'm afraid, but Angela's point about length of time is a good one. Just for the record, it wasn't until I was 42 that I started facial exercise, and I think in the earliest 'after' picture I'm about 44. But the point stands... 2 years is a long time.in facial training!
But a face starts to change in the first few weeks, so take heart

TheresaMary wrote:

otherloulou wrote:
Hi guys,

Ll xx
Cool Cool
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary,

This is a bit awkward because yes, I did cut out a lot of Flexeffect exercises from quite early on, but if you look at Deb Crowley, she's been doing her entire programme for years and looks fantastic. Dancing

I think it's best to take it steadily, leaving plenty of time to recover and glow between workouts, like you would with bodily exercise, but it's also possible to go full on and cause some radical breakdown of the muscle tissue, which will heal too. But the facial muscle can't do any more than that. Ageless is the most effective set of exercises I could devise, I didn't leave any muscles out because of time considerations. It's the programme I do and have pretty much always done in one form or another.

An often-forgotten element in how your face looks is how you hold it, which has quite a bit to do with having the muscles in good nick, but also about being confidence in it. When you look in the mirror theres a tendency for the face to drop despondently... You probably look a lot more lively to other people than you do to yourself. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou

Okay that’s great. I do remember you talking about facial posture and must admit you were the first I ever heard mention that out of everyone, which is something I really want to acknowledge you for, and it makes so much sense.

Tessie
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LouLou,

I have the 2nd ed. of Ageless. I tried Crush exercise and realised it wasn't for me. However, fast forward a couple of years and I am losing volume over that area anyway Sad . I was wondering whether, as the area continues to hollow naturally, I could use Crush to actually thicken the buccinators and add volume? (since it probably couldn't hollow them much more!).

Thanks.

Tyger
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tyger,

Yes, that's cool. The sucked in look is a temporary side-effect of the exercise, the muscle not unfurling after being contracted. It's not permanent, so you can certainly add some volume with 'crush' so long as you leave plenty of time for it to unhollow before a big event!

All best,

Ll

Tyger wrote:
Hi LouLou,

I have the 2nd ed. of Ageless. I tried Crush exercise and realised it wasn't for me. However, fast forward a couple of years and I am losing volume over that area anyway Sad . I was wondering whether, as the area continues to hollow naturally, I could use Crush to actually thicken the buccinators and add volume? (since it probably couldn't hollow them much more!).

Thanks.

Tyger
Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks for your reply Loulou.

I will try it with 2 - 3 days rest in between and see how it goes. I have a big 'event' (professional photos) coming up soon, so will leave it till after then. When I was in my 20s/30s, what I wouldn't have given for that chiselled hollow cheek look in my chubby face - how one's requirements change over the years Laughing

Cheers!

Tyger
Lynxette
5% products discount

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, there, Loulou, I have your program for a few weeks now and really like doing it. I did FlexEffect before and had good results for the eyes. My face muscles are holding up well, but what I wanted most to get rid off is the slight jowling, but couldnt really improve that to the point that I was satisfied. Any tips how to do your program to address that issue? More cheek exercises? Crush?

Thank you!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Glad to help, and yes it's surprising what the passing years make us wish for! Fashions change too... I remember yearning for a little flat boy's bottom!

Tyger wrote:
Many thanks for your reply Loulou.

I will try it with 2 - 3 days rest in between and see how it goes. I have a big 'event' (professional photos) coming up soon, so will leave it till after then. When I was in my 20s/30s, what I wouldn't have given for that chiselled hollow cheek look in my chubby face - how one's requirements change over the years Laughing

Cheers!

Tyger

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lynxette,

Jowls do shift with time, the day 1 exercises pull the flesh up and the platysma that hugs the jawline will be pulling them in. It doesn't happen all at once, but it will come.

Crush also pulls the face in and you might like to experiment with that because it's another angle to go from, but crush will give you a strikingly sucked in look at first, which might not be helpful to your overall look.

And again, you're probably looking much sleeker than you think. The mirror causes instant droop and when your face is animated and responding to people and events you will look significantly more lifted than think you do.

But in brief, your jowls will get less and less pronounced over time. Yours probably already are, but it's like ageing; you don't see it creeping up on you till one day, gosh! No jowls!

All best, Ll Smile

Lynxette wrote:
Hi, there, Loulou, I have your program for a few weeks now and really like doing it. I did FlexEffect before and had good results for the eyes. My face muscles are holding up well, but what I wanted most to get rid off is the slight jowling, but couldnt really improve that to the point that I was satisfied. Any tips how to do your program to address that issue? More cheek exercises? Crush?

Thank you!
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi Lynxette,

Jowls do shift with time, the day 1 exercises pull the flesh up and the platysma that hugs the jawline will be pulling them in. It doesn't happen all at once, but it will come.

Crush also pulls the face in and you might like to experiment with that because it's another angle to go from, but crush will give you a strikingly sucked in look at first, which might not be helpful to your overall look.

And again, you're probably looking much sleeker than you think. The mirror causes instant droop and when your face is animated and responding to people and events you will look significantly more lifted than think you do.

But in brief, your jowls will get less and less pronounced over time. Yours probably already are, but it's like ageing; you don't see it creeping up on you till one day, gosh! No jowls!

All best, Ll Smile

Lynxette wrote:

Thank you!
Smile

this bit is really true isnt it? Too bad mirrors do not come with warning labels. Laughing
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Haha! I like the idea of mirror warnings Smile

The 30 day programme has a mirror protocol. Not many people have enough faith and discipline to do it daily, but it's very easy:

When you approach a mirror concentrate on looking looking yourself right in the eye, nod, and say 'beautiful'. The face can't fail to register joy, satisfaction, or disappointment and despondency. It just does this, and it determines whether you look like you on a tiring, demoralising day or you when you feel joyful and proud. Its not like building a thigh muscle, the facial muscles provide us with this shortcut, and the effort involved in positive self-talk is minimal. I think everyone should steer themselves toward good-looking mode and light up the rejuvenated muscular structures. You don't have to believe a word of it, just be consistent about saying it. It's like a magic spell:smt049

5% products discount

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I've been doing Ageless for age before the cost went up a LOT so I got a bargain!
I shoulg report that the Ageless programme has AT LAST done what it said it would and nuked my jowls, think it must be ageless unless its the skin care stuff where i chop and xhange doing the trickier. They aren't gone totally, but they do look much better. id eithet ahh uanything else happ ms, but don'y hold your breath cuz it took ages to even get this much progress. But at least there's
Progress heu. /
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:13 am      Reply with quote
ballerina wrote:
skin care stuff where i chop and xhange doing the trickier.

Can you elaborate?

5% products discount

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I wish I had better results to report because I really like doing the program. I've been doing Ageless for a year and have not seen results at all. I've kept a photo log, and there are days when I think, hmmmm, maybe it's getting better and go back and look at photos from last year only to conclude that there is no positive change. I definitely look worse under the eyes but I don't think thats the result of Ageless, but probably just because I'm 51 and headed into meno, and have too much fat loss (especially under the eyes) to save my face without fillers. Sad
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ageless fans,

I've been doing facial exercises for two years now. I am 40 years old. My forehead is one of my main concerns along with cheeks. Two years ago, I got that tired look on my brow plus puffiness/hollow nasojugal fold. This is almost all gone. So, I am thrilled with facial exercises. I was going to have surgery and there's no need anymore.

I've checked the ageless website and I am not quite sure of how long it takes. There is bootcamp, hotspots... that I've read about.

At the moment, I spend around 25 min on the exercises and 5 min on massage (5 days a week).

It's hard for me to believe that with Ageless it will take me around 5 min exercises and 5 minutes massage.

Also, it says on the website that it doesn't do much for the forehead, which is one of my main concerns.

I would like to hear from people that have been using ageless for a long time. Do you do other programs along with it? How long does it really take?

Thanks!
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Haha! I like the idea of mirror warnings Smile

The 30 day programme has a mirror protocol. Not many people have enough faith and discipline to do it daily, but it's very easy:

When you approach a mirror concentrate on looking looking yourself right in the eye, nod, and say 'beautiful'. The face can't fail to register joy, satisfaction, or disappointment and despondency. It just does this, and it determines whether you look like you on a tiring, demoralising day or you when you feel joyful and proud. Its not like building a thigh muscle, the facial muscles provide us with this shortcut, and the effort involved in positive self-talk is minimal. I think everyone should steer themselves toward good-looking mode and light up the rejuvenated muscular structures. You don't have to believe a word of it, just be consistent about saying it. It's like a magic spell:smt049

That sounds great Loulou. We need some exercises on how to be positive when looking in the mirror!!!

I've developed a terrible habit of focusing on my flaws, when I know for a fact most people looking at me do NOT see the flaws. What a waste of time on this earth...we should be looking at the GOOD more than the bad.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |