Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Peppercorn wrote:

Also, it says on the website that it doesn't do much for the forehead, which is one of my main concerns.

I would like to hear from people that have been using ageless for a long time. Do you do other programs along with it? How long does it really take?

Thanks!

I saw great Ageless results within the first month. I guess I've been doing it off and on for about 5 months now, and continue to see improvement. My cheeks are fuller and my skin is much firmer and more elastic. I'm not consistent though...I will do them religiously for a month and then not do them at all for 2 weeks. It really does only take a few minutes! I find it really relaxing and love to do it before bed.

I've found that the very best forehead exercise I've ever done is simply wiggling your ears. You know, in that way that it moves your hairline up and down? I remember looking at a magazine as a kid, and the then famous hairdresser Vidal Sassoon was interviewed in it, and he said, "Wiggle your ears for ten minutes every day. You'll never need a facelift". That stuck with me. I have the tightest forehead, and I'm pretty old!

I am seeing some firming of the jawline, finally! I'm doing the Ageless neck exercise every other day, and I think that Crush is raising the lower half of my face, including the jowl area. What I'm most shocked by is how quickly the beginnings of a double chin that I had have disappeared since I started doing this, only last week: http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_four.htm

Look at him...he is his own best advertisement! I'll have what he's having. That one exercise totally cleaned up my jawline. And quickly.

Right now I'm doing Ageless, Tanaka massage, and the Shape Your Face chin exercise, along with wiggling my ears. And my face looks great! I can finally stand to look at myself in the mirror again.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote
That's good to know. I've tried for the last 10 years moving my ears and they still won't move. I remember reading on Tom's site though that 1 in 3 women are able to move their ears and that 2 out of 3 will never be able to. I kind of guess I'm in that 2 number but I keep trying anyway.

From what I understood though the ears can move up or backwards right - so when you wiggle them are you moving them up and back together or up then back?
little vase wrote:
I remember looking at a magazine as a kid, and the then famous hairdresser Vidal Sassoon was interviewed in it, and he said, "Wiggle your ears for ten minutes every day. You'll never need a facelift". That stuck with me. I have the tightest forehead, and I'm pretty old!
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think mine move back rather than up. When I wiggle my ears I actually have more forehead movement than ear movement, if that makes sense. Like.....I can see my hairline move and my forehead tighten. Even though I'm wiggling my ears, my ears don't move half as much as my forehead does.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
I think mine move back rather than up. When I wiggle my ears I actually have more forehead movement than ear movement, if that makes sense. Like.....I can see my hairline move and my forehead tighten. Even though I'm wiggling my ears, my ears don't move half as much as my forehead does.

Yeah, me too. I can't exactly "wiggle" my ears, although I can feel them moving at times. So I'm not doing something quite right but I'm going to try to learn. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I always wondered if wiggling my ears would make a difference. I started being able to do this a few months after after I started facexercise (which I no longer do). But I'll do it throughout the day from now on. thanks! Very Happy In my case, I feel the muscles around my ears a lot, just a little forehead tho.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I may ask Tom where that 2/3 women will never move their ears comes from? Because it would be interesting. I suppose its a bit like we don't all have all the facial muscles, think Carolyn wrote about that in an email some time ago to me and it was like wow that's why I could never do some exercises.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Peppercorn,

A couple of answers for you, sorry that it's taken me a while!

Ageless does do a lot for the lower face. It pulls it back up to be the upper face again! The face falls downwards and inwards precisely because the muscles in the upper face have lost their firmness. Tighten them and the entire face comes back up. The muscle that pulls the flesh firmly against the jawbone provides an extra sculpting element, and if you wish you can get a very defined cheekbone by exercising the muscle that pulls the cheek inwards. The muscles that people think of as tightening the lower face have no lifting or shaping power. They just bulk up, adding more volume to the lower face.

One of the reasons that Ageless is so brief is because it focuses exclusively on what makes a good difference to the face. Everything else is exercised about once a month, just to stop anything deteriorating.

Also it's important to remember that lift, improved elasticity,and rejuvenation doesn't take place during exercise, only when the tissues that the massage and the exercises have broken down are rebuilt.

A large volume of exercise takes longer to recover from, and the body only builds stronger skin or muscle as fast as it can recover.

I'm fond of saying that I didn't devise Ageless to be a mini-programme, if there was an advantage to be gained by making it longer I would have done so.

Finally, the forehead: I didn't find that results happened for me quickly enough to outweigh the short-term side effects. There is a forehead section in the Hotspots bootcamp, which we sell on request, but I'm happy to send you one if you decide to buy the package. Just mention it to Ellen, our five star, gorgeous organiser.

Peppercorn wrote:
Hello Ageless fans,

I've been doing facial exercises for two years now. I am 40 years old. My forehead is one of my main concerns along with cheeks. Two years ago, I got that tired look on my brow plus puffiness/hollow nasojugal fold. This is almost all gone. So, I am thrilled with facial exercises. I was going to have surgery and there's no need anymore.

I've checked the ageless website and I am not quite sure of how long it takes. There is bootcamp, hotspots... that I've read about.

At the moment, I spend around 25 min on the exercises and 5 min on massage (5 days a week).

It's hard for me to believe that with Ageless it will take me around 5 min exercises and 5 minutes massage.

Also, it says on the website that it doesn't do much for the forehead, which is one of my main concerns.

I would like to hear from people that have been using ageless for a long time. Do you do other programs along with it? How long does it really take?

Thanks!

5% products discount

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Well hello Loulou!

I bought Ageless last week but I used my real name!!! Not Peppercorn. I sent this message to Steve, which you might see soon. I'll post it here. I'd like to know what you think and maybe other people can benefit from it.
I started training 2 years ago with a pretty firm face. I still have no wrinkles (expect forehead). The interesting part is that my current two areas of concern developed after a year or so of facial building:

1- Lines on my forehead appeared. I read what LouLou said about this on her book. I didn't have any lines before!
2- The sides of my mouth. No sagging or lines, just deep folds on each side of my lips when I have a big smile. (I have a feeling is overbuild. Because it looks muscular). It is also interesting that LouLou doesn't work the lower face very much.

So, now I wonder if my two areas of concern are being made worse by exercising too much. I am very thin though. I thought that since my cheeks are higher now, I am exposing those folds. I don't really know. Any comments you or LouLou have about this?

About the suggested regime... Once I start the the exercises, I'm sure I'll have questions. Right now, I feel a bit lost... but I'll start soon.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 am      Reply with quote
A question for LouLou (or whomever can answer):

I've already gone way beyond the 20 reps in the cheek exercises. Now I don't count, I just do them until I "feel the burn" and then do 10 more. Showing great progress but I want more!

I do squats, plíes for my butt and legs in sets - i.e. I do 15 plíes, shake out my legs and do 15 more. This supposedly allows the muscle to build more or something - I'm not sure why I do it, I just do it because it was common wisdom when I first started exercising.

Does the same thing apply to the facial muscles?

I want to start doing "sets" of the first four cheek exercises - i.e. do 30 of #1, rest for a minute, then do 30 more. Is there any reason why I should not take this approach?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello Peppercorn,

I think you're right in assuming that your cheeks are lifting and exposing the nose-mouth lines.

As for the forehead, my experience has been that the more you exercise the more wrinkled you look! There's an explanation of this in the faqs section of the book. The wrinkles are temporary, but they take a long, long time to subside (see my answer above to your previous question).

Hope this is helpful, all best,

Loulou

Peppercorn wrote:
Well hello Loulou!

I bought Ageless last week but I used my real name!!! Not Peppercorn. I sent this message to Steve, which you might see soon. I'll post it here. I'd like to know what you think and maybe other people can benefit from it.
I started training 2 years ago with a pretty firm face. I still have no wrinkles (expect forehead). The interesting part is that my current two areas of concern developed after a year or so of facial building:

1- Lines on my forehead appeared. I read what LouLou said about this on her book. I didn't have any lines before!
2- The sides of my mouth. No sagging or lines, just deep folds on each side of my lips when I have a big smile. (I have a feeling is overbuild. Because it looks muscular). It is also interesting that LouLou doesn't work the lower face very much.

So, now I wonder if my two areas of concern are being made worse by exercising too much. I am very thin though. I thought that since my cheeks are higher now, I am exposing those folds. I don't really know. Any comments you or LouLou have about this?

About the suggested regime... Once I start the the exercises, I'm sure I'll have questions. Right now, I feel a bit lost... but I'll start soon.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks LouLou...

Forehead... I have a feeling they'll go away as well. They are not bad. Just lines there. I can wait. Frownies to the rescue!

I much rather have the my big-smile-folds than the very-sad-looking-hollow tear troughs that I used to have two years ago.. which are gone!!!

Will never stop facial exercises! And will start Ageless soon.

-Pepper
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Immacolata, you beautiful thing!

This is interesting... Feeling the burn isn't necessary for getting and maintaining a youthful face, but if you want to go beyond this and actually build the muscular structures of your face, what you suggest sounds a good plan. My elder daughter has built a nice curve in her cheek by going full-on at the exercises.

I'd say though to anypne wanting to emulate your routine that there's not much to be gained by tackling exercise 7 in this spirit. But yeah, the lifting and smoothing exercises can be done in sets by people with a lot of work under their belts already. And of course any muscle growth will be becoming because of the focus on the 'pretty muscles!

All best, as ever,

Loulou Smile

Immacolata wrote:
A question for LouLou (or whomever can answer):

I've already gone way beyond the 20 reps in the cheek exercises. Now I don't count, I just do them until I "feel the burn" and then do 10 more. Showing great progress but I want more!

I do squats, plíes for my butt and legs in sets - i.e. I do 15 plíes, shake out my legs and do 15 more. This supposedly allows the muscle to build more or something - I'm not sure why I do it, I just do it because it was common wisdom when I first started exercising.

Does the same thing apply to the facial muscles?

I want to start doing "sets" of the first four cheek exercises - i.e. do 30 of #1, rest for a minute, then do 30 more. Is there any reason why I should not take this approach?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Attagirl Pepper Smile

It's so good that you're feeling positive about your face! I know exactly what you mean, and if you approach your face in this kind of forgiving spirit, the face can't help but register your upbeat feelings. My answer to Immacolata notwithstanding, the most dramatic good things are based on having the muscular structure and the attitude to lift the face Smile

Peppercorn wrote:
Thanks LouLou...

Forehead... I have a feeling they'll go away as well. They are not bad. Just lines there. I can wait. Frownies to the rescue!

I much rather have the my big-smile-folds than the very-sad-looking-hollow tear troughs that I used to have two years ago.. which are gone!!!

Will never stop facial exercises! And will start Ageless soon.

-Pepper

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi otherloulou,

I bought the video but don't know how often to do the exercises.
I know there's "day 1" and "day 2" but what does that mean? Alternate each one and do them daily?
Or only 2 days a week?
Please help, I don't wanna over do it but I really want to get improvements as soon as possible too!
Thanks so much!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tomisonbottom!

You're right- you alternate day 1 and day2 so that every muscle gets a rest day in between workouts. I usually suggest that you do each of them twice per week, but you will still see results from just doing them once per week each, so it kind of depends how much effort you want to put in!

So, each of the two sessions once or twice per week, and everyone will start telling you how good you look within a couple of months Cool

tomisonbottom wrote:
Hi otherloulou,

I bought the video but don't know how often to do the exercises.
I know there's "day 1" and "day 2" but what does that mean? Alternate each one and do them daily?
Or only 2 days a week?
Please help, I don't wanna over do it but I really want to get improvements as soon as possible too!
Thanks so much!
Cool Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Otherloulou, that's very helpful!
Do you happen to know if the massage and/or the exercises do anything for spider veins/broken capillaries?
Thanks again!
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi other lou lou,
2 more questions for you that I just thought of.

When doing the exercises, do I push against the muscle with my hands to create resistance?
Or am I supposed to be simply using the weight of my hands as the resistance? I don't feel like I'm doing anything when I can't feel the muscle pushing against something but I also don't wanna over do it.

2nd question, how does this effect wrinkles?

Thanks!
noelpopsicle

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in purchasing the Ageless system, but have a questtion. I went to agelessifyourdare.org and saw a book and dvd. I am in the US, and will probably purchase these, but I could swear I read something on the forum about downloads for the computer, and/or another thing you can purchase as well? I really want to get into this, and would love to know all the products possible. Thanks!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
noelpopsicle wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing the Ageless system, but have a questtion. I went to agelessifyourdare.org and saw a book and dvd. I am in the US, and will probably purchase these, but I could swear I read something on the forum about downloads for the computer, and/or another thing you can purchase as well? I really want to get into this, and would love to know all the products possible. Thanks!

I am in the US and I purchased this a few months back and I got a PDF downloadable book and a DVD that I downloaded to my computer. I can print the PDF for a "hard copy" if I want but I can't do much with the DVD except to watch it on my computer. I suppose I could "burn" it to a DVD if I choose to. I have a small DVD player that I keep in my makeup room for my face exercise DVDs.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
noelpopsicle wrote:

I am in the US and I purchased this a few months back and I got a PDF downloadable book and a DVD that I downloaded to my computer. I can print the PDF for a "hard copy" if I want but I can't do much with the DVD except to watch it on my computer. I suppose I could "burn" it to a DVD if I choose to. I have a small DVD player that I keep in my makeup room for my face exercise DVDs.

Thanks so much, I wasn't sure if it was an actual hard copy of each ,or downloads. Smile I really want them as downloads, so that is perfect.
Peppercorn
5% products discount

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I feel like that I should post a follow up on my previous post.

The "folds" around my mouth are gone! They were like 3 big parenthesis or big dimples (on each side) that ran from the outside of my mouth all the way down to my chin . The folds were not nose to mouth... That area on my face is pretty smooth. These folds only happened to me when I had a big smile. My face looked muscular!

I've had them for over a year... I stopped all lower face and mouth exercises and they are gone! So, there is such thing as overbuild. It took three weeks of rest for them to go away. All of a sudden I look a year younger, I'd say.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Peppercorn wrote:

The "folds" around my mouth are gone! They were like 3 big parenthesis or big dimples (on each side) that ran from the outside of my mouth all the way down to my chin . The folds were not nose to mouth... That area on my face is pretty smooth. These folds only happened to me when I had a big smile. My face looked muscular!

I've had them for over a year... I stopped all lower face and mouth exercises and they are gone! So, there is such thing as overbuild. It took three weeks of rest for them to go away. All of a sudden I look a year younger, I'd say.

That is so cool! Good for you! I too have noticed the biggest Ageless gains are when I stop for a few days. I just love it. Will never give it up!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:58 am      Reply with quote
That's such great news Peppercorn! I hope you're really enjoying your good looks.

And thank you so much for posting about it. It's so cool of you

Peppercorn wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I would love to know how to get Hotspots. I've bought the book and the cd and am ready for more!
graceybelle

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi EDS forumers and lurkers Smile It's my very first post here and I've usually been lurking for the past month or so trying to extract firsthand info abt facial exercises. It makes so much logical sense to do facial exercises as my experience with doing regular workouts have kept my body in great shape thus there was not much degree of persuasion needed to finally avail a program.

I have decided upon commencing a systematic routine by buying Loulou's program last October 16. I've started since but only with the aid of the ebook as I'm having a gargantuan degree of difficulty downloading the video, coz the site where they had it stored is too darn slow to have me endure an 8-9hr downloading time just for a mere 188MB file. There's no problem from my end as I am able to stream lengthy videos uninterruptedly on YT and Vimeo so definitely my connections has none to do with it. I wonder if anyone who purchased recently is also encountering the same dilemma. I have reached the program author and the rest of the ageless team but have yet to receive a response. I hope by broaching my concern in a public system, it would grab their attention.

As for the progress of my regimen, I've only been slack for about a week but 2 weeks in doing Loulou's program have yielded me conspicuous results in terms of having tighter skin. I could really feel it since I'm beset by inelastic skin due to fluctuations in body weight and have been quite foolish to skip on sunscreen in my 20s when work required me to be out under the heat for most of the day. I'm Asian btw and I don't burn that easily which had me thinking I was quite immune to the repercussions of photo damage. Because no matter how long I stayed with nary a cover, it didn't make any visible changes on my skin but only to realize the upshot of that will come later in life. Now I'm embarking on damage control and I am absolutely enjoying my stay on the forum which serves as the gateway to the most sensible and expansive information on skin care and aging. I am 35 years of age and have had oily skin for the most part but now have combination skin type. My trouble zones are the growing prominence of NL folds, marionette lines and the irritating tear troughs. I have gotten great results over the latter. Increasing my water intake, I believe, have mattered significantly. I guess I could add or share more about my progress with FE along the way. I'm just too excited to stick with Loulou's program and make it work prior to transitioning to another. Thanks for reading this lengthy post Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |